Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Who is your favorite out of all five of the main characters?
Nov 11, 2013 11:51 PM
Jan 2010
Ranks:
1. Isaki Kaname
2. Hiradaira Chisaki
3. Sakishima Hikari
4. Mukaido Manaka
5. Kihara Tsumugu
Just curious of what everyone thinks :3
I don't hate any of them...yet.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 21, 2013 11:08 AM

Oct 2012
Hikari > Chisaki > Manaka > Kaname > Tsumugu

There is many male main chara that I don't like, but Hikari is just different.
Choosing female over male is given, since I'm male.
Nov 21, 2013 11:13 AM

Aug 2009
Manaka is annoying as fuck, she would be at the bottom of my list, if I had one.
Nov 21, 2013 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
1 Chisaki (Reason why she's at the top is because childhood crushes are adorable so this is just a personal favorite and she has my full support, no logical reason at all, deal with it)
2 Tsumugu (Actually has some sense into his head, why aren't all characters like him)
3 Isaki (Actually has a hold of himselfl, isn't hot headed like Hikari)
4 Hikari (He's only not at the bottom because he starts to get some grip, was a prick at first)
5 Manaka (God damn most annoying heroine ever please someone tape her mouth shut)
Nov 21, 2013 11:21 AM

Dec 2011
Chisaki > Tsumugu >> Kaname > Hikari> Manaka

Hikari has grown up a surprisingly large amount in such a short space of time. I like him almost as much as Kaname now, and quite a bit more than I do Manaka. Compared to near the start when I actively disliked him. Chisaki and Tsumugu are definitely the best characters in this series, though. Although please don't take that as me shipping them together - I don't.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 21, 2013 11:46 AM

Feb 2013
Kaname
Hikari
Tsumugu
Manaka
Chisaki

I like Kaname the most because he isnt as complex as the others and is really kind to everyone.
Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering. (Yoda)
Nov 21, 2013 11:49 AM

Apr 2007
Kaname (has done nothing to piss me off yet)
Chisaki
Hikari (annoying as fuck at first, but is showing signs of growing up)
Tsumugu (boring)
Manaka (annoying)
Nov 21, 2013 11:55 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
1. Hikari
2. Tsumgu & Kaname
4. Chisaki
5. Manaka

I've loved Hikari since the first episode because I knew he would be the one to get the most character development (at least so far), and it's always nice to see the growth of a character. Can't really choose between Tsumugu and Kaname yet because both of them haven't been given too much screen time or character development so they still feel a little distant. But both are very nice and give good insight/suggestions/advice to other characters, although their personalities are also very different. I really like Chisaki too though, and I actually want to put her up there with Tsumugu and Kaname. Basically:

Hikari > Tsumugu = Kaname = Chisaki > Manaka

Not that I dislike Manaka or anything but she's just not the type of character that I would actively like.
Nov 21, 2013 12:07 PM

Sep 2008
Hikari :)
Nov 21, 2013 2:17 PM
Apr 2013
I've only just begun (I'm on episode 4), but I find Hikari and Manaka to be really annoying. I think I like Tsumugu the best so far, seems nice. I'd like to see more of Kaname's character too. Don't know how I feel about Chisaki.
Nov 21, 2013 3:33 PM
Mar 2013
Hikari, Tsumugu, Kaname, Manaka, Chisaki (I just don't like Chisaki... I think she has a b*tch side to her....)
Nov 21, 2013 6:44 PM
Aug 2009
Hikari, Tsumugu, Manaka, Chisaki, Kaname...
Hikari is just awesome, he reminds of a a kid version of Tomoya Okazaki.
Tsumugu's love for Shishio just sold it for me, he does not discriminate and objectively looks at everything.

