3It was OK
12.0%
2Disliked it
3.1%
1Hated it
4.2%
Average 4.3
192 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 30, 2013 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn that was some kiss.

I admire Touma's piano skills this episode. Poor her though ;.; I miss Touma already..damn.
Nov 30, 2013 9:03 AM
Dec 2012
Haruki is dense. It's even criminal. He should've discovered a real reason why Kazusa didn't answer him. He shouldn't have slipped his arm around Setsuna's shoulder at the concert hall. Looked like Kazusa got disturbed at the sight of it, which badly affected her piano performance.

I had rooted for Kazusa x Haruki before, but now I changed my mind. He is too dumb for her.
Nov 30, 2013 11:06 AM

Aug 2008
And from this point forward, Haruki shows he's the most eternal lame protagonist in visual novel history.
Nov 30, 2013 11:16 AM

Jun 2008
hyperknees91 said:
And from this point forward, Haruki shows he's the most eternal lame protagonist in visual novel history.

Nope it's still Makoto Ito and Takayuki Narumi.

eminagnam said:
I had rooted for Kazusa x Haruki before, but now I changed my mind. He is too dumb for her.

For once can people actually blame the females for being too indirect with the male protagonist?

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 30, 2013 11:32 AM
Mar 2013
And now he changes his mind *sigh*
Nov 30, 2013 11:41 AM

May 2013
Some more drama is starting to unravel. Touma is on a airplane :(

I hope Haruki shows up for Setsuna's party. That would suck if he didn't show up at all.
Nov 30, 2013 11:46 AM

Sep 2011
Annnd let the suffering begin.

Anyway, Kazusa's mom is cuter than on the VN. Maybe because of her makeup is distracting her natural beauty.
TennoujiNov 30, 2013 11:56 AM

Nov 30, 2013 12:03 PM

Aug 2010
Why is it turning out like this :(...I'm getting bad vibes all over T_T

I really feel something bad will happen soon.

Even with all the moments Haruki and Setsuna had I'm still feeling something is missing in their relationship. I can't put my hand on it though. And the way Setsuna rejected his idea of being alone also foreshadows sth I think.

Dat Kiss O_O?! Too intense XD

Kazusa already left? I'm guessing Haruki will go after her lol. Didn't expect her mom to be like that though. She seems pretty fun. I thought she was the bitchy type.

I can see Setsuna getting hurt by the end of all this. Haruki is gonna become an ass soon if that happens. I can feel he's on his way -.-
Nov 30, 2013 12:05 PM

Nov 2011
and now 2 routes lay before haruki.
but seriously...what a distraction at that recital
Hate Keeps me warm
Nov 30, 2013 12:15 PM

Sep 2009
I really like how the director handled this ep. A lot of small things which made it more enjoyable.

And I really don't understand people blaming Haruki too much. He behaves normally. In his character. Yes, he is dense but it was clear all the time. He is smart and proactive but lucks sensitivity so there's no reason to blame him for behaving abnormally
Nov 30, 2013 12:35 PM

Sep 2011
Nachtwandler_21 said:
I really like how the director handled this ep. A lot of small things which made it more enjoyable.

And I really don't understand people blaming Haruki too much. He behaves normally. In his character. Yes, he is dense but it was clear all the time. He is smart and proactive but lucks sensitivity so there's no reason to blame him for behaving abnormally

Yeah I was having the same thought. My thoughts are what would you do in a complicated triangle relationship. One girl goes towards him while the other hides her feeling and ignores him. You can say he's dense but, he took what the situation presented him with. Touma is no better she just runs away from everything instead of facing her feelings.
BasaraTheSlayerNov 30, 2013 12:38 PM
Nov 30, 2013 12:41 PM

Oct 2013
I think Setsuna uses her scheming skills too much. Ah, if I don't see touma getting anything, gonna drop this.
Nov 30, 2013 12:41 PM

Aug 2008
kaimax said:
hyperknees91 said:

eminagnam said:

For once can people actually blame the females for being too indirect with the male protagonist?

Makoto is super dumb, but he is entertaining so I give him more credit. Plus you're not even suppose to take school days seriously unlike this. Takayuki has to deal with a far more difficult problem than Haruki ever has to so I would say I can actually sympathize with the guy. But I'll agree that they went overboard with him in terms of negativity and indecisiveness.

Touma is pretty dumb as well so you're right about that as well. Which makes me wonder if people will still like her the most.
Nov 30, 2013 1:14 PM

Nov 2012
Man, lol unexpected smooch there.
What's with him saying he wants to check that she's the only one for him. 0.o

Them showing their couple-ness at the recital was kind of idiotic. Poor Touma.

