Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 23, 2013 3:49 PM

Apr 2009
I'm surprised this episode was as peaceful as it was, then again I shouldn't have expected an emotional outburst from Kazusa of all people over this kind of thing.

Not yet, anyways.
Nov 23, 2013 4:05 PM
Nov 2013
the way the two are acting in the room was the best proof that no like Haruki attitude hugs and affection from Touma and Setsuna in this scene and leaving Touma into the bath along with Haruki shows that Setsuna loves Touma and not Haruki, another Kaurake example of where both left and left Haruki studying, my conclusion is that neither really loves Haruki always let down, never and always praise him abuse before alone than in bad company.
Nov 23, 2013 5:21 PM

Nov 2009
Man, which such a peaceful episode like this, it's gonna leave a big scar on my heart when drama starts kickin' in ;_;
All the feels .... Have been watching romance ani for years, already saw lots of trilove but none of them like WA2. Heck it's the first time I feel sorry for any of the two cause they're best friend but too bad, they fell in love with the same guy who turns to be their best friend as well.
Nov 23, 2013 6:09 PM
Jul 2018
decent episode. though i kinda hate the fanservice there.

vn readers, please don't spoil shit.
Nov 23, 2013 7:35 PM
Sep 2013
what's with this episode.. after 7 great episode they just put lot of fanservice here and ruin this episode..

i hope next week will have a better show than this one
Nov 23, 2013 7:42 PM

Aug 2012
hahailham1 said:
what's with this episode.. after 7 great episode they just put lot of fanservice here and ruin this episode..

i hope next week will have a better show than this one

This had more fanservice than the last episode? I couldn't even give a fuck about the fanservice overall
because it wasn't trying to be in-my-face or anything
and it didn't even detract from the story which is much much more important than the fanservice that nobody would even notice if they didn't put their mind into it
and the character interactions this episode was still more than fulfilling and the plot moved at a very steady pace
and yet this whole episode is ruined by fanservice?
It's like saying that the whole series of Game of Thrones is ruined because it has incest (not a spoiler).
Nov 23, 2013 8:21 PM
Jan 2013
"it was happy times or at least we pretended that it was happy"
Something along the lines of that really stood out :o
all the little things happening beneath the surface show the tension ;~;
bad things are gunna happen. no pls. T_T they're like a little family and setsuna is like the child lol. bu-bu-but Haruki has some feelings for Touma, but she doesn't want to ruin her friendship and-and-ajfkalsjfajsfla
why only 13 episodes. >:o
Nov 23, 2013 8:33 PM

Feb 2012
Woah! This was a nice episode to introduce the storm that's about to come in the next few episodes. Brilliant Idea. Loved it! Peaceful Episode!. Definitely the Calm before the storm.

I love how Kasuza and Setsuna interacted with each other despite their situations/true feelings for Haruki. The fanservice, interactions and the feels were just perfect to sum it all up. I nearly even cried at some points.

Definitely one of the best Romance themed show this year.
I don't get why this is so underrated.

Oh My. I can't really choose between the two main heroines. After seeing how lovable Setsuna is in this very episode. It's like Setsuna is on par with Kasuza now in my books. They're both likable. Arrrrgggghhhhhh.

I was really rooting for Kasuza a few weeks back but after this episode, I feel like they're on par with each other.

Nevertheless, A Brilliant episode 5/5
Nov 23, 2013 8:45 PM

Dec 2012
I got Setsuna x Kazusa vibes from this episode lol

I don't think Haruki is really in love with Setsuna. He just went with the flow at that time. And Setsuna is aware of it. Kazusa's feelings are unknown, although I'm pretty sure that she likes Haruki but she does not want to hurt her friend, Setsuna.
Nov 23, 2013 9:20 PM

Jun 2013
I sense a glimpse of chance for Kazusa. That's enough for me. Setsuna is beautiful , kind but Kazusa was meant to be for Haruki.

If this going to be on the Setsuna route , I'm going to jnhuabdanmfal.

Nonetheless , great episode , I couldn't careless about the fanservice.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Nov 23, 2013 10:13 PM
Sep 2012
Not as strong as the great episode 7, but it still shines. If only scenes like that would happen this Christmas for me, it would be my best Christmas ever. Haruki is such a wuss, though. Of course it's wrong to stare, but he should've manned up and at least caught a good look at his enviable harem when he had the chance.

