Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 21, 2013 6:48 PM
Sep 2009
I ask because there seems to be a fair amount of people who dislike or hate our main heroine, and questioning if she really has feelings for Banri.

Frankly, I absolutely love her, though I do see how she can rub people the wrong way. She's flippant, flighty, very irresponsible, and extremely clingy. Hell, from what we've seen of her father, even Kouko's parents think she's hopeless. However, this is exactly what I love so much about her. She's someone who lets her emotions rule her, she throws herself into situations recklessly without even thinking about consequences; even when she does think about it, she's none too bright. Because of this, there is so much potential for her character to grow. She's immature in handling both her actions and emotions; it would be marvelous to watch her mature and get a handle of them over the course of the series. She's already taken some steps towards this by starting a relationship with Banri, albeit the tiniest of baby-steps. I think her feelings for him are sincere, but come off as a bit forced because she's over-committing herself to him, just like she did with Mitsuo most of her life. While it seems to all be fine and dandy at the moment, I can see her behavior causing complications in the relationship further down the road. Really, so much of the show's potential lies within her, and I am really looking forward to what they do with her.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 21, 2013 6:52 PM

Apr 2013
I dislike her. She seems annoying and rude most of the time.
Nov 21, 2013 6:54 PM

Dec 2012
She is interesting but, I neither like nor dislike her. She is fine. And by the way, she reminds me of Holo but much more rude.
I like anime.
Nov 22, 2013 3:50 AM

Aug 2009
I like her, she is different but still the same kinda thing. If you consider all the other cutesy/annoying main heroines.
Nov 22, 2013 4:53 AM
Nov 2013
i dont know if many people hates her,

but, for me she is a perfect gilr in my dream !!

she is active,attractive, air-head , imaginative , spoiling , bold !!
not to mention her beauty and cuteness !!

summary, i made a post of golden time just because of her
http://www.animetakucomplex.com/golden-time-impressions/

:)

i've fallen in love with her now ( its been 3 - 4 years since i loved 2D girl )
Nov 22, 2013 6:12 AM
Nov 2013
I really like Kouko, she is the best part of the show. She act like a child but like you said she dosn´t hide her emotions like 99% of heroines does.

Whitout Kouko:

- Maybe Banri jump of the bridge for second time.
- Linda will never would take the microphone of Nana in the concert and scream in public.
- No mirrors of frienship
- No "my boyfriend"/"I love Youuu! scenes
- 2D-Kun act like a normal character, he really hate extremely happy couples.
- No more scenes with Kouko acting like a b**** (are funny for me)
- No one will fight with Mitsuo

And a lot more of things. You can hate Kouko but this show without her is less than average. With Kouko this is my favorite show of the season.
Nov 22, 2013 9:39 AM

Sep 2008
I don't like her...
I almost dropped this anime, because of her...
right now I watching it for "supporter" characters.
Nov 22, 2013 10:21 AM
Jul 2018
I don't like her, but I don't hate her either. But I don't think that she and Banri are a good romantic match. -shrug-
Nov 22, 2013 10:31 AM
Oct 2012
I like her. She's a bit clingy, she can be rude, but I think, deep down, she's a nice girl. Also she knows that she can be pushy and that drives people away from her so she feels bad about it. No one's there to comfort her when she has problems and I feel bad for her. I know what that feeling is to have no friends to talk to.
Nov 22, 2013 11:06 AM

Aug 2012
I don't hate her, but I don't particularly like her either.
.................................................................................
Nov 22, 2013 11:31 AM

May 2011
She has all the traits that would me make dislike her but I don't surprisingly. That can change if they don't develop her properly though.
Nov 22, 2013 11:48 AM

Aug 2013
I like her character design...

I haven't liked her much recently. She has been a bit too bitchy. I let it pass in the first few episodes because she was obsessed with Mitsuo and didn't receive any attention except from Banri.

