Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2013 3:28 PM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Fusion of two people to form one individual he? Well this surely is an interesting concept! All the humans that were killed by Vegeta while under control are wished back to life but now they do need to wait 4 months to find the dragon balls again.

Either way this sure was an interesting episode so lets see what's next!
Jan 7, 2014 7:40 AM

Jun 2009
Hahaha, poor Videl. She's way in over her head. This episode marks the first mention of the fusion dance.
May 7, 2014 3:47 PM

Oct 2009
I don't get it. Why was it only two wishes last time?
From the episode 173:

And now it's three wishes?
I wonder if Goten and Trunks will be able to come back to their original selves after Fusion. It's probably irrevocable?
Jul 18, 2016 8:37 PM

Aug 2013
One of the more random elements to appear in the series, but much like the clever man he is Toriyama spun it in such a way to where it didn't feel like It came completely out of nowhere, using the Piccolo/Nail thing as a sort of prior president.
Aug 25, 2016 9:25 PM

Feb 2016
So... you can just tell the dragon to go back to sleep and get a new set of wishes in a few months if you don't use up the wishes? O_o That's interesting news.

I kinda like these segments with Buu "having fun" and Babidi flipping out, lol.

This has been the longest "24 hours" ever, looks like it's finally going to end though. He has to teach Goten/Trunks the Fusion Technique and evidently that will take them like a week to master.

I kinda hope that Goku has some extra traveller miles though and can make a return trip pretty soon, :p

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Sep 21, 2016 2:48 AM

Sep 2013
Serhiyko said:
From the episode 173:

I wondered this myself! Did we miss something?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 19, 2017 12:17 PM

Jan 2013
Serhiyko said:
From the episode 173:

I wonder if Goten and Trunks will be able to come back to their original selves after Fusion. It's probably irrevocable?

The default number is 3 wishes. However when someone wishes for multiple resurrections with one wish then that reduces the amount to two.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Mar 1, 2020 1:49 AM

Mar 2010
SHINOBI-03 said:
Serhiyko said:

The default number is 3 wishes. However when someone wishes for multiple resurrections with one wish then that reduces the amount to two.

I think after a certain number of people you want to revive 1 wish goes as 2. Probably when we talk about 100.000 or something of that nature because this was back in the Cell saga when he wiped out several towns. Because at the stadium when Vegeta went nuts we had for sure "only" 5.000-10.000 dead people and this still counts as 1 wish.

About the Episode: Goku all of a sudden comes with the Fusion. I couldnt remember how this was introduced into the series, well answer is out of nowhere :p. Goku couldnt sense Shenlong, Bulma and everyone at first seemed a bit odd since there were so many of his friends and only few hundred kms away (unlike planet distances).

Still wondering how Babidi survived all these crashes riding on Buu...
Oct 4, 2020 12:41 PM

Jul 2008
Well now everyone is on the same page.
Nov 17, 2020 7:04 PM

Jan 2015
Man, fusions.... Can't wait for the fusions to happen because they are my favorite thing in DB. Things are heating up.
Nov 29, 2022 7:11 AM

Nov 2020
Cmon now! Why do they need to ruin everything?! I wonder how Goten and Trunks will look like when they are fusioned.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 227 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 24, 2013

10 by Berry-Vodka »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 226 Discussion

11 by Berry-Vodka »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 225 Discussion

9 by Berry-Vodka »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 224 Discussion

9 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 17, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 223 Discussion

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 17, 3:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.