Forum Settings
Forums
Nov 18, 2013 6:35 AM

Since it was relatively confirmed by Urobutcher that madoka will continue. What do you guys think season 2 will be about and when it should be released. Personally with all the homusatan fiasco, it might go the route of embarking on a quest to get her back and the perfect ending. However, there is always the new writer to be introduced to be considered.....
Anime gave me more life lessons than school

Nov 18, 2013 6:40 AM
well its gonna go as its going which is kinda obvious, and its probably gonna end even no winner despair and hope will cancel.

Nov 18, 2013 4:19 PM

Homura being a boss.

O wait... that's already done.
We have no idea what the plot will be about... so I just want a proper Homura vs. Sayaka fight or Madoka vs. anyone.

Nov 26, 2013 5:54 PM

What I would love to see would be an all out fight between Homura and Madoka complete with all the drama and tragedy inevitably pertaining to it. After all, this was kind of hinted at in one of the final scenes of rebellion. The ultimate plot twist (and one providing finality) would be one dying at the hands of the other... though that may be too heavy an ending even for the Uro-butcher.

Actually, I would love it to play out in a similar way to Sengoku Nadeko's and Koyomi Araragi's relationship in Shafts other outstanding work, the monogatari series - in the sense, that her love for Madoka makes Homura go completely insane :D.

Anyways, I dont think they can (or in fact should for the sake of the series) drag out the Madoka Magica franchise much further beyond a second season, so I hope we can expect a "proper" ending.

Nov 27, 2013 1:09 AM
Ohayousoro7 ⛵

I'll be expecting an all out battle between Madoka and Homura. Someone would probably face death after that fight though, and that's what I think should happen. If it's Madoka or Homura will still remain debatable but both deaths would conclude a bittersweet (at worst, bad) ending.

No more 3rd season or whatsoever. Finish it with the 2nd season please.

Nov 27, 2013 7:01 AM
julyan04 said:
I'd honestly take a seasons 3 if (and only if) seasons 2 was the SoL Shinbo's always wanted. I mean... It'd mostly be trolling but this really has potential for a SoL with a twist. Homura's bizarre familiars going around, everyone without memories and Homura being careful and observing whether she'd have to do some "maintenance" to keep everyone oblivious, Homura trying to get along with Madoka while trying to keep her from building a strong relationship with everyone else... I know it's more of a stupid guess but... I honestly wouldn't mind seeing that.

Nov 27, 2013 7:13 AM
Hug Addict <3

Dusk252 said:
julyan04 said:
I'd honestly take a seasons 3 if (and only if) seasons 2 was the SoL Shinbo's always wanted. I mean... It'd mostly be trolling but this really has potential for a SoL with a twist. Homura's bizarre familiars going around, everyone without memories and Homura being careful and observing whether she'd have to do some "maintenance" to keep everyone oblivious, Homura trying to get along with Madoka while trying to keep her from building a strong relationship with everyone else... I know it's more of a stupid guess but... I honestly wouldn't mind seeing that.
While I wouldn't *mind* seeing that per se, SoL is the last thing you'd associate with the Madoka franchise itself, and not really what fans are looking for.

I think it'd have to end with somesort of a battle to the death between Madoka and Homura regarding the design of the world and the character relations. As far as the eventual outcome of said fight and its consequences... honestly anything can happen, it's Urobuchi after all.

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Nov 27, 2013 7:46 AM
HaXXspetten said:
Dusk252 said:
julyan04 said:
While I wouldn't *mind* seeing that per se, SoL is the last thing you'd associate with the Madoka franchise itself, and not really what fans are looking for.

I think it'd have to end with somesort of a battle to the death between Madoka and Homura regarding the design of the world and the character relations. As far as the eventual outcome of said fight and its consequences... honestly anything can happen, it's Urobuchi after all.
I know, I know. It's not a genre I'm exactly fond of myself (though it's good to watch every now and then and has some very good shows, I won't deny that) and I'd always have said no to it... before. Now when I think of the potential of sheer bizarreness that can arrive from it, I'm certainly fond of the idea. But that would be a simple interlude, I don't think it'd even be worth making a whole season of it.

