Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 13, 2013 7:51 PM

Nov 2009
Foreverpwon said:
Its getting good *^* but seriously am i the only one who supports HarukuxTouma ): ? In my opinion Setsuna is the bad one here >.< considering how she confronted Touma about her feelings for Haruki ._. And Haruki him self is stupid he has feeligs for both of them..why did he choose her over Touma -_- ...should of waiting a little longer

How do you know if waiting a little longer will solve things?
He liked her, so he simply accepted her for being the first one to be assertive...

Honestly, from left to right, you can never knew what decision will turn out the wrong way; but you still have to make a decision. So he made his decisions simply because he liked her. Sometimes being the first one always wins the race. Touma also indirectly rejected Haruki, that's probably what decided his decision to date Setsuna... Until Touma suddenly started avoiding Haruki for no reason one day.

If you try to avoid someone, you WILL attract more attention from those who care about you. So disappearing like that is having an opposite effect, yet Touma doesn't even realize this...
Dec 20, 2013 11:23 PM

Aug 2013
Damn Kitahara trying to invite her to an expensive restaurant to hit some big bucks at night, I see you

Keep it in your pants bro before you fuck up your relationship with Touma...
Dec 30, 2013 4:52 PM

Oct 2013
kaimax said:
Sewnshut said:
Touma is no better she just runs away from everything instead of facing her feelings.

LittleStar said:
why she don't just tell them how she feel or at last one of them,
instead act like this?.

One of the reason that made me like "Setsuna's true ending" more than Touma's. I'll just stop here...

Yeah but Touma is not saying anything because she obviously doesn't want to hurt Setsuna's feelings. If Touma confesses, the friendship might as well be over between Setsuna and Touma. It stings, yeah but by breaking contact, the relationships may be saved
Jan 1, 2014 5:43 AM

Aug 2011
A bit too forceful on that kiss there. o_O
Just looked at some CGs from the game, I had a feeling the kiss scene led to one of "those" scenes in the VN.
Jan 3, 2014 12:45 AM
Apr 2011
This was such a hard episode to watch. Haruki is becoming pathetic,I thought he was depicted to be a lot smarter than what he is showing right now. Has he never heard of subtlety?...like dude stop being so desperate...this anime is really go down the well..but it really reminds me of true tears..but it's fine line between that and school days...really hope, it doesn't shift towards the latter
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Jan 21, 2014 1:57 PM
Jul 2018
hyperknees91 said:
And from this point forward, Haruki shows he's the most eternal lame protagonist in visual novel history.

That achievement still goes to Makoto, but, honestly, Haruki is not that far behind... DX EDIT: I actually take that back. At least Haruki isn't (School Days Spoilers)

Also, did Haruki not show up to Setsuna's party?! That f***ing idiot! Now nobody's going to show up and Setsuna is going to be incredibly upset. What the hell?!! At least Touma gave Setsuna flowers, I guess? But that doesn't really help anything at all...
removed-userJan 21, 2014 5:49 PM
Jan 29, 2014 8:51 AM

Oct 2013
Ah, I should dropped this 2 episodes ago, now shitstorm is coming and I'm afraid of... I dunno, anything? Now I watched this ep, got to say I have to go through whatever is coming.

Oineko said:
Someone's going to get hurt, that's for sure.

Everyone's going to, but if you mean someone will get hurt really badly, I hope it's Setsuna. Don't get me wrong, I like Setsuna, but not as much as Kazusa. I can't imagine anything but KazusaxHaruki, I just love their chemistry (especially when they are bickering with each other).
Feb 1, 2014 12:40 PM

Aug 2013
Oh wow, as a french canadian, those three sentences Touma mom said were awfully funny xD
That accent was just horrible, I heard about japanese not being able to pronounce the ''r''.

So in the end, Touma left the city. I think it's obvious why she did so. What I think is that after the festival concert, when they were alone in the music class 2, he admited his feeling and maybe even kissed her. She then maybe told him that she needed time to think about it and then later Setsuna appeared. Feeling that she's non-intentionnaly grabbing Haruki away from Setsuna, she left the city.

For Setsuna, I think that why she always try to be the closest possible to Kazusa is because she don't want to lose her best friend. She already lost all of her friend before and is scared to be left alone again. I even think that she is trying to get Kazusa and Haruki together, even if she have strong feeling for him, because she don't want her friend trio to be ripped appart.