All this talk about fanservice is meh to me. Everyone knows that Japanese (and Koreans) bathe nude in the onsen -- and they never actually showed anything. Those two girls joining Haruki is pretty realistic for people that close, the beautiful setting and the time of year - though of course, not as common as just girls.
Nov 23, 2013 10:29 PM

May 2012
Enjoyed this calm episode.
Nov 23, 2013 11:47 PM

Mar 2012
Well, the inevitable trainwreck begins. When Chikashi pointed out who he thinks Kitahara is really going for -- well, he didn't finish, but it's clear he was pointing to Kazusa -- both Io and Takeya immediately stopped him. Their attitude, on top of the guilt that Setsuna has demonstrated all this time, tells us that just about everyone other than Kazusa and Haruki themselves knows who the two of them really have feelings for. And it's kind of depressing, because Setsuna is really a good person (if she isn't, she'd be attempting to exclude Kazusa after she gets together with Haruki), but I don't see this turning out well for her.

Still, this episode features some superb characterization. It's amazing how well they flesh out the characters and show off their different sides and emotions without falling into bad cliches. If only every series can do as well in this department, anime in general would be a lot better.
Nov 24, 2013 2:16 AM

Apr 2012
Was a satisfying episode. Go, Kazusa!
Dies Irae! :)
Nov 24, 2013 2:29 AM

Jun 2011
OMFG!!! can this anime have an episode that is not great???? damn

How can we have such a great romance animes in this season like WA2 and GT. n i must not forget about Nagi no Asukara.
Nov 24, 2013 2:37 AM

Jan 2013
What a fantastic episode. I love this romance anime, maybe even more than Golden Time or Little Busters this season. They're all pretty close.
That hot tub scene was great, I like anime that focus on 2 or 3 characters
Nov 24, 2013 3:00 AM

May 2008
I hope that Gen Urobuchi takes over this anime from here on...
Nov 24, 2013 3:25 AM

Jan 2012
Amazing episode. And the higher we are, the harder we fall.
Nov 24, 2013 4:01 AM

Aug 2012
domdomdom said:

That would be amazing, but my heart wouldn't be able to take it.
Imagine that... a School Days that has a sensible but morbid logic to it...
Nov 24, 2013 4:13 AM
Oct 2013
Expected more drama but I guess it's just the calm before the storm. Still enjoyable.
Nov 24, 2013 4:44 AM
Jan 2013
White Album 2 is probably my favorite Anime this Season, only other one that might get close is golden time but can't compare them anyway.

Quite happy that there is a really good romance and upcoming drama after long long time. The story build up to a point where the "love" troubles and drama gonna start and I really look forward to the next episode.
Nov 24, 2013 5:03 AM
Jul 2013
vieri32 said:
Just think if Setsuna really love Haruki, she should never have spoken that Touma only it were a guy she would stay with him. I would never do this with my girlfriend, if so would be putting it as a second option.
What I mean is that Setsuna so chooses Haruki because Touma is a girl, that to me is not love, if I were the Haruki would not take any of the two and look for someone who really loves you, and not a person who likes and other leaves as a second option as Touma and Setsuna, Love is something you should not be doing things to hurt others.

maybe she meant that if Touma was a boy, they wouldn't have this problem as Setsuna wouldn't have to apologetic to Touma
Nov 24, 2013 5:10 AM

Aug 2013
Tennouji_ said:
>And the Winter begins.

So yeah, the shit-storm begins.

And I thought this episode will end on the

Explain yourself now...
Nov 24, 2013 5:12 AM

May 2008
Beaver897 said:
domdomdom said:

That would be amazing, but my heart wouldn't be able to take it.
Imagine that... a School Days that has a sensible but morbid logic to it...

THAT would be the perfect twist.
Nov 24, 2013 5:20 AM

Jun 2009
uyalucky said:
Explain yourself now...

