Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 29, 2013 7:04 AM

Aug 2013
VolunteerDeputy said:
Terminated said:

Yes I know and that's what a lot of people do but because of that there's no variety
in the game everybody is using the same motherfucking shit what's the point of even having other weapons in the game then?

To appeal to people that like using different weapons? You can still do exceptionally well with shitty guns, you just have to be good at the game. You won't see any decent Halo player using the Assault Rifle, but it's there as an option.

Even if you are good at the game people using OP weapons have an extremely unfair advantage over others if they actually want to appeal to people that like using different weapons then they should balance the weapon system.

VolunteerDeputy said:
Terminated said:
If you actually read what I fucking wrote you thick headed piece of shit then you'd know that I thought that this was a matter of personal opinion and could differ from person to person.

http://i.imgur.com/xufbDXz.gif

There's a lot of misplaced aggression in your post. Guess I can dismiss you as being one of the many 12 year olds that will hack me and fuck my mom, right? This entire conversation is based around the opinion that people don't like CoD, I'm addressing your complaints with questions of my own. There's nothing wrong with that, mate. Not sure why you're angry lol.

I'm not angry, guess you really can't tell over the internet.I'm not saying there's anything wrong with what you did, maybe calling me a "goofy motherfucker" for a post that was completely valid had something to do with what I wrote. And please for the love of god don't dismiss me as a 12 year old who says he's gonna hack you and fuck your mom I absolutely despise those kind of people lol.
Kneel Before Evangeline Mcdowell the #1 the ultimate the Original Vampire loli
Vampire Loli Master Race Represent
Aaj Karenge Jhashn

Polychrome | 3 hours ago
oreimo > evangelion.

Crazy_Cofee_Cat said:
Well,I love both lolis and shotas so technically it makes me pedo.

Nov 29, 2013 7:10 AM

Oct 2013
You know what? You're right.
Nov 29, 2013 7:15 AM

Jul 2012
Dawww...that's so cute, boys. Kissing and making up and spreading the love.
Nov 29, 2013 9:49 AM

May 2013
That is because every year, they add a few map packs, add a few guns, and sell it for £40 like it's a completely new game. In no way is COD a bad game, but they pretty much just milk the franchise here, just like Nintendo do with Mario. It is even worse than the sports games that come out every year.
Nov 29, 2013 10:00 AM

Aug 2012
Dark_Chaos said:
but they pretty much just milk the franchise here, just like Nintendo do with Mario
Not even close to what nintendo do with Mario. Mario is a platformer, and still, nintendo is always innovating the platformer genre with many small things that do make the difference, not to mention nintendo is not selling mario games for 40.
Nov 29, 2013 10:04 AM

Nov 2011
When it comes to Communities, I always think: "There are lot of bad parts or overall communities in media."
Nov 29, 2013 10:07 AM

Aug 2013
Don't get me wrong it's pretty fun. It's soo repetitive though and nobody likes the fags who play it.

Nothing to do with the games.
Nov 29, 2013 10:08 AM

Nov 2013
>ARMA Master Race
>Call of Pleb 4 was okay I guess
I sell Panzers and Panzer Accessories.

Nov 29, 2013 1:45 PM

Jun 2013
Terminated said:
Skill
It's a 'No Skills Or Strategy' type game.
You don't need skill to be good at CoD.

And that's a bad thing? I play games very rarely. When I do play something, I want to just have some fun, not "train my skills" for a few days in order to make the game playable for me. This argument sounds like elitist bs.
If you generalize, you're wrong.
Nov 29, 2013 3:09 PM
Mar 2013
Everyone who likes it should be dipped in battery acid
Nov 29, 2013 4:00 PM

Aug 2011
People are wasting way too much time hating. If you don't like it. Dont invest time in it.
Many people want CoD, so let them play it. Go and play zelda or gta or battlefield if that's what you prefer. Easy as that.
Nov 29, 2013 9:11 PM

Dec 2012
The last playable CoD game that was playable was World at War. Ironically, it was also the last WW game in the CoD franchise.

