Forum Settings
Forums

Does it piss you off when a guy hits a girl/woman in anime?

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Nov 16, 2013 3:21 PM

Jul 2013
yes it does, but if she deserves it i do not mind.
Nov 16, 2013 3:23 PM

Dec 2012
Nov 16, 2013 3:38 PM
Oct 2011
Doesn't it piss you off to see a woman/girl hits a man/boy?
Nov 16, 2013 3:41 PM
Jul 2012
Yes, yes it does.
Nov 16, 2013 3:42 PM
Jul 2012
CamoBullo said:
It's not real, so I don't care.

Hmm, one could start a war over this little sentence.
Nov 16, 2013 3:45 PM

Mar 2013
Nae_Gevurah said:
The majority of examples of girls hurting guys are comedies, by the way.

if a girl hitting a guy is funny, why can't a guy hitting a girl be funny?
meditate on bass weight.
Nov 16, 2013 3:46 PM

Jan 2008
Nae_Gevurah said:

When a woman hist a man it's comedy.
When a man hits a woman it's tragedy.

Double standards at their finest...
Candor said:
Doesn't it piss you off to see a woman/girl hits a man/boy?

Yes...but no one cares...
Nov 16, 2013 3:47 PM
Oct 2011
Mashmakhan said:
Nae_Gevurah said:

if a girl hitting a guy is funny, why can't a guy hitting a girl be funny?
Because feminists idiots.

Jan 2013
Tsundere girls hitting boys in anime is nothing new and seen as normal. It pisses me off.
Men and women being hit in anime annoys me depending on the context (if it's a fighting anime it would actually bother me if the girl didn't get hit)
Please understand.

Sep 2012
Nae_Gevurah said:
Take a look at the male-oriented world around you. Or maybe that the majority of religions, even cultures, out there are far more harsh on women and historically abused and belittled them. Or maybe the vast majority of anime, specifically "hentai" anime, that is about, or all about, degrading and dominating women? Where's the male-being-dominated ones? Lemme know when you find one. The majority of examples of girls hurting guys are comedies, by the way.

As far as your excuse of "it's only a matter of time that he begins to hate females", isn't that a good example of when someone becomes sexist and stops thinking about who's actually involved? And how is that somehow a rebuttal to what I said?

If you think that a girl like myself being less bothered by a guy getting hurt than a girl getting hurt as being sexist, two things: (1) Sexism is the belief that one gender is superior to the other, and I never said anything about superiority, and (2) if you feel that way, so be it, but it just makes me sad.
Damn, so much bullshit all in one post.
Nov 16, 2013 3:49 PM
Oct 2011
You guys should be enlightened
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOz89LCRr6k
Nov 16, 2013 3:53 PM

Jan 2013
Nae_Gevurah said:
Take a look at the male-oriented world around you. Or maybe that the majority of religions, even cultures, out there are far more harsh on women and historically abused and belittled them. Or maybe the vast majority of anime, specifically "hentai" anime, that is about, or all about, degrading and dominating women? Where's the male-being-dominated ones? Lemme know when you find one. The majority of examples of girls hurting guys are comedies, by the way.

As far as your excuse of "it's only a matter of time that he begins to hate females", isn't that a good example of when someone becomes sexist and stops thinking about who's actually involved? And how is that somehow a rebuttal to what I said?

If you think that a girl like myself being less bothered by a guy getting hurt than a girl getting hurt as being sexist, two things: (1) Sexism is the belief that one gender is superior to the other, and I never said anything about superiority, and (2) if you feel that way, so be it, but it just makes me sad.

Well, we gotta get started on equality sometime. Hitting a man should be considered as bad as hitting a woman.
Please understand.
Nov 16, 2013 3:54 PM

Apr 2012
Candor said:
You guys should be enlightened
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOz89LCRr6k

My hero. He knows whats up, women have gotten to cocky since we gave them freedom. Biggest mistake man ever made, I tell you.
Nov 16, 2013 4:07 PM

Sep 2012
lol go back to tumblr please.
Nov 16, 2013 4:14 PM

Apr 2012
My theory is that real equal treatment can never be achieved. I think its (human) nature to want to dominate and rule everything, and women were probably oppressed in the past because they were weaker. Now that a persons strength isnt exaclty measured by muscle power but by money and income I think is why we see a trend in promoting equal treatment and not necesarily because we have been enlightened or are better people. And I have no doubt that if the circumstances somehow change that women are considered stronger and men weaker, men would probably get oppressed and ruled by women just like in the past men did with women.

