Forum Settings
Forums

Theatrical Release of 'Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo' in North America Announced

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Nov 11, 2013 6:42 PM

According to a post on FUNimation's official Evangelion Facebook page, "Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo" will be airing in theaters across the United States and Canada in January 2014. The airing dates and cities will be announced "in a few weeks."

"Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance" was released in North American theaters back in January 2011 while "Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone" was released back in July 2009.

Source: Facebook page
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski

Nov 11, 2013 6:55 PM

Awesome news! Sadly I doubt I'll get to see it in theaters. Where I live they don't seem to get stuff like this.

Nov 11, 2013 7:07 PM

I would expect some airings in California where I live, but for some reason it seems to be untrue :(
Waiting for BBCode to come back.

Nov 11, 2013 7:36 PM

Any word on the Japanese release of 4.0 in theatre's?

Nov 11, 2013 7:37 PM

broodo said:
Any word on the Japanese release of 4.0 in theatre's?
There's a chance that it may be released around December 31st.

Nov 11, 2013 8:03 PM
neat. guess ill go watch it even though i have it.
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Nov 11, 2013 8:05 PM

Cool, airing two years after I watched it.

Nov 11, 2013 8:08 PM

Cool. Will probably go see it.

Nov 11, 2013 8:29 PM

I won't spend a cent on this train wreck.

Nov 11, 2013 8:38 PM

Guess this will make it eligible for nomination of Oscar....perhaps of next year?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Nov 11, 2013 8:55 PM

DraconisMarch said:
I won't spend a cent on this train wreck.
lol

Nov 11, 2013 8:58 PM

Will probably pass on this but nice to see it reaching a larger audience.

Nov 11, 2013 9:08 PM

I'll check it out even though I've watched it a couple of times already. I'm guessing it will be dubbed?
[center]

Nov 11, 2013 9:09 PM

Fuck you Australia.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro

Nov 11, 2013 9:21 PM
symbv said:
Guess this will make it eligible for nomination of Oscar....perhaps of next year?

It won't be considered for an Oscar nomination.

Nov 11, 2013 9:22 PM

VioLink said:
I'll check it out even though I've watched it a couple of times already. I'm guessing it will be dubbed?
Ah shoot, I didn't think of that. Maybe I won't go see it after all.

Nov 11, 2013 9:24 PM

Mahou_Kony said:
VioLink said:
To honest the dub isn't THAT BAD.
I'd go see it with a few friends to see their "This is horrible" reaction.

Nov 11, 2013 9:25 PM
VioLink said:

It'll be dubbed on Blu-Ray and DVD.it'll be shown in theaters with the English dub and Japanese with English sub.

Nov 11, 2013 9:26 PM

it sucked, at most watch it for free. i paid for a theater showing in Japan Town San Francisco and regret it. it's designed to piss off eva fans
Fiction Responsibly

Bet it will air in Texas were Funimation is located.

joe-anime said:
symbv said:
I not talking about whether it will be considered. I am talking about whether it is eligible for nomination. See the difference?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Nov 11, 2013 9:29 PM

Unit-01 said:
Mahou_Kony said:
VioLink said:

Let's not get into this dub v. sub argument. Some people like dubs, some like subs. What does it matter? Are they not the same movie?

Nov 11, 2013 9:30 PM
symbv said:
joe-anime said:
symbv said:
I not talking about whether it will be considered. I am talking about whether it is eligible for nomination. See the difference?

I know the difference,i'm telling you it won't be considered.the last 3 weren't.

Nov 11, 2013 9:33 PM

alexpte said:

But t came out last year, November 2012.

Nov 11, 2013 9:34 PM

joe-anime said:
I know the difference,i'm telling you it won't be considered.the last 3 weren't.
I don't think it will be considered either. But my main point is if it is eligible with this American release.

Nov 11, 2013 9:36 PM

GKage said:
Unit-01 said:
Mahou_Kony said:
VioLink said:

Let's not get into this dub v. sub argument. Some people like dubs, some like subs. What does it matter? Are they not the same movie?
You have some issues, I've never even tried to stir up that kind of argument, the only one here trying to stir things up here is you.

Edit: I just realized my wording might have implied that I was talking about the dub, but no I was talking about the movie.
Modified by RX-782, Nov 11, 2013 9:39 PM

Nov 12, 2013 12:57 AM
i remember going to the theatre to watch Evangelion 2.0. It was pretty disappointing. it looked like it was just played from the dvd and the resolution wasn't very high and it was only stereo audio. I might as well have watched it in the comfort of my own home.

Nov 12, 2013 2:34 AM

xHoneythief said:
Raven-san said:
Fuck you Australia.
Given how you have listed your location as Australia, I'm going to assume you mean 'why no Australia?'.
You do know it was screened at Reel Anime this year, right?

Yea we never get stuff like this. Not popular enough I guess.

Reel Anime, never heard of that. I'm assuming thats only based in QLD? Judging from your location.

Nov 12, 2013 3:03 AM

Yeeeaaayyyyyyyy!!! :DD

Nov 12, 2013 3:13 AM

IndoExamurai said:
xHoneythief said:
Raven-san said:
Fuck you Australia.
Given how you have listed your location as Australia, I'm going to assume you mean 'why no Australia?'.

Reel Anime, never heard of that. I'm assuming thats only based in QLD? Judging from your location.

Nah, man, it's country-wide. Australia even had it aired earlier than the US one, but I think it was subbed.
http://www.reelanime.com/

Nov 12, 2013 6:41 AM

Exciting news! I really hope they air the movie in my town. (:

Nov 12, 2013 8:20 AM

I'm more interested to know the release date for 4.0

Nov 12, 2013 11:35 AM

Can't wait to re-watch this shitstorm!

Nov 12, 2013 1:12 PM

3.0 is the best movie yet. Can't wait to re-watch it full screen.
you sound poor

Nov 12, 2013 11:10 PM

GKage said:
alexpte said:

But t came out last year, November 2012.

My bad, been so long I lost track of time

Nov 13, 2013 2:16 AM

Why can´t this come to Europe? That would be like caturday :(
Nyah, no ,Nyah ~

Nov 13, 2013 2:47 AM

xHoneythief said:
IndoExamurai said:
xHoneythief said:
Raven-san said:
Fuck you Australia.

It's an annual event run by Madman where they screen 4-5 anime films. It's held in a few places around Australia, not just in Queensland. Most of the major cities did it.
3.0, as I said, was shown at this year's Reel. It was just last month, actually.

That being said, if you didn't catch 3.0 then, you've probably missed your chance, as I doubt Madman plan to bring it back to theatres after that. IIRC, Reel ran for two weeks.
EDIT: I was just checking their Facebook page. Someone asked if they had plans to bring the dub to theatres, and they said "As we have already done our theatrical campaign as part of REEL ANIME, we currently don't have plans to do a dub release theatrically."

... Am I the only one who's noticed that whenever I reply to news posts, I often end up mentioning Australia?

Anyway, can I just say, if you plan on seeing 3.0, I urge you to see it in cinemas! It's a lot more fun that way, with a bunch of other Eva geeks with you.

Suprised. Never really heard of that. But it's good to know now though.

Nov 13, 2013 10:09 AM

Not interested in seeing it on the big screen, but always happy to see more anime movies in western theaters.

Nov 13, 2013 1:27 PM

Haven't watched it yet, but haven't heard too many good things about it. Regardless, I'll still watch it. I always try to catch anime flicks when they're being screened in the US. Especially if it's a dub. Even a re-screening of an old movie, I'll still try to attend.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage

Nov 14, 2013 3:15 AM

so much crying in this thread.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!

Nov 15, 2013 7:34 PM

And just like that im going to see it....for the plot really...
I'am Thou And Thou Art I...And we're a HAPPY FAMILY!!!

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.