Now there's only one person that Haruki can kiss without being called a cheater.
Nov 24, 2013 7:13 AM

Jun 2012
Dat quick glance of Setsuna's reaction to Haruki's reaction to the possibility that Touma might have a boyfriend next year
The romantic tension in this triangle keeps pulling and pulling.... Just waiting for the rubber band to snap
Nov 24, 2013 9:14 AM
Jul 2012
It was interesting to see how much Touma and Setsuna changed since the beginning. Touma was so friendly this episode while Setsuna was really open about her feelings to Touma. Touma seems to be trying to keep Haruki at a distance though with her constant reminders that he has a girlfriend and that he should only have his eyes on her.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Nov 24, 2013 9:32 AM

Aug 2010
Some really strong tension between the three. I feel as if Haruki is not sure which of the two he actually loves. He most likely has strong feelings for both.

Setsuna and Touma's relationship gained the most. I hope that no matter what happens between Haruki the two heroines still remain friends.
Nov 24, 2013 11:05 AM

Jul 2012
It's painfully obvious what's going to happen for the next few episodes, that I can't help but feel bad for
Alas, decent episode. Made me think about the topic of love and friendship, as well as the borderlines included. I think Touma's being a pretty good friend in this situation.

This reminds me of Kokoro Connect all over again.
MayukaNov 24, 2013 11:08 AM
Nov 24, 2013 11:16 AM

Aug 2013
That look Setsuna gave Haruki... So much tension in a "happy" trip.
Nov 24, 2013 11:36 AM

Jun 2013
Haruki has it tough... no matter who he chooses someone will get hurt. Option 3 would be to get a girlfriend who has nothing to do with the music club... but that would hurt both Setsuna and Kazusa.
Ahh what the hell, challenge the society and shoot for threesome ending dude! (yeah no way that'll happen)
Nov 24, 2013 12:38 PM

Mar 2010
HybridMBL said:
Dat quick glance of Setsuna's reaction to Haruki's reaction to the possibility that Touma might have a boyfriend next year
The romantic tension in this triangle keeps pulling and pulling.... Just waiting for the rubber band to snap

My thoughts exactly. I have a feeling they will make Haruki look like a jerk/asshole from now on. I didn't have any reaction when he started dating Ogiso, this anime so far is one of the rare times that I liked both the possible girls he could have dated.
Nov 24, 2013 1:23 PM

Aug 2013
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
Ahh what the hell, challenge the society and shoot for threesome ending dude! (yeah no way that'll happen)

I know it won't happen, but with the amount that all three of them love each other, it's not really a far-fetched scenario... Polyamory is a thing!
Nov 24, 2013 2:44 PM

Mar 2013
Beautiful episode.
I realized that I love Touma so much. She's so fragile despite everything.
That Haruki it's a lucky bastard. Anyway, I don't want to see a tragedy in this show, I wish they could stay as they are, that would be awesome.
Nov 24, 2013 5:26 PM
Sep 2009
Haruki's reaction to Kazusa possibly getting a boyfriend is a pretty big give away that he and Setsuna won't stick together for log.

Besides I'm pretty sure that you can see him and Kazusa kissing in the OP.

Episode wise I'm pleasantly surprised by how well characters are taking things. Usually we always have lots of drama by this point.
Nov 24, 2013 7:29 PM

Nov 2007
Setsuna is pretty earnest and all about her friendship with Kazusa but, don't you guys think she went a little overboard in this episode taking Kazusa in that bath when Kitahara was there?

A couple of big hints were dropped in this episode. Even Kitahara's friends noticed that he actually liked Kazusa and then Setsuna noticing Kitahara's reaction to Kazusa talking about having a boyfriend.

I like Setsuna. So, don't get me wrong. But I think Kazusa would be a better girlfriend IRL, as a woman, as a friend, and as a personality.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 24, 2013 8:18 PM
Nov 2013
shanimebib said:

I like Setsuna. So, don't get me wrong. But I think Kazusa would be a better girlfriend IRL, as a woman, as a friend, and as a personality.

For me tsunderes are not a good choice IRL. Kazusa seens to be more dominant, unhappy. I think Haruki is more attract for her figure and talent. He is masochist and he is taking the girl role. So, I really like Setsuna but Haruki doesn´t deserve it. Kazusa is his perfect couple in this situation.

