Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 18, 2013 9:52 AM

Dec 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
AAAH that was so funny to watch <3 I really missed the first opening.

Mio make me laugh a lot in the episode, and Saitou vs Riki vas pretty good to watch too.
I'm glad that they added some of Kurugaya conversation with the girls... but in the bathroom xD nice fanservice too.

Anyways, Saitou is the best.
BunnerzNov 18, 2013 10:35 AM
Nov 18, 2013 10:11 AM

Nov 2011
Pretty funny episode overall. Kurugaya was pretty hot.

Lol @ the mask in the second half, seriously. Poor Kud though. The school drama was also funny. Kurugaya ftw in this.
Nov 18, 2013 10:34 AM

Feb 2013
That was worth it for the laughs!
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Nov 18, 2013 10:44 AM

Sep 2012
Was kick the can in this? Since no one mentioned it I guess not :'(
Alright just watched it LOL
Apparently everyone gets KOed in the same position as rin and kyousuke from season 1 xD
egnaro15Nov 18, 2013 11:02 AM
Nov 18, 2013 11:24 AM

Jul 2013
egnaro315 said:
Apparently everyone gets KOed in the same position as rin and kyousuke from season 1 xD

where can i watch it???
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Nov 18, 2013 11:26 AM

Sep 2012
sanata50lbsb said:
egnaro315 said:

where can i watch it???

Someone provided a link in the visual novel discussion!
Nov 18, 2013 1:19 PM

Dec 2011
LOL they just deleted my post with the link, anyways the raw is up in nyaa page and if somebody not find it just PM me.

Oh, and I just noticed that they changed some things in the ED xDD Haruka face was glorious. http://i.imgur.com/ElmFsgH.png
BunnerzNov 18, 2013 1:27 PM
Nov 18, 2013 2:44 PM

Jan 2011
Oh wow, this is just hilarious. More Mio screen time <33
Tasuku- said:
Oh, and I just noticed that they changed some things in the ED xDD Haruka face was glorious. http://i.imgur.com/ElmFsgH.png

Ooo, I was about to point that out too XD. Best part of the ending.
Also, anyone noticed Saya? http://imgur.com/eKDILlf,TVulpp8
dizzyworld2Nov 18, 2013 2:51 PM
Nov 18, 2013 2:53 PM

Feb 2013
dizzyworld2 said:
Oh wow, this is just hilarious. More Mio screen time <33
Tasuku- said:

Ooo, I was about to point that out too XD. Best part of the ending.
Also, anyone noticed Saya? http://imgur.com/eKDILlf,TVulpp8

Always Saya. <3
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Nov 18, 2013 3:35 PM

Jul 2010
Kyousuke as Mask the Saito animated is the most hilarious thing ever.
Nov 18, 2013 5:32 PM

Dec 2011
NayukiShiina said:

Fabulous Kyousuke is fabulous
http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1384/82/1384823346260.gif LOL
Nov 18, 2013 6:42 PM

Aug 2011
GODDAMN, this episode was awesome! XD

It's a nice feeling to go back to common route when Little Busters was all fun & games.
Nov 18, 2013 6:50 PM
Nov 2013
Chances of it being subbed anytime soon?

Also, Mio <3
Nov 18, 2013 7:02 PM

Sep 2012
Tasuku- said:
NayukiShiina said:

Heh, they already archived my gif I put on /a/.
This OVA is hilarious. I was glad to get the Goddamn part with Kud and Kurugaya that I've been waiting for.
This episode had plenty of Kurugaya screentime, and I wish everyone got to see it before watching her arc in the anime for some more love and attachment to her character ;x
Nov 18, 2013 8:05 PM

Sep 2012
Tasuku- said:
LOL they just deleted my post with the link, anyways the raw is up in nyaa page and if somebody not find it just PM me.

OMG I regret being so rash and skipping the OP and ED because I was so sure they didn't change anything LOL
Nov 18, 2013 8:06 PM

Feb 2012
OMG the Little Busters anime adaptation ACTUALLY made me laugh instead of just smile at most? What is this sorcery?! oh yeah, it is the majestic Kurugaya's pranks, the one scene I have been wanting to see since I played the VN :D

but lost a point from my score for unnecessary fanservice
rodacNov 18, 2013 11:01 PM
Nov 18, 2013 9:18 PM

Sep 2012
I swear if JC uses that crying animation in
I'm gonna cry in a bad way.
rodacNov 18, 2013 11:02 PM
Nov 18, 2013 11:04 PM

Jan 2011
Mod Note: Don't spoil--use tags. Don't post or ask for links.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 19, 2013 2:21 AM

Mar 2013
Saya appeared for 37 times from what I can count.
Nov 19, 2013 3:02 AM

Sep 2011
This was quite hilarious. The ED change was funny too, and the scene after... Very well done episode xD
"Now's the time for you to run towards the day you awaken from this dream."

~Boys be Smile
Nov 19, 2013 12:22 PM

Aug 2011
Mio is way too cute...