That was some passionate kissing in the middle of the episode :P
I like that, I think that anime tend to be too scared to show kissing scene, but I know that it's a cultural thing.

Kyuutoryuu said:
Damn Kitahara trying to invite her to an expensive restaurant to hit some big bucks at night, I see you

Keep it in your pants bro before you fuck up your relationship with Touma...

I don't think that it's for that that he invited her to the restaurant. He even whispered ''because I need to know if you're the only one that count for me...''. What he meant by that is that he have strong feeling for Kazusa, but he wanted to see if he could forget her and focus on his relationship.

Honestly, this is such a shitty relationship situation. I mean, no one is the culprit and no one can win.
minouneetzoeFeb 1, 2014 12:44 PM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 2, 2014 4:52 PM

Dec 2012
I'm beginning to think that Setsuna only asked Haruki out so that she could hook Haruki and Touma up. Either that or she knows Haruki actually likes Touma and is using her birthday party as an experiment to see who Haruki chooses.
Apr 18, 2014 5:58 PM

May 2012
That ending lolwut!? What's up with that? Well I personally hope it won't go as the first season and that he'll cheat on his first gf but well the love triangle is getting better and better.
Jun 4, 2014 12:00 PM
Jul 2012
"I just want to make sure you're the only one for me. Oh, sorry, did I say that out loud?" Good LORD.

Also, what's with the little jewelry box? That looked suspiciously like something you'd use to present someone with a ring. I guess it could just as easily be earrings or anything else, but my first thought was that he had decided to double down.

At this point, I'm assuming he's going to end up with Touma, just because there's no point in having him get together with Ogiso halfway through the series, and then have everybody run in place for six more episodes so they can end it the way they already had it...
Jun 6, 2014 1:59 AM

Jan 2012
Shit no don't run away Toumo
Actually I feel really sorry for her for having no future
Jun 17, 2014 5:31 PM

Nov 2011
WOW. This is excellently executed drama. If they keep this pace, it'll top a certain other anime that's a fav of mine.

Where do I even start with this episode?

Touma has chosen to avoid Haruki and Setsuna. It's not a bad decision, exactly. The thinking is most likely this: She likes Haruki, yet she gave him up to Setsuna, so hanging around him would only make the situation worse for everyone involved if he's to stay with Setsuna. At that, she's kept her feelings to herself to lessen the awkwardness for Haruki and preserve whatever relationship they have left. At the same time, it's almost like she's screaming inside for him to make a decision already. It's so subtle yet so clear at the same time. (Man, that look when she left in the taxi said it all...)

On the other end of the spectrum we have Setsuna. She's almost childlike in her love for Haruki and Touma. I believe she is fully aware of the situation, but is pretending everything is okay to "keep the dream going". She wants everything to be okay with the three of them being together, even though she knows deep down that it can't work. Touma didn't help anything when she gave Setsuna full permission to pursue Haruki. She did it (I think) to protect Setsuna. After all, she's the "weakest" of the three, and has been the most honest and straightforward with her intentions at that. It's only fair that she should get Haruki (or so Touma might reason).

And finally we have Haruki, sandwiched in the middle. I said it before, but he never should have kissed Setsuna if he wasn't sure. Now he's on the verge of entering douche territory for with Setsuna so long- for making out with her, for holding her hand, for holding her- when all he can seem to think about is Touma. It's not fair to Setsuna. My guess is that he's staying with her out of a sense of duty, or "gentlemenship" (new word!) gone wrong. He's actually just leading her on if he really wants to be with Touma. Yet, he seems to be unable to figure out Touma's feelings, and we come full circle with the above.

I thought Setsuna's birthday move seemed a bit underhanded, but at the same it seems genius. She knew Touma wouldn't come. What's important is whether Haruki shows up... What makes me curious is that he seems to have bought a ring. You might assume it's for Setsuna, but why did he end up going to Touma's, then? (I don't claim this to be definitive. I simply find it intriguing.) The thing is, Touma is already on a plane! What would he have done if she was home, I wonder? What will he do when he finds out where she is?

I'm stoked for the next episode.

tl;dr I think that was the most excellently crafted drama episode I've ever seen in anime. Amazing.
Jul 14, 2014 12:14 AM

Sep 2013
That kiss scene, Setsuna is moaning like they're having sex lol.

