Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 19, 2013 11:34 PM

Nov 2012
Cresherhsm said:
ShigyC said:
Souunds like a 2-chapter episode. My speculation was right this time
In this case, next ep. should have at least three, also judging from the title.

It's Doctor BLYTHE! And she's got purple hair. o.o

I hope so, three chapter episodes are tasty. What's the title of the next episode? :o
It usually says in the previews.
Nov 19, 2013 11:44 PM
Sep 2013
Nope- said:
Cresherhsm said:
ShigyC said:
Souunds like a 2-chapter episode. My speculation was right this time
In this case, next ep. should have at least three, also judging from the title.

It's Doctor BLYTHE! And she's got purple hair. o.o

I hope so, three chapter episodes are tasty. What's the title of the next episode? :o
It usually says in the previews.

Saw it, thanks!
Nov 19, 2013 11:48 PM
May 2013
2 things I'd like to comment on
First, am I the only one getting a similar vibe of Scheherazade's tale in One Thousand and One Nights on the whole King/Komugi story? A tale where the King kept this girl alive because of her captivating stories always leaving at a cliffhanger at the end of the day so he spares her life for the next day to finish the story. At the end the King fell in love and married her. So not quite sure it's gonna end up like that but I'm curious whether Togashi had some inspiration to it.

Second, I don't think many people realized this but I think this is the first time where the Meruem the King himself was "commanded" (forced) by a someone especially a human at that. Simply amazing development here.

p.s. I also wonder if Togashi used to play Metal Gear Solid back in the day cuz that ridiculous grass suit reminded a lot of Snake infiltrating around in a box hahaha
Nov 20, 2013 2:21 AM

Oct 2013
Cresherhsm said:
Writing level over 9000!

Another week and another great episode of Hunter x Hunter, Madhouse did a great job of animating one of my favorite sequences in this arc. Also, I'm surprised that they decided to cover 2 chapters this episode, I guess they just wanted to flesh out this part of the arc. That aside, seeing the amazing job Madhouse has done so far together with their work on Kaiji continues to remind me that they truly are the right studio for this anime (and this arc in particular). I really REALLY can't wait for the palace invasion, it's going to be 20+ straight episodes of godly writing and unending fangasms.

You got me all excited!!! Please don't spoil, please don't spoil aaaaaaaaa I can't wait :P.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Nov 20, 2013 6:15 AM

Oct 2008
Nope- said:
Dangerr said:
Nope- said:
gedata said:
Knov's gonna prove his worth soon.

look forward to it
Lol indeed.

Nov 20, 2013 7:27 AM

Aug 2013
Another great episode. The dynamics between Meryem and Komugi really isn't something you see everyday.
Nov 20, 2013 10:53 AM

Jun 2009
Great stuff, the scenes between Mereum and Komugi really add alot to an. Already solid arc. I too was worried for Knov at the end there, the narrator saying it's their best and only chance Roget really increased the tension.

It's awesome that this show can be so awesome without the main characters.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 20, 2013 1:47 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Komugi has such a strong resolve when she bet her life if she lost even a single Gungi match.
Didn't expect the King to rip off his own arm.
Pitou's Doctor Blyte nen abilty is pretty cool. It can even recreate flesh.
Both Knov and Palm are going to infiltrate the palace.
Cannot wait for next week. Looks like Knov is going to show off another one of his abilities.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 20, 2013 4:38 PM

May 2013
Another great set of scenes with the King and Komugi, I can't get enough of them.
There is also so much tension building up...

Neferpitou to me is a she, unless it is proved otherwise.
VerumirNov 20, 2013 4:41 PM
Nov 20, 2013 5:13 PM

Nov 2013
Haha Komugi is so badass and grosss! Where did that email come from? Were they reading his mind?? I miss Gon and Killua! what are those little guys up to?
Nov 20, 2013 6:02 PM

Sep 2012
Pretty awesome episode, there were many good moments and i really looking forward to what hapends to the next episode.
Nov 20, 2013 7:49 PM

Aug 2010
Great episode once again.
Nov 20, 2013 8:17 PM

Sep 2013
I've got a hunch from the preview and reading further that 106 will be another 2 chapters. But, on the bright side, it'll contain filler instead of some needless dragging. It might even cliffhang by the beginning of 253.
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Nov 21, 2013 4:51 AM

Apr 2010
good episode~~
Nov 21, 2013 5:54 AM

Dec 2008
Palm is beautiful when she cleans up! I smell some sexual harassment coming soon.
If I were the Gungi player, I'd wish for nasal decongestant and Kleenex. Unsightly!