UNDORYA!
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Nov 19, 2013 1:31 PM

Mar 2012
good to see all the girls again :D poor Kud (and maybe more poor Komari) though; but was really funny; just reminded me of when in the VN Kurugaya made all the girls play pranks on Komari.
to bad they used some CGI to animate Mask the Saitou
I give this 10/10

hope someone subs this soon; still have to rewatch this 2 times when it is subbed and when my own copy arrives on big TV screen!
Nov 19, 2013 3:21 PM

Aug 2013
at some point you can pretty much see all of saya's face (20minute7seconds ish)
Nov 19, 2013 3:22 PM

Aug 2013
But I swear she teleports lmao... one part shes behind a crowd, next thing you know shes on the other side XD
Nov 19, 2013 5:14 PM

Aug 2011
Khalan3 said:
good to see all the girls again :D poor Kud (and maybe more poor Komari) though; but was really funny; just reminded me of when in the VN Kurugaya made all the girls play pranks on Komari.
to bad they used some CGI to animate Mask the Saitou
I give this 10/10

hope someone subs this soon; still have to rewatch this 2 times when it is subbed and when my own copy arrives on big TV screen!

well we already finished translating all of it, now we just gotta go through the rest of the process before releasing it.
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Nov 19, 2013 6:29 PM

Sep 2011
21:26 Riki's girl voice came out? XD
"Now's the time for you to run towards the day you awaken from this dream."

~Boys be Smile
Nov 20, 2013 3:07 AM

Jul 2008
Ecchi bustersXD
Saya in background
and hilarous ending
Nov 20, 2013 3:12 AM

Sep 2012
OLHearts said:
21:26 Riki's girl voice came out? XD

I just noticed omg! And I thought his voice was already feminine, It's like Kouko suddenly appeared for a second.
Nov 20, 2013 3:16 AM

Apr 2012
Emg, enjoy this episode! Especially the battle rankings, Mio,Kud and also Rin following Kurugaya's advise, Saya appearing all over the place, Mask the Saito's debut and especially that ending, almost made me fall out of my chair~ XD

Now I really want that mask~

VR-YanNov 20, 2013 1:38 PM
Nov 20, 2013 6:38 PM

Aug 2013
Tasuku- said:
NayukiShiina said:

kyousuke can defy the law of gravity
Nov 20, 2013 8:43 PM

Jul 2010
Man that was hilarious plus animated fan service of the girls.
Nov 20, 2013 11:32 PM

Aug 2012
Saya was all over the place! I love it!.. Very funny episodes. I lost count on how many times I laughed.
Nov 24, 2013 8:15 PM

Dec 2012
Loved the OVA. 8/10

I´m really glad because the´ve adapted every "Go see what the girls talking about", that´s a good point.
I wanted to see all the battles, but I know this was more focused on Riki and Saito.
Dat Saya was everywhere. I´m still wating for ME! full translation, so I can finally play her route.

+10000 for dat "Haruka - Mio" moment in the showers. I was really missing the old ending, I know it can sond weird, but brings me some nostalgia of when I got intrested on this series...

On the other hand, let´s see how it goes with Refrain, it´s letting me a better taste than the first season.

This is how it all begins.

My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
Nov 25, 2013 11:11 PM

Sep 2012
I guess this episode is also in the VN ? The whole thing looks pretty like an absurd comedy to me. And it seems to mix in at least two parts - the main plot about Saitou and the ranking game but there are a whole bunch of Kurugaya tricking various girls to say weird things. It kind of breaks up the continuity of the story of the ranking game (and the sense of time too as I cannot tell whether those Kurugaya vignettes are flashbacks or in a sequential timeline with the ranking game plot) but I can see why it is done this way.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 27, 2013 4:06 AM

Sep 2012
Mm, the Little Busters OVA isn't a 1:1 adaptation of stuff from the VN. The bath and changing scenes are anime-original, but incorporate some of the jokes that were originally spaced out through the common route but were never adapted in the main anime series.
They tried to make the screenplay more exciting rather than keeping them all as jokes they told during baseball practice jokes.
The Saito thing probably wouldn't serve well as its own plot in the entire episode. Also, the Saito thing is supposed to be as silly and absurd as the comedy, with Saito spinning through the air and going "UMAU!" and stuff, so it doesn't really break the mood, though the story is put in the background half the time until the end.
Nov 27, 2013 5:18 AM

Sep 2012
Those fanservice in the changing scene is anime original and not in the VN? Interesting.... I would have expected more of fanservice stuff in the VN than anime...