Hopefully there is some "Ami Kawashima development" and probably some related drama. As of now she is that stereotypical superficial girl. Maybe that is the author's intention :3.
Nov 22, 2013 12:13 PM
Jul 2018
She is shaping up to be the most interesting and entertaining female love interest of all time. If you dont like her then something is wrong with YOU!
Nov 22, 2013 12:57 PM
Apr 2011
Kouko is the most annoying character in the show.
She's self-centered, pompous, arrogant, manipulative, and rude to just about everyone around her with little respect for anyone else's opinions or desires.

Further, I can't stand that people put up with her and that Banri continues to try and defend her actions. Call it infatuation, but it's excessive and unreal.

I hope Kouko finally pisses everyone off for good and they leave her with no friends.
Hell, I hoped they were going to ditch her at the amusement park - I might have.
haganbmjNov 22, 2013 1:10 PM
Nov 22, 2013 3:46 PM

Nov 2009
I'm not really a fan if I'm honest.

Linda is a much more down to earth...normal girl. Kouko is really arrogant and self-serving.

I don't even think she likes Banri in that way at the moment, it's some form of self gratification because she was rejected by Yana.

Maybe things will change but I doubt it.
Nov 22, 2013 3:55 PM

Jul 2013
Think I wouldn't be able to stand her irl but I think she makes the anime a lot more entertaining
Nov 22, 2013 4:17 PM

May 2011
I don't know really. It is a love and hate that I have with her.
Nov 22, 2013 4:25 PM

Apr 2012
kotae wa "NO"

i can't get myself to like her even if she's changed.
Nov 22, 2013 7:48 PM
Apr 2011
klonengan said:
haganbmj said:
Kouko is the most annoying character in the show.
She's self-centered, pompous, arrogant, manipulative, and rude to just about everyone around her with little respect for anyone else's opinions or desires.

Further, I can't stand that people put up with her and that Banri continues to try and defend her actions. Call it infatuation, but it's excessive and unreal.

I hope Kouko finally pisses everyone off for good and they leave her with no friends.
Hell, I hoped they were going to ditch her at the amusement park - I might have.

Just drop this anime or you will regret later,
This show is about kouko, You can see in the Opening and Ending , Kouko dominated this show.
If They canged the Anime title to "Kouko Time" , "Dayli life Kouko", "Kouko and Boyfriend" and etc. It doesn't matter.

You Hate kouko so much and you want ending idiot ending like that just drop this show or you will crying all the time and said "this is the worst anime ever" though you knew the ending since episode 1.

Thanks for the heads up klonengan, I had tried to find some information on the manga, but the information's a little scattered. Couldn't seem to get a sure answer on how relations unfolded, but I was willing to give it a shot to see if she improved a little once Banri took center stage.
Maybe I'm a little excessive, haha, but if I knew someone like that in real life I certainly wouldn't be able to stand them.
Nov 22, 2013 8:51 PM

Nov 2013
Hmmm. I like that she's not typical. She makes mistakes and then regrets them, but more normal mistakes (temper, lashing out) vs your typical Mary Sue anime girls. She's really naive, and I'm curious to see her grow.

I'm just wondering how they're going to get to 24 episodes X'D
Nov 23, 2013 9:57 AM
Jul 2018
Aeroing said:
Hmmm. I like that she's not typical. She makes mistakes and then regrets them, but more normal mistakes (temper, lashing out) vs your typical Mary Sue anime girls. She's really naive, and I'm curious to see her grow.

Well because im in love with this show i went and found as many novel spoilers as i could so...

Nov 23, 2013 10:57 AM

Feb 2009
She's too clingy. Creeps me out.
Nov 23, 2013 11:28 AM

Oct 2013
She's emotional, over the top, selfish, jealous, obnoxious, confrontational, obsessive, childish.

I don't like her, I love her. Not because I like those traits, but because she's actually closer to a normal girl than Linda or Chinami. She's flawed and has a lot of growing up to do, but she also has the self-awareness to do so.