I dont think humanity is as civilized as some think it is.
Nov 16, 2013 4:50 PM

Aug 2012
I honestly couldn't hold myself back from repeating the same action to anybody of any gender that physically assaulted me. If you slap me, I slap you. If you punch me, I'll punch you.

Many women abuse this privilege of being "fragile" just to get away with hitting men.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Nov 16, 2013 4:55 PM

Apr 2012
Nae_Gevurah said:
baki502 said:
My theory is that real equal treatment can never be achieved. I think its (human) nature to want to dominate and rule everything, and women were probably oppressed in the past because they were weaker. Now that a persons strength isnt exaclty measured by muscle power but by money and income I think is why we see a trend in promoting equal treatment and not necesarily because we have been enlightened or are better people. And I have no doubt that if the circumstances somehow change that women are considered stronger and men weaker, men would probably get oppressed and ruled by women just like in the past men did with women.

I dont think humanity is as civilized as some think it is.

I agree with all of this, actually, except the "all humans want to dominate" part.

It's one of the reasons why I love the Internet so much, because everyone is reduced to an equal level, where only their communication, knowledge, and sometimes technical skill are the factors of inequality.

I think the OP was trying to talk about the emotional impact of seeing women get hurt, rather than the moral implications of it, though those two are closely related.

I'm a little surprised, though, to hear something much more level-headed from you after seeing your "women have gotten to (sic) cocky since we gave them freedom" comment, which just sounds misogynistic. Interesting choice of words with "cocky" there, lol.

Oh that I was just trying to hate-bait. Sometimes I just love forcing reactions out of people. And yeah I thought it was kind of funny to use cocky right there :D.

And yeah not all humans want to dominate but I think a good chunk do. Its probably a milder version of eat or be eaten instinct.
Nov 16, 2013 4:56 PM

Dec 2012
Nae_Gevurah said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Pure sexism and double standards. So you think women committing violence against men is fine and dandy but men committing violence against women is the worst thing ever? You know that causes a cycle of gender based violence. If a male is frequently abused by a female it's only a matter of time that he begins to hate females and take his hatred out on innocent females who have done nothing to him and then those females will carry on the cycle by hating males and being violent to males.

Yes overall the world is still very male oriented as in many parts of the world like Middle East women are still seen as second-class citizens and do not have nearly the same rights and opportunities that men do. I have noticed that most feminists I have seen love to point this out when in debates but in actuality they don't do much to actually address these problems. The majority of time is instead spent on finding bullshit things to complain about and label as sexist on the internet when they in fact they live in a country with very high gender equality.
Nov 16, 2013 5:26 PM

Sep 2012
I love those moments because it's anime and not real, and generally the person who gets slapped deserves it.

In real life is a different story and situation dependent, but I wouldn't do it unless my life or balls were being threatened.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Nov 16, 2013 5:32 PM

Jun 2008
Should I be pissed off?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02KmtTyM4fU

^NOPE, that was VERY enjoyable.

XD
Nov 16, 2013 5:44 PM

Dec 2012
Nae_Gevurah said:
@baki502: Ah, I see. No worries, I understand what you mean.

Nicobade said:
I have noticed that most feminists I have seen love to point this out when in debates but in actuality they don't do much to actually address these problems. The majority of time is instead spent on finding bullshit things to complain about and label as sexist on the internet when they in fact they live in a country with very high gender equality.

I forgot that my awareness should be limited to just what lies inside my country of origin's borders. Thanks for reminding me to mind my own business. Who said I was a feminist, anyway? Well, I don't really know if I am, but I don't carry that label around, it seems to make people angry. I was pointing out that whom I was quoting was essentially saying that my views are a logical cause for men to hate all women and excuse them for being that way. Or in other words, he called me sexist, then made that to be a good excuse to become sexist. Which is really stupid.

I don't see how you understood any of my post to mean that I think people shouldn't discuss problems outside of their country. My exact point was that people shouldn't limit themselves to just complaining about trivial things in their own country but should actually work towards solving issues where they are most prevalent.

