Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 27, 2013 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The creature in this episode was kinda weird.

That damn Beyond the Boundary. Poor Aki. Well damn, Mirai sure isn't going to easy with this anyways. I can tell she's struggling internally because Aki is her friend so when she fights him, there's that part of guilt coming back.

Dat cliffhanger ;.;
Nov 27, 2013 7:57 AM

Nov 2007
The siblings finally defeated the youmu. He finally woke up, but as youmu and missing. lol @ his album with grading on the megane girl. She must kill him, though. And that relates to "Kyoukai no Kanata" being shown little part. That cliffhanger to kill him.

So he's really dead?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 27, 2013 8:00 AM
Dec 2012
Better than previous episode. A bit surprised to see Mirai really trying to kill Akihito.
Nov 27, 2013 10:00 AM

Jan 2013
Aw man it sucks that Mirai has to kill Akihito, but I never noticed how strong Aki is when he is in his youmu form. This "Beyond the Boundary" phenomenon is pretty interesting and the fact that Aki could be a part of it even makes it more interesting, can't wait to see what happens next. Also that's a big megane collection.
Nov 27, 2013 10:07 AM
Sep 2013
I'm gonna be really sad if Akihito dies... that next episode preview hints towards things and noooo :(
Nov 27, 2013 10:16 AM

Sep 2010
Using the paper to find him reminds me of one piece.
Nov 27, 2013 10:20 AM

Jan 2013
Pff facepalmed at Kuriyamas stupidity, I mean normally you wouldn't trust a random (well, she doesn't know her other than for being her friends sister and stuff (I think)) person with stuff like that? And if she actually kills Akihito... tables will be flipped.
CyanElekidNov 27, 2013 10:24 AM
Nov 27, 2013 10:28 AM
Mar 2013
your talking about my Last Sentence about her Changing her mind at the last second Discovering that she Actually Loves him and can't bring herself to kill him right?
Nov 27, 2013 10:29 AM

Aug 2012
I actually think she will end up killing him...hopefully I'm wrong. But I really think this is it for Akihito.
Nov 27, 2013 10:29 AM

Aug 2010
Now that was tense and friggin gloomy as well!

Poor Ai :(

That was some nice sibling teamwork. Mitsuki worrying about Hiiromi was cute <3 And Dat scarf.

Izumi's fighting style is just too EPIC!! Dat Spear wielding!! But she's still hiding lots of stuff.

Mirai's using her blood in un-locking the door was pretty creative XD Dat Megane and album collection XD

And what was that? Akihito is the/part of "Kyoukai no Kanata"?? I didn't get that part that well. Then what about his father? We still need to know about him.

I didn't understand Mirai's resolution to kill him either? It felt like she doesn't want to kill him so why did she go with it? Did Izumi tell her something that changed her mind??

Well the Aki vs Mirai battle was pretty friggin epic! And the last scene with it ending before the stab was a nice cliffhanger. I don't want to believe she killed him unless they explain her reason well.

Nxt ep pv...Aki is dead? O_o? Or is it a troll? XD
Barion-ZaraNov 27, 2013 10:33 AM
Nov 27, 2013 10:41 AM

May 2013
The episode had to end at a good time. I don't think that Akihito will die.
Nov 27, 2013 11:02 AM

Sep 2011
Best way to mourn a person's death, swimsuit episode to ease the pain. Kidding.

On a serious note, all three battles were pure eye candy, wished it lasted longer, especially Izumi's fight.

A good cliffhanger but yeah I don't think they are going to remove him from the equation altogether, too soon.
Nov 27, 2013 11:02 AM

Oct 2013
Izumi saved Mirai in the past, so was it a deal or something to kill Aki?

Funny how Mirai couldn't kill youmu until now she can be a ruthless killing machine...

I like how Onii-chan is really saving Akkey.
Nov 27, 2013 11:08 AM

Aug 2011
Wow, that was honestly a great episode. Just like last week's episode, I completely lost track of time. The episodes have just been getting better and better and I really hope the quality stays the same. It's such a shame that a few episodes in the first half were so badly executed. But now it's a lot better.

I'm really, really hanging on to the hope that it will keep getting better.