I quit buying CoD games after the piece of shit known as MW3 came out. Black Ops almost broke the camel's back, but MW3 was the last straw and the last piece of evidence that I needed to know that they wouldn't be releasing any more good games.
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Nov 29, 2013 9:23 PM

Jun 2012
Used to love this game every tittle of this game, because they were fun as fuck.
but ghost is just shit
Nov 29, 2013 11:04 PM

Aug 2013
sedmelluq said:
Terminated said:
Skill
It's a 'No Skills Or Strategy' type game.
You don't need skill to be good at CoD.

And that's a bad thing? I play games very rarely. When I do play something, I want to just have some fun, not "train my skills" for a few days in order to make the game playable for me. This argument sounds like elitist bs.

It's fine for casual gamers I guess.
It differs from person to person what I meant was if you're the type of person who likes to play competitively CoD is not the game for you.
Kneel Before Evangeline Mcdowell the #1 the ultimate the Original Vampire loli
Vampire Loli Master Race Represent
Aaj Karenge Jhashn

Polychrome | 3 hours ago
oreimo > evangelion.

Crazy_Cofee_Cat said:
Well,I love both lolis and shotas so technically it makes me pedo.

Nov 30, 2013 12:19 AM
Apr 2013
Battlefield. dont get me wrong before im truly addicted to the CoD then it became 'meh' i switched to BF.
Nov 30, 2013 1:38 AM

Oct 2009
Hulmy said:
Why play CoD when you can play F-Zero GX?
Now give this person a medal, most sense I've heard in quite awhile.
Nov 30, 2013 5:37 PM

May 2013
lupadim said:
Dark_Chaos said:
but they pretty much just milk the franchise here, just like Nintendo do with Mario
Not even close to what nintendo do with Mario. Mario is a platformer, and still, nintendo is always innovating the platformer genre with many small things that do make the difference, not to mention nintendo is not selling mario games for 40.

New Super Mario Bros, New Super Mario Bros Wii, New Super Mario Bros U, New Super Luigi U, New Super Mario Bros 2

They are all the same. The genre is irrelevant.
Nov 30, 2013 5:54 PM
Mar 2011
its a game with crap story tohou has better lore than than COD does
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Nov 30, 2013 6:07 PM

Feb 2005
The problem is how retardedly overpriced and shitty the whole series is. Did they even change engines yet? Because last time I checked it was still running on the one from CoD4. I remember instakilling people with my tactical knife without even physically touching them in MW2, that's how awful the hitboxes were.Basically, each game is more like a DLC than a actual new game, all they do is change some skins and switch some maps.
Oh and the map DLCs. Yea.
Couple this with the prices and there's your problem. Ghost was on "sale" on Steam a while ago. 17% off, knocked a whole 10€ off the price...From 59 to 49. I mean, come on. And Black Ops is still at full price, with itty bitty map pack DLCs for 14 a pop.
It's a nice and fun little game if you want some stupid, cheesy, fast paced shootan action. But to charge this much for it is a bloody insult.
NoSurrender1690 said:
It's a FPS MP game though, so story is irrelevant. That's like saying Tohou is shit because it doesn't have any tanks in it, or Zelda sucks because you can't bribe nobles or support rebellions in enemy territories on the nonexistent strategical map.
Nov 30, 2013 6:08 PM

Sep 2013
Dark_Chaos said:
lupadim said:
Dark_Chaos said:

New Super Mario Bros, New Super Mario Bros Wii, New Super Mario Bros U, New Super Luigi U, New Super Mario Bros 2

