Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie -Rebellion-
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 17, 2014 4:42 PM

Mar 2013
I also think they shouldn't milk the franchise forever BUT
A final conclusion IS needed. We can't let things stay the way they are now. People who don't want more can still stick to the original and ignore the new stuff.
But for me and lots of others: we need a conclusion to the story. It's like the dark middle in a trilogy
(Series/movie 1 and 2 are part 1! Rebellion part 2 and a sequel the third part of the triology)
! xD right now it really feels like the middle of a triology. As FierceAlchemist already said like an empire strikes back.
And don't tell there is any chance of a good ending.
That's what we thought in the original series, too. It seemed impossible to have a good end, but it wasn't.
The chances are high though it may be ruined but we can't give up hope yet.
Something something something
Mar 17, 2014 4:48 PM

Jul 2008
I don't want anymore. Let the franchise go out on top.
Mar 17, 2014 5:08 PM

Jun 2012
Gisol888 said:
I also think they shouldn't milk the franchise forever BUT
A final conclusion IS needed. We can't let things stay the way they are now. People who don't want more can still stick to the original and ignore the new stuff.
But for me and lots of others: we need a conclusion to the story. It's like the dark middle in a trilogy
(Series/movie 1 and 2 are part 1! Rebellion part 2 and a sequel the third part of the triology)
! xD right now it really feels like the middle of a triology. As FierceAlchemist already said like an empire strikes back.
And don't tell there is any chance of a good ending.
That's what we thought in the original series, too. It seemed impossible to have a good end, but it wasn't.
The chances are high though it may be ruined but we can't give up hope yet.

I wouldn't call the ending of story, in which a universe is having a BSOD, a good one. For my part, I am perfectly fine with the things as they now are. I just wished they revealed more of the bizarre nature of Akuma's new world and didn't label it with an ending, that suggests a fight between Homura and Madoka. I had felt closed, but as it is now it is just awkward.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Mar 17, 2014 6:56 PM

Mar 2013
GarLogan78 said:

nobody forces you to continue watching if more comes out

Chepri said:

I wouldn't call the ending of story, in which a universe is having a BSOD, a good one. For my part, I am perfectly fine with the things as they now are. I just wished they revealed more of the bizarre nature of Akuma's new world and didn't label it with an ending, that suggests a fight between Homura and Madoka. I had felt closed, but as it is now it is just awkward.

Well since the series and the first two movies sold well: maybe they would have revealed more and rounded the story up to finish it if it wasn't that way, but I for my part believe they did what they made in the movie (with the end like that) also to be able to make a sequel due to the money making possibility they found in the franchise.
I mean: the whole story could have been told in one hour without problems. I think they stretched it so the story wouldn't have a fixed end and if a sequel comes out they can pack the rest into it

" The film has earned over 1.93 billion yen in the Japanese box office, breaking the previous record held by K-On! the Movie for a film based on a late-night anime television series."

Well as we can see they made so much money out of it, they broke a record already xD
so it's definitly a possibility that we can get a sequel.
also Urobuchi said he wanted to continue the story with a second season after movie 3
btw: lots of people say they're milking the franchise. I don't think they do yet.

Everything till now is a result due to the original series that could have been anticipated (madokas wish having another coin side and Homura not being forever happy about it)

And if the continue it it's also due to the fact that the story isn't over. We're just not told about the events to happen after it. We all know somehow that action will be taken, that something will happen that will lead the story in some direction. The end of the movie just gives us the possibility to think about a story end we'd wanna have the most after that ourselves.

They'd just destroy the open end and bring the series to a new fixed conclusion. At least that's how I see it.
Well maybe we'll get news when the DvD/Bluray version is released
Mar 18, 2014 3:52 PM

Mar 2014
Gisol888 said:
also Urobuchi said he wanted to continue the story with a second season after movie 3

When/where did he say that? If you mean that 2012 interview, I guess that is no longer valid since in a more recent interview he said that he feels he's finished telling Madoka and Homura's arc already with the third film, while the directors mentioned they had no plans to release another Madoka film (yet I guess) when answering a question, and I think that was in a december or january interview if I'm not mistaken.

But I also think that the directors will want to push another OVA since they decided to change the ending of Rebellion to open up for a sequel. That said, I think a sequel will only be possible if it is economically feasible. I really hope they make it because they envisioned Rebellion with the sequel in mind, so right now it feels to me like unfinished bussiness.
E-2kMar 18, 2014 4:28 PM
Mar 20, 2014 4:05 AM

Mar 2013
E-2k said:
Gisol888 said:

When/where did he say that? If you mean that 2012 interview, I guess that is no longer valid since in a more recent interview he said that he feels he's finished telling Madoka and Homura's arc already with the third film, while the directors mentioned they had no plans to release another Madoka film (yet I guess) when answering a question, and I think that was in a december or january interview if I'm not mistaken.

Ah yes I was referring to the first movie interview and you seemed to be referring to the rebellion pamplet interview which I just read ( http://feralphoenix.tumblr.com/post/69421648253/puella-magi-madoka-magica-rebellion-movie-pamphlet )
Well Urobuchi said that he felt like madoka was already finished with the tv series and with this movie he wrote everything there is to Homura.
Well maybe there'll be another movie with him writing everything there is about Sayaka since she got a bigger role in the end making her "graduate" then(or kyoko, mami etc.)
Yes you're right for him the story is finished (again - since it was finished with the tv series for him, too.
But it's not his decision if they will or won't make a sequel like it was with the third movie not his decision before either ),
but he also said that with this movies he feels like madoka magica isn't just his work anymore.
Also for director shinbos's interview:
quote:
"Now that you’ve completed this continuation, what are your feelings on the future of the Madoka Magica franchise?"