Sorry for my bad english :)
Nov 24, 2013 9:03 PM

Sep 2013
Why did Haruki started dating Setsuna when he doesn't even seem in love with her? although i'm rooting for Setsuna i don't want them to end up like this. This episode is a slap on the face saying Kazusa is the main heroine and Setsuna is the fifth wheel.

This is True Tears all over again
Haruki = Shinichiro, Hiromi = Kazusa, Noe = Setsuna

It seems like Haruki is starting to become an indecisive bastard...

Mixed baths anyone?
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Nov 24, 2013 9:37 PM

Nov 2007
ScoutK said:
shanimebib said:

For me tsunderes are not a good choice IRL. Kazusa seens to be more dominant, unhappy. I think Haruki is more attract for her figure and talent. He is masochist and he is taking the girl role. So, I really like Setsuna but Haruki doesn´t deserve it. Kazusa is his perfect couple in this situation.

Sorry for my bad english :)

Nah. Tsunderes are pretty amazing when they are in love. ;)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 24, 2013 9:41 PM

Feb 2013
I really liked this chapter.
ohh what can i say, oh my Kazusa, she is such a good friend is almost painfull. Cuz, even if she doesnt know how to name it, we all know that she has something for Haruki. She said that she'd never fallen in love,and - most probably is scared about the idea - more now knowing that the guy she loves is her dearest friend lover.

I can't figure Setsuna tho. i know she has all this trouble about having true friends and all. But she is not making to much sense now, i have always seen her as someone very perseptive.

But, like. Until now, she knew Kazusa as her most potential rival in love. She was aware that Haruki, has strong feelings for her (not necessarily love) and got really uneasy. She even knew that Kazusa liked Haruki.
And now that she has him, is like idk. I think she is being selfish and idealistic. Why i say selfish? because she wants all, her Love and her pure, true unbreakable friendship and don't think about Kazusa's or Haruki's feeligs.

Like she really is pushing things too hard here. (not to mention the bath scene, wtf no need to show your bf your sexy friend/his potential crush naked) A wise idea would have been, spending a night with all her friends, and then stay with haruki alone in a more romantic plan.

Setsuna and Haruki, don't really look like lovers to me to be honest... Along this chapter i never saw 2 + 1 . Only 3 friends.

(i like Setsuna tho, and i found very cute her interactions with Kazusa)

idk idk idk. We will see what happens~~
Nov 24, 2013 10:35 PM

Jun 2008
AsianKungFu said:
Why did Haruki started dating Setsuna when he doesn't even seem in love with her?

Because he actually likes her to an extent, and after Kazusa's "rejection" and Setsuna's sudden confession, I doubt any guy would say no.

and please, why so quick on calling him an indecisive bastard? And I bet you'll still call him a bastard even when he actually makes a decision. That's how bad his dilemma is.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 25, 2013 12:36 AM
Jul 2018
AsianKungFu said:
Why did Haruki started dating Setsuna when he doesn't even seem in love with her?

Haruki deh big playa. You'll see this very often
Nov 25, 2013 12:39 AM

Nov 2009
AsianKungFu said:
Why did Haruki started dating Setsuna when he doesn't even seem in love with her? although i'm rooting for Setsuna i don't want them to end up like this. This episode is a slap on the face saying Kazusa is the main heroine and Setsuna is the fifth wheel.

This is True Tears all over again
Haruki = Shinichiro, Hiromi = Kazusa, Noe = Setsuna

It seems like Haruki is starting to become an indecisive bastard...

Mixed baths anyone?

He doesn't even love her? ...Are we even watching the same show here?

It's already shown that Haruki is attracted to Setsuna in some way.
We've also already been shown that Haruki is convinced that Kazusa doesn't seem to be attracted to him through a few implications it seems. He even told Kazusa directly that he started dating Setsuna. Setsuna made the first move, and she got her prize, simple as that; And he accepted it because he is also attracted to Setsuna, so at this point he still hasn't realized his true feelings on who he is actually attracted to.
There is no rule where you can only be attracted to a single girl or guy. So you could say he loves them both.
Love is all about indecisiveness if your rash with your decisions. That doesn't mean any of the people involved are to blame though, because you can't help but be rash when your experiencing something the first few times.
Nov 25, 2013 1:24 AM

Sep 2010
Ah...what a great episode. I appreciate how subtle they make certain things or at least try to. In my opinion...kazusa is clearly the better match for haruhi. She is more dominant and demanding but haruhi compliments her by providing her with emotional support which helps keep her grounded. Haruhi in return needs touma because she can guide him and make decisions. It's like a scorpio and pisces type relationship.