On the other hand, another season after this would undoubtedly have to start with some weird SoL antics - the characters knowing about what Homura really is and having their memories from the start wouldn't be a very sensible way to begin a season. As for the way it'd end, I definitely agree with you. There's a lot that's interesting in that, including Homura's placement of Madoka in similar circumstances to the one she herself was, her exact intentions behind that and whether that would make them come to understand each other better.

As for Urobuchi, though, didn't he say in an interview this'd be the last he'd write for the Madoka franchise?

Nov 27, 2013 12:59 PM
Ohayousoro7 ⛵

Dusk252 said:
As for Urobuchi, though, didn't he say in an interview this'd be the last he'd write for the Madoka franchise?

As I understood it, he will be inviting a new writer but that doesn't mean he'll leave it to his hands. The possibility of leaving the series does not disappear though.

I would have my doubts to this new season if Urubochi decides to leave the franchise altogether. But as it was said, it will be handpicked by him so a little faith wouldn't hurt.

And as for the SOL topic, yes, that may be a good breather, but a whole season just for that might anger a lot of people in the fanbase. People wants a conclusion, and that's what they should give us. Not that we are entitled, but that's what I think is the best for the franchise.

Nov 27, 2013 2:08 PM
julyan04 said:
Dusk252 said:

As I understood it, he will be inviting a new writer but that doesn't mean he'll leave it to his hands. The possibility of leaving the series does not disappear though.

I would have my doubts to this new season if Urubochi decides to leave the franchise altogether. But as it was said, it will be handpicked by him so a little faith wouldn't hurt.
Hmmm... I see. I'd read interviews with him saying he'd like to get some new writers on the franchise but what I'm referring to is specifically something that was in the movie pamphlet (pretty sure that was it) in which, at least according to the translation I read on /a/, he literally stated this was the last he wrote for the franchise. However it is, and as much as I like Urobuchi, I could be a little wary about it, but definitely wouldn't rule out whatever comes from the hands of other writer. At least without seeing it first.

julyan04 said:
And as for the SOL topic, yes, that may be a good breather, but a whole season just for that might anger a lot of people in the fanbase. People wants a conclusion, and that's what they should give us. Not that we are entitled, but that's what I think is the best for the franchise.
I said it half joking, because I honestly think it could be a nice twist to the SoL genre if done well. Not something I would expect to happen, but definitely something I'd like to see, if for a bit.
I do agree with you that a conclusion is needed for the franchise and that they shouldn't drag it out for much longer than this.

Nov 27, 2013 10:16 PM

The best way I can imagine on how the show goes on was an expansion of the original series, retelling the story from a different angle, providing more background stories, going into details, SoL stuff etc. I liked that.
I also believe that there isn't an easy way to continue/progress the story reasonably.
Modified by Chepri, Dec 2, 2013 5:13 PM
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!

Nov 30, 2013 12:45 PM
Lover of Lain

A bunch of shit will go down, then at the end, Madoka will somehow turn (wish?) Homura into that mystery cat from the season 1 opening to prevent her from fucking up the world more than she already has. That way everyone lives happily ever after. Only reason I guess this is because Madoka has always been about foreshadowing; surely the cat is going to be important or relevant somehow. Either way, I expect a conclusive and happy ending for season 2.

^ It probably won't happen, but it's a nice thought. Realistically, I imagine the series will be completely ruined beyond help in the near future.
Modified by BearSuitSavant, Dec 1, 2013 7:16 AM

Dec 2, 2013 6:57 PM
Probably a Homura vs. Madoka fight and some bad ending. (Bad as in the sense of sad, tragic)

I just hope the second season will be the final one and no more. Nanoha already done it and it went downhill.

Dec 5, 2013 2:28 AM

-Tyler- said:
A bunch of shit will go down, then at the end, Madoka will somehow turn (wish?) Homura into that mystery cat from the season 1 opening to prevent her from fucking up the world more than she already has. That way everyone lives happily ever after. Only reason I guess this is because Madoka has always been about foreshadowing; surely the cat is going to be important or relevant somehow. Either way, I expect a conclusive and happy ending for season 2.