Well its obvious Haruki likes Touma...SHIT! THIS IS FUCKING SCHOOL DAYS!!
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 14, 2014 4:40 AM

Mar 2008
TripleSRank said:

tl;dr I think that was the most excellently crafted drama episode I've ever seen in anime. Amazing.

Yet you ended up giving the anime a score of 1 in the end. I wonder how that happened...

I like this drama so far, but I'm expecting that there'll be a lot more... I for one can understand Touma as she is quite similar to me. Actually I've done nearly the same thing in the past...
Jul 18, 2014 2:47 AM

Jan 2012
called it... there was an airplane involved as I've predicted but not the same conclusion..

they're dragging this a bit too long imo...

let's hope shit hits the fan soon or this anime is doomed
Aug 15, 2014 12:33 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, Kazusa is really a good friend, she loves Haruki, but she doesn't want to meddle between them (I think it is not running away from her fellings). It is really rare.
5/5 this show is really amazing.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 13, 2014 3:21 PM

Jul 2014
wtf touma! you can't just leave like that without telling anyone!
Dec 26, 2014 12:48 PM

Nov 2012
I enjoy the type of drama this show provides. Haruki is in a intrapersonal conflict between trying to get Touma back together as friends while stabilizing his relationship with Setsuna. However, Haruki struggles to do this as he tries to his suppress his deep feelings that he like Touma, and Touma very well knows that.
Feb 27, 2015 3:45 AM

Jan 2013
There's too many timeskips for me to give a shit about this.

It's literally shitting on the original
Mar 28, 2015 3:00 PM

Nov 2014
This is a suffering to watch

Apr 26, 2015 7:47 PM

Feb 2013
Setsuna and Haruki were really getting into that kissing on the street there. Damn. someone throw some water. Cool down!

You made the bad decision Haruki. You don't decide to go to a friend's home instead of you r girlfriends birthday and a girl nonetheless!

So Touma left on a plane somewhere. So that why she said she memorized it. I'm guessing she's gone for good? Nah. I'm sure she'll be back.

Setsuna wanting the three of them to be together forever isn't posible if two are in a relationship together. It makes it super awkward for the other person. It'll never work.
Apr 30, 2015 5:30 AM

Nov 2011
The plot gets more interesting and the story while showing a slow pace always, he manages to be more engaging.
Bravo to Haruki kissing so vehemently before Setsuna, and then runs back to Kazusa, the mother of the latter seems quite funny and reminds me ...!
Drawings and animations not exactly the best, perhaps these two are the only factors do not like this TV series.
Jun 14, 2015 2:14 PM

May 2015
Haruki is so painfully oblivious to how Touma feels. I feel bad for her. Looks like best girl won't win this time.
Aug 2, 2015 3:08 AM

May 2014
Setsuna is well aware that Haruki has feelings for Kazusa and yet she still go on with "the 3 of us" stuff... That's not how you help him forget about her!
Aug 2, 2015 11:05 PM

Nov 2011
Tennouji_ said:

Huh? I believe the complaints are about Haruki's indecisiveness.

Must be hard for members of team Setsuna to watch these episodes.
Oct 8, 2015 12:04 PM

Jan 2012
Oh her French is not that bad... the pronunciation that is ^^" Way better than in Kuroshitsuji ><
Nov 8, 2015 6:59 PM

May 2012
uuughhhh i dont ike where this is going, i dont like it one bit..... fucckkk someones hearts gonna get broken
Nov 28, 2015 4:56 AM

Sep 2015
I still have faith that the best girl will win :(

Touma, I know your pain ;_;
May 25, 2016 1:00 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Touma running away. Cannot say that I blame her. Seeing those w together all the time must be unbearable for her.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 1, 2016 4:59 PM
Jul 2013
I think it's high time to enter a new character to break the love triangle, but i guess that's not what's going to happen. It's heading for a trainwreck.
Also, I got this feeling of familiarity, the girls remind me of the two Nana's from NANA.
Sep 20, 2016 7:06 AM

Mar 2008
Wow, and here again a dumb male main protagonist - no maybe the dumbest ...

I know, maybe this is an intentionally made up setting and story but really it's just so ridiculous espacially how this so called Haruki act.

This guy is really the most dishonest and hypocrite ever. First, if you like this girl don't kiss and go out with another girl. Really, this Haruki is so weak-minded and childish.