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 21, 2013 6:43 AM

Jul 2009
One of my favorite things about this series is the narration. The narrators voice acting coveys the suspense and tension very well.

I never understood how Japanese voice acting is very sophisticated and full of nuance yet when it comes to film acting, most modern Japanese actors overact and exaggerate. Why is there such a disparity in the quality of the performances between Japanese voice acting and regular Japanese acting?
Nov 21, 2013 7:25 AM

Feb 2013
the tense so high in knov part
Nov 21, 2013 11:20 AM

Jul 2009
I keep rewatching the overlapping ending song with the narration!
Nov 21, 2013 1:12 PM

May 2013
GoGo_Dominatrix said:
Palm is beautiful when she cleans up! I smell some sexual harassment coming soon.
If I were the Gungi player, I'd wish for nasal decongestant and Kleenex. Unsightly!

Sent with Mal Updater

You said that every episode she has been shown, are you going to repeat that for the next 30 episodes? lmao
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Nov 21, 2013 4:08 PM

Nov 2012
Envyus said:
bewareofhisoka said:
Well M
Siddyus said:
Katagari said:
jayvon said:
THIS EPISODE SUCKED IT WAS GARBAGE HUNTER X HUNTER SUCKS!!!

Lol jp, Did anybody else see that? The fucking king ripped his arm off! And Neferpitou is so cute too bad Gon wants to kill her. She reminds me of Black Hanekawa a little bit. And what a creepy power she has I mean what the fuck was that thing? If I saw somthing like that at the age of 12 I would so totally get nightmares. And the "real" prime minister is such a pervert. I feel sorry for those women.

Neferoitou is actually male, or so I am told...

Liking these matches between the King and girl, nice seeing the King so disgruntled like that lol.

They say its only in the manga. Madhouse apparently made her female in the anime. It is still disputed, but the majority of the anime fans considers it as a she.

Well Madhouse didn't exactly say it is a she. He/She has not shown any outright evidence of having boobs at all. I think they thought it would be funny to add a bust so then people can go crazy debating over it forever and ever. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Actually the manga never stated what Gender Pitou had. The anime has with Colt and Peggy calling her a girl. Added on Pitou very clearly has Breasts in the anime.

Well Neferpitou has breast or visible bulges in her shirt so My mind automatically registers it as female. And I doubt it's a freaking Tranny-sub-human-insect-cat, if thats the case I think I'm going to be sick.
AichiroNov 21, 2013 4:12 PM
Nov 21, 2013 6:58 PM

Nov 2013
Just as usual, another brilliant Hunter X Hunter episode

Character wise, it was perfect, the dialogue and the Gungi matches between Meruem and Komugi was great character development for the King and also for Komugi when we learn a little about her and how dedicated she is to Gungi, she is now, along with the King, one of my favourite anime characters. I've read the manga and I'm starting to get the feels already
"Now, let us drink. Let us drink. Drink to the human race. In every age, there will be good humans and bad humans. Human life is too long to devote to reproduction, yet too short to devote to learning, in the helix of time. Perhaps that is why humans succumb to desire and seek release. Despite the fact that life is complete with the sun, the land and poetry." Supreme Leader Diego(Real) (Hunter x Hunter 2011)
Nov 21, 2013 9:45 PM

Sep 2012
Oh hell yeah! Palm is going to be involved with her own genius infiltration plan!
Seems like this arc is finally getting started.
Nov 22, 2013 4:20 AM

Aug 2013
it feels like he fell in love lol (if it shojo anime :P)
Amazing episode :3 can't wait monday

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Nov 22, 2013 8:06 AM
Dec 2011
Haine15 said:

Inb4 "HaremXHarem", or "My little Gungi champion can't be this constipated!".

