Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 30, 2013 12:46 PM

Oct 2011
T___________T OMG Kengo. This and Masato episode brought me to tears.

Theory

Nov 30, 2013 12:58 PM

Dec 2011
Yes. Best fucking episode <3

I almost in tears especially the part in Song for friends when Rita sing the "LA LA LAAAAAA LA LA LAA" thing ;______;

Anyways, Kengo VA is just awesome. He did a really great job in this epsiode.

BunnerzNov 30, 2013 1:03 PM
Nov 30, 2013 1:00 PM
Sep 2013
AnimeFan500 said:
T___________T OMG Kengo. This and Masato episode brought me to tears.

Theory

You brought a very interesting point I kinda love it! It is so sad if this is real too!

Please look forward to next episode. For now every theory could be possible!
Nov 30, 2013 1:12 PM

Sep 2010
Emotional episode.
Whoaaa, Kyousuke at the end.. Wondering if the secret of the world is very close now (I want to finally know >_<).. I hope it's not 'Okay here's the secret bammmm the end'. :/
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..
Nov 30, 2013 1:18 PM

Jan 2010
No words for this episode. J.C. Staff has to be applauded. Episode far more exciting if the previous one was weak compared to the adaptation of the visual novel, this was even better, Kengo is one of the characters that I like, sorry that that ending was kinda ... Jeez, do not need as many tips, the impact at the climax will lose the effect. Apart from that I have nothing to complain about, only that I cried with the final minutes, Song For Friends very well placed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Nov 30, 2013 1:21 PM
Sep 2013
Laciie said:
Wow. First episode in both seasons that made me cry. I'm not even kidding, this episode hit me hard. I should seriously play the VN someday.

blu3cru5ad3r said:
OMG. This is so damn good. First, it was a first episode in entire LB! that makes me cry. An emotional episode. Glad that this series is getting better and better. Thanks JC!!

but, that scene in the end @@

Rewatch the whole show right after Refrain is ended. You'll find tons of hints in both Season1 and earlier Season2 which can make you cry too. :)
Nov 30, 2013 1:35 PM

Aug 2012
That was a really good episode. The whole sequence with Faraway was great, in just a couple of shots it felt like everyone's character was really fleshed out and given depth. The Song for Friends bit was really good too though.

It's starting to come together for me with all the hints, but not in a way I can put into words just yet lol. From what I can tell I'm going to absolutely love the secret when fully revealed though.
Nov 30, 2013 1:54 PM

Sep 2012
JimRaynor said:

Rewatch the whole show right after Refrain is ended. You'll find tons of hints in both Season1 and earlier Season2 which can make you cry too. :)

I'll upload my imgur gallery with like 250 hints on the Secret of the World in a few episodes, right onto the front page of the episode discussion~
Nov 30, 2013 1:56 PM

Oct 2011
All those feels! ;_;
I thought it was a very good episode! Baseball match was great; Riki is finally stepping into Kyousuke's shoes. :'D

And wow,so many hints and foreshadowing! Especially with Kyousuke & the ripples at the end! :O

Next episode is going to be one of my favorite parts of the VN. ;_; Keep it up, JC!!
Nov 30, 2013 2:20 PM

Dec 2007
That was really good! and very emotional looking forward to how this will all end. ^_^
Nov 30, 2013 2:22 PM

Aug 2008
I'm probably the only one who thought the anime of Kengo's route is better than the VN Kengo's route... anyways, great episode. I could really feel Kengo's feelings of regret.

We're getting closer to the finale here!

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 30, 2013 2:45 PM

May 2012
Great episode!

The build up is seriously starting to send shivers down my spine. I have this weird ominous feeling everytime an episode ends...

oh the feels......
Nov 30, 2013 2:52 PM

Aug 2010
Hell yeah, Kengo! Best male character in the entire series.A good episode, what the hell JC Staff? Someone actually worked? 4/5.
Nov 30, 2013 3:46 PM
Sep 2013
guyklc said:
I'm probably the only one who thought the anime of Kengo's route is better than the VN Kengo's route... anyways, great episode. I could really feel Kengo's feelings of regret.

No, you're not the only one. ;P
Nov 30, 2013 3:59 PM

Sep 2012
I felt more emotion in the anime, though some of it was still a bit awkward in the beginning, and I wish it was better animated. The way they do baseball scenes is always weird, since they don't have the budget to animate a scene completely.
Nov 30, 2013 4:01 PM

Sep 2012
JimRaynor said:
guyklc said:

No, you're not the only one. ;P

Yup, I also thought it was better done in the anime for some reason, even though I essentially hated the other episodes of this season. This episode was brilliantly executed.
Nov 30, 2013 4:04 PM
Feb 2013
Probably the best thing to come from this series is rin's extended character development. That was one of the few things I though the VN really needed. This episode illistrartes that quite well. Again though like with masato's episode things were short and rushed. It felt less rushed because of how kengo's route is made but it was still more rushed than I'd like. The quality of the episode with that aside was decent But there were definitely a few things missing to fully give you kengo's true motivations. One of my favorite things about lb! As a story is the internal power struggle between kengo and kyouske as well as masatos agenda and how everything plays out between them. By removing some of the scenes that they removed they watered down kengos motive a bit to much for my liking. They also don't make it seem like Riki's motivation is to get to "the world where something happened", it seems like Riki really just wants to save kyouske and his friends much more so then in the original source. This could turn out good or bad depending on how the next few episodes play out. BTW, love the final scene.
Nov 30, 2013 4:32 PM

Jan 2011
very well done episode overall music placement was decent to!

there were a few noticeable Scenes they foreshadowing wonder if anime only caught them

...man we are so close holdin ma manly tears till the end.
Nov 30, 2013 4:32 PM
Apr 2013
Really awesome episode, but honestly they're overusing Song for Friends. It was supposed to be used two times. Just two. At the end of Kurugaya's arc and at the end of Refrain. It's losing it's emotional impact.
Nov 30, 2013 4:38 PM

Sep 2011
Always loved Kengos route, and I'm glad they did this route so well. Felt more emotion in this episode than I have for almost the whole series. Though, they're overusing Song for Friends way too much.

Dat foreshadowing with Kyousuke at the end<3.
TyrelNov 30, 2013 4:42 PM
Nov 30, 2013 5:45 PM

Jul 2009
meh. lol
feels like i was just watching last week's episode but with a diff guy
so far refrain isnt living up to the hype. hopefully the conclusion will blow me away..
i think the problem with little busters vs clannad is that in clannad, the chars were actually relatable/enjoyable to watch. the cast here.. are less likeable - not because they're bad but because they're not that great.
Nov 30, 2013 6:05 PM

May 2012
Kurogashi said:
meh. lol
so far refrain isnt living up to the hype. hopefully the conclusion will blow me away..
i think the problem with little busters vs clannad is that in clannad, the chars were actually relatable/enjoyable to watch. the cast here.. are less likeable - not because they're bad but because they're not that great.

Which girl in clannad could you relate the most to? Kotomi the book worm? Fuko the mentally challenged? Tomoyo the delinquent ? Nagisa the sick? Or Kyou the bully?
Nov 30, 2013 6:10 PM

Sep 2012
planetarian said:

Which girl in clannad could you relate the most to? Kotomi the book worm? Fuko the mentally challenged? Tomoyo the delinquent ? Nagisa the sick? Or Kyou the bully?

Nah dude, Misae with her unfulfilled promised, Sunohara the oblivious delinquent (Nagisa?!), and Mei the crybaby little sister.

Anyway, they're not presented quite as well as they were in the VN. Maybe the conclusion will blow you away, but the main 5 LBs weren't made to be that memorable from the beginning compared to the VN, and all their episodes were pretty rushed so far.
Nov 30, 2013 6:12 PM

Sep 2012
Kurogashi said:
meh. lol

I also prefered the Clannad cast of characters, but I have to admit I really like Kyousuke alot. Also, the reason why Refrain isn´t "living up to the hype" has to do with the fact that this is an adaptation, and I find the visual novel to be better. It had way more buildup for stuff, and don´t forget the main parts of Refrain are still unaired! Look forward to the next episodes, being a VN player I can say that Refrain DOES live to its hype as a VN, its one of the best routes I´ve ever read, and for all the good reasons.
Nov 30, 2013 6:17 PM

Jul 2009
cause kyou and tomoyo are kawaii while rin and cast are not. except for that piano girl who i already forgot her name.
and tomoya growing up in after story. how can you not like him after all he's been through. and ushio? cmon bro. btw never really liked fuko, nagisa and kotomi. so, yeahhhh.

kyousuke is not bad, ill give you that. but until i find out the whole secret/mystery, it's holding back my feelings for kyousuke. luuul.

rin/riki better be dead and kyousuke better be using some godlike powers to buy time for them to have fun. now THAT would be a conclusion.
Nov 30, 2013 6:21 PM

Sep 2012
Kurogashi said:
cause kyou and tomoyo are kawaii while rin and cast are not. except for that piano girl who i already forgot her name.
and tomoya growing up in after story. how can you not like him after all he's been through. and ushio? cmon bro. btw never really liked fuko, nagisa and kotomi. so, yeahhhh.

kyousuke is not bad, ill give you that. but until i find out the whole secret/mystery, it's holding back my feelings for kyousuke. luuul.

rin/riki better be dead and kyousuke better be using some godlike powers to buy time for them to have fun. now THAT would be a conclusion.

Sure, you liked Clannad´s cast better but you don´t like the main heroine... the one Afterstory is all about... Also, cute = good? Maybe in your world.

If you expect that kind of conclusion, than just drop the anime. Just do.
Nov 30, 2013 6:46 PM

Jul 2009
i feel like i would get trolled if i came up with a proper explanation on why i prefer those 2 girls than any of the ones in little busters. so, ill save myself the trouble and say...

baka baka, hontoni baka.
blehhh :P

p.s.
i might not have liked nagisa as a person but i do like what she brought to the story, which is a setup for the character tomoya, living one of the greatest lives in animu history.
Nov 30, 2013 6:56 PM

Jun 2012
I'm a tad surprised none of the anime-only viewers have figured everything out (without looking it up), but alas the main subbing groups haven't released the episode yet either. Hopefully some people will figure it out.

Nonetheless, great episode. They're doing just fine regarding spoilers, I mean... a series can't spoil itself x-x
Nov 30, 2013 6:59 PM

Sep 2012
Kurogashi said:
i feel like i would get trolled if i came up with a proper explanation on why i prefer those 2 girls than any of the ones in little busters. so, ill save myself the trouble and say...

baka baka, hontoni baka.
blehhh :P

p.s.
i might not have liked nagisa as a person but i do like what she brought to the story, which is a setup for the character tomoya, living one of the greatest lives in animu history.

Better nerf Irelia. I won´t even comment on what you said, since you didn´t even give any arguments.

FOr someone who likes Clannad´s cast as much as you, you don´t seem to like a whole lot of characters in Clannad though :/
Nov 30, 2013 7:00 PM

May 2011
I loved this episode it has been great so far. Kengo's tears demostrated that everyone is vulnerable for anything. I did not cry but it left me with a smile.

I am still asking me why Kyousuke became a hikkikomori but well 4 more episodes and it's finished.
Nov 30, 2013 7:24 PM

Aug 2013
THE FORESHADOWING! omg that last scene with kyousuke punched me in the face with feels... all the anime only viewers are gonna scream soon...
Nov 30, 2013 7:27 PM

May 2011
"Now, It's time... again."

As a Little Buster, to put it simply, I have mixed feelings on the episode, especially the build-up. However, the conclusion was definitely handled nicely and Kengo's tears/confession felt just as real as the VN. Some minor changes were understandable.
Nov 30, 2013 7:28 PM
Sep 2013
masterfxx1 said:
Kurogashi said:
meh. lol

I also prefered the Clannad cast of characters, but I have to admit I really like Kyousuke alot. Also, the reason why Refrain isn´t "living up to the hype" has to do with the fact that this is an adaptation, and I find the visual novel to be better. It had way more buildup for stuff, and don´t forget the main parts of Refrain are still unaired! Look forward to the next episodes, being a VN player I can say that Refrain DOES live to its hype as a VN, its one of the best routes I´ve ever read, and for all the good reasons.

Same applies to all others Key anime adaption. VNs are always the best.
Nov 30, 2013 7:30 PM

Sep 2012
JimRaynor said:
masterfxx1 said:
Kurogashi said:
meh. lol

Same applies to all others Key anime adaption. VNs are always the best.

There it is, someone in these foruns who knows what he´s saying! Yep, its rare for an anime to convey the feels of a VN, LB is a fine example, though this episode was pretty good.
Nov 30, 2013 7:43 PM
Sep 2013
^ I'd say JC staff did a very good job on both LB season 1 and 2. The pacing is intense or compact and good. Someone say rushed instead. But I care less about it coz this is anime not novels. I'm sure lots of people here didn't play Kanon/AIR/Clannad VN first before watching the anime adaption. If they did, they'll probably did the same thing in this forum complaining about this and that.

Mod Edit: Trolling removed. Quote tower fixed.
ThangLongDec 2, 2013 9:01 AM
Nov 30, 2013 7:48 PM

Sep 2012
JimRaynor said:
I'd say JC staff did a very good job on both LB season 1 and 2. The pacing is intense or compact and good. Someone say rushed instead. But I care less about it coz this is anime not novels. I'm sure lots of people here didn't play Kanon/AIR/Clannad VN first before watching the anime adaption. If they did, they'll probably did the same thing in this forum complaining about this and that.

And BTW, you can just ignore Kurogashi, he just doesn't know nothing about what true gems within Key's works and only care about cute girls he likes. Like regular disgusting nerd.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, I only started playing Key VNs recently, and I find most of the VNs surpass the anime adaptation. IDK, there´s something about Vns that makes them so fun to play. Might have to do with the character attachment you get for spending many hours playing it.

Yeah, even though I think the adaptation could have been much better, had people played the Clannad VN back in the day, they would have complained about the anime at the time aswell. I guess we just have our standards too high, and we´re just too biased for having played the VN.

Mod Edit: quote tower fixed.
ThangLongDec 2, 2013 9:02 AM
Nov 30, 2013 8:23 PM

Nov 2011
Geez people use the spoiler tap not just the word spoiler for god sakes! and also DON'T POST ANY SPOILERS HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

This episode was awesome, not rushed, excelent story, well done pacing and the ending left me wanting so much more.
So happy with this :D
Nov 30, 2013 8:42 PM

Dec 2012
Nothing to complain about. Good episode. I find it better than the last two, but well done.

This is how it all begins.

My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
Nov 30, 2013 9:06 PM

Sep 2011
KeyIsLove said:
I'm a tad surprised none of the anime-only viewers have figured everything out (without looking it up), but alas the main subbing groups haven't released the episode yet either. Hopefully some people will figure it out.

Nonetheless, great episode. They're doing just fine regarding spoilers, I mean... a series can't spoil itself x-x

Most people watch from HorribleSubs which is already out. Hell, Refrain/FFF subs only get about a combined total of 7k downloads.
Nov 30, 2013 9:21 PM

Jun 2013
That was an awesome episode. That baseball match was so intense. I really love how they highlighted how the ball moved on that last pitch.
Nov 30, 2013 9:54 PM

Oct 2013
Pretty decent episode. I love how they showed Kengo's perspective and he's internal struggle against Kyousuke. They left out a lot of scenes its great overall. Kengo wanting to play more made me tear up.
Song for Friends is starting to get boring to listen to. They can't just play it every character arc ends. It will lose the impact when its played at its dedicated scene.
That Kyousuke at the end. Can't wait for next week.
Nov 30, 2013 10:39 PM

Aug 2010
Kengo.. I could pretty emotional near the end. My major problem is that I wish more episodes could be spent on each character but in the end they decided on only having 13 episodes for this anime. They did a good job for one episode. Found it to be better adapted than Masatos episode was and most likely the best they did in the refrain arc so far.
Nov 30, 2013 10:50 PM

Nov 2010
KeyIsLove said:

Not really, I think a lot of people have figured it out, at least a portion of it (but there's no "speculation thread" so we can't discuss that anywhere).

(Below paragraph didn't contain any spoiler or direct theory, but probably could hint people to guess things so I spoiler it just to be safe:)
Nov 30, 2013 10:58 PM

Apr 2012
I kind of like this episode! At least it is much better than the previous one.
Too bad they do not have enough time to adapt the Lourence scene... I loved that scene and that is pretty much the last scene worth smiling before the real stuff begins.
So they are pretty much using SFF for the ED of RF episodes. I wonder if it will still have the impact later on since it still has to be played once more.
iNeon said:
Geez people use the spoiler tap not just the word spoiler for god sakes! and also DON'T POST ANY SPOILERS HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

This episode was awesome, not rushed, excelent story, well done pacing and the ending left me wanting so much more.
So happy with this :D

For my case I only asked someone if they showed the last scene this early in the VN cause I am not sure about it. Not really spoiling but just in case I put it in a spoiler tag. Still, it will be better to discuss that in the VN thread though.
@inuvivo on twitter!
Nov 30, 2013 11:02 PM

Jan 2013
I loved the ending, I almost teared up. Great soundtrack.
Nov 30, 2013 11:04 PM
Apr 2013
That was damn well adapted. And JC Staff continues to improve Rin's character to an astonishing degree. Never thought someone would be able to do it this well.
Dec 1, 2013 2:12 AM
Dec 2012
Unspoiled anime-only viewer here.

Given the comments that are made in threads like this, I kind of wonder if LB is better experienced spoiled? After
, I've been paying a bit more attention to some of the possible double-meanings in certain scenes—and actually, some of the dialogue makes a lot more sense when cast in the other perspective (whereas in the surface narrative it seems stilted or melodramatic). But while I can almost visualize some of the immediate allusions, it's hard to visualize any sort of overarching thematic structure (all of the arcs in the first season actually make things pretty disorganized, whereas in Refrain there is a lot clearer continuity). But I imagine (and am assured by the posters here) that the hints are there; unfortunately, I am probably not going to rewatch season 1. Maybe a VN reader could kindly compile all of the foreshadowing that occurred after this whole shindig is done :)
Dec 1, 2013 3:57 AM

Nov 2013
They may left out some things but love I love this episode. Nice home run Riki XD.

That soundtrack during the baseball match makes me tear up.That last scene!!
I know what next week is gonna be XD.
"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate... Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are... Death awaits you."
—Nyx Avatar, Persona 3
Dec 1, 2013 5:17 AM
Jun 2013
I re-watched it and I actually changed my mind. This episode is the best one so far (I previously said I prefered Masato's), not by much since last week's was great also.

The animation was pretty good, I have no complaints about the OST either (even if I'm a bit worried that Song for Friends could lack an impact later, but we'll see). The crying Kengo's scene wasn't as good as it was in the VN to me, but not by far. Otherwise the characters were far better in this episode than in the VN. Too bad we didn't see much of Kengo's past though, but it was enough to convey the feels so I'm okay with that. Il also like the foreshadowings after all.

To sum up, great episode and the best so far. I higher up my expectations for last week.
Dec 1, 2013 5:20 AM
Nov 2013
Some anime is only meant for those who have read the VN. I regret even starting to watch this
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

538 by PepegasLand »»
Apr 19, 12:46 PM

» Is it likely Little Busters Refrain will reach top 5 in MAL? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Oct 3, 2013

308 by polarbeararmy »»
Apr 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

391 by Remurst »»
Apr 9, 2:48 AM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.