I'm actually torn as to whether or not Akkey will die. It looks like it was the plan from the start for Akkey to be killed by Mirai, judging from that flashback with Izumi talking to her.
Nov 27, 2013 11:09 AM
Jan 2013
Looks like Mairai is gonna kill Aki.
Nov 27, 2013 11:20 AM

May 2013
Looks like Mirai planned to kill Akkey from the beginning but became attached to him or something along those lines judging from what Hiromi said. The preview had a euphemism basically saying that Akkey died but maybe it's just a trick. Judging from what I've seen of this anime so far, either he won't die or dies and comes back somehow with something to do with the boundary. Don't think they'll get rid of him entirely.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Nov 27, 2013 11:39 AM

Jan 2013
maybe he dies and then comes back as just a normal human after this
follow me on tumblr @ http://x-hentai.tumblr.com/
Nov 27, 2013 11:39 AM

Aug 2011
Baku219 said:
Looks like Mirai planned to kill Akkey from the beginning but became attached to him or something along those lines judging from what Hiromi said. The preview had a euphemism basically saying that Akkey died but maybe it's just a trick. Judging from what I've seen of this anime so far, either he won't die or dies and comes back somehow with something to do with the boundary. Don't think they'll get rid of him entirely.

I agree. In the case that he actually dies (or something along those lines) by the next episode, I think that Hiroomi might try to bring him back somehow. I really want to know what happened between them in the past, although I can assume, I want to know.
Nov 27, 2013 11:40 AM

Mar 2012
My God this was a good episode. I think more than anything, it's done a superb job at drawing out the emotions of the characters now that the situation has acquired some serious weight. Fujima Miroku and Nase Izumi are still the trump cards here, but the drama surrounding Mirai and Akihito will likely ride on Mirai's decision at the end. Man, I can't wait for next week.
Nov 27, 2013 11:41 AM
Mar 2012
Akihito kick the bucket 2 weeks ago. WHAT THE...
Nov 27, 2013 11:43 AM

May 2012
theres no way hes dead..there must be other secret of that frozen barrier like what she did to that girl butler, and mirai agreed to kill akki coz she knows theres other way to keep him alive.. nice cliffy though..

Nov 27, 2013 11:48 AM

Nov 2012
What an episode, poor Mirai.
Lol @ his 'megane' collection.

Nov 27, 2013 11:49 AM

Apr 2013
Woah, Izumi is badass. Actually, all three of the Nase siblings are badass.

I wonder what that guy is planning by taking the Hollow Shadow's youmu stone.

Really liking all the action that's been going on in these last couple episodes.
The fight between youmu Akihito and Mirai was pretty intense. So anxious to see what happens to Akihito.
Nov 27, 2013 11:51 AM

Mar 2013
Laciie said:
Wow, that was honestly a great episode. Just like last week's episode, I completely lost track of time. The episodes have just been getting better and better and I really hope the quality stays the same. It's such a shame that a few episodes in the first half were so badly executed. But now it's a lot better.

I'm really, really hanging on to the hope that it will keep getting better.

Same here. I can't believe how much KnK has improved especially in the last few episodes. The non-stop battle scenes are helpful ofc (and it's so beautiful to watch) but the fact that the story is picking up is the real kicker. Even though the early episodes served character development and Izumi's gradual manipulation of Mirai, to me they feel like filler due to bad execution :/

I don't think Akihito is going to die because lulz just what is the percentage of the main MC dying in any story? If it does goes down that route, however... I will be devastated but pleasantly surprised.
Nov 27, 2013 11:59 AM

Feb 2013
Loved this episode.I do think akihito has way too much power(he did say "saikou no youmu"),but that just leaves me wondering just who the hell is his father.I'm also wondering why do some youmu interact with people,while others are just like beasts.

I think that mirai thinks that she killed akihito..He will come back though,not the first time something like this happens.Hope he learns to control his youmu-half before the end of the show,or at least that his youmu-half stops behaving like a caveman.

Though gotta love how a creature as powerful as he is starts going AAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHH after getting stabbed.
Nov 27, 2013 12:03 PM

Aug 2013
i know this sounds bad and i have nothing against the main, in fact he's probably one of the better kyo-ani mains (in terms of male characters) in a while, but i hope she kills him. i mean that would take real balls if kyo-ani did this and i know for a fact that we'd all watch. FUCKING AWESOME EPISODE!
Nov 27, 2013 12:18 PM

Jul 2013
Sick episode i really like this serires cant wait till next ep
Nov 27, 2013 12:23 PM

Dec 2010
Well I certainly know why this is called a "Dark Fantasy" I like it when its heartless, but then again I also like it when they are all together, and laughing and having a good time. I hope those days come back soon.

It's getting better!
Nov 27, 2013 12:33 PM

Jan 2011
I don't think he'll die, but if he does, this could be more interesting than just a boring unnecessary drama.