^ It probably won't happen, but it's a nice thought. Realistically, I imagine the series will be completely ruined beyond help in the near future.

The cat is called Amy: http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Amy

A Homura vs Madoka fight would be nice. Maybe ending with a kiss.

Okay, I'm hoping for too much there. :<

Dec 5, 2013 2:37 AM
Hug Addict <3

squidlet said:
-Tyler- said:

A Homura vs Madoka fight would be nice. Maybe ending with a kiss.

Okay, I'm hoping for too much there. :<
inb4 Madoka S2 is a romance yuri series

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Dec 8, 2013 5:43 AM
Lover of Lain

squidlet said:

Shit. Well there goes that.

Dec 8, 2013 11:50 AM

I definitely see a Sayaka vs. Homura fight, particularly with one of the final scenes in this movie. And most likely, there will be a Homura vs. Madoka fight.

I hope this series doesn't drag on forever... I don't want it to be a series that gets ruined because they want to milk the franchise for as long as possible.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.

Dec 9, 2013 1:07 AM

Hmm, I wonder if Madoka can still contract in the homuworld. If she can, I hope they don't go down the route of Homura trying to prevent Madoka from contracting again. That'd be too much of a retread of the first season.

Dec 9, 2013 3:42 AM
all i know is that it's going to end in another deus ex machina and the madoka universe will be even more screwed up than it already is

Dec 9, 2013 9:39 PM

I wholeheartedly love the series but

pls, no more madoka ;~;

Dec 9, 2013 9:52 PM
this is great series magical girl ever i think
and i think they must make other season, or maybe make spin off 'oriko' to be animated

Dec 10, 2013 12:38 AM

Luxanna said:
I wholeheartedly love the series but

pls, no more madoka ;~;

Just pretend it doesn't exist =)

Dec 10, 2013 1:23 AM

Without Madoka in goddess mode Homura can kill Sayaka, Kyoko and even Mami without even trying. She's too OP at the moment.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
SSL443 - Dr4kon
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.

Dec 10, 2013 1:34 AM

Stop butchering the franchise.
'The angels will return. And when you see the one that's meant to help you, you will weep with joy.'

Dec 10, 2013 2:10 AM

Janethan23 said:
Without Madoka in goddess mode Homura can kill Sayaka, Kyoko and even Mami without even trying. She's too OP at the moment.

She's not going to kill any of them. They're Madoka's friends, so at most she'll just slap them around a bit and put them in their place.

Dec 10, 2013 4:01 AM

Well, considering how I was a little bugged about the ending. I wouldn't mind a season 2. :)

Maybe there will be an epic battle between Godoka (Or Madokakami) and Homucifer (or Akuma). Good vs. Evil. Hope vs. Despair. Or if we REALLY want to go deep and tropy "Love Makes You Pure" vs. "Love Makes You Crazy". And there will be Magical Girls fighting for one another.

Sorry if I sounded cliched as fuck (Especially with my own input.) but this is how I personally feel.

Dec 10, 2013 6:11 AM

A new writer could really breathe some new life into the series. I mean, if it had just been Urobotchi, then we would have seen the movie end and that would have been that. But someone else brought up a scenario that made the movie ever so much better (imo). So, I'm ready to see what someone else could pull with this. I think a change in studio would be a more devastating blow to the show. Thankfully, there really doesn't seem to be much chance of that.

HaXXspetten said:
inb4 Madoka S2 is a romance yuri series

I'd be good with that!

As long as it keeps the "horror" sort of elements that it's maintained so far.

I would like to see the story shift to Kyouko's/Sayaka's perspective personally. I think it would be a good shift after having had all that focus on Homura and Madoka. Plus, it could really lend itself to something interesting.

It'll be nice to finally see more on these "wraiths" too.

Dec 10, 2013 8:52 AM
DatLookTho

If Homura dies, I'm going emo.

