Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2013 11:13 AM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I thought that alien doctor seemed familiar, it seems they used the same character design for him as Dr.Gero. But what I didn't expect is to see all the bad guys that were sent to hell back in the living world especially Android 17 as we barely seen anything from him after the Android arc! Goku is now trapped in hell and has to face some old familiars being Cell and Frieza so lets see what will happen next!

The new ED is quite nice as well, but they should make a new OP as well as this one ain't all that great in my opinion.
Jan 27, 2014 10:56 AM

Jun 2009
If this is anything like the Janemba movie, this won't last long.
Sep 3, 2014 5:20 PM

Oct 2013
the new ending is very nice
nanofate fan
konata x kagami fan
Nov 8, 2014 3:14 AM

Apr 2013
Great, now they're going to butcher great villains like Freezer and Cell too... Goku got tricked like a retard and no one even tried to stop him, that trap was so obivous. Horrible horrible episode.
Jun 21, 2016 9:41 AM

Oct 2009
Aren't Artificial Humans supposed to not have any Ki?
Sep 21, 2016 4:32 AM

Feb 2016
What's with Goku... saying Hell is the same? Familiar place? What? Hell is completely different here from DBZ... it's like a absolute barren wasteland. Which also leads to me questioning Dr.Gero/Dr.Myuu being able to do anything... they made another Android 17 with only (literally) rubble/rocks/etc? There's no tech and crap for them to tinker with in this variant of Hell... .___.

Goku vs Frieza / Cell doesn't really seem like anything to look forward to either, I doubt they've improved much if any at all... although I'm guessing maybe they've been artificially enhanced by the doctors. (Again, how? barren wasteland.... nothing to work with realistically...)

Also I assume Goku can just use Instant Transmission when's he ready to leave, right? He's used it from King Kai's Planet/Snakeway before, I don't really see Hell being a different case unless powers are somehow restricted/limited.

Also... new ending, cool. Showcases some bits of DB / DBZ / DB GT. Quite nice.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Oct 10, 2016 7:19 PM

Aug 2013
Like a nicely animated Fan-fiction.
Sep 23, 2017 7:48 AM
Sep 2017
RyanEsau said:
Also I assume Goku can just use Instant Transmission when's he ready to leave, right? He's used it from King Kai's Planet/Snakeway before, I don't really see Hell being a different case unless powers are somehow restricted/limited.

I guess he doesn't has any source of energy outside of it to teleport to since Hell is blocking out energy from before afterlife. Heaven and other places like it don't have the restriction because they're more connected to the living.
May 14, 2019 9:33 PM
Jul 2017
RyanEsau said:
What's with Goku... saying Hell is the same? Familiar place? What? Hell is completely different here from DBZ... it's like a absolute barren wasteland. Which also leads to me questioning Dr.Gero/Dr.Myuu being able to do anything... they made another Android 17 with only (literally) rubble/rocks/etc? There's no tech and crap for them to tinker with in this variant of Hell... .___.

Goku vs Frieza / Cell doesn't really seem like anything to look forward to either, I doubt they've improved much if any at all... although I'm guessing maybe they've been artificially enhanced by the doctors. (Again, how? barren wasteland.... nothing to work with realistically...)

Also... new ending, cool. Showcases some bits of DB / DBZ / DB GT. Quite nice.

everything here is very accurate. this is super stupid. not that i mind seeing all these old characters and such, its just way dumb. GO 17! lets see some action
Jan 18, 2021 3:14 PM
Dec 2020
Serhiyko said:

I so forgot about that.... so did toriyama i guess
Jan 18, 2021 3:17 PM

Oct 2009
bishboy25 said:
Serhiyko said:

Toriyama? Toriyama did not write this. He has nothing to do with this season
Jan 18, 2021 3:23 PM
Dec 2020
RyanEsau said:
Which also leads to me questioning Dr.Gero/Dr.Myuu being able to do anything... they made another Android 17 with only (literally) rubble/rocks/etc? There's no tech and crap for them to tinker with in this variant of Hell... .___.

At this point I have stopped thinking about plotholes... Someone else also mentioned about the fact that No. 17 has ki although he is an artificial human. so..............

But Goku cant use Instantaneous movement in hell, this has been told before
Jan 18, 2021 3:25 PM
Dec 2020
Serhiyko said:
bishboy25 said:

Toriyama? Toriyama did not write this. He has nothing to do with this season

Idk,.. i havent read about it (yet).. but since this is non-canon i dont think it matters anyway..
Jan 18, 2021 3:55 PM
Dec 2020
idk why.... but I'm awfully sure that I've heard the tune at the beginning of the new ending song somehere else before... Help!
Feb 1, 2021 1:49 PM

Jan 2015
Wow nostalgic episode. So many villains are back. Glad to see Frieza and Cell back on this show.
Sep 25, 2023 5:41 AM

Nov 2012
it feels like this is arc where they just went "fuck it, lets do whatever we want"
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Dec 14, 2023 1:33 PM

Apr 2021
You can't use teleportation in hell, right? I hope Goku does well in the fight

The earth is already in great danger, but they didn't wait for Vegeta.
Feb 2, 11:27 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Finally, the coolest arc in the show is here, at least that’s what I remember thinking of it lol. Yeah you could argue the plot doesn’t make sense and find holes all over the place, but you know what, I don’t fucking care, it’s just such a cool idea to have two maniacal doctors bring back old foes to destroy Goku, however the returning villains are merely the appetizer, because the doctors have something new up their sleeves with the two Android 17s. I don’t fully understand why there’s two of them and I can’t remember if there’s any good explanation but it’s just cool dude, I’m fine with just enjoying the spectacle lol.

And unfortunately the Red Ribbon lads were dealt with quickly but it looks like Frieza and Cell are going to tussle with Goku like old times, we all know Goku is a lot stronger now so no way they win but it should be a cool fight nonetheless. And damn that’s a nice new ED, I don’t like it quite as much as the first two but that could change as it grows on me, I do like the visuals showcasing classic Dragon Ball stuff too, unfortunately it looks like this ED is only for 8 or so episodes but at least there’s a 5th one to look forward to as well.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball GT Episode 64 Discussion

felix1290 - May 9, 2012

40 by jas-samaaa »»
Apr 5, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball GT Episode 63 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 30, 2013

9 by TheColonel76 »»
Mar 20, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball GT Episode 62 Discussion

7 by TheColonel76 »»
Mar 19, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball GT Episode 61 Discussion

9 by TheColonel76 »»
Mar 19, 10:58 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball GT Episode 60 Discussion

12 by TheColonel76 »»
Mar 17, 7:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.