Even this Akkey youmu doesn't look strong like the last time we saw it
Nov 27, 2013 12:42 PM

Aug 2013
A lot can happen since Akkey is said to be a strong half human half youmo.
Nov 27, 2013 12:47 PM

Mar 2013
If Akkey really dies my heart will break into a million pieces.
Nov 27, 2013 1:10 PM

Feb 2013
How the hell i am supposed to wait for the next week? My heart is dying in pain.

Nov 27, 2013 1:19 PM

May 2009
He "Kicked the bucket two weeks ago" according to preview, guys.
Nov 27, 2013 1:28 PM

Jan 2008
I wouldn't mind if they did kill off Aki. One of my issues with Kyoukai no Kanata is that it has a great concept and it has some intrigue, but the fetishes are extremely absurd and doesn't fit with the narrative.

Every time they bring up the little sister and glasses fetishes, I want to punch a wall. Of all the adaptations and what they added/subtracted, I wish they got rid of those fetishes conversation. They add nothing and they aren't even good jokes.
Nov 27, 2013 1:55 PM

Feb 2013
McQ999 said:
i know this sounds bad and i have nothing against the main, in fact he's probably one of the better kyo-ani mains (in terms of male characters) in a while, but i hope she kills him. i mean that would take real balls if kyo-ani did this and i know for a fact that we'd all watch. FUCKING AWESOME EPISODE!

I actually think I agree with you. Sure Akihito-kun is a swell guy, but I feel like they kept his character development intentionally short so they could kill him off. What was his school life like before Mirai-chan showed up? What are his hopes and dreams? Why the hell is he so hard for glasses? None of these questions were ever addressed.
And even though he and Mirai-chan had some touching character development moments, keep in mind Akihito-kun never even grew out of calling her by her last name, and Mirai-chan never called him anything but 'Senpai'. In Japan, honorifics and these kinds of things are kind of a big deal.
Sadly, I think he's toast. And to be honest, I'm even more interested in the coming episodes because of it.
NarkolepticNinjaNov 27, 2013 1:59 PM
Nov 27, 2013 2:08 PM
Feb 2013
i don't think she actually killed him. maybe she saw through the conspiracy, wounded him enough so he'd stop fighting, dragged him into the woods and kept it from the rest. maybe izumi is suspicious. maybe her and izumi's conversation as well as hiromi's call made her change her conviction, i don't know. i could even see hiromi and maybe even mitsuki going behind the back of their sister and helping mirai. - i'm not sure, but i can't see akihito dying just yet. then again, maybe i'm wrong. but as far as i know from the light novel (and i know, they changed bucks of things in the anime, apparently) he doesn't die, at least not in the first volume.

but if i were one of the producers, i don't think i would've okay-ed the storyline ending in/including akihito's death (yet). a) he is a main character and there is too much potential in his characterisation. b) shows lose viewers when they pull stunts like that because the audience will get the impression they can't trust the writers c) the pacing would be really off d) the storyline itself -with what we've been given so far, that is- would be off as well

his point of view is pretty important in the narration. i don't think mirai, hiromi, mitsuki or even sakura could provide what he can, and i also don't see the reason in having izumi's plans revealed just to instantly kill him off. he obviously played and plays a big part in the entire story -not just the one we're being shown, but every character's personality, behaviour, motivation etc. killing him might be dramatic, but it wouldn't really add to the story, i think.

unless they manage to really pull it off in a grand fashion, in which case i take everything i've said back. (though.. mirai says something really blase about him dying in the teaser for #10, which i think points in the direction of her lying or something as well.)

argh, this anime. >__<' damn cliffhangers.
Nov 27, 2013 2:38 PM

May 2012
Good episode. The best part to me was Izumi vs Miroku. Izumi bad ass. It looks like Mirai decide to kill Akkey. I hope he died. I mean I like Akkey a lot. I just hope he dies and then be brought back by Beyond the Bounty. He come back and can use some of his youmu powers. You know some crazy ass plot twist. Yea that be sick imo. Anyway still heart broken. Akkey was a good kid and to have Mirai kill him was a little sad.

Dat PV? Akkey kicks the bucket two weeks ago and everybody just chillin. Can't wait for next episode.
Nov 27, 2013 3:09 PM

Jun 2013
Is she really going to kill him?We won't see Akkey anymore?What was with that preview for the next episode?

Sh*t so many questions we can ask after this episode.Can't wait for next one :D
Nov 27, 2013 3:15 PM

Nov 2013
Yes BladesofTime. We won't see the main character for the duration of the series episodes. That makes complete sense.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Nov 27, 2013 3:21 PM

Jan 2011
not bad at all i really hope she did indeed kill him and that PV isn't just trolling and not for the matter of (i dislike Akihito because i don't) just all this build up and then they cop out at the last second would be really disappointing
Nov 27, 2013 3:44 PM
Aug 2012
So based on the what came out of this episode I think I understand what's going on. The 'Beyond the Boundary' is a youma which is basically equivalent to a natural disaster with the power to destroy the world. But it doesn't really have a 'form', it's more of a force, a nebulous existence. From the notes in the Nase family archives evidence shows it's drawn to other powerful youma and inhabits their bodies. So how do you 'acquire' this force of nature. Use Akki, weaken his human half allowing his incredibly powerful youma half to take control. This acts as a magnet attracting the 'Beyond the Boundary' to occupy this body, essentially taking on a form. Because of the calm, Akki can now be killed. If he is killed in his youma form, he probably drops one of those spirit crystals. The crystal would probably contain the 'Beyond the Boundary' and however possesses that basically has a 'spiritual nuke'.
Nov 27, 2013 3:49 PM

Nov 2012
Well, regardless of what happens, I hope that scheming Izumi gets what's coming to her.
Nov 27, 2013 4:00 PM
Aug 2012
niaxato said:
Well, regardless of what happens, I hope that scheming Izumi gets what's coming to her.

Boot to the face? Fist to the face? Blood sword through the heart? Akkey is my favorite character so I really hope she does die :(
Nov 27, 2013 4:18 PM

Jul 2010
OMG THE MC IS GOING TO DIE!

*joke, no one believes it, cmon KyoAni.

Btw, I must admit the cliffhanger was well made, it served its purpose.
Nov 27, 2013 4:59 PM

Mar 2012
I doubt anyone is going to die. The bad guy probably isn't even going to die at the end either.
Nov 27, 2013 5:02 PM

Oct 2010
Yeah, no. Even if Akihito ends up being dead, KyoAni can’t possibly make the next episode as light hearted as the preview makes it out. That’s just pushing it too far.

Anyways, this episode was far better than last week’s episode which doesn’t say much since that episode was a disaster. Completely disjointed. I’d argue this episode was disjointed as well but at least it gave me chills around the last part. I tried hard not to roll my eyes at the constant flashbacks and brooding Mirai had. It’s one thing to have them shown in pivotal moments like these but another to have them a bunch of times in episodes before. It decreases the effect it has during times that matters the most. Which is why I wasn’t moved at all by this episode.

And that scene when they barged into his apartment…did they seriously expect to find him there? Or were they trying to gather clues or whatever? The scene could’ve been a lot more touching if it was just shown that Mirai saw the magazine where Akihito wrote he wished to get those glasses too. Ugh.

I’m probably being overly nit-picky but the anime’s become so overwhelmingly unimpressive. =o= Even after a potentially great episode like this will most likely get sidelined by whatever light heartedness that will ensue in the next episode.
Nov 27, 2013 5:18 PM

Jul 2011
To be honest, this was the first episode to actually grip me, and make me care since the very beginning. For this week at least, I'm glad I didn't drop the show.
Nov 27, 2013 5:26 PM

Nov 2012
The last part is just too painful to watch Q_Q kinda surprised to finally recognize who Akihito is.
Poor akihito, all people near you wants you dead, Mirai is no exception.
Especially after seeing the next ep preview. What the hell..
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Nov 27, 2013 5:49 PM

Jul 2010
- Izumi purposely used a Frozen Barrier at Akihito to unleash his Youmu powers.

- Beyond the Boundary is a Youmu like the Hollow Shadow, but is the only one who has the power to destroy the world. Based on the Nase research, Akihito is the only one who fit the description. It is safe to assume that Akkey is a part or may be the Beyond the Boundary himself.

- The Hollow Shadow was assimilated by the Gunlance. That guy should be able to stand up against Izumi or Akihito now.

- We found out that Mirai REALLY wanted to kill Akihito back in Episode 1, but things didn't go according to her plan because she grew close to him.

- Ai and the others seem depressed. Akihito is said to have "kicked the bucket" in the preview.
Nov 27, 2013 5:56 PM

Aug 2008
If I were to watch this without sub: "Akihito shinda hazu yo"
which, I would have interpreted as "He is supposedly dead"
But my japanese is definitely not perfect. Going to rewatch with UTW.

Anyway, i believe that he's not dead.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

338 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

537 by fnafjeremy »»
Jan 12, 9:02 AM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

448 by ds87 »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.