They are all the same. The genre is irrelevant.
Time is money, but money won't turn back the clock.
Nov 30, 2013 6:33 PM
Mar 2011
Baman said:
The problem is how retardedly overpriced and shitty the whole series is. Did they even change engines yet? Because last time I checked it was still running on the one from CoD4. I remember instakilling people with my tactical knife without even physically touching them in MW2, that's how awful the hitboxes were.Basically, each game is more like a DLC than a actual new game, all they do is change some skins and switch some maps.
Oh and the map DLCs. Yea.
Couple this with the prices and there's your problem. Ghost was on "sale" on Steam a while ago. 17% off, knocked a whole 10€ off the price...From 59 to 49. I mean, come on. And Black Ops is still at full price, with itty bitty map pack DLCs for 14 a pop.
It's a nice and fun little game if you want some stupid, cheesy, fast paced shootan action. But to charge this much for it is a bloody insult.
NoSurrender1690 said:
It's a FPS MP game though, so story is irrelevant. That's like saying Tohou is shit because it doesn't have any tanks in it, or Zelda sucks because you can't bribe nobles or support rebellions in enemy territories on the nonexistent strategical map.

i play games for story above all so whats wrong with that
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Nov 30, 2013 6:39 PM

Oct 2013
Don't really like the series, don't hate it either.

Call of duty 4: Modern Warfare was amazing, but that's the only one I played. I do hate it when people say "Go back to CoD" if you don't like their favorite game though.
Nov 30, 2013 6:47 PM

Feb 2005
NoSurrender1690 said:
Nothing. But your comparison there is still ridiculous. You can't fault something for not having what it never even aspired to have.
Nov 30, 2013 6:59 PM
Mar 2011
Baman said:
NoSurrender1690 said:
Nothing. But your comparison there is still ridiculous. You can't fault something for not having what it never even aspired to have.

why is it so obsessed with loooking good if it does not have somthing worthwhile to dysplay

The main reason i hated FF13 was this too

yes it looks good but if any thing else in any other Midum only looked good for the sake of that it would get mocked [ Hence why Michel bay movies are mocked] but COD is not and Video gamers want the midums to go along side movies as i High art from but a game that could not stand up to any war movie gets prise

Nov 30, 2013 7:17 PM

Feb 2005
NoSurrender1690 said:
why is it so obsessed with loooking good if it does not have somthing worthwhile to dysplay

yes it looks good but if any thing else in any other Midum only looked good for the sake of that it would get mocked [ Hence why Michel bay movies are mocked] but COD is not and Video gamers want the midums to go along side movies as i High art from but a game that could not stand up to any war movie gets prise
CoD is getting mocked though, that's the reason OP made the thread.
And flash over substance, yes, but it still doesn't make sense to complain about CoD's lack of story. Like I said, it's a FPS game with MP as the main focus. The substance in this case would be gameplay mechanics, not story, see my point?
Nov 30, 2013 7:34 PM
Mar 2011
Baman said:
NoSurrender1690 said:

CoD is getting mocked though, that's the reason OP made the thread.
And flash over substance, yes, but it still doesn't make sense to complain about CoD's lack of story. Like I said, it's a FPS game with MP as the main focus. The substance in this case would be gameplay mechanics, not story, see my point?

Partly yes
but do you see mine
but over all it seams the double standed of people is sickenning it seams the Us game makera can not mox for the most part Story anf game play like Japan can look at games like mgs for an example

Nov 30, 2013 7:36 PM

Sep 2012
If you're playing CoD for the singleplayer than ur doin' it rong m8.

Everyone knows they just put the singleplayer in because they had to, with maybe the exception of BO2 where they decided to give a damn for a change.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Nov 30, 2013 7:42 PM
Mar 2011
Korrvo said:

Everyone knows they just put the singleplayer in because they had to, with maybe the exception of BO2 where they decided to give a damn for a change.

then make it mp only

Nov 30, 2013 7:44 PM

Sep 2012
NoSurrender1690 said:
Korrvo said:

then make it mp only
They would if that didn't make their consumers feel like they were getting half a game for 60 bucks.

