Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 1, 2013 5:29 AM

Aug 2012
eupseudes said:
Unspoiled anime-only viewer here.

Given the comments that are made in threads like this, I kind of wonder if LB is better experienced spoiled? After
, I've been paying a bit more attention to some of the possible double-meanings in certain scenes—and actually, some of the dialogue makes a lot more sense when cast in the other perspective (whereas in the surface narrative it seems stilted or melodramatic). But while I can almost visualize some of the immediate allusions, it's hard to visualize any sort of overarching thematic structure (all of the arcs in the first season actually make things pretty disorganized, whereas in Refrain there is a lot clearer continuity). But I imagine (and am assured by the posters here) that the hints are there; unfortunately, I am probably not going to rewatch season 1. Maybe a VN reader could kindly compile all of the foreshadowing that occurred after this whole shindig is done :)

Vladz0r has this compilation. He said he'll post it in these forums once the secret of the world is fully revealed.
Dec 1, 2013 7:02 AM

Sep 2007
Excellent. Again.

Key doing a decent job for once.

Dec 1, 2013 7:51 AM

Apr 2013
That friend's tears.... That Song For Friends.... That scene in the end....

I'm at a loss of words... Even as a VN player, I see no flaws (Or maybe I was just paying attention to detail less this ep)... Little Busters! Refrain Episode 9 was PERFECT.

It is now only a matter of time before
"MIRAI ZURA!

MIRAI ZURA YO, RUBY-CHAN!"

-Hanamaru Kunikida
Dec 1, 2013 8:22 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
BakaGekai said:
Excellent. Again.

Key doing a decent job for once.
Key doing their job was never in question, JC are the ones that'll make or break this :3
Dec 1, 2013 8:52 AM
Apr 2013
RavenWish said:
Some anime is only meant for those who have read the VN. I regret even starting to watch this
You're gonna have to be more specific by what you mean because the anime hasn't left anything out that would require you to need to read the VN.
Dec 1, 2013 9:36 AM

Mar 2013
julyan04 said:
eupseudes said:
Unspoiled anime-only viewer here.

Given the comments that are made in threads like this, I kind of wonder if LB is better experienced spoiled? After
, I've been paying a bit more attention to some of the possible double-meanings in certain scenes—and actually, some of the dialogue makes a lot more sense when cast in the other perspective (whereas in the surface narrative it seems stilted or melodramatic). But while I can almost visualize some of the immediate allusions, it's hard to visualize any sort of overarching thematic structure (all of the arcs in the first season actually make things pretty disorganized, whereas in Refrain there is a lot clearer continuity). But I imagine (and am assured by the posters here) that the hints are there; unfortunately, I am probably not going to rewatch season 1. Maybe a VN reader could kindly compile all of the foreshadowing that occurred after this whole shindig is done :)

Vladz0r has this compilation. He said he'll post it in these forums once the secret of the world is fully revealed.

Nice! I'll be waiting for that too.
Dec 1, 2013 11:33 AM

Oct 2012
Another good episode, I guess this is it, they hit the ball right and I have high hopes now.
(though Kengo's past and motivation was mostly omitted or rather unclear)

And with this shown, I guess everyone has his own theory by now.
http://i.imgur.com/aAypcjw.jpg
Mich666Dec 1, 2013 11:56 AM
Dec 1, 2013 11:58 AM
Jun 2013
Mich666 said:
Another good episode, I guess this is it, they hit the ball right and I have high hopes now.
(though Kengo's past and motivation was mostly omitted or rather unclear)

Nope. Kengo trained a lot while his friends were just fooling around during childhood and even adolescence. He regretted for some reason (I won't spoil anything here) and try to give back the time he lost. The peak of his regrets is that, even with all his hard work, Riki and Rin became stronger than him at the end and he felt that it was a waste of his precious time.
Dec 1, 2013 12:17 PM

Sep 2012
Mich666 said:
(though Kengo's past and motivation was mostly omitted oimor rather unclear)

This guy seemed to get something out of it.
http://www.lostinanime.com/2013/12/little-busters-refrain-09.html

Anyway, if you connect the meaning behind Kengo's talk with Kyousuke, and his words when he misses the swing at the end, you'll get it.
http://imgur.com/a/ucGSW
It's not hard to see the parallel between Kengo wasting his time training, and how it didn't help him fulfill his goal to protect Riki and Rin by his own means, even in the anime. It's a bit further solidified in episode 11, also.

It'll always be easier to understand on a 2nd watch of the series, or at least of the Refrain arc (since I doubt people really want to rewatch s1)
Dec 1, 2013 12:30 PM

Aug 2010
And the award to the worst music placement ever goes to..........
Little Busters Refrain! Good job, JC Staff.

Leaving that aside, nice episode, the end had me in tears ;_; Kengooo, you're definitely my favorite from the LB <'33!!
However, I'm still very disappointed by how they are rushing things, but it can't be helped I guess.
Now we are close to the best part of Refrain! Or should I say the sadder?
Dec 1, 2013 12:35 PM

Jul 2008
I still have no idea what the secret is ahhaa.
Dec 1, 2013 1:03 PM

Oct 2012
Vladz0r said:
Mich666 said:
(though Kengo's past and motivation was mostly omitted oimor rather unclear)

Anyway, if you connect the meaning behind Kengo's talk with Kyousuke, and his words when he misses the swing at the end, you'll get it.
It's not hard to see the parallel between Kengo wasting his time training, and how it didn't help him fulfill his goal to protect Riki and Rin by his own means, even in the anime. It's a bit further solidified in episode 11, also.
It'll always be easier to understand on a 2nd watch of the series, or at least of the Refrain arc (since I doubt people really want to rewatch s1)

I just thought that with so little info about Kengo's past in this episode it could be a little hard for anime only viewers to make this parallel about his motivations but guess I was wrong. And after whole series is out watching all 39 episodes in close succession could make it even easier for those late viewers.

And as few other people here I also believe that knowing or guessing the secret of the world really doesn't take any charm from this series - it's friendship and Riki's "growing-up" that really matters here as further emotions are based mainly on it.
Mich666Dec 1, 2013 1:10 PM
Dec 1, 2013 2:01 PM
Sep 2013
RavenWish said:
Some anime is only meant for those who have read the VN. I regret even starting to watch this

Wrong statement. For the time being a VN reader who only reached here (Episode Kengo) didn't get the clear secret of the world thing and the huge emotion impact as well. VN readers went through it, why you're not? Simply because you don't have patience or this kind of works don't suit you.
Dec 1, 2013 2:15 PM

Nov 2012
Kengo's hand isn't broken,was never broken to begin with.

"What awaits you is darkness."

One little trip and Riki got so hurt XD.
(Ouch Riki's arm.)

I don't play baseball but I'm pretty sure Riki would have been out after all those fouls.

Kengo set on protecting them.

Home run,strike out.Kengo back in the Little Busters.

"Let me cry a little longer."
http://25.media.tumblr.com/6be5f5fc85b79e6984295deb42b4244f/tumblr_mx4d116HlV1rtckf3o1_400.gif
Ohh god Kengo crying ;.;.Best part of the episode was from the point "Song of friends" started onwards.
Dec 1, 2013 3:39 PM

Aug 2013
VanishingKira said:

I don't play baseball but I'm pretty sure Riki would have been out after all those fouls.

Actually you cant strike out on a foul ball
Dec 1, 2013 6:29 PM

Oct 2013
was a good episode, key are doing a execellent job atm, refrain is so far better that the first season :)
Dec 1, 2013 8:03 PM

Nov 2010
I was really liking this season until this dumb "reset everything but make Riki the cool guy" arc. I'm sorry but i just can't get into this. I hope it has a good conclusion to make up for this wasted time.
Dec 1, 2013 9:38 PM
Sep 2013
Hokuto_no_Fuzz said:
I was really liking this season until this dumb "reset everything but make Riki the cool guy" arc. I'm sorry but i just can't get into this. I hope it has a good conclusion to make up for this wasted time.

