Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 1, 2013 2:52 AM
Dec 2013
There's no way in hell that Akihito is going to die! It's only episode 9 and they can't go on without the main character.. -.-''
Give me a break..
Have someone even seen an Anime who goes on without their main character?? Yes, no one.. -.-''
Akihito is going to survive and with his youmu powers.. He is going to need it to fight with the man who is after Akihito, and that is what I believe ^^
Dec 1, 2013 6:29 AM

Oct 2013
Oh boy. Too much happened in this episode, poor Akihito and Mirai.
I'm really liking Hiromi's character. He is such a good person in this anime and cares so much for both Akihito and Mirai.
I'm sure Akihito survives and will actually smile and make a Megane joke to which Mirai will smile and shed tears, this is what i can picture for the next episode... such feels.
;-;
Dec 1, 2013 6:34 AM
Sep 2013
It's KyoAni, theres a miniscule chance akkey is gone completely.
The end is nigh

Dec 1, 2013 7:31 AM
Jul 2018
Trisection said:

The montage during Hiromi's investigation shows Izumi and Mirai on the school rooftop. I'm assuming this scene takes place right before the beginning of the anime since Hiromi mentions during his call about how killing Akihito was their plan from the start. This is why Mirai just moved into town.

I'm not sure about this part, but the first person view of Mirai taking her glasses off before the final attack makes it seem like her vision is actually alright and not in any need of correction. Izumi opening Akihito's cabinet during their search of his room and having her reflection on one of the glasses implies that this might also just be part of her plan to lure Akihito.

This seems like a good hypothesis. I first supposed that the act of taking off her glasses showed her determination to kill him. But if yours is the case and everything is all a plan, this anime will get much better
Dec 1, 2013 9:12 AM

Nov 2012
Dat cliffhanger. In my opinion this was one of the best episodes in this series. I hope Akihito survives despite of what we saw in the PV. I can't wait for the next episode...
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks
Dec 1, 2013 9:20 AM
Aug 2013
Bad ass in a mini skirt, Izumi-neesama. More of her fighting please!!~

Yakiimo,.. Mitsuki and Hiroomi were really good too, awesome Nase siblings!! :D

AHH!! I just knew it that I like Akihito even before KnK aired :D he looks so coo..l and cute

and N.O. I heard his human self right before Mirai had her flashbacks of Izumi and Hiroomi, he will live

I wonder how the series is going to pull it off though...
Dec 1, 2013 12:32 PM

Mar 2012
Such feels, much intense.
Dec 1, 2013 12:56 PM

Jun 2013
i think she will just kill the youmu side of him. And his human side will still exist. Akhito is the KNK.
Dec 1, 2013 6:47 PM

Aug 2012
R.I.P Aki or not?
Dec 1, 2013 11:27 PM

May 2012
Better than avg episode. I really thought she was going to stab him, wasn't expecting that cliffhanger. But because of that cliffhanger, it just means that he's going to be alright next episode :)
MrAwesome2011 said:
R.I.P Aki or not?

No way
Dec 1, 2013 11:46 PM

May 2012
Trisection said:
bigivelfhq said:
CyanElekid said:
Pff facepalmed at Kuriyamas stupidity, I mean normally you wouldn't trust a random (well, she doesn't know her other than for being her friends sister and stuff (I think)) person with stuff like that? And if she actually kills Akihito... tables will be flipped.

Mirai knows her! She is the responsible for that area Spirit Hunters. At episode 5 She takes away Mirai license for a month, because she attacked the Hollow Shadow.

The montage during Hiromi's investigation shows Izumi and Mirai on the school rooftop. I'm assuming this scene takes place right before the beginning of the anime since Hiromi mentions during his call about how killing Akihito was their plan from the start. This is why Mirai just moved into town.

I'm not sure about this part, but the first person view of Mirai taking her glasses off before the final attack makes it seem like her vision is actually alright and not in any need of correction. Izumi opening Akihito's cabinet during their search of his room and having her reflection on one of the glasses implies that this might also just be part of her plan to lure Akihito.