The last three really dont click with me, Manaka is so meh..., Chisaki is still being stubborn and childish and it annoys the hell out of me, but Kaname... pretty good character, until you remember what he said ep 1. I think most people forget how heartless and cold he can be and ep1 showed us that there is a cold and sinister side to him.
Nov 21, 2013 7:20 PM

May 2013
Where's the "nobody" option?
Nov 21, 2013 7:48 PM
Jul 2018
Chisaki - > Tsugumu -> Hikari -> Kaname -> Manaka

(I don't dislike Manaka I just like the others more)
Nov 22, 2013 1:05 AM

Jul 2010
Kaname>Hikari>Tsumugu=Chisaki>Manaka
Nov 22, 2013 11:31 AM
Sep 2013
Hmmmm, probably Hikari. Probably cause I can relate to him. Chisaki cause, like someone before me said, childhood crushes are adorable. That and she does seem the most mature of the other girls in the show so yea.

Tsumugu isn't, per say, a BAD character. He's just plain is all. Seen a million characters like him before. Would like some personality though
Nov 22, 2013 1:58 PM

Aug 2008
Kaname.
(And I love his seiyuu)
Nov 22, 2013 8:22 PM

Jul 2010
Hikari, no questions about him, he's the only one I like. (Well maybe Tsumugu a little too)
Nov 22, 2013 8:24 PM

Apr 2013
hikari #1
Manaka #5
Nov 23, 2013 7:27 AM

May 2010
Boys:
1st) Kihara (Because he is the more mature, reliable, cool headed oneand smart. I wish they more anime MC is like him)
2nd) Hikari (I didn't like him at first but I'm, getting used to it)
3rd) Kaname (He seems the least important out of all the five)

Girls:
1st) Chisaki (I like her more because she is the only one girl in the group who is aware about their current relationship and that makes her interesting plus she is cute)
2nd) Manaka (I do think she is cute too but she is slow witted and predictable)
Nov 23, 2013 7:55 AM

Oct 2013
Kaname > Chisaki > Tsumugu = Hikari >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Manaka
Nov 24, 2013 10:46 PM

Oct 2009
I think it is still too early to say fav. character, after all we've just reaching 8 out of 26 episodes.
You can see how much Hikari changed in just that time span, maybe we'll see more surprising character development later on.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Nov 25, 2013 6:18 PM

Aug 2008
1- Hikari (It was annoying at first but he developed, he cares about others a lot)
2- Tsumugu (He doesn't talk but he's good. Love it)
3- Manaka (She's dumb, I know but I like how she tries to be better. To change.)
4- Kaname (He didin't do anything yet but I like him more than Chisaki)
5- Chisaki (I hate that kind of character who would be angry with her best friend only because she likes the same guy. She's not kind at all, she only thinks about her feelings. People change, Chisaki. GROW UP.)

「何度も立ち向かい続けよう 大切なもの失いたくないから 信じたそのさきへと・・・」
Nov 25, 2013 7:33 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Manipuladora said:

5- Chisaki (I hate that kind of character who would be angry with her best friend only because she likes the same guy. She's not kind at all, she only thinks about her feelings. People change, Chisaki. GROW UP.)

Unless I'm wrong, I was under the impression that Chisaki was mostly mad at Manaka for not forgetting what she overheard about Chisaki liking Hikari, as well as how Manaka kept trying to get Hikari and Chisaki together :o (and I'm pretty sure it's a typo, but they don't like the same guy ;))
Nov 26, 2013 6:00 PM

Oct 2009
tingy said:
Manipuladora said:

Unless I'm wrong, I was under the impression that Chisaki was mostly mad at Manaka for not forgetting what she overheard about Chisaki liking Hikari, as well as how Manaka kept trying to get Hikari and Chisaki together :o (and I'm pretty sure it's a typo, but they don't like the same guy ;))

I agree. Chisaki is actually in the same boat with Hikari, she was rooting for the person she loved even though it means sacrificing her own happiness. Chisaki is mad at Manaka because she didn't consider her resolve, because she love BOTH Hikari and Manaka, that is why she backed down and wishing that everything wouldn't change and everyone would still be friends.
It is the fact that she is too considerate of her friends feelings that it hurts. She is anything but selfish.
Nov 27, 2013 5:50 AM

Jun 2011
Thread title "Best Out of the 5 Mains",
Mizusi said:
Where's the "nobody" option?

> Why bother commenting?