Also, I love that with her, what you see is what you get. She puts herself, her insecurity and her nasty side out there completely. She's not the type to be nice to someone's face and then horrible behind their back.
Nov 23, 2013 11:29 AM

Jun 2013
I just love Linda more than her.
Nov 23, 2013 12:03 PM

Jun 2012
I really like her, and I like her even more when she is mean to Chinami. I don't like Chinami. Hopefully she'll just grow on me.
Shoot first, think never.
Nov 23, 2013 12:04 PM

Oct 2010
I absolutely adore her character. I personally think she has one of the best personalities for a main girl in a romcom. Why? That would be because she's one of the few that strike me as realistic and I can identify with her character easily because of that. I was honestly getting sick of tsunderes and seemingly perfect girls being the mains for romcoms, so I find Koko quite refreshing. I like that she has flaws and shows traits that a lot of girls in the real world have. Relationships aren't perfect. Partners can be selfish sometimes, there can be jealousy, there is confrontation sometimes, they can be very emotional, etc. I like that Koko brings all of this to the table. It's very rare that I don't route for "the other girl" or a side character to end up with the main guy, but for once (well, not once, but it's incredibly rare) I'm routing for the main girl/main pairing.
Nov 23, 2013 12:23 PM

Nov 2007
She was okay at first, but now I'm hating her first.

First she led on Banri and tried to friend zone. Then comes running back to him. Does she actually love him or just like him being her servant?

She's just annoying at this point. I doubt as obsessed with Mitsuo as she was that she's already over him.
Nov 23, 2013 7:59 PM

Nov 2013
mystik said:
She was okay at first, but now I'm hating her first.

First she led on Banri and tried to friend zone. Then comes running back to him. Does she actually love him or just like him being her servant?

She's just annoying at this point. I doubt as obsessed with Mitsuo as she was that she's already over him.

I want to say of course she wanted to friend zone him D: Banri literally said it himself that he was being unfair confessing to her at the time she did (and it was so unfair...). Then he ran off and what could she do? The boy was about to throw himself off a bridge. She pretty much had to confess. I think he was the jerk to her, honestly...
Nov 28, 2013 5:46 PM

Mar 2012
Personality- shit
looks- ok
Nov 28, 2013 5:48 PM

Feb 2013
I love Kouko so much.

Nov 28, 2013 6:44 PM

Jun 2013
Somehow, I really love her. I dunno, she has so many flaws and I like that about her. She's also not your typical female lead.
Nov 28, 2013 6:52 PM

Feb 2012
Yes, I do and you got a problem with that??
Nov 28, 2013 7:16 PM
Jan 2011
She is interesting when bashing Miss ultrasonic. But dealing with someone like that in real life would drive you insane.But she does make this show entertaining. The Linda character seems better but she took forever with Banri and dragging him along. I rather Banri end up with Kouko.
Nov 28, 2013 7:19 PM
Jan 2011
DLshoujofan said:
Aeroing said:

Well because im in love with this show i went and found as many novel spoilers as i could so...

I expected that. A relationship that one sided never lasts. You both have to bring something to the table and then have separates lives with friends. You can't just have someone that wants to be around you 24/7 and dived deep into the relationship.
Nov 28, 2013 7:43 PM

Oct 2010
at least she is honest unlike other character who wear mask to deceive others
Signature Removed
Nov 28, 2013 8:02 PM

Jul 2010
Hell yes. Rooting Kouko x Banri all the way.
Nov 28, 2013 8:13 PM

Jan 2013
linda
follow me on tumblr @ http://x-hentai.tumblr.com/
Nov 29, 2013 6:51 PM

Dec 2011
I love Kouko like a lot. I don't Kouko is rude at all, I feel like when she is acting rude she is just putting up a facade.
Nov 29, 2013 9:52 PM
Jan 2013
I love Koko. She's adorable. Yeah, she has a bunch of horrible traits, but I think she's down-to-earth in the way that she doesn't try to hide her bad side.

I think her character will get better though; I'd be shocked at anything besides deep character development.

I feel worried about her and Banri's relationship. They love each other, they've both confessed, but we saw how extreme she was with Mitsuo. There's only so much Banri can take. Sigh...