Synopsis: Meruem has it all: he's handsome, rich, powerful, lives in a palace and has a cute cat girl childhood friend as a servant. There's only one problem - he's still a virgin! His cold heart won't allow any girls near him, and he lives as a recluse, spending day after day playing games in his room. One day, however, a girl ends up in his house - she's goofy and apparently unable to life by herself, yet incredibly skilled at games. Will Meruem finally start feeling something for someone other than himself? And will he be able to really live out his romance? Part "The world god only knows", part "The pet girl of Sakurasou", this harem romcom will make you squeal for the moeness!

(WARNING: actual experience might vary and include dismemberment, disembowelment, suicide, murder, explicit sex references, and generally dark and depressing themes. Awesome is included)
Nov 22, 2013 8:29 AM
Oct 2011
Gan_HOPE326 said:
Haine15 said:

Synopsis: Meruem has it all: he's handsome, rich, powerful, lives in a palace and has a cute cat girl childhood friend as a servant. There's only one problem - he's still a virgin! His cold heart won't allow any girls near him, and he lives as a recluse, spending day after day playing games in his room. One day, however, a girl ends up in his house - she's goofy and apparently unable to life by herself, yet incredibly skilled at games. Will Meruem finally start feeling something for someone other than himself? And will he be able to really live out his romance? Part "The world god only knows", part "The pet girl of Sakurasou", this harem romcom will make you squeal for the moeness!

(WARNING: actual experience might vary and include dismemberment, disembowelment, suicide, murder, explicit sex references, and generally dark and depressing themes. Awesome is included)
The yandere of the story:
http://animeaura.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Hunter-x-Hunter-86-7.jpg
Nov 22, 2013 8:39 AM

May 2013
THIS IS THE BEST ANIME EVER I SRSLY HAVE NO COMPLAINS
Nov 22, 2013 12:53 PM
Sep 2013
Candor said:
Gan_HOPE326 said:
Haine15 said:

The yandere of the story:
http://animeaura.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Hunter-x-Hunter-86-7.jpg

Nov 22, 2013 3:26 PM
Dec 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
We need "Zawa Zawa" sounds during the Gungi matches... excellent episode.

This.
Nov 23, 2013 12:03 AM

Dec 2011
They have finally shown Bizef. The infiltration is getting near! Can't wait.

Seeing Knov infiltrate the castle is quite scary yet exciting at the same time.

Also, the King sure is so humiliated by Komugi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2013 11:18 AM

Oct 2013
AlexandreEsteves said:
WTF is that thing, Pitou? o.O
The skills and powers lately are very surreal and weird, looks like One Piece.
Where is that essense of Hunter Shiken and York Shin? =/

But is the first time that Meruem accepted do a thing that doesn't want. I liked it. =D

Still those powers are really creative, wouldn't actually say that they look like in One Piece. Maybe a a little
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Nov 23, 2013 3:24 PM

Jun 2013
AlexandreEsteves said:
WTF is that thing, Pitou? o.O
The skills and powers lately are very surreal and weird, looks like One Piece.
Where is that essense of Hunter Shiken and York Shin? =/

But is the first time that Meruem accepted do a thing that doesn't want. I liked it. =D

Not a chance they look like One piece..
Nov 23, 2013 4:08 PM

Nov 2013
Fucking good episode,love when the king bitchslapped shaiapouf. The invasion is going to make me fucking cry again
Nov 24, 2013 8:58 PM
Sep 2013
ShigyC said:
I've got a hunch from the preview and reading further that 106 will be another 2 chapters. But, on the bright side, it'll contain filler instead of some needless dragging. It might even cliffhang by the beginning of 253.

What do you mean by that? By filler do you mean elaborating on some scenes such as Knov investigating the palace? And by "needless dragging" are you referring to the prolonged scenes with no talking that are prevalent in two chapter episodes?

If what you say happens to be the case, then that strengthens my confusion regarding the pacing recently. HxH is airing in a midnight time slot, even if they did save up some money for this arc (as you and Dangger theorized in the other thread), it would still be in the studio's best interest to cover as much ground as possible while maintaining quality storytelling. The palace invasion is right around the corner so if they want to blow their savings, it’s best that they blow it then. If your theory is correct and Madhouse has saved money for this arc then I hope they saved enough. The anime has enough material to last three more cours (that are heavily packed with action). If Madhouse is lacking funds to maintain this level of animation quality in the long run, then the most logical path of action would be to animate three chapters per episode if possible. I still have no idea as to why MH chose to cover two chapters during episodes 103 and 105 despite having every reason to adapt three. Even if the animation has remained more or less the same after the rotation, I'm worried that they might not have enough gas in the tank to last 25-40 more episodes at current production values.