Exactly.
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Dec 2, 2013 5:22 AM
Mar 2009
tsubasalover said:
The siblings finally defeated the youmu. He finally woke up, but as youmu and missing. lol @ his album with grading on the megane girl. She must kill him, though. And that relates to "Kyoukai no Kanata" being shown little part. That cliffhanger to kill him.

So he's really dead?

Well, it's impossible to say for sure of course, but in the preview for the next episode, the translation is wrong. She doesn't say, "Akihito kicked the bucket about two weeks ago." She says: "秋人が死んだはずよ、二週間ほど前に。" That means, "Akihito should've died, about two weeks ago." The "should" means that it's expected that he died, in the sense that there's no way the speaker believes he could have survived that. If she was 100% sure he was dead though, she'd have worded it differently. If however she was delivering a fake report and being deliberatly vague about his survival, implying he was dead, then the way she said it in the anime is how she would say it.

He could be dead, but I doubt it.
Dec 2, 2013 10:45 AM

Oct 2011
Izumi and Mirai definitely seem to know each other, and with Mirai taking off her glasses before going in for the kill I feel quite sure she planned to kill Akihito from the start, but fell for him. Sad episode ;w; hoping Akihito isn't dead. I've got a feeling Hiromi might end up betraying Izumi.
Dec 3, 2013 1:11 AM
Apr 2013
Maelis said:
Trisection said:

This seems like a good hypothesis. I first supposed that the act of taking off her glasses showed her determination to kill him. But if yours is the case and everything is all a plan, this anime will get much better

Not to burst bubbles or anything (I really do wish Trisection's theory proves correct), but back in episode 3 when showing Mirai's flashback to her days with Yui, she was already wearing dem signature red frames. Food for thought.
Dec 3, 2013 7:08 AM

Nov 2011
KURIYAMA NOOOO!!! D: D:
Dec 4, 2013 3:43 PM

Dec 2012
Woah what a great episode~!! But when she took off her glasses her vision was clearer... what does it mEAN~?
Gah those fights- Izumi is amazing & I hope Akihito doesn't die
Can't wait for the next one!
Dec 5, 2013 1:09 PM

Feb 2013
Looks like this going to get really interesting moving forward. This buildup.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Dec 6, 2013 4:01 PM

May 2013
wtf I thought I already updated my list to this episode, but anyways, enjoyed it, was really surprising actually o_o
Dec 7, 2013 5:37 AM

May 2013
Izumi is one hell of a badass
Dec 7, 2013 6:44 AM

Apr 2013
Just watched the 9th episode. Oh my sweet lord, my heart is still beating so hard... for a second I thought I couldn't breath anymore. I have never occured such cliff hanger as this episode had. I'm speechless.
Dec 8, 2013 9:54 AM

Aug 2011
Climatic ending, but I am dying to see what happens next. I just added Izumi on my list of top bad@$$ anime women.
Dec 9, 2013 3:18 AM
Jul 2018

Nooooo, I don't want Akkey to die. >__<
This episode had so much feels.
Dec 16, 2013 7:40 PM

Dec 2012
Have to admit I was dragging myself through this series until this episode, but things really heated up and I'm loving it. The fights and special effects are all just so beautiful and incredible to watch. That end fight between Mirai and Akihito was intense and emotional. I wonder what Akihito's connection to "Beyond the Boundary" is.
Dec 19, 2013 5:03 PM

Jun 2012
It could not have ended any better (^^)

Dec 21, 2013 9:52 AM

May 2013
Izumi is so cool and dem sexy. She has the same voice actress as Saber and I just noticed it
- -'' 5/5
Dec 21, 2013 7:13 PM