Don't know yet if I'm shipping Banri with Koko or Linda. I guess I'll find out after a few more episodes.
Nov 30, 2013 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
You want to know why i love koko

Look at episodes 6-8 Vs 9

eps 6-8 tons of koko, tons of lols and even a few feels

ep 9 sad absent koko + overly extended flashback of linda/ghost banri = most boring ep of season.

Although i get that 9 is probably setting up some important stuff (obviously with the ending twist) the whole energy of the show goes down when Kokou is gone. It turns into white album or some other crappy rom anime with no heart or levity.

Ive said it several times now

Kokou= best female LC in recent anime history

Not a tsundere (which i love bet)
Not a wilting flower
Not a rei ayaname clone
Not a perfect princess
Not a childhood friend (kinda)

Actually has a personality even though it can be annoying
Goes after what she wants
Has real flaws not "anime" flaws
Resembles a real 19 year old girl in a relationship
Funny as hell
Commands you attention

I swear i just think people that dont like here are probably guys who are generally scared of girls like her in real life. I know anime is a place for fantasy and escapism, but i am thoroghly enjoying seeing a show where the female love interest is not this perfect dream girl who will never challenge a guys manhood or fight for what she wants or act annoying or insecure. Also ITS NOT SET IF A FRICKEN HIGH SCHOOL.

love this anime/love koko
Nov 30, 2013 1:47 PM

Jul 2013
I LOVE KOKO.

THATS WHY IM GONNA STOP WATCHING THE SHOW BECAUSE I CANT WATCH KOKO GO THROUGH THE BANRI SWITCH!!!
Nov 30, 2013 3:40 PM

Jul 2010
Crimmys said:
I LOVE KOKO.

THATS WHY IM GONNA STOP WATCHING THE SHOW BECAUSE I CANT WATCH KOKO GO THROUGH THE BANRI SWITCH!!!

No worries, it will probably end with her anyways.
Nov 30, 2013 4:42 PM

Oct 2013
I love kouko, she's so lovely..
"If you trip while running down a hallway, you will got nosebleed. If you trip in life, you cry" Minori Kushieda

"This world is merciless, and it's also beautiful" Mikasa Ackerman

"A lesson without pain is meaningless" Edward Elric
Nov 30, 2013 6:59 PM

Jul 2013
Akanezora said:
Crimmys said:
I LOVE KOKO.

No worries, it will probably end with her anyways.

Mod edit
Spoiler button added.
AversaDec 8, 2013 1:17 PM
Nov 30, 2013 8:59 PM

May 2009
Crimmys said:

AversaDec 8, 2013 1:19 PM
Dec 1, 2013 12:22 AM

Aug 2012
I probably had dropped this series eons ago if not for Linda. Kouko is an eyesore to me. She's so self-centered (her appearance itself shouts "LOVE ME BECAUSE I LOVE YOU" imo). Her interactions with Oka-chan also annoys the hell out of me.
I hope that she change for the good, she's the main heroine anyway.
Dec 1, 2013 12:26 AM
Jan 2013
julyan04 said:
I probably had dropped this series eons ago if not for Linda. Kouko is an eyesore to me. She's so self-centered (her appearance itself shouts "LOVE ME BECAUSE I LOVE YOU" imo). Her interactions with Oka-chan also annoys the hell out of me.
I hope that she change for the good, she's the main heroine anyway.

Linda the main heroine?
You must of be watching a different show....
Dec 1, 2013 12:34 AM
Jan 2013
Ah sorry my bad it's still morning here ^^

I don't think she has to change a lot anymore, the major change allready happened. Banri initiated a develepement and i still believe it will be her with her feelings for banri that will manage to get rid of the ghost again.

And I have to admit i dislike linda, she lies, decieves and might be the origin of Banri's Amnesia
Dec 1, 2013 2:12 AM
Sep 2009
Kouko > all
Linda - mid tier slut.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

890 by daviddark27 »»
Apr 18, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.