It's Hikari for me.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 29, 2013 3:31 PM

Jun 2011
I voted Hikari - NOT because he's the one I like the most out of all the cast (I like the quiet trio of Chisaki, Kanade and Tsumugu best), but because his character development and maturation was very nicely handled.
'I met many people. We were separated. And then reunited. This tune contains all those feelings.'
- Nanaka Yatsushiro, Myself;Yourself, Episode 13
Nov 29, 2013 6:55 PM

Oct 2010
Initially I liked Tsugumu since he seemed to be the only person with sense in the show but he's become so preachy at this point that what made him endearing at first is now not. Not to mention his character is so underdeveloped and hailed as correct so often that I feel like I'm forced to like him.

As of now, it's between Chisaki and Kaname. Chisaki's struggles feel so real and I relate with her conflicted feelings. With Kaname, I didn't really feel anything for him up until this week's episode. I see a lot of potential in his character and I hope my speculation about him is correct. If it is, he'd definitely be my fave. character of the show.

Because emulating the guy your crush likes by compromising your own personality? That takes balls.
Dec 13, 2013 11:06 PM

Mar 2012
1.Kaname - His confession was smooth as fuck
2.Tsumugu - I like his level headedness and coolness
3. Hikari - What the fuck bro? Being angry for the stupidest reasons and being overprotective for a girl is not how you get a girl.. U fail

As for the girls
1.Chisaki - She's cute and she is somewhat mature
2.Manaka - She is definitely cuter than Chisaki(IMO) but she's fucking annoying.
Its 420 out there somewhere.

Dec 14, 2013 5:35 AM

Nov 2011
I prefer Hikari
the least would be Tsumugu ^^
Dec 14, 2013 5:17 PM

Jan 2009
Any character is better than Manaka.
english isn't my native language... ;)
Dec 15, 2013 3:59 AM

Feb 2012
1. Chisaki - the queen of this anime, all who don't approve shall die of the saltflake snow
2. Kaname - i like him, he's pretty cool
3. Hikari - i really hated him at first but he's developing into a cool guy~
4. Manaka - need her to develop more if she's gonna get higher on the list, but I don't hate her
5. Tsumugu - he needs more development, i thought the story would focus on him, Manaka and Hikari for a while but then it totally flipped to developing Hikari's sister and those little girls instead D:
smilewolfyDec 15, 2013 4:04 AM
Dec 18, 2013 1:41 PM

Jan 2013
Hm... I can't seem to understand why everyone likes Chisaki so much. She is the least honest of them all and I can't wait for her to mature. But at this point, I don't like her much. She's rather fake on the outside, even though she means well.

1. Hikari. His character development is phenomenal, some of the best I've seen. He annoyed me at first with all his anger, and I love that a lot of his development comes not just from the Manaka love triangle with Tsumugu but also the well-being of his family and Shioshishio.

2. Kaname. I cannot begin to describe what a wonderful young boy he is. He is definitely wise beyond his years and is totally fine with taking a back seat to his friends. He is kind and understanding, even when Chisaki's feelings for Hikari are so painfully obvious.

3. Chisaki. I have a feeling that Chisaki is going to start being more honest with herself, so I'm putting her here for now. I know that she means well and she really cares about all of her friends, but her true emotions are kind of ugly at this point. I can't wait for her to grow up.

4. Manaka. Oh, she's such a sweetheart, but so clueless and annoying. I think she's the one who cares about and needs her friends the most. I think in one episode someone called her the glue that holds them together. But she's not good at thinking objectively, which is a major flaw.

5. Tsumugu. Such little personality! Such little development! I was really hoping for more with Tsumugu. He's been the exact same throughout the anime. I get that it's his thing to be monotone and love the sea, but man, show that you're human sometimes!
Dec 18, 2013 5:53 PM

Oct 2012
kaname

Dec 18, 2013 7:19 PM

Mar 2012
chisaki <3 not sure who my least fave would be. maybe tsumugu?
Dec 19, 2013 4:39 AM

May 2010
Chisaki > Hikari > Kaname > Manaka = Tsumugu

I just love Chisaki so much. As for Hikari, man, what character development! Rest are great too but these two are awesome esp. my chisaki
Dec 19, 2013 10:45 AM

Jul 2012
Kaname for favourite guy, Chisaki for favourite girl. Won't vote yet till the show ends.
Dec 19, 2013 12:38 PM

Jan 2013
mayukachan said:
Won't vote yet till the show ends.