Activision gotta gets their money yo
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Nov 30, 2013 7:48 PM

Mar 2012
I love Call of Duty. That said, the last entry I've purchased is MW2, because, as has been mentioned, they are too similar to one another. I've played MW3 and Black Ops II a bunch, but I don't really have a strong desire to buy either. At this point, I'll probably wait until I get a PS4 and then I'll get whatever the latest title is.

More importantly, CoD has single player?
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 30, 2013 8:17 PM

Feb 2005
NoSurrender1690 said:
Partly yes
but do you see mine
but over all it seams the double standed of people is sickenning it seams the Us game makera can not mox for the most part Story anf game play like Japan can look at games like mgs for an example
Eh, CoD isn't exactly the best example of a quality game if you're looking at story(and I would argue, neither is MGS). Take the first Dragon Age and Mass Effect games instead, they're great examples of a mix of great gameplay and story. Japanese and western games both have their share of shit and quality.
Nov 30, 2013 8:21 PM
Jul 2013
COD 4: MW ftw.
Nov 30, 2013 8:50 PM
Mar 2011
Baman said:
NoSurrender1690 said:
Partly yes
but do you see mine
Eh, CoD isn't exactly the best example of a quality game if you're looking at story(and I would argue, neither is MGS). Take the first Dragon Age and Mass Effect games instead, they're great examples of a mix of great gameplay and story. Japanese and western games both have their share of shit and quality.

im sorry most mondern PUS made PC style RPGs are lacking in story as well the Us RPG for story were are still are Ulitima III- VII if a story writher give the reader a choice in how there story playes out its show lack of confidence in there own skill as a Author

say if the based idea ofr all monden fantasy fiction LOTR was like what PC RPGs are today im sorry it woulkd not be seen as highly as it is today

i agree that not all games that my nation make are good both east and west have made there share of Kisoge no doubt but of late the Mainstream US 0'makers have made more IM0 in The 80's Japan made more bad games but had the huge amout of Good Prestige dev games ot cover the bad that Mostlt small devs were making

while to day The Us Dvs foucs on to much brown and gray and game that lack any tacical mind what so ever

when was the last Miltray Stragy game [ set on modern times] relsed by us dev

while System soft are still making daisenrykyu to this day [ best mialtry hardwere sim out there all the stats are real for the real untis in the games]

Nov 30, 2013 8:52 PM
Mar 2011
Korrvo said:
NoSurrender1690 said:
Korrvo said:

then make it mp only
They would if that didn't make their consumers feel like they were getting half a game for 60 bucks.

the Whole MMO market runs like this so im sure COD could

Nov 30, 2013 9:37 PM

Feb 2005
NoSurrender1690 said:
im sorry most mondern PUS made PC style RPGs are lacking in story as well the Us RPG for story were are still are Ulitima III- VII if a story writher give the reader a choice in how there story playes out its show lack of confidence in there own skill as a Author
Well, for RPGs, western ones have had the better stories lately I'd say, last one being Dragon Age or Mass Effect. Not their sequels though, they were either meh or awful. Meanwhile I'd have to think a while back to find some really good JRPGs to compare with.
when was the last Miltray Stragy game [ set on modern times] relsed by us dev
No idea if the devs are US or not, but RUSE, Wargame: European Escalation and AirLand battle were all pretty awesome. And there are innumerable turn based tactics games too, ranging from incredibly in depth tactical stuff like the Close Combat games to grand strategy like Hearts of Iron. So there's definitely no short supply there.

Sure, a lot of mainstream gaming in the western market is cheap action stuff, but the mainstream markets anywhere are filled with cheap drivel anyways. The popularity of CoD only really says that the mainstream gamers are far too willing to pay top prices for generic rehashed drivel, you can't really judge the overall quality of the market with that alone.
Dec 1, 2013 2:38 AM
Nov 2009
9tailjeza said:
But to those of you who also scorn CoD or understand the situation better than i do.
where and why did it start?