And, S2 should have more KyoukoxSayaka scenes. Dat movie scene <3
Along with more DemonmuraxMadoka scenes <3

Dec 10, 2013 11:48 AM

sarroush said:
If Homura dies, I'm going emo.

And, S2 should have more KyoukoxSayaka scenes. Dat movie scene <3
Along with more DemonmuraxMadoka scenes <3

I don't think she'll die.

Agreed with your points!

Dec 10, 2013 5:41 PM

Wait, there's going to be a second season of Madoka?!?! Wait a minute. How do I know you're not lying?

Dec 10, 2013 6:21 PM

itazuranamelody said:
Wait, there's going to be a second season of Madoka?!?! Wait a minute. How do I know you're not lying?

No, it has only been hinted that Urobuchi wants to continue Madoka. A 2nd season hasn't been confirmed yet.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).

Dec 11, 2013 1:59 AM

Esclair said:
Janethan23 said:

She's not going to kill any of them. They're Madoka's friends, so at most she'll just slap them around a bit and put them in their place.

Homura can erase anyone from existence and no one would know about it. The only thing that's keeping the friends alive is because they are Madoka's friends. If she has no use for them anymore then kiss their butts goodbye. No one would even remember.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums.

SSL443 - Dr4kon
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.

Dec 11, 2013 4:26 AM

Janethan23 said:
Esclair said:
Janethan23 said:

Homura can erase anyone from existence and no one would know about it. The only thing that's keeping the friends alive is because they are Madoka's friends. If she has no use for them anymore then kiss their butts goodbye. No one would even remember.

You're overestimating Homura I think. While she is incredibly powerful, I don't think she can just alter the world as she pleases.

I think the world altered to fit the new Madoka that was neither Madokami nor normal Madoka. Much lilke how the world altered to fit Madokami at the end of the TV series.

Dec 11, 2013 3:11 PM

vampko said:
You're overestimating Homura I think. While she is incredibly powerful, I don't think she can just alter the world as she pleases.

I think the world altered to fit the new Madoka that was neither Madokami nor normal Madoka. Much lilke how the world altered to fit Madokami at the end of the TV series.

I maybe overestimating Homura capabilities but after I saw the scene where she brings Sayaka back to life then they have a conversation that kinda goes sour a little bit; I saw the waters turning red and the scenery around them began to look a little scary. It was pretty much like a threat to Sayaka "Go along with it, don't F_ck with me or else..."

SSL443 - Dr4kon

Dec 15, 2013 1:00 AM
If Urobutchi continues his trend of f-ing with with the audience I could see Madoka being the villain of the next series. If Madoka wants to change things back to the way they were on the basis of the importance of the natural laws then she has to change the universe back to the way it was before she become Madokami or else she is just being a hypocrite. And if the 'law of cycles' still functions like before without her then there is no purpose to her getting her powers back beyond having power. Madoka is also the only Puella Magi left who hasn't 'fallen' from grace in some way in anything other than Homura's flashbacks, so it is pretty much her turn.

If it was any other franchise this would be completely insane, but that is why it is an actual possibility with Urobutchi.

Dec 15, 2013 2:44 PM

After the wraiths are dealt with, Madoka will remember her other self eventually and become god again. The magical girls will band together and battle with Homura so they can find a way to return Homura back to being one of them. (Maybe add lots of scenes with Madoka holding Homura since it's all about love)
After that, Madoka will somehow lose her powers and become a normal magical girl again. Everyone will get their memories erased due to some magical spell that Kyuubey performs (may even introduce some more powerful beings from the incubator race) which will not be explained.
Finally, with everything back to the same as the start of the anime series, it becomes an endless loop of sadness and despair.

Dec 15, 2013 2:57 PM

if the madoka season 2 is good, then yay we get more episodes to this series :D

if it's bad, then it doesn't exist? what? season 2? there's no season 2. just like how people always complain to me about endless eight, but I get confused how they can get so annoyed at a single episode D:

Dec 15, 2013 6:45 PM

The way I see it, the only way this series can end at this point is either:

1. All incubators are defeated for good and all magical girls completely lose their power and return to normal.
or
2. Madoka and Homura both die.
I don't accept random friend requests, but feel free to PM me if you want to talk about something i've posted or talk about some anime/manga that i've seen.