Whoops, that would've been a good idea.
Dec 21, 2013 9:06 PM

Oct 2009
This 12 episode by far, Hikari is (still) the most developed character compared to all the others, and my most favorite character right now. His personality transformation was done quite good, and the author(s) don't push him outside of his character which makes it more 'believable'.
Dec 21, 2013 9:30 PM

Jan 2010
Hikari > Chisaki > Manaka > Tsumugu = Kaname
Dec 28, 2013 3:29 AM

Jan 2013
Kaname 1st
Manaka 5th
Dec 28, 2013 7:22 AM

Dec 2012
I love when I see Manaka being hated so much.

Until now I said Chisaki. Because of episode 13 I'll say Kaname. Goddammit,Chisaki,just be honest with your feelings and choose one of the males,don't toy with Kaname's feelings for you.
Dec 29, 2013 7:12 AM

Aug 2010
Hikari no doubt! His development is astonishing :D
Dec 29, 2013 7:44 AM

Jul 2013
1. Hikari
2. Tsumugu
3. Chisaki
4. Manaka
5. Kaname

I don't think I need to explain why Hikari is first =] He's had the most character development and generally appeals to everyone, I believe. He's moved on the most out of all the characters, so kudos to him taking a big step forwards in the span of just 13 episodes.
I'm curious to see so many people down-grade Tsumugu, but it doesn't surprise me, since he hasn't been given the needed screen time in the anime. However, I see a lot of potential in him as a character. Not to mention I really feel for him =< His unreachable star, Shioshishio, will forever be out of reach. I hope he gets Ena and returns to the sea.
Chisaki comes third, due to her emotional battle and conflict within herself. It was really interesting to see her level up from a person who didn't want to move on to a person who accepted the reality of the fact that life can not be at a standstill.
Manaka comes second-last because, well, she deserves some appreciation. She's a bit weak and was confused for the most part, but her heart was strong and she is generally a good person. With her sacrificing herself for Akari, she rose up in my eyes =3
Kaname comes last because he couldn't keep his cool in the end -_-" I understand him entirely (read my post on the 13th page of the ep.13 discussion), but I can't give him enough credit.

If this involved all the characters, my top five would be:
1. Uroko-sama (I'm sure he isn't heartless, since he himself said he knew what love felt like)
2. Akari (a lone woman in Japan, battling for her right to be who she wants to. That alone is enough to make her No.1, but she's No.2 for now)
3. Hikari
4. Tsumugu
5. Miuna (strong little kid she is)
Aug 21, 2016 12:34 PM

Jan 2016
1. Tsumugu
2. Chisaki
3. Kaname
4. Hikari
5. Manaka

(btw i ship Chisaki x Tsumugu)
I don't see the problem people have with Tsumugu and i love purple haired characters
TatyonnaJan 9, 2017 6:13 PM
Aug 21, 2016 2:09 PM

Aug 2012
Well. I was going to write Shiodome Miuna here even though the op clearly says 5 main characters.

That would be Hikari then.

Miuna is also one of the main characters though.
NyctihawkAug 21, 2016 2:13 PM
あの海を遠く遠く見渡す その向こうに新しい世界が見えた 幻想のように

Apr 17, 2019 9:46 PM

Aug 2017
Olveparty said:
Manaka is annoying as fuck, she would be at the bottom of my list, if I had one.
Yeah she was annoying, I didn't like her scenes.

Chisaki was best and prettiest.
Sep 10, 2019 5:50 AM

Oct 2010
I didn't like any of them, chisaki was anoying after time skip, same as tsumugu. Hikari is too angry an manaka is too boring and un interesting. Kaname is cool though but kinda obsessive. I liked Sayu from the whole series.
Sep 10, 2019 6:14 AM

Jun 2016
Tsumugu and Chisaki>Manaka and Kaname equal>Hikari

I don t like Hikari though he become tolerable end

I love Tsumugu and Chisaki the most.

Sep 25, 2019 1:45 PM

Nov 2018
Well,I don't hate them. But also they are not my fav. Cuz Miuna is my fav.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.