Moreover, what's up with this selfish promise "Let's all the three of us be together, forever", WTF?! Are we in fairy tales land? How dense and selfish can a person be, to force and command other people about the way they have to live? This guy thinks, as long as he is happy, it doesn't matter what the other thinks - that's so absurd!

Same goes with this Setsuna girl. Too childish and selfish. Her character is not even a little bit cute as it may be intended by the authors. She is just annoying. On the one hand, it's not 100% her fault, because the most evil guy in this part is this scumbag and wishy-washy guy Haruki.

Geez, at first I really wanted to play the visual novel after this series and normally I like dramas, but if it's a drama so ridiculous as this with so many irrational characters then it's not worth it.

I know it sounds like a typical "angry guy comment", but I'm always disappoint when a story with much potential turns out to be so irrational in the end and maybe just to increase the drama - no thanks.

In the end, the only cool character is Touma.

May 6, 2017 3:50 PM

May 2010
Setsuna seriously needs to give up the fantasy of the three of them being best friends forever. If anything, that's quite cruel of her, since she knows how Kazusa feels about her boyfriend... I don't understand why she's acting like that :( I know that she's her best female friend, and that Setsuna has some issues, but shouldn't keeping her beloved boyfriend be her top priority?
Stop daydreaming, dammit!

On the other hand, Kazusa is just awesome, she doesn't want to meddle too much, so she gave up without even giving herself a chance with a confession ;_; Now I can understand why people love her, she's so unique for character from love-triangle anime!

As for Haruki... he's clearly not a decent person, when a guy acts like that in real life, he's just an asshole. It is a bit hard to sympathize with him...
Dec 18, 2017 4:10 AM

Dec 2014
ooohh there is still some chemistry between touma and haruki I guess that's why they were avoiding each other..feel bad for the ginger head
Apr 3, 2018 1:47 PM

May 2016
Let's see how things will go after Touma is gone, I hope Haruki won't turn into an emo suddenly.
Apr 20, 2019 10:04 PM

Aug 2017
Player Haruki getting steamy action from idol Setsuna. Forget about Touma, time for party all alone with Setsuna lasting all night. Enough third wheeling for Touma, get her out.

Jul 21, 2020 1:08 PM
Apr 2019
that kiss...man really it was something...on a soulless road..under streetlight...whoah.
So kkazusa's mom is coming into the stage,huh...
interesting point: I think Setsuna does prefer her friends over Family,,I kinda didn't like it,,though it's not her fault..probably it's just his father is rude and overprotective,,,
but I think he is quite considerate,,considering he has let out Setsuna on everything after that day,,I think it's just Setsuna's own complexity that she doesn't want to be felt left out...that's why her father acts protective so that his daughter isn't left out or hurt again.
Mar 17, 2023 8:56 PM

May 2019
NTR confirmed, and on the gf's birthday lol.

Haruki is total trash, but Setsuna was testing him all along, forcing the "we 3 togheter" just to be sure that Haruki is going to leave her or not.

The only decent person in this show is Touma.
Apr 7, 2023 3:29 PM

May 2018
People blaming Haruki and Setsuna usually just miss the point of the story entirely. They're all dealing with an extreme delicate situation, Haruki knows he loves Kazusa, but he fears that she despise him, after all Kazusa is always hiding her true feelings, keeping a safe distance in order to protect herself, and this isn't exactly for Setsuna's sake, it was like that even before her. Also, Haruki wants the best for Setsuna, he wants to protect her and make her happy, that's why he just couldn't reject her confession, and Setsuna knew how he felt the whole time and she took advantage of that. Kazusa is a complete mess, she's weak, with a very bad temper, mostly useless in terms of social skills, and this is very clear in the visual novel; Kazusa has nothing but the piano, if you remove this from her life she's completely useless and helpless, and this reflects her behavior throughout the series. Setsuna is basically the one who make their relationship actually develop, she was the trigger for Haruki and Kazusa, and she shouldn't be blamed for that, all she wanted was to be a part of their lives. They were all caught up in a situation they couldn't actually avoid, none of them are actually guilty of that, in the end they're all hurting each other unintentionally, and they're all great characters in this sense. 

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Jun 12, 2023 5:34 AM

Jul 2016
All those empty sugar packets next to his coffee cup tho, not to mention literally standing her up on her birthday.

At this point I just hope Kitahara ends things with Setsuna properly instead of going the route of a cheater.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

856 by GingZ »»
Mar 1, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.