It started with Modern Warfare 2 and why? Because they are greedy *****.
Dec 1, 2013 3:09 AM

Oct 2011
Call of Duty 4, while over-scripted at times, has very good pacing and mission variety. It's excellent at what it intends to do, even if what it does is not something people enjoy. For me it was only around World at War and Modern Warfare 2 where the entire formula really started to go off the rails and lose a lot of steam.

COD1 was a fun ride, though. No health regen, mass infantry combat instead of commando spec ops bullshit, wide open fields (even if still ultimately linear). The game world felt dangerous as you crawled painstakingly through the corpse-strewn battlefields. I enjoyed it.
Dec 1, 2013 3:16 AM

Jul 2013
There are a lot of games that I much rather would play over CoD, but it's still a good time waster if you have friends to play with. The fanbase are horrible douchebags though, but it's hilarious for trolling.

People hate it because of the community and because it's popular/mainstream mostly, which makes you a dumb sheep, the same if you like stuff just because of the fact that it isn't popular. Sure it's stupid that they repeatedly have the same formula over and over again, but the core concept isn't really bad I would say.
Dec 1, 2013 10:06 AM

Sep 2012
NoSurrender1690 said:
Korrvo said:
NoSurrender1690 said:
Korrvo said:

then make it mp only

Not when you consider the fact that you don't ever buy an MMO for the singleplayer considering what it is in the first place.

If you only brought a multiplayer experience with CoD, you couldn't justify the 60 dollar price. They have to otherwise a lot of people won't feel the motivation to buy it because it's not as big as it could be.
Dec 1, 2013 10:32 AM

May 2012
Korrvo said:
NoSurrender1690 said:
Korrvo said:
NoSurrender1690 said:
Korrvo said:

then make it mp only

Not when you consider the fact that you don't ever buy an MMO for the singleplayer considering what it is in the first place.

If you only brought a multiplayer experience with CoD, you couldn't justify the 60 dollar price. They have to otherwise a lot of people won't feel the motivation to buy it because it's not as big as it could be.

plenty of people who buy call of duty nowadays only get it for the multiplayer which in a lot of ways, is justified in itself. lots of cod fans treat the multiplayer mode like the madden games and any other yearly sports title and for the most part, those are the only games that they play.
Dec 1, 2013 10:46 AM

Sep 2012
MungoloidJr said:
Korrvo said:
NoSurrender1690 said:
Korrvo said:
NoSurrender1690 said:
Korrvo said:

then make it mp only

plenty of people who buy call of duty nowadays only get it for the multiplayer which in a lot of ways, is justified in itself. lots of cod fans treat the multiplayer mode like the madden games and any other yearly sports title and for the most part, those are the only games that they play.
Plenty is not the same as the majority or even the minority when dealing with a playbase of that size.

You can't speak for the general public, but it's not hard to see why Activition does what they do to keep their wallet's fat.
Dec 1, 2013 10:53 AM

Sep 2013
Korrvo said:

Their campaigns may lack a decent plot but come on, they're chocked full of epic 'OMG I need to watch the notebook to feel like a woman again' moments. Plus an awesome boss fight is always guaranteed. They could've been a LOT worse.

That being said MW3 was the last one I played.
Dec 1, 2013 11:01 AM
Mar 2011
Sanguine-Spade said:
Korrvo said:

Their campaigns may lack a decent plot but come on, they're chocked full of epic 'OMG I need to watch the notebook to feel like a woman again' moments. Plus an awesome boss fight is always guaranteed. They could've been a LOT worse.

as iv said im a story guy [ for mondern games but then again alot of older games have better stoies than COD}

Dec 1, 2013 11:05 AM

Sep 2013
9tailjeza said:
So there's a lot of hate out there for the Call of Duty franchise.
Apparently it's due to Activision milking the franchise for with yearly generic releases that have very little innovation yet sell millions of copies.
personally, this isn't a problem for me (yet) since Black Ops 2 is the first CoD i picked up - and i quite enjoy it.
To be honest, i really enjoy the fast-paced action, as unrealistic as it may be.
Only two things really bug me when i play multiplayer; lag and bad teammates - neither of which are the game's fault.