Shinbou: "If we can continue it, we definitely want to."

He's also referring to a "we" and not to an "I", cuz Yuuki Aoi and Saitou Chiwa also cleared up in a later part of the interview about it being definitly final:

Quote:
So, now that your work is finished, how do you two feel about Rebellion?

Saitou: It’s very much a “new chapter”. It’s not a “direct continuation” or a “Homura arc” either.

Yuuki: It’s not subtitled “the complete story” or “FINAL” or anything.

Saitou: I think that calling it a “new chapter” means that it’s a new beginning. But now that we’re sending this story out into the world, it belongs to the audience. I portrayed Homura with the intent of entrusting this movie to the fans, so I just want everyone to have fun letting their imaginations run wild. And if we get enough support, we may be able to come back and do some form of follow-up someday.
Mar 20, 2014 3:28 PM

Mar 2014
Gisol888 said:
Saitou: I think that calling it a “new chapter” means that it’s a new beginning. But now that we’re sending this story out into the world, it belongs to the audience. I portrayed Homura with the intent of entrusting this movie to the fans, so I just want everyone to have fun letting their imaginations run wild. And if we get enough support, we may be able to come back and do some form of follow-up someday.

Yep, it sounds they will only continue if there's enough demand and fanbase after the BD release, which worries me because of the split fanbase that the third movie caused.
And yeah, a Sayaka arc would be awesome for a fourth and maybe final chapter.
I just hope they decide to make it and/or there's market for it, since I don't like when a movie is made with the ending thought as a sequelbait, unless they ACTUALLY have plans for a sequel. If they don't make a sequel after Rebellion, I think I'll just think of Madoka's real ending as the one Urobuchi had in mind before it was changed by the directors (which is in the pamphlet interview that Gisol posted).

Oh, and this is from Urobuchi, from a November 2013 interview:

Gen:"I'd say it's happy end, at least for the main character Homura. I also think Sayaka's stock is raised. Since when the world ends up that way, the only one who can save it is Sayaka. She really becomes a lone hero. I haven't thought about how to continue it from Madoka becoming a "concept" in the end."

I guess what he said is good news, considering that Urobuchi is at least thinking about how to continue the franchise.
E-2kMar 20, 2014 5:24 PM
Mar 21, 2014 10:40 AM

Mar 2013
E-2k said:
If they don't make a sequel after Rebellion, I think I'll just think of Madoka's real ending as the one Urobuchi had in mind before it was changed by the directors (which is in the pamphlet interview that Gisol posted).

What now I'm feeling like an idiot. I sent that interview and can't even remember that xDD
I know they changed it but...uhm... where is it...where is it...
where the hay is it in the interview gaaah?
okay...
How did the end he wanted originally look like? >.<
xD
Mar 21, 2014 11:09 AM

Mar 2014
Gisol888 said:
E-2k said:
If they don't make a sequel after Rebellion, I think I'll just think of Madoka's real ending as the one Urobuchi had in mind before it was changed by the directors (which is in the pamphlet interview that Gisol posted).

What now I'm feeling like an idiot. I sent that interview and can't even remember that xDD
I know they changed it but...uhm... where is it...where is it...
where the hay is it in the interview gaaah?
okay...
How did the end he wanted originally look like? >.<
xD

Don't sweat it lol, here's the excerpt (it was in part 1 of the interview):

What kind of story did you think up at first?

Urobuchi: "From the start, the idea was “Homura becomes a witch, and the story takes place inside her barrier”. But at the time, I wanted to end the story with Madoka taking Homura away with her. So, I thought the story would end this time for real (laughs). But both Iwakami-san and Shinbou-san were like, “No, we want the story to keep going after this” and wouldn’t give me the OK. So then when I was getting really worried, Shinbou-san was like “Might as well just make Madoka and Homura into enemies”. And that suggestion was basically the breakthrough. I really agreed that Homura might be plausible as Madoka’s equal opposite."

So the plot came together based on the concept of Madoka and Homura becoming enemies.

Urobuchi: "That’s right. Once I knew the direction I was working for, everything came together, so I wrote the screenplay after that. I wrote the first draft, and then came the revisions, and it ended up as it is now. "

END INTERVIEW

So I guess initially the conversation on the flowerbed didn't take place or was very different, and/or Kyubey never intended to control Madoka after the barrier breaks, since those events triggered Homura's decision in the end, IMO.
Apr 2, 2014 4:16 PM

Apr 2012
Finish with season 2 plz
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 2, 2014 9:45 PM

Jul 2008
Gisol888 said:
GarLogan78 said:

nobody forces you to continue watching if more comes out

The completionist in my heart does.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dimasmw - Oct 27, 2013

1042 by Biisoo »»
Apr 17, 7:10 AM

» Madoka Magica Rebellion is a masterpiece ( 1 2 )

JezzaC - Jan 28, 2021

65 by HigherLvLThinker »»
Aug 16, 2023 7:00 AM

» State your opinion: Did Homura REALLY do nothing wrong?

StanSayakaMiki77 - Apr 17, 2023

19 by APolygons2 »»
Jul 18, 2023 5:23 PM

» Explaining the final twist

APolygons2 - Oct 19, 2022

45 by ScionOfCyan »»
Jan 30, 2023 7:28 PM

» Plot Holes? What exactly happened between.... (movie spoilers)

Rob7 - Sep 24, 2022

18 by APolygons2 »»
Oct 19, 2022 6:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.