Nov 2012
Why are you trying to kill Akkey Mirai!?!? I guess its because she was told if she doesnt then he will go full youmu forever, but then I dont know why Hiromi didn't tell her that his older sister is a liar and the one who caused this. Maybe he feels the need to protect his familys secrets. Still, come one Mirai you could have atleast attempted to find another way. Also I wonder what that scar is on Hiromi's back is. I'm glad Hiromi is being a bro trying to find a way to save Akkey.
Slaine did nothing wrong.
Dec 22, 2013 2:06 PM

Jun 2011
i don't understand what beyond the boundary is suppose to mean in full...and why i am suppose to care/find it relevant this late into the series. i feel like this anime is trying to possibly be a parody anime although it is doing a poor job of executing that in my opinion. i really enjoy the slice of life aspect of this show far more than all the fantasy that is sloppily mixed into it. things like the calm & whatever beyond the boundary are should make more sense if they're trying to be such a big part of the show. the serious elements of the show are just so lamely balanced with the humor that i wish the way the show looked was enough for me to like it. just the shit plot that focuses on WAY TOO MUCH DRAMA O x O is too much for me. it feels as if it is trying to being a parody on how much high drama anime tends to involve but i don't think it is. >.<

also i just can't seem to like anything about mirai. as to why she would try to kill akkey just because she's told to like wizard pointed out in the previous post. she's such a weak main character. i wish i could love her but then she would have to have a fucking backbone and be able to show some kind of strength at all. but they give her these epic battle skills, yes they aren't that skilled at times but with her talent she showed this last episode it just doesn't fit her at all. the way that this show portrays her is really pathetic but at least it's cute. x 3 x nothing frickin' adds up with this series and just because it's pretty too look at just isn't enough for me. meh, even though i hardly understand why anything is ever happening on this show i will finish it off and add it to the good ol' anime list. ;3
Jan 3, 2014 3:01 AM

Oct 2012
Aw... Akihito died?
I just don't understand what's Mirai thinking about

Poor Aki :(
"Signature removed"
Jan 9, 2014 7:57 AM

Oct 2012
Nice fighting scene between Izumi and that jerk-face even if the battle was quite short. So Akihito is gone hard in shade mode. That picture rating book should have been left unknown for the world xD those Mirai pic still look great ^^.
Shit at that point Akkey is just going to be kill as he is the ultimate shade ? Hiro'omi is looking for something and the hollow shade has been stole.
Jan 27, 2014 2:34 AM
Jul 2018
I could see Mirai thinking that Aki isn't completely gone, but she believes he's not coming back, and the only way to put him out of his misery is to kill him. She definitely took to killing him more quickly than I thought. Hell of a cliffhanger, either way.
Feb 4, 2014 7:13 AM

Jun 2008
So she was send there to kill him from the start? Well that makes the private conversation we never heard between her and Izumi obvious to what it was about.

Btw Hiromi screwed up there. He open the door for the other guy to steal that stone and power up his weapon. Now Even Izumi won't be able to stop that guy.

Disturbed911 said:
niaxato said:
Well, regardless of what happens, I hope that scheming Izumi gets what's coming to her.

Boot to the face? Fist to the face? Blood sword through the heart? Akkey is my favorite character so I really hope she does die :(

I'll rather go with my dick in her mouth.
MonadFeb 4, 2014 7:42 AM
Feb 7, 2014 3:37 PM

Jul 2013
0.0 That ending....Oh god, I can't believe Mirai is going to kill Akkey!! x(
Mar 12, 2014 7:46 AM
May 2012
Well.......WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!?!?!?!
I know what is going on but why is it happening!!!
Akihito will not die, even if he dies, he will comeback somehow. This Anime won't work without Akihito.
Akihito is pretty sweet, thinking about Mirai's birthday present already.
I don't know what's up with Mirai and Izumi but I have some ideas.
It's nice to see Hiromi trying to save Akkey.
The animation is really awesome during those fight scenes; I really like the colors.
I can't wait so I already downloaded the opening and ending song last night :3
Mar 18, 2014 7:30 PM
Oct 2009
nice nice I bet he's going to hug her and tell her: you look better with glasses or something.. while she's stabbing him. but one thing I dislike about this anime is how it jumps from scene to scene so abruptly... and I get the feeling like how some parts are missing.
Apr 1, 2014 11:56 AM

