Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2013 7:55 PM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A pretty nice fire safety video, loving how educative this is :D

A pretty nice special in general! Just loved the special editions of the OP in both specials :p
Dec 5, 2013 4:17 PM

Jun 2009
This was better than the Traffic Safety special. At least Goku isn't retarded in this one.

http://i.imgur.com/MVwo1Ms.jpg - Thanks for that amazingly useful TL note, by the way.
Jan 14, 2014 12:48 PM

Jan 2013
Lol this was even stupider than the previous, but whatever :). 4/10

Considering that these were made for separate reasons from the series it's not bad.
Jan 31, 2014 10:54 PM

Oct 2013
Nice.

Oct 22, 2014 7:40 AM

Oct 2009
Quoting deleted posts:
Hobbzz said:
Lol very cheesy but better than the traffic one.

Everest89 said:
Quite instructive for children
Dec 10, 2014 4:23 AM

Mar 2014
I actually didn't like this one quite as much as the traffic safety one.
This one didn't have as much story surrounding it, it was just fire safety rules one after the other.
Still, it was kind of cool to see everyone dressed up in fire brigade gear.
Also, the kids telling their parents to quit doing unsafe fire stuff was pretty funny, especially with the dad who was smoking in bed, lol.
He was just like o_o

Not a total waste of time, but more of an educational video than the first one.
::End of Transmission::

Jan 28, 2015 4:29 PM

Feb 2014
Another awesome episode! Good lesson on fire safety! I like how Goku, Muten Roshi, Yamucha and Kuririn are part of the Fire Brigade. This was pretty cool, it was funny and educative. Both specials were epic! And the ending song was really good!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Mar 31, 2017 7:10 AM

Mar 2014
This felt more forced than the previous one.
May 21, 2018 5:35 PM

Apr 2014
fire safety must have been a big issue for japanese youth in the late 80s; really specific
Apr 11, 2019 8:48 AM

Nov 2015
Bulma's burn eggs. the edited op with fire safety lyrics <3

💢

Jun 5, 2020 4:31 PM
Jul 2018
Again, simple yet effective for the young children audience. Even I found these to be educational for me. They were quite charming in their simplicity.
Jul 18, 2020 2:17 AM

Feb 2019
Lmao Goku was smart in this EP instead of being ignorant tho ending song was amazing.
Sep 22, 2020 2:19 PM
May 2019
Ah, Goku isn't the naive one this time. This one felt very forced, however. These specials were fine for what they are, but that's basically it.
Aug 22, 2021 8:28 PM
Jan 2021
SpiritGT said:
Another awesome episode! Good lesson on fire safety! I like how Goku, Muten Roshi, Yamucha and Kuririn are part of the Fire Brigade. This was pretty cool, it was funny and educative. Both specials were epic! And the ending song was really good!

Atleast it's better than indian cartoons. Indian cartoonsn are the worst in the world
Aug 24, 2021 12:21 PM

Feb 2014
MrFanatic said:
SpiritGT said:

Atleast it's better than indian cartoons. Indian cartoonsn are the worst in the world

lol i think you replied to the wrong comment... i really enjoyed it
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Aug 25, 2021 12:28 AM
Jan 2021
SpiritGT said:
MrFanatic said:

lol i think you replied to the wrong comment... i really enjoyed it

Oh sorry lol 😆 but still better than indian shit
Nov 9, 2023 9:44 PM

Jul 2021
another educational episode about fire hazards and fire safety

Mar 10, 5:31 AM

Jun 2020
Wtf, they didnt even try to have a coherent storyline this time. They also completely changed where Bulma lives and what her cat looks like. Felt longer than the first one even though its shorter.
Mar 31, 12:50 PM

Aug 2012
After being impressed with how entertaining the previous one was, I'm disappointed that this was basically what I feared these specials would be like. Hearing Goku just lecturing kids about fire safety rules felt rather OOC, and there really isn't much semblance of Dragon Ball in here, like they have the cast but their isn't much to them. Again, Goku doesn't seem like the guy to give a point-by-point breakdown on firework safety, and the rest of the cast doesn't get much. The one bit of them in here is Roshi excitedly trying to catch Bulma until Yamcha knocks him away. Both specials are just using the cast to deliver these messages but in the previous one they tried to integrate the world of Dragon Ball into here. There was a separate plot for it, the cast had a chance to showcase their personalities. This just feels like they're throwing the characters into a typical PSA scenario. Minus the power-pall, you can substitute any series in here and it'd work just as well.

There were positives of course. In terms of education, sure it worked for that but in terms of entertainment value, the kids giving their parents shit for not being fire safe was funny, and they still have the altered OP with a brand new fire safety lecture. That's a going above & beyond step I rather appreciate.

I kinda wish these were separate entries because I would've given the first episode like a 7/10, but I'm feeling like a 4/10 for this one. The mean of that is 5.5/10, so on the borderline between 5 & 6, I'll go with a 6, entirely because I do appreciate the altered OP's. If they didn't have those, I would've settled with a 5/10.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Specials Episode 1 Discussion

Hobbzz - Feb 18, 2010

15 by Terrestrious »»
Mar 31, 12:21 PM

» Website to download

Goatama-san - Apr 27, 2020

2 by ThisAaugh »»
Sep 3, 2023 5:32 PM

» Dragon Ball: Sayajins Corporation - Special (1989)????

Fansubs - Aug 6, 2013

1 by EterTC »»
Jul 12, 2020 2:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.