I do agree that the Saito thing probably cannot sustain on its own. While I know a lot of humor i LB! is silly and absurd, I think this one brings it to even higher level than the silly matches/fight (and silly nickname) Kyousuke comes up with from time to time. To be honest, as much as I find those jokes from Kyousuke I saw in the anime kind of funny, the Saito thing is a bit too advanced for me lol. Yet even though I find the slightly sadistic fun Kurugaya extracted from her team-mates much funnier, somehow I do not feel they mix well with the Saito thing. Anyway, I know the Saito thing is quite popular to LB! fan as I remember seeing that weird masks in quite a few places related to LB! so I guess it makes sense to have it animated at some point.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 27, 2013 11:01 PM

Dec 2012
I found that moment when Riki's on the phone with Kyousuke hilarious, because the idea of him being in the middle of the classroom, screaming out and then pretending to be attacked, while all those people watch is just so ridiculous (Of course, I knew he was Saito before hand, so that's probably the only reason why I found it funny)
Nov 27, 2013 11:13 PM

Sep 2012
Seano299 said:
I found that moment when Riki's on the phone with Kyousuke hilarious, because the idea of him being in the middle of the classroom, screaming out and then pretending to be attacked, while all those people watch is just so ridiculous (Of course, I knew he was Saito before hand, so that's probably the only reason why I found it funny)

I honestly thought the camera hit his face.
Nov 28, 2013 5:03 AM

Jul 2013
I went ahead and subbed it so a few of my friends could enjoy it. But if Refrain subs happens to not upload it by tonight. I'll upload my version. Though keep in mind It's not going to be Refrain subs quality, they are way more skilled than I am, so just use this until their version releases. that said the subs in no way are "bad" but everyone has their own opinion. Btw it took me all night to do this especially since I'm one guy. so if there is Typos I apologize.
I'm very tired :3
One and only member of Anime Heisenberg subs.

-Anime Heisenberg
Nov 30, 2013 7:20 PM

Aug 2013
Anime_Heisenberg said:
I went ahead and subbed it so a few of my friends could enjoy it. But if Refrain subs happens to not upload it by tonight. I'll upload my version. Though keep in mind It's not going to be Refrain subs quality, they are way more skilled than I am, so just use this until their version releases. that said the subs in no way are "bad" but everyone has their own opinion. Btw it took me all night to do this especially since I'm one guy. so if there is Typos I apologize.
thx and pls upload
Dec 1, 2013 12:03 AM

Jul 2013
epic_joelle said:
Anime_Heisenberg said:
thx and pls upload

it's uploaded. if you need links I'd recommend PMing me.
One and only member of Anime Heisenberg subs.

-Anime Heisenberg
Dec 1, 2013 2:28 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Think it did a pretty good job capturing the lovable silly comedy of the common route

Bit of a change of pace from watching Refrain for a while as well
Dec 2, 2013 2:03 PM
Jun 2013
Glad to have seen some comedy again. I miss the old fun times of the team. It was pretty well done and hilarious (dat ending !). Also, it's funny to see that the OAV is better ranked than first season. Not by far, but still...
Dec 7, 2013 7:45 PM

Nov 2013
Anime_Heisenberg rocks and I got to see the subbed version from her :D

I loved all the humor. Space idiot. Awesome. Kud glued to the floor XD They did a good job with the fights with the girls. At least we didn't have to see them hurt or anything ^^

Did anyone else find it beyond adorable when Riki finally started to yell Saito at the end? XD He's so cute.

Edit: Oh my gosh! I just remembered! In the VN, (I guess sort of a spoiler?)
Aaaaaw, I was looking forward to that XD
AeroingDec 7, 2013 7:56 PM
Dec 12, 2013 6:12 PM

Jul 2013
me waiting for refrain subs to release the OVA
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mel21vCNwj1qcu4bs.jpg
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Dec 15, 2013 10:25 PM

Feb 2013
Sorry it took so long, the last delays were my fault. I was a bit swamped with exams and school work. My bad.
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- G-senjou no Maou
- Rewrite
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Dec 15, 2013 10:34 PM

Jan 2011
shcboomer said:
Sorry it took so long, the last delays were my fault. I was a bit swamped with exams and school work. My bad.

Nah, it's ok again. I think everyone needs some light hearted comedy after that heart wrenching episode XD;;
Dec 15, 2013 10:54 PM
Apr 2013
That was a pretty hilarious episode. And the ending song with Riki wearing the Saito mask (Look at Haruka's face) was lol.
Dec 16, 2013 1:17 AM

Feb 2012
so happy to finally see it subbed, thanks so much to refrain subs, the best subbers for LB ^_^

wahaha, Kurugaya was boss as usual, wasn't much Haru-chin but I'm fine with that, still a great episode :3

now I wish they would make 2 or 3 more OVA's of the happy Little Busters events that didn't happen in the anime Q.Q
Dec 16, 2013 3:48 AM

Feb 2008
Dat Haruka butt.
Rin in her underwear.

Yeah, I feel like this episode had the charm of the VN. If only all the episodes were this quality.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» (Oh Yes...) The trailer is finally here.

TimeToRepent - Jul 27, 2013

25 by smilewolfy »»
Nov 16, 2013 5:49 PM

» So, what else?

Tennouji - Mar 25, 2013

27 by beamerboy »»
Aug 28, 2013 8:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.