Nov 30, 2013 1:32 PM

Sep 2008
After all these HarukixSetsuna moments,
I really don't want HarukixTouma ending!

I really don't understand Touma, if she have problems with HarukixSetsuna as couple,
why she don't just tell them how she feel or at last one of them,
instead act like this?

Haruki, please don't promise something you aren't sure that you can keep up!
Really, my heart will be broken, if at the end he become a****** and leave Setsuna alone.
Nov 30, 2013 1:37 PM

Jun 2008
Sewnshut said:
Touma is no better she just runs away from everything instead of facing her feelings.

LittleStar said:
instead act like this?.

One of the reason that made me like "Setsuna's true ending" more than Touma's. I'll just stop here...

Nov 30, 2013 1:42 PM
May 2013
Setsuna wants the 3 of them to be together.
Kazusa has given up on that. She's trying to end cut contact with the two.
Haruki plays along with Setsuna's 3 always together, but he is skeptical about that too.

http://mdzanime.me/2013/11/30/white-album-2-two-hearts-passing/

I'll just steal and paraphrase what this guy said.

Kazusa is too close to Setsuna, so she won't do anything from her side.
However, always being with Setsuna and Haruki is also impossible for her.
So she's trying to end things quietly, and hopefully not to cause much drama
but of course that is not working, since it's only making Haruki even more anxious

His word slips in this episode tell that he's not handling this well either.
"Why did you have to be so great"
"I need to confirm that I only have Setsuna" twice

And this is happening, because he accepted Setsuna's confession before sorting out his own feelings. As his friends said, confession this early is not what the expect from Haruki. It's only now that things are unfolding like this that the concealed things are resurfacing.
K_boardNov 30, 2013 1:47 PM
Nov 30, 2013 2:02 PM

Sep 2008
I know the situations like this,
except friend doesn't love boyfriend of her best friend,
and I can understand that Setsuna want to spend time with Touma and Haruki,
and for me everything was ok, if Touma confess what she feel for Haruki.

Setsuna made it clear she love Haruki and she have a plan or she already confess her love for him, I don't remember well... but she asked her this is ok for her.
And Touma played role of bestfriend who support her.

And now... I don't really get it...
Better avoid and pretend that she is ok,
or better leave friends without word.
Nov 30, 2013 2:07 PM
Apr 2009
kaimax said:
Sewnshut said:
Touma is no better she just runs away from everything instead of facing her feelings.

LittleStar said:
instead act like this?.
One of the reason that made me like "Setsuna's true ending" more than Touma's. I'll just stop here...
This is only the Anime for the first part
White Album 2 ~introductory chapter~ : http://vndb.org/v2920
The real story begins with the 2 part; The closing chapter : http://vndb.org/v7771

So dont give up, there is still hope for Kazusa x Kitahara ;)
Nov 30, 2013 2:17 PM

Jun 2008
heiqi1hu said:
I think Setsuna uses her scheming skills too much. Ah, if I don't see touma getting anything, gonna drop this.

Touma won't get anything if she keeps running from her feelings. And seriously, too much negative light on Setsuna when Touma is just as guilty in her own way, which is hiding her feelings.

Nov 30, 2013 2:18 PM

Mar 2012
Man, if only every serious romance series can actually do characterization this well...

Well, another well-executed episode. To be honest, even in a soon-to-come trainwreck situation like this, I find it hard to place the blame on anyone. And I suppose that's why I like this series -- it doesn't just try to be black and white but rather attempts to capture the realism and the complexity of human relationships. Kazusa at this point is obviously trying to avoid the couple as far as possible, knowing that she is hopelessly in love with Haruki and cannot keep her feelings contained. Setsuna realizes that Kazusa and Kitahara actually have feelings for one another, but still wants to hold onto Kazusa because she genuinely loves her as a friend. This dinner party, where it would be just her and Kitahara if Kazusa declines to show, can be seen as almost an ultimatum. Chances are she would've sealed her relationship with Kitahara if Kitahara just went to her house.

But Kitahara doesn't, and decides to go to Kazusa's instead. Whether he's doing it for Setsuna (out of her desire to have them three together) or for himself is up to debate, but this marks a serious divergence from the Setsuna route. If anyone would be to blame, it'd be him for getting together with Setsuna and setting everyone up for a potentially tragic outcome, but at least he's coming to terms with his feelings and more or less acting on it. In that sense, it's hard to even blame him. And next episode might be where the relationship among those three starts to implode...
Nov 30, 2013 2:19 PM

Jun 2008
Hi3i said:
kaimax said:
Sewnshut said:

LittleStar said:
instead act like this?.
This is only the Anime for the first part
White Album 2 ~introductory chapter~ : http://vndb.org/v2920
The real story begins with the 2 part; The closing chapter : http://vndb.org/v7771

So dont give up, there is still hope for Kazusa x Kitahara ;)

I already played the PC and own the Ps3 version. >_>

zannet_t said:
but this marks a serious divergence from the Setsuna route. If anyone would be to blame, it'd be him for getting together with Setsuna and setting everyone up for a potentially tragic outcome, but at least he's coming to terms with his feelings and more or less acting on it. In that sense, it's hard to even blame him. And next episode might be where the relationship among those three starts to implode...

-There are no routes in this season (Introductory Chapter in the VN is linear)
-And everyone (Haruki/Setsuna/Kazusa) are equally guilty in this triangle.
kaimaxNov 30, 2013 2:24 PM

Nov 30, 2013 2:28 PM
Apr 2009
kaimax said:
I already played the PC and own the Ps3 version. >_>
But this is still the ~introductory chapter~(who has a linear plot) or not?

@kaimax
Edit: Never mind, my fault >_>
I understood you just wrong (god, my english is really bad -.-)
-_Removed_-Nov 30, 2013 2:40 PM
Nov 30, 2013 2:35 PM

Mar 2012
heiqi1hu said:
I wouldn't even say Setsuna is scheming. Kazusa is partly at fault for basically not ever being honest with her feelings. She had many chances to confess too, but simply chose not to. What was Setsuna supposed to do, wait forever until Kazusa confesses to Kitahara? Now that Setsuna is with Kitahara, she can't just let Kitahara drift away either -- she actually loves Kitahara after all -- so this "scheme" is more like a question posed to Kazusa. If Kazusa continues to reject their company, she will lose Kitahara. It's that simple. To be honest, not that I'm for Setsuna, but she's already being far more tolerant than most people would in real life. Can't blame her for trying for her own love, right?

kaimax said:
zannet_t said:
but this marks a serious divergence from the Setsuna route. If anyone would be to blame, it'd be him for getting together with Setsuna and setting everyone up for a potentially tragic outcome, but at least he's coming to terms with his feelings and more or less acting on it. In that sense, it's hard to even blame him. And next episode might be where the relationship among those three starts to implode...

-There are no routes in this season (Introductory Chapter in the VN is linear)
-And everyone (Haruki/Setsuna/Kazusa) are equally guilty in this triangle.
That's my mistake for not being clear. What I meant by "the Setsuna route" is that if the intended ending here is for Kitahara to be with Setsuna, then he'd probably have just gone to her house. I don't claim to have any knowledge of VN contents so you'd probably know better.

As to "equally guilty," sure. I would prefer to say they're all equally guiltless, but that's more difference in framing than difference in opinion.
Nov 30, 2013 3:02 PM

Apr 2009
Man, I still support Kazusa's winning but even I'd be mad at Haruki if he skipped Setsuna's party. That's cold.
Nov 30, 2013 4:31 PM

Jul 2013
this show just keeps geting better
Nov 30, 2013 5:16 PM

Jul 2009
really guys? who in their right mind will go up to their best friend and say, 'oh you know that girl you're dating, well... i like her too. so, yeah... i'm just going to make it awkward between us. dont worry, we can compete with each other just like in anime.'

HAHAHA NO.. im pretty sure the sucking it up and avoiding conflict is the more plausible route. and if seeing them together disgusts/bothers you, you get up and leave before you destroy your relationship with your best friend and make a huge scene about it. this sounds more legit if you ask me.
Nov 30, 2013 5:35 PM

Jan 2011
kaimax said:
hyperknees91 said:

eminagnam said:

QFT.

Zeser said:
this show just keeps geting better

If anything - its getting worse and worse. So far the supports were saving the show for me and the 3 mains weren't that bad, but the last 2 episodes this really went downhill.
All 3 mains have become so cliché, its sad...
AlexGKNov 30, 2013 5:38 PM
Nov 30, 2013 5:43 PM

Sep 2013
That moment when Touma memorized Haruki's face. Right in the feels.
I got my money on Haruki going after Touma and not attending Setsuna's party.
Dammit, Touma! Just confess already and let the train wreck begin! Lol.
Nov 30, 2013 5:50 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode. Loved the make out scene. The drama is so good.
Nov 30, 2013 5:51 PM

Nov 2009
I dont want things to end badly with Setsuna, she's such a great girl.
What I don't like about Touma is that, she just pretends to ignore her true feelings and play along with Setsuna.
Heck, if you aren't okay, say so.
But i got a feeling that she's gonna explode the next time she sees Haruki :/
Nov 30, 2013 6:07 PM

Aug 2012
plot twist: it will be Setsuna x Touma end

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Nov 30, 2013 7:11 PM
Jul 2018
ltspfan said:
plot twist: it will be Setsuna x Touma end

LOL Don't jinx us.
Nov 30, 2013 7:39 PM

Feb 2012
I wanted a Haruki x Touma ending, but now, I don't want her to end up with an indecisive guy like him. Dang, he chose Setsuna already so just prioritize her. If he partly likes Touma even before Setsuna confessed to him and all the while he's dating and making out with Setsuna, he's the BIGGEST DOUCHE ever! He should've waited before giving Setsuna an answer!!

And Setsuna, knowing that Touma has feelings for Haruki yet plotted to steal him before Touma could even do anything, what kind of friendship is that? I thought Setsuna would be kind enough to compete on equal grounds and not be a sly, conniving b**ch.

Although it's partly Touma's fault for bottling her feelings up. She couldn't do anything coz Setsuna acted before Touma could get her feeling straight... But now, she seriously has to bottle it up since Haruki and Setsuna are dating. She wouldn't want to be a home wrecker.

Touma is the best character in this show by a mile!!! MARTYR!! lol
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Nov 30, 2013 7:49 PM
Jul 2018
Yes, this point onward, Haruki proves himself to be a very flat puppet protagonist. The story and other characters are close to being equally lame. From its viewer base, I can see why WA2 is highly overrated, but really, shitstorm next week.
Nov 30, 2013 7:56 PM
Sep 2013
just stunned when Touma said "oboeta, wasurenai".. she really wants to treasure haruki before going away, thats why she deeply saw at haruki's face..
Nov 30, 2013 8:22 PM
Nov 2013
Good episode. I'm ready for the trainwreck finale on the upcoming episodes.
Nov 30, 2013 8:27 PM

Jun 2008
5chan said:
Good episode. I'm ready for the trainwreck finale on the upcoming episodes.

Finale as in, the end of the "Introductory chapter" which is just 10 hours of the original VN.

edwd2 said:
I can see why WA2 is highly overrated

How can you say it's overrated when you're only seeing 20% of the whole story?
Just to be fair, there are people who likes WA2, but says that IC was their least favorite part.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
As always blame the male, where it was all Touma's fault for "hiding her feelings" Causing Haruki to misunderstood her and accepting Setsuna's direct feelings.

kaimaxNov 30, 2013 8:34 PM

Nov 30, 2013 8:31 PM
Jul 2012
Despite Touma not realizing or confessing her feelings earlier, I can't help but feel bad for her. She's been trying to distance herself from Haruki so she doesn't get in the way between their relationship but Setsuna insists on the three of them being together. Must be painful to watch your friend and the person you like be intimate or so close while you're just tagging along with them.

I hope they decide to adapt the rest of the series so we can get the complete ending.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Nov 30, 2013 8:53 PM

Jan 2011
What what what!
Nov 30, 2013 9:23 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Hmm as Winter came, Setsuna, Touma and Haruki enjoyed happy memories, but as Spring came Haruki and Setsuna are beginning to see those happy times to melt with the coming of a new season. Touma pretty much got distracted by Haruki's actions at the recital. I like Setsuna more than Touma, but Touma needs a good ending. The drama is coming in small events which is good because it makes things more easier to handle.

Setsuna pretty much knows what's going to happen with Haruki. She could have said yes to the restaurant idea, but she knows his true feelings are for Touma. Sad to realize it, but it's a harsh truth and I feel bad for Setsuna. She's making a nice dinner, Touma leaves in an airplene to Narita, and I assume Haruki was told where Touma will go.

Nov 30, 2013 9:52 PM
Jan 2013
This tension. asklflajfl. y u do dis guys? Haruki was a real butt this episode. "I want to make sure you're the right girl" / "I only have Setsuna" >:O . He seems to be playing with her feelings, getting closer to Setsuna, but on a distant level with no affection. I almost got the vibe that he was showing off to Touma that he was with Setsuna. I mean to give him a bit of a break, just a bit no more, he was kind of pushed into this by Setsuna, but still.. Haruki you turd.

Touma is so mature and self sacraficing ;~; She spends time with them even though it must hurt her so much. Hiding her feelings like that must also be painful, especially with the little hints we get throughout the episode.

On a side note, did the animation quality drop a bit or was it just me?
Nov 30, 2013 10:26 PM

Aug 2008
jbeat said:
I wanted a Haruki x Touma ending, but now, I don't want her to end up with an indecisive guy like him. Dang, he chose Setsuna already so just prioritize her. If he partly likes Touma even before Setsuna confessed to him and all the while he's dating and making out with Setsuna, he's the BIGGEST DOUCHE ever! He should've waited before giving Setsuna an answer!!

And Setsuna, knowing that Touma has feelings for Haruki yet plotted to steal him before Touma could even do anything, what kind of friendship is that? I thought Setsuna would be kind enough to compete on equal grounds and not be a sly, conniving b**ch.

Although it's partly Touma's fault for bottling her feelings up. She couldn't do anything coz Setsuna acted before Touma could get her feeling straight... But now, she seriously has to bottle it up since Haruki and Setsuna are dating. She wouldn't want to be a home wrecker.

Touma is the best character in this show by a mile!!! MARTYR!! lol

Lawl yeah no. Setsuna didn't do anything wrong, Touma had plentyyy of chances to ask him out beforehand and she did nothing and was completely indirect with him. So if anything she was making it pretty clear to Setsuna that it was ok to make a move on him.

The only thing you can blame Setsuna for thus far, is her childish belief of keeping the three of them together. But at the moment, most of the problems lie with Touma for being immature.
Nov 30, 2013 10:26 PM

Dec 2012
Haruki keeps digging himself into a deeper and deeper hole because he kept going along with the flow with Setsuna. He realizes that he has lingering feelings with Touma, and wants to confirm it by arranging a dinner for 2 with Setsuna but Setsuna insists on having all 3 of them together, which hurts Touma because Haruki and Setsuna is acting all lovey-dovey.

All 3 of them are at fault:
Touma for holding back because of her friendship with Setsuna
Setsuna for trying to force her vision of the 3 of them being together and not understanding the other characters
Haruki for going along with the flow despite still loving Touma
Its brilliant to see how the anime portrays all 3 characters and what they truly want. Setsuna is the one who will be hurt in the end...
Nov 30, 2013 11:05 PM

Oct 2013
its was rather impossible to keep a good relation with 2 girs one boys when both love this guys,

Shinseiryuu said:
All 3 of them are at fault:
Touma for holding back because of her friendship with Setsuna
Setsuna for trying to force her vision of the 3 of them being together and not understanding the other characters
Haruki for going along with the flow despite still loving Touma
Its brilliant to see how the anime portrays all 3 characters and what they truly want. Setsuna is the one who will be hurt in the end...

yeah kind agree at this, touma is hidding lot these feeling for haruki as well, it dont help, kind really excited for the next episode
Nov 30, 2013 11:25 PM

Feb 2012
That was so intense. I feel the drama flowing in.

That was so painful for Touma. Seeing them being lovey-dovey all the time while she was performing. That must've been a painful distraction knowing that she also have that feeling over Haruki.

Btw, I enjoyed this episode so much. Can't really wait for the shitstorm to come.

I sense some NTR, NTR, NTR INCOMINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. I'm starting to feel some trainwreck for Setsuna now. It's really coming. I can feel it. Haruki will probably come and chase after Touma.

I can't really decide on who's better. Both are on par with each other, Setsuna and Kasuza. This is actually the first time i'm rooting for both of them. Both are lovable characters.

I'm also just wondering why some are complaining despite the roughly smooth directing and pacing of the series. I'm really sad that these people are still complaining.
Altaria-chanNov 30, 2013 11:30 PM
Dec 1, 2013 2:42 AM

Sep 2011
Shinseiryuu said:

Are you sure about that?

Dec 1, 2013 3:19 AM

Aug 2012
pizza_012 said:
I'm also just wondering why some are complaining despite the roughly smooth directing and pacing of the series. I'm really sad that these people are still complaining.

Let's just say that not everyone really seem to understand Haruki's dilemma right now. They think it's as simple as 'Haruki doesn't really like Setsuna at all and is using her while he actually loves Touma.'

Since this anime is also very subtle, I'm not surprised that not everyone can catch up on the little details being shown in this anime. They always just go gung-ho on the 'Oh, this is soooo very very much cliche!!1!' because they don't know what details they missed which actually backs every major moment up to actually be plausible.
Dec 1, 2013 3:43 AM

Sep 2011
pizza_012 said:

Huh? I believe the complaints are about Haruki's indecisiveness.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

856 by GingZ »»
Mar 1, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.