Forum Settings
Forums
Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 29, 2013 5:15 PM

Feb 2010
I have two observation questions. First of all, was Ame's Master a fox? It seemed more like a fox then a wolf. Secondly, why do you think Ame's eyes turned red when he was fighting Yuki?

Just some thoughts.

Also, that ending. I am not a fan of it. So, shes now 32 and both of her kids are gone. What is there for her now? Move back to the city and start over? I understand Ame wanted to be a wolf, but that makes no sense that he would just leave like that, hes only 10. Hes practically still a baby.
SvanireNov 29, 2013 10:13 PM
Nov 30, 2013 6:40 PM

Feb 2009
Yes, the Master was a fox. It was stated earlier in the film how wolves went extinct multiple times (Ookami being the last and passing the blood on to Ame and Yuki) and he is definitely very fox-like in appearance.

Still a baby as a person, but as a wolf he isn't. Even in wolf form he looks like an adult male. The whole message of the movie was allowing people to follow their own path. I find it very sad that Hana is alone in the end as well, but she does have friends still in the village, so she's not completely on her own. Many mothers in reality end up the same way.
Nov 30, 2013 7:08 PM

Feb 2010
Kipcha said:
Yes, the Master was a fox. It was stated earlier in the film how wolves went extinct multiple times (Ookami being the last and passing the blood on to Ame and Yuki) and he is definitely very fox-like in appearance.

Still a baby as a person, but as a wolf he isn't. Even in wolf form he looks like an adult male. The whole message of the movie was allowing people to follow their own path. I find it very sad that Hana is alone in the end as well, but she does have friends still in the village, so she's not completely on her own. Many mothers in reality end up the same way.

I agree that mothers end up that way, but not only 9 years after giving birth! At only 32 shes considerably still young, and getting married and having more kids realistically wouldn't be out of the picture.

What do you think about Ames eyes being red?
Apr 27, 2014 11:05 PM
Nov 2012
Svanire said:
What do you think about Ames eyes being red?

I just finished watching this for the first time. It was a wonderful movie.

As for Ame's eyes being red, I think it was just a visual representation of him being different from Yuki and Hana. By that point in the movie Yuki had already begun to choose her path to live as a human and Ame had begun to choose his path to live as a wolf. The red eyes just showed that he had completely embraced his choice and was, for lack of a better word, wild.
Apr 27, 2014 11:15 PM

Sep 2013
Im not a fan of the ending too, actually I thought it was stupid.

as for the red eyes, they made it like that cuz it looks fiercer and scarier. That's the only explanation to it.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Apr 28, 2014 11:34 AM
Apr 2009
I thought the red eyes represented his more feral nature.
Kind of like a blood lust & that was the indication that he had chosen to live life as a wolf.
May 13, 2014 1:07 PM
Jan 2014
And here I thought you were talking about my or anybody's red eyes after watching the movie...
May 30, 2014 12:14 PM
May 2012
It would have been bad if Ame became a killer, because that red eyes looks like it will kill someone. Good thing that it didn't happen ahahaha.
Aug 30, 2014 1:36 AM

Jan 2012
looked to me like he wanted to bang both his mom and his sister

not gonna lie, I did get a semi-chub from that scene

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

gtr06 - Jul 24, 2012

420 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 13, 4:07 PM

» I hate ame

luksthefool - Mar 19

10 by Davoo »»
Mar 20, 1:37 PM

Poll: » what do you think of the end & Ame`s action ? ( 1 2 )

KaGi-13 - Apr 21, 2013

92 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:58 AM

» Ame is loved that much?! really?!

aku_mado - Jul 3, 2022

20 by MichaelJackson »»
May 4, 2023 2:36 AM

» This anime is really weird

AunixHOT - Oct 8, 2021

33 by aku_mado »»
Jul 3, 2022 10:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.