But to those of you who also scorn CoD or understand the situation better than i do.
where and why did it start?

*edit Ubisoft -> Activsion

Honestly ive been playing since call of duty 4
and I honestly love the game, I look at it as an arcade shooter and its really fun to play competitively and when i need that bite of realisticness in my life i'll hop on battlefield Both great games, both uncomparable so I don't understand why people try.
Dec 1, 2013 11:09 AM
Mar 2011
and puls even on highest diffucaly the Campaing is easy any way in compareson to a Tohou or Cave Shooter

Dec 1, 2013 11:13 AM

Jun 2013
I sense a lot of wrong judgement in this thread. How can you judge what you have not played?

Every Call of Duty attempts at making their campaign meaningful and filled with a good story, but the only successes were Finest Hour, Big Red One, Black Ops and Black Ops 2 to an extent. The older two had colorful stories within them, but the newer two did have some set points where the story lacked, but the story was there
Dec 1, 2013 11:20 AM
Mar 2011
Rigix said:
I sense a lot of wrong judgement in this thread. How can you judge what you have not played?

Every Call of Duty attempts at making their campaign meaningful and filled with a good story, but the only successes were Finest Hour, Big Red One, Black Ops and Black Ops 2 to an extent. The older two had colorful stories within them, but the newer two did have some set points where the story lacked, but the story was there

but compare it to what gamers want games to be Art like movies compare the story in Them games to war Movies Like Saving Pvt Ryan or Hotaru no Haka [ the two best war movies ever made imo]

i brought up story to begin with to show how for Games like COD have set back the cause of Video games being conisder "good" art[Hiigh art]

cuase thay lack narative to back them

Dec 1, 2013 11:59 AM

Sep 2012
Sanguine-Spade said:
Korrvo said:

I'm not a fan of the CoD singeplayer modes, or really any game that feels like I'm playing an interactive movie instead of a video game.

With the exception of BO2, which fixed their linearity issues a bit.
Dec 1, 2013 3:48 PM

May 2012
Korrvo said:
MungoloidJr said:
Korrvo said:
NoSurrender1690 said:
Korrvo said:
NoSurrender1690 said:
Korrvo said:

then make it mp only

Plenty is not the same as the majority or even the minority when dealing with a playbase of that size.

You can't speak for the general public, but it's not hard to see why Activition does what they do to keep their wallet's fat.

well, yeah, obviously. all i was trying to say is that everyone has their different preferences when it comes to the cod games.
Dec 1, 2013 3:52 PM

Jun 2012
Funny, my brother gave me his copy of Black Ops 2 on Friday. It's the first COD game I've played (not much of a gamer) and I'm hooked. I have 11 hours on it already.

It's a very fun, fast paced action game. Who cares about the single player?

Seems to me like it's just a stereotype that all the COD players are brain dead 12 year olds. Seems to me like it's just a stereotype that all the COD players are brain dead 12 year olds. And I almost never hear anyone on their microphones, nor do I get angry messages from people I play against.

I don't plan on getting the new game any time soon because it's probably no different, I hear it's worse, and the online on Black Ops 2 is active anyway.

I guess saying every game is just a rehash is a valid criticism, but it's still a very good, very fun game. Just don't play it if you don't like it.
Shoot first, think never.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

12 by _untitled »»
23 minutes ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3505 by DesuMaiden »»
3 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3717 by DesuMaiden »»
3 hours ago

» total games on your steam library

deg - Feb 22

48 by DesuMaiden »»
3 hours ago

» How to play Sports Video Games?

TheSunLife - Apr 3

15 by DesuMaiden »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.