May 2012
Dat ending :| Pretty lovely episode with various great aspects! I really wonder what happens next though.
May 30, 2014 11:28 AM

Aug 2007
Sheesh, I don't think anything will happen to Akihito, but the cliffhanger can make anyone nervous u.u

Jul 22, 2014 5:28 PM

Oct 2013
o shit is getting real that cliffhanger MUST watch next he better not die D:
[/quote]
Jan 6, 2015 7:47 PM

Feb 2013
So Mirai killed Akihito?! What?! Also she has those glasses for style only? It went first person when she took off her glasses near the end there and it was clear. She has no need for glasses? I think we all know that Akihito didn't die. I wonder what Izumi wants. It looks like both Izumi and Miroku are bad. WHo's the lesser of two evils though? Onto the next episode!
Mar 11, 2015 10:59 PM

Mar 2014
Damn cliffhanger >.<
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 1, 2015 1:09 PM

Jan 2008
All three battles were visually appealing. Thumbs up again, KyoAni.

So, yeah, what the heck is with that preview? XD I like the fact that it has generated so many questions and criticism.
Jul 11, 2015 11:57 PM

Dec 2012
Yakiimo is terrifying.
Aug 11, 2015 3:12 PM

Aug 2014
I like Mirai and Sakura's relation now.

I doubt Akihito is dead. at least not like that.

for some reason i thought that guy with the glasses was Akihito's father when he was taking the hollow shadow into his weapon. Probably very far fetched, I know.
Oct 27, 2015 11:20 PM

Dec 2013
I really doubt that he is dead. Action was as nice as ever.
Nov 14, 2015 12:35 PM

Sep 2012
wow great ep, that dude who sips the juice box needs to get his ass owned
Dec 25, 2015 11:53 PM
Sep 2015
Wow, it all makes sense then. Why she attacked him in the first episode, why she KEPT attacking him "for practice." It wasn't practice for killing random youmu, it was practice for this very moment, for killing HIM!

And then this little moeblob let him befriend her knowing what she was going to do sooner or later anyway...

Anyone else wish during that entire fight that he'd kill her?
Jan 25, 2016 10:15 PM

May 2014
CyanElekid said:
Pff facepalmed at Kuriyamas stupidity, I mean normally you wouldn't trust a random (well, she doesn't know her other than for being her friends sister and stuff (I think))

Yea, pretty darned dumb. Stupid action.

Redeeming factor:That heartbreak scene transition. Got me. 10/10 for that scene.

Even though the plot started straitening out, 7/10 at max atm.
Mar 14, 2016 4:28 AM

Apr 2015
Better than the previous episode, in my opinion. Mirai is having a hard time to decide whether or not she should kill Akkey. Izumi definitely has something up her sleeve, but what exactly is the purpose of her plan? It might have already been answered, or maybe my lack of sleep is finally getting to me.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jun 1, 2016 8:04 AM

May 2016
Looks like aki's the way to world destruction and the evil character cast somehow wants to obtain him for their own reasons -- reminds me of naruto.
Jul 30, 2016 3:20 PM

Nov 2015

I just noticed Sexy Izumi has the same voice as Saber jaja. A little bit late but in my defence she's barely spoken till this episode.

Anyway, this episode is as amazing as all previous ones. Akihito sure is OP.
I still have problems understanding the sides, I mean, I know Miroku is "Bad" but I don't know what he is truly after. Izumi, I don't know if she's really a good one since she's the one who weakened the human side of Akihito.

PD: Yeah, Izumi and Mirai knew each other from before...
HumbertoZeroJul 30, 2016 3:31 PM
Aug 20, 2016 6:15 PM

Apr 2015
This triggers me.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

338 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

537 by fnafjeremy »»
Jan 12, 9:02 AM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

448 by ds87 »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.