Even if two chapter episodes are good (anything below 2 is bad), three chapter episodes are just so much better, especially for this part of the arc where the main characters are absent from the story. Taking a detour from the main cast is a good thing to do from a writing standpoint, especially after what happened to Killua but these detours can’t be too long. If they decide to go two chapters for the next two episodes then that make it 4 episodes without any of the main cast.

You might be right though, the preview doesn't have anything from 253 so the only thing going for speculations of the next episode covering three chapters would be the title.

About the title..
CresherhsmNov 24, 2013 9:13 PM
Nov 24, 2013 10:24 PM

Sep 2013
Cresherhsm said:

You might be right though, the preview doesn't have anything from 253 so the only thing going for speculations of the next episode covering three chapters would be the title.

About the title..
TrollHouse cookies...

But, from the titles - episode 107 will contain ch. 255, and 108 will have at least ch. 257.
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Nov 24, 2013 10:29 PM
Sep 2013
ShigyC said:
Cresherhsm said:

About the title..
TrollHouse cookies...

But, from the titles - episode 107 will contain ch. 255, and 108 will have at least ch. 257.

Tasty :P
Nov 25, 2013 3:28 AM

Jul 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Knov's infiltration is tense as hell. Can't wait to see what happens to him after this infiltration (manga readers know what I'm talking about ;) XD

I have no doubt that he is going to die now after reading what you just said, now I won't be surprised.
MinagatachiNov 25, 2013 3:31 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2013 6:33 AM
Oct 2011
Minagatachi said:
Barion-Zara said:
Knov's infiltration is tense as hell. Can't wait to see what happens to him after this infiltration (manga readers know what I'm talking about ;) XD

I have no doubt that he is going to die now after reading what you just said, now I won't be surprised.
I doubt anyone would laugh about a character's death in a serious not humor-centered show.
Nov 25, 2013 8:44 AM
May 2013
Minagatachi said:
Barion-Zara said:

Oh, it's Hunter x Hunter.
No matter what happens you'll still be surprised.

Nov 25, 2013 12:24 PM

Feb 2013
yeah let's just stop talking about what hasn't happened yet, episode airs tomorra people, hold your horses
Nov 25, 2013 10:16 PM

Mar 2009
Gan_HOPE326 said:
Haine15 said:

This is a great post.
Dec 1, 2013 2:16 AM
Sep 2013
Really interesting episode.
They now how to tense something up.
The next episode could be interesting.
i wonder if knov could succeed with his infiltrate
Dec 5, 2013 1:23 AM

Mar 2010
ahahaha! Putin, is that you? xD
Do pop-up headlights really endanger pedestrians that much?
Dec 13, 2013 12:54 AM

Jan 2012
man i could watch 5 episodes of the king and komugi and his internal struggles
seriously, the tension over a board game i dont understand is golden. i feel vaguely sorry for the guards who just have the kings best interests in mind. so good.
Dec 16, 2013 12:58 AM

Jun 2012
It's getting ever closer! =D

Jan 5, 2014 3:56 PM

Mar 2012
Palm be looking gud.
Jan 9, 2014 3:15 AM

Jul 2013
fuck! that girl is making me cry dammit.. Palm is a whore.. I don't care whatever happens to her.
Jan 11, 2014 5:30 PM

Dec 2011
Lol here I was hoping that the King was gonna kill Shaiapouf but that Gungi girl just had to say something

Jan 12, 2014 7:50 PM

Aug 2008
It was so stressful to watch, as I worried if a surprise attack will occur to Knov!
Mar 22, 2014 2:20 AM

Dec 2013
Excellent. This is how tension is done! This is how build up is done!!
Love and Peace!!!
Apr 22, 2014 10:12 AM
Oct 2009
so I see how the Gunji girl is gonna help the king's destruction, she gave them the perfect opportunity to infiltrate.

for a moment there I thought that Palm was dead, but then I was like: nahh
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Yesterday

54 by Otaku_4511 »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
4 hours ago

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Yesterday, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.