So I see them beneficial towards one another...with setsuna however, I can only see her as the only one who gets something from the relationship. It reminds me of kokou and banris relationship in golden time which is just give and take.
Nov 25, 2013 1:44 AM

Jun 2013
quite good episode.. but i kinda sad
because

well, my assumption is not 100% though
maybe around 60 - 70%
Nov 25, 2013 1:46 AM
Nov 2010
jman90 said:
It was interesting to see how much Touma and Setsuna changed since the beginning. Touma was so friendly this episode while Setsuna was really open about her feelings to Touma. Touma seems to be trying to keep Haruki at a distance though with her constant reminders that he has a girlfriend and that he should only have his eyes on her.

It also serves as a reminder for Touma...
I mean, if you are that close to someone you love, and you have to conceal your affection, sooner or later, your feelings will burst out like a dam the moment you forget about "the reminders".
Nov 25, 2013 2:00 AM
Nov 2010
Shino_812 said:
I really liked this chapter.
ohh what can i say, oh my Kazusa, she is such a good friend is almost painfull. Cuz, even if she doesnt know how to name it, we all know that she has something for Haruki. She said that she'd never fallen in love,and - most probably is scared about the idea - more now knowing that the guy she loves is her dearest friend lover.

I can't figure Setsuna tho. i know she has all this trouble about having true friends and all. But she is not making to much sense now, i have always seen her as someone very perseptive.

But, like. Until now, she knew Kazusa as her most potential rival in love. She was aware that Haruki, has strong feelings for her (not necessarily love) and got really uneasy. She even knew that Kazusa liked Haruki.
And now that she has him, is like idk. I think she is being selfish and idealistic. Why i say selfish? because she wants all, her Love and her pure, true unbreakable friendship and don't think about Kazusa's or Haruki's feeligs.

Like she really is pushing things too hard here. (not to mention the bath scene, wtf no need to show your bf your sexy friend/his potential crush naked) A wise idea would have been, spending a night with all her friends, and then stay with haruki alone in a more romantic plan.

Setsuna and Haruki, don't really look like lovers to me to be honest... Along this chapter i never saw 2 + 1 . Only 3 friends.

(i like Setsuna tho, and i found very cute her interactions with Kazusa)

idk idk idk. We will see what happens~~

That's how Setsuna aiming for her harem I guess. You have to do the impossible and kick reasons to the curb to get to the good ending.
Consider Setsuna before the festival, she was a loner, who had no friend. Now she has a boyfriend, and a best friend/love rival who even let go of her own feelings for the sake of Setsuna's happiness. Do you think Setsuna can let go of either her boyfriend or her best friend? Kinda hard for a former loner like Setsuna while her character is sweet and caring.
And bathing together apparently shows intimacy between party members in Japan, so stop pussing over the pool bath scene please.
Nov 25, 2013 3:05 AM

Jan 2008
Touma and Haruki do seem more like parents to Setsuna in a way.. it's like they're both afraid of her getting hurt and ignoring/not realizing their actual feelings as a result. It's an annoying situation just prolonging the inevitable.

Beaver897 said:
Why's the car a left-wheel drive? Aren't Japanese cars a right-wheel drive like Australian ones?

I'm guessing that the car is imported, as simple as that. Interesting detail though!
Nov 25, 2013 7:15 AM

Jun 2008
comochi said:

That thing in the spoiler doesn't mean anything, because:
-IC was linear
-Both Main females have their own ending in the VN.
It only works if WA2 was a generic harem romance, but this is adapted from a VN which has many routes and endings.

They can easily go with either routes. Heck, I really wish they can omnibus it like how it went with Amagami and Yosuga no Sora, because I really want to see "all the endings" in the anime.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 25, 2013 7:35 AM

Sep 2011
People please stop labeling your opinions as spoilers it's really stupid, and it makes it look like you have no idea what a spoiler is.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

856 by GingZ »»
Mar 1, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.