Dec 15, 2013 7:10 PM
The end of Rebellion shows what's unresolved:

Devil Homura's barrier is covering the world to trap Madoka, altering (cutting off) her memories to keep her human while Homura has unhuman power to control/protect/etc her.

This is something that can't last, as shown at the end. Even with Homura's barrier-world being newly born, Madoka begins to remember her true self. Interestingly, Homura shows relief that "her" Madoka is the real one. This must be Homura's (only?) weakness.

So, to me, season 2 would naturally be the resolution of this issue. With Madoka not realizing her true self, magic girls aren't going to go through the Law of Cycles, and will be doomed to become witches. This time, as Kyubey stated, the Incubators at that point have no more interest using emotional energy, so they won't be in the way. It'll simply be Homura's wish to control Madoka versus Homura's love for her. That could play out in a very interesting way.

I sincerely hope a season 2 appears and resolves Rebellion. Homura at the end of Rebellion can't tell the difference between her love of Madoka and her desire to control her. I really want to see that be resolved!

Dec 16, 2013 1:04 AM

Nae_Gevurah said:
Devil Homura's barrier is covering the world to trap Madoka, altering (cutting off) her memories to keep her human while Homura has unhuman power to control/protect/etc her.
I actually think that it is more like Homura separated the part of Madoka's memory as human from the Law of Cycles (Godoka).

Nae_Gevurah said:
It'll simply be Homura's wish to control Madoka versus Homura's love for her.
I believe that the story will depend more on Madoka's decision rather than Homura. Does Madoka want to kill Homura to restore order? Or doesn't she value the law (fate of mahou shoujo) more than her dear friend. Although in the end of the movie, Madoka says that she thinks law are important, but she said the same thing in episode one about family and friends. See what happens?!

Season 2 will be interesting with QB possibly on Homura's side. Hahaha.

Dec 17, 2013 1:47 PM

The entire story could end with the elimination of all incubators in all time lines and in all universes, thus making all magical girls non existent because no contracts were ever made resulting in their reality similar to ours... normal

SSL443 - Dr4kon

Dec 17, 2013 2:00 PM

Janethan23 said:
The entire story could end with the elimination of all incubators in all time lines and in all universes, thus making all magical girls non existent because no contracts were ever made resulting in their reality similar to ours... normal

Can't go that route, because Kyubei basically told Madoka that without them interfering, we'd never have advanced beyond cavemen.

Dec 17, 2013 2:20 PM

Esclair said:
Janethan23 said:

Can't go that route, because Kyubei basically told Madoka that without them interfering, we'd never have advanced beyond cavemen.

That's according to the incubators justifying their cause and reason for existing. The reality of their world turned similar to ours would negate and invalidate the existence of incubators because in "our world" magic doesn't exist and is simply a concept used to explain most things not yet understood.

SSL443 - Dr4kon

Dec 17, 2013 2:27 PM

Janethan23 said:
Esclair said:
Janethan23 said:

That's according to the incubators justifying their cause and reason for existing. The reality of their world turned similar to ours would negate and invalidate the existence of incubators because in "our world" magic doesn't exist and is simply a concept used to explain most things not yet understood.

It'd be kind of a cop out ending. I don't think this is the kind of series that'd give us endings that wrap everything up nicely. Ie, there's always going to be some kind of cost that has to be paid.

Dec 17, 2013 4:30 PM

Esclair said:

It'd be kind of a cop out ending. I don't think this is the kind of series that'd give us endings that wrap everything up nicely. Ie, there's always going to be some kind of cost that has to be paid.

I do believe that it's not a cop out ending. When everything is said and done and the battles have been fought; in the end it's the source (Kyubey) that should be taken out should everything return "balanced" where Madoka and Homura are no longer bound to their tragic fates of having to be on opposing sides. The bittersweet ending or "cost" to this scenario is that since no magical girl would ever exist would mean the magical quintet would never meet at all and would live normal lives. They could bump into each other maybe once in their lives but nothing other than a deja vu feeling would come from it.