LOL It's not dumb. It is worth it.
Dec 1, 2013 9:53 PM

Sep 2012
Nah, the show isn't just "wasting its time" by establishing the themes of the story.
Hopefully if you pay attention to the next episode, you'll get the point of episodes 7-9, because I guess having it not explicitly laid out isn't good enough.
As it's been said quite a few times here, Riki helping each of the Little Busters and overcoming their struggles is an integral part of the story. The 5 other girls have already been helped and have had their problems resolved, and now we're down to the last 3.

But meh, if people don't follow the underlying plot and pay attention to the dialogue, there's no point trying to argue that there's development in this story.

The fact that someone like this guy can write so much about the episode more than proves the substance that it as, but I guess with the budget and quick pacing that Little Busters has, people aren't given enough time to think about it with a single watch, and people won't rewatch the episode.
Vladz0rDec 1, 2013 10:06 PM
Dec 1, 2013 9:57 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Tears,
Dec 1, 2013 11:10 PM

Oct 2013
Vladz0r said:

I just read what that guy has to say. Pretty awesome thinking. I also found out things I didn't before.
Dec 1, 2013 11:15 PM

Sep 2012
Refrain shouldn't be taken face value, and I honestly feel that if it's not given a rewatch, or re-read if you're reading the VN, there's a lot of lost potential in the story.
Most of the development lies in the underlying story and character development and its relevance to the Secret of the World and its impact.
I hope the events that are more straightforward are still satisfying for people, though.

I don't know if people would be highly "entertained" by Refrain, but the feelings of intrigue and realization when I find out new things and parallels to themes and ideas at different points in the story are wt make Refrain enjoyable for me, along with its climactic events.
Dec 2, 2013 12:51 AM

May 2012
VanishingKira said:

You sure don't play Baseball.
Dec 2, 2013 1:19 AM

Apr 2012
-Riptide- said:
Vladz0r said:

I just read what that guy has to say. Pretty awesome thinking. I also found out things I didn't before.

It is really rare to see someone paying attention to the details and it is truly heartwarming to see this long review :D

Mod Edit: quote of deleted post removed.
ThangLongDec 2, 2013 8:57 AM
@inuvivo on twitter!
Dec 2, 2013 1:51 AM

Nov 2012
kengo has back to the team! XD
yey yeah.
wait whats with the end? so kyousuke will start from the beginning again? :(
really close to the end guys
Dec 2, 2013 2:51 AM
Sep 2013
xMaebaraK1x said:

-Riptide- said:
Vladz0r said:

It is really rare to see someone paying attention to the details and it is truly heartwarming to see this long review :D

Sorry for my aggressive attitude, man. -3-

And yes, it's rare we still have these great conscientious reviews nowadays. Good to see that. :P

Mod Edit: quote of deleted post removed.
ThangLongDec 2, 2013 8:58 AM
Dec 2, 2013 4:30 AM

Apr 2012
Can anybody tell me what is the name of the song that was used this episode and the previous episodes?
Dec 2, 2013 4:38 AM
Jun 2013
RedgraveGilver said:
Can anybody tell me what is the name of the song that was used this episode and the previous episodes?

Song for Friends.
Dec 2, 2013 4:45 AM

May 2010
All the girls... :/ So now everything makes sense. Loved how Rin pitched instead. I felt that the episode was rushed a bit at places, esp. Kengo's dialogues seemed ordinary at few places. But the end was just right in the feels.

Why is Natsume so beat up at end? End of world gives me chills... I am a bit spoiled about refrain but only a bit, can't wait for it

That end, gave me so many feels

Mod Edit: double post merged.
ThangLongDec 2, 2013 8:55 AM
Dec 2, 2013 5:42 AM

Nov 2010
JimRaynor said:
Hokuto_no_Fuzz said:

Im just not a fan of resets, amnesia, etc. It feels like no progress is being made, therefore, wasting my time. Just my opinion.
Hokuto_no_FuzzDec 2, 2013 5:52 AM
Dec 2, 2013 5:48 AM

Dec 2012
:D I approve.
4/5.

I feel like the episodes, although a bit crammed, are getting better and better.
Unless I'm just blinded by my hopes.

That ending just hyped up the next episode big time for me though.
BRING IT JC.
It's time to take off the gloves.
Put your big boy pants on.
And lets see you unleash your true potential!!! >:O!!!!!!
Dec 2, 2013 6:00 AM

Sep 2011
Hokuto_no_Fuzz said:
JimRaynor said:
Hokuto_no_Fuzz said:

Im just not a fan of resets, amnesia, etc. It feels like no progress is being made, therefore, wasting my time. Just my opinion.
Well, I'd say progress has been carried forward if you compare episode 1 of season 1 to episode 7... As Kengo points out, not everything can be fully reset, their character growth do carry forward (or Rin wouldn't be suffering from her trauma either), and restarting from a clean slate does remove some of the assumptions Riki had that may have been misguided.
"Now's the time for you to run towards the day you awaken from this dream."

~Boys be Smile
Dec 2, 2013 6:52 AM

Nov 2010
Vladz0r said:

It's written by Guardian Enzo, one of Random Curiosity's contributor (including for LB!) and one of my personal favorite blogger.

(Further comments in spoiler tag in case of somewhat OOT)

In the end, I recommend anyone to see his weekly review (and his past reviews, if you haven't). Should give you another perspective that coming from matured anime-only viewers.
Dec 2, 2013 7:47 AM

Apr 2010
This was a better episode then last week figured it would be about Kengo judging from last week, which was all all about Masato.
This episode also showed that they where going around in circles like a time loop only with elements missing and changing each time, and if i understand things right they are trying to break the time loop.
Or at least that's what it appears like.

And it seems that Kengo, Masato and Kyousuke know what's going on.
still why did the others disappear and more importantly why do Riki and Rin remember them and not past events?
Dec 2, 2013 8:05 AM

May 2012
Aversa said:
This was a better episode then last week figured it would be about Kengo judging from last week, which was all all about Masato.
This episode also showed that they where going around in circles like a time loop only with elements missing and changing each time, and if i understand things right they are trying to break the time loop.
Or at least that's what it appears like.

still why did the others disappear and more importantly why do Riki and Rin remember them and not past events?

Small fun fact to get you thinking when Riki hit the home run Kengo said " does this mean it is not possible to reset everything, after all?"
In this Reset its Riki/ Rin first time playing a real game so Kengo stated that "This isn't even a contest" but to his surprise not everything resets like its suppose to reset. from Riki/Rin memory to Rin/Riki strength though it may be vague at times.
planetarianDec 2, 2013 8:10 AM
Dec 2, 2013 9:03 AM

Dec 2012
Thread cleaned

Trolling comments removed. Quotes of deleted post removed. Double post merged. Quote tower modified.
Dec 2, 2013 11:31 AM

Oct 2011
AnimeFan500 said:

Theory/Speculations

Dec 2, 2013 12:49 PM

Nov 2010
AnimeFan500 said:
AnimeFan500 said:

Theory/Speculations

I haven't read refrain and haven't spoiled myself, but I'm sure you missed some important clues here... (non-spoiler hint below, but they could be too helpful so read at your own risk)

Hope that helps.
Dec 2, 2013 2:12 PM

Jun 2011
That episode was pure awesomeness :D Dem feels ^^

I'm still really confused about this whole "alternative world" thing and what they mean with the secret of the world, but I'm finally starting to get a hang of things, little by little :) I kinda like the mysterious feeling of this story, I expect lots of more feels coming up by the end (in a good and a bad way)
Dec 2, 2013 4:39 PM

Sep 2012
Aversa said:

Plot holes in the anime, pretty much. (OR vague memory flashes, like what Riki had throughout s1 and in Kurugaya's route.)
Riki's promise to become stronger was done differently in the VN, and it made more sense that he remembered that.
Rin didn't have this vague memory of everyone cheering her on to pitch.
It was added for a bit of dramatic effect, and to keep the outer story pertinent to the entire Little Busters, while the plot events focus on the development of the main 5.
Vladz0rDec 2, 2013 7:05 PM
Dec 2, 2013 6:44 PM

Sep 2012
zeroyuki92 said:
AnimeFan500 said:
AnimeFan500 said:

Theory/Speculations

I haven't read refrain and haven't spoiled myself, but I'm sure you missed some important clues here... (non-spoiler hint below, but they could be too helpful so read at your own risk)

Hope that helps.

Now its posts like these that make lurking the discussions worth it.
Dec 2, 2013 7:02 PM

Sep 2012
Can't wait to unleash my foreshadowing gallery to the anime viewers <3
I'll have to go through some episodes again some time in the next 2 weeks to add things I might've missed.
Dec 2, 2013 10:23 PM

Jun 2012
Aren't there normally around 15 or 20 pages of comments? What happened? No one here made a post "I THINK I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON!!" either?!

I am disappointed in you all. Next episode should be good. I don't remember much about how long Episode: Kyousuke was but since
here I imagine that people will need their tissue boxes.

As for this episode (didn't comment on it having seen it yet) it was alright. Hearing Song for Friends again was more annoying and less fitting, and this episode was pretty flat to me in terms of emotion. I never liked Kengo's route in the VN (just didn't like it) and here I didn't see anything even remotely sad. I feel Masato's is better.

I can't wait for everyone to see the next episode, pretty sure some big things will happen (depending on how they do it as I forget how things go in the VN). Nonetheless, this coming Saturday will be a good night.
Dec 2, 2013 11:08 PM

May 2012
KeyIsLove said:
Aren't there normally around 15 or 20 pages of comments? What happened? No one here made a post "I THINK I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON!!" either?!

I am disappointed in you all. Next episode should be good. I don't remember much about how long Episode: Kyousuke was but since

As for this episode (didn't comment on it having seen it yet) it was alright. Hearing Song for Friends again was more annoying and less fitting, and this episode was pretty flat to me in terms of emotion. I never liked Kengo's route in the VN (just didn't like it) and here I didn't see anything even remotely sad. I feel Masato's is better.

I can't wait for everyone to see the next episode, pretty sure some big things will happen (depending on how they do it as I forget how things go in the VN). Nonetheless, this coming Saturday will be a good night.

From a level of 1-10 how drunk are you? Because I did not understand????
Dec 3, 2013 4:53 AM

Aug 2012
KeyIsLove said:

Take a look at the previous episode discussion forums and see for yourself why it lacked the pages you seemed to expect.

Well, if you're too lazy to browse them, here, I'll tell you.

Majority of the posts on the previous forums were from the VN players like me and you. Due to some circumstances, we were "banned".. nope.. that's not the right word..There were complaints here and there that we are overhyping and spoiling and ruining these forums. For that reason, we retreated back to the VN discussion forum to talk among ourselves how much we love or hate the episode.

That way, even our unintentional spoiling of the story to the anime-viewers would be avoided. Cheers.
Dec 3, 2013 6:38 AM

Jul 2013
I loved the episode,sadly,there was no
~
But still,this is a very good episode,still,Masato was the best for me so far,but I guess I will change my mind on the incoming episode.
Dec 3, 2013 3:52 PM

Oct 2011
egnaro315 said:
zeroyuki92 said:
AnimeFan500 said:
AnimeFan500 said:

Theory/Speculations

Hope that helps.

Now its posts like these that make lurking the discussions worth it.

Another Speculations

Dec 3, 2013 4:48 PM

Sep 2012
AnimeFan500 said:

Dec 3, 2013 5:21 PM

Oct 2011
Vladz0r said:

Dec 3, 2013 11:17 PM

Sep 2012
AnimeFan500 said:
Vladz0r said:

At least you're one of the few people that pay attention to the details. I applaud your effort :3
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

538 by PepegasLand »»
Apr 19, 12:46 PM

» Is it likely Little Busters Refrain will reach top 5 in MAL? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Oct 3, 2013

308 by polarbeararmy »»
Apr 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

391 by Remurst »»
Apr 9, 2:48 AM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.