And I read the post that you were responding to. He did not imply that there was any justification in sexism against women, he only explained some correlation. Hypothetical situation: A police officer is examining a murder case and he figures out that Person A shot Person B because Person B was sleeping with Person A's wife. It's not like the police officer is trying to say that Person A did the right thing and that he should be excused for it, all he is doing is explaining the reasoning behind the actions and how it led to this scenario. Also honestly I don't particularly agree with his statement anyway though, I don't believe there is any real connection between violence against women and prior violence against men. I'm sure plenty of men who always get hit by women have a bit of a feeling of frustration against women but those men typically aren't the main perpetrators of abuse.
BelovyNov 16, 2013 5:56 PM
Nov 16, 2013 5:57 PM

Sep 2012
Not really. When girls do it, they have it into a funny moment like the guy was stupid or got into trouble. When it's reversed shit just got real and a fight is gonna happen. That's my experence.
Nov 16, 2013 6:45 PM

Aug 2013
Nae_Gevurah said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Pure sexism and double standards. So you think women committing violence against men is fine and dandy but men committing violence against women is the worst thing ever? You know that causes a cycle of gender based violence. If a male is frequently abused by a female it's only a matter of time that he begins to hate females and take his hatred out on innocent females who have done nothing to him and then those females will carry on the cycle by hating males and being violent to males.

Typical biased response. You seriously think that the world itself is male oriented? In the western world the justice system is highly biased against men , women committing violence against men is not seen as serious as men committing violence against women and in many movies and tv shows women committing violence against men is actually seen as a joke. Women have been abused in the past and present but so has men as well. Your point that's its mainly in comedies there are girls hurting guys shows that girls committing violence against guys is seen as a joke and not to be taken seriously, also even though an anime may be a comedy doesn't mean that the excessive violence the male character receives from the female character is justifiable. If females committing violence against males is acceptable in comedies then why shouldn't the opposite be acceptable as well? "It's only a matter of time that he begins to hate females" is not an excuse it's to show what gender based abuse can cause and yes it is an example of someone becoming sexist that is my point. Gender based abuse can cause a person to become sexist. Sexism is not only defined as believing one gender is superior to the other but also being prejudiced based on gender. You were being sexist in your post because you believe that if a guy is hit by a girl he probably did something to cause that and that he should take responsibility.
Nov 16, 2013 7:47 PM

Oct 2012
no it never did but i dont understand why they have to hit back
RRRRRRRRRR
Nov 16, 2013 7:49 PM

Jan 2013
Nope. If a girl can throw a punch then she should be able to take one, she's the one being a bitch after all.
Nov 16, 2013 7:51 PM

Sep 2012
RDW said:
Nope. If a girl can throw a punch then she should be able to take one, she's the one being a bitch after all.
I suddenly feel like quoting Lelouch for some reason.

"Those who are allowed to shoot are those who are prepared to be shot."
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Nov 16, 2013 8:42 PM

Jan 2013
Korrvo said:
RDW said:
I suddenly feel like quoting Lelouch for some reason.

"Those who are allowed to shoot are those who are prepared to be shot."

Lelouch seems to be a wise man.
Nov 16, 2013 9:13 PM

Aug 2013
First of all expected is a synonym for typical and one sided is a synonym for biased. Based on your previous post I expected your one sided response. I fail to see how I insulted you. I will not fully go into detail about my views on the biased justice system, the perpetuation of gender based violence and give evidence to back it up here because that can be seen as going off topic. I can pm you that information at a later time. "The discussion here is about sincerely hurting a woman." It's not the title of this thread is does it piss you off when a guy hits a girl/woman in anime? This applies to all anime whether it be comedic or serious .As I have said before women committing violence against men is seen as a joke so it would be hard to find serious or dark anime depicting a female character abusing a male character. You will most likely see the opposite because men abusing women is taken seriously.
Nov 16, 2013 9:57 PM

Mar 2013
http://i.imgur.com/poCzhvX.gif
meditate on bass weight.
Nov 17, 2013 7:53 AM
Nov 17, 2013 10:29 AM
Mar 2013
No, if they deserve it then they should get hit. And even if they didn't deserve it, I've seen more anime where girls have hit guys who didn't deserve it than vice versa.
Nov 17, 2013 10:50 AM

Nov 2013

You're a fucking double standard moron.
stupidfucker said:
Screw you, 'moshimoshikitty', you fucked up my thread.

Nov 17, 2013 10:50 AM

Nov 2013
Red_Keys said:
Nae_Gevurah said:

Damn, so much bullshit all in one post.
stupidfucker said:
Screw you, 'moshimoshikitty', you fucked up my thread.

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 21

87 by downymaiden »»
12 seconds ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

206 by Thanatos1 »»
51 seconds ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime? ( 1 2 )

BuddhaIsBetter - Apr 19

74 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
3 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

125 by FFandMMfan »»
8 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Apr 23

26 by BatoKusanagi »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.