SSL443 - Dr4kon

Dec 17, 2013 5:12 PM

Janethan23 said:

I've always said that wishing the incubators away wouldn't work. The Madoka Magica version of Earth is different from ours (as seen by the tech they have in Mitakihara City). It was shown that history was shaped by magical girls and their witches (Cleopatra, Joan of Arc, etc.). While I don't believe we'd be cavemen without Kyubey, the fact is it would have a large, potentially catastrophic impact on civilization.

I like the idea of everything ending with the magical system being completely abolished, but stopping the Incubators from ever coming to Earth isn't the way to do it.

Dec 17, 2013 6:21 PM

Janethan23 said:
Esclair said:

I do believe that it's not a cop out ending. When everything is said and done and the battles have been fought; in the end it's the source (Kyubey) that should be taken out should everything return "balanced" where Madoka and Homura are no longer bound to their tragic fates of having to be on opposing sides. The bittersweet ending or "cost" to this scenario is that since no magical girl would ever exist would mean the magical quintet would never meet at all and would live normal lives. They could bump into each other maybe once in their lives but nothing other than a deja vu feeling would come from it.

What about heat death of the Universe? =P

Dec 17, 2013 11:05 PM

FierceAlchemist said:
I've always said that wishing the incubators away wouldn't work. The Madoka Magica version of Earth is different from ours (as seen by the tech they have in Mitakihara City). It was shown that history was shaped by magical girls and their witches (Cleopatra, Joan of Arc, etc.). While I don't believe we'd be cavemen without Kyubey, the fact is it would have a large, potentially catastrophic impact on civilization.

I like the idea of everything ending with the magical system being completely abolished, but stopping the Incubators from ever coming to Earth isn't the way to do it.

The human race or the universe shouldn't be forever dependent on incubators. I can see their purpose from time to time but in a much bigger scale of things it is best they shouldn't have been there. It's like we shouldn't remove a semi parasitic organism attached to us that causes more harm than benefits. Homura has the power to remove them but keeps them around for her enjoyment. i guess Madoka can too but will probably do something else like give the incubators emotions. Hmmm...

Esclair said:
What about heat death of the Universe? =P

Well I hope it's only one Universe. There are studies of multiple universes and dimentions too so our chances of being completely snuffed out is questionable if these theories or findings are one day conclusive.
Modified by Janethan23, Dec 17, 2013 11:11 PM

SSL443 - Dr4kon

Dec 17, 2013 11:15 PM
My current prediction is it starts out repeating the plot of episode 1 again, with Kyubei going to Madoka for help against Homura and a repeat of the 'is Homura right or is Kyubei right' plot.

Dec 20, 2013 9:18 PM
sunofdarkchild said:
My current prediction is it starts out repeating the plot of episode 1 again, with Kyubei going to Madoka for help against Homura and a repeat of the 'is Homura right or is Kyubei right' plot.

I'm not sure. The world at the end of Rebellion has magic girls but the Incubators have no interest in using emotional energy any more, so there's little reason for them to care, aside from curiosity about the nature of Devil-Homura.

Kyubey at the end of Rebellion is tattered and appears to be dead. If he's really dead, normally a Kyubey comes to eat him, but this didn't happen. It's possible that the Incubators decided, after abandoning use of human emotion, to simply abandon humans altogether.

It's worth mentioning that the Incubators do not comprehend emotion, but (to me anyway) they don't necessarily lack it. They exhibit worry (about the heat death), desire (to be alive), confusion (about human's reactions and what Homura became), curiosity (about the prospect of witches), fear (reaction to Devil-Homura), satisfaction ("I'm glad that..."), etc... Oddly, though, they seem to be perplexed about human's reactions to death and yet are concerned about their own death and the death of the universe. Perhaps they just think they're being practical?
Modified by Naelilies, Dec 20, 2013 9:33 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »