Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 11, 2013 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dat teddy bear. I can't take it seriously lol but I guess they have to do what they have to do to protect Maki. I still like Maki's bonding with those two though. Haruharu :p

Teddy bears ftw. I like how Kirishima is able to kick some ass against those swat guys. Emotional episode ;.;

Really glad they all survived though.
Nov 11, 2013 10:55 AM

Apr 2013
Finally the episode is out :D
Nov 11, 2013 11:54 AM

Oct 2013
Don't like the way they deviated from the manga, which depicted this fight alot better. This is probably the biggest deviation yet.

All in all good episode, I think they are rushing the story because of their limited episode count. If you're interested in the story, I highly recommend reading the manga to get a better grasp at what's going on
ProjectToastNov 11, 2013 12:00 PM
Nov 11, 2013 12:56 PM

May 2010
ok episoded. lots of action.

-1 for the overuse of shitty CGI. 2/5
Nov 11, 2013 1:15 PM
Nov 2012
Havn't watch the subs ver yet, but from the perspective of a person that is following the manga, the anime took a swift and rapid near-90 degree handbreak turn and deviated from the manga itself with almost immediate result.

Good news/Bad news. Bad News, we wouldn't able to enjoy all the interesting story and character that are available in the manga(which there are many), they did keep several of the key character, thou I would say Kongou didn't play much of a key role in the manga apart from looking absolutely sadistic that she already does in the anime, the anime is now pretty much a spin-off from the manga and it is no longer an adaptation. And to the good news....well is more of a OK news, I am really interested on what they are able to do with their current story direction, it makes people who read the manga like me unable to predict the events that are coming. There is now no telling, sure there will probably be some familiar faces but I doubt it will be along the story lines . This is going to be another Girls Und Panzer moment for me...cant bloody wait, but yet dissapointed at the same time.

Now from the perspective of the anime viewer who hasn't read the manga, it is quite well done, action as usual and sound effect have always been Ars Nova strong point and that is no exception here. So if all goes to plan, next episode will cut down on action for some R&R soft comedy and entertainment from our beloved Tsundere Heavy Cruiser and a hybrid Battleship in Iwoto. Going to be bloody interesting now that Haruna and co join in and are now and (again completely different to the manga) abandon loyalty to Kongo.

8/10 (-2 because of the deviation from the manga).
Nov 11, 2013 1:36 PM

Mar 2012
Jyuu-niDesu said:
Havn't watch the subs ver yet, but from the perspective of a person that is following the manga, the anime took a swift and rapid near-90 degree handbreak turn and deviated from the manga itself with almost immediate result.

Good news/Bad news. Bad News, we wouldn't able to enjoy all the interesting story and character that are available in the manga(which there are many), they did keep several of the key character, thou I would say Kongou didn't play much of a key role in the manga apart from looking absolutely sadistic that she already does in the anime, the anime is now pretty much a spin-off from the manga and it is no longer an adaptation. And to the good news....well is more of a OK news, I am really interested on what they are able to do with their current story direction, it makes people who read the manga like me unable to predict the events that are coming. There is now no telling, sure there will probably be some familiar faces but I doubt it will be along the story lines . This is going to be another Girls Und Panzer moment for me...cant bloody wait, but yet dissapointed at the same time.

Now from the perspective of the anime viewer who hasn't read the manga, it is quite well done, action as usual and sound effect have always been Ars Nova strong point and that is no exception here. So if all goes to plan, next episode will cut down on action for some R&R soft comedy and entertainment from our beloved Tsundere Heavy Cruiser and a hybrid Battleship in Iwoto. Going to be bloody interesting now that Haruna and co join in and are now and (again completely different to the manga) abandon loyalty to Kongo.

8/10 (-2 because of the deviation from the manga).

Truer words have never been spoken, you right now this episode has now officially turned into its own story rather than following the manga which as a reader of the manga i am sad to say i am dissapointed

however from another note just like u said it would be very interesting to see how the story will go on now at the very least now i can expect some surprises and the show is still interesting and good to watch despite the manga deviations

I guess now the major concern now is how other readers of the manga will take it from here i guess il wait and see the feedback which i think might be quite a lot

All in all still a good episode
Nov 11, 2013 2:30 PM

Jan 2013
Completly different from the manga, still loved it, I would even think that I like the way the story is conducted in the anime more than in the manga
Nov 11, 2013 2:36 PM

Apr 2010
There where some big changes from the manga guess here is where we will see most differences, not that i am complaining because it was all pretty nice.
I guess we will have to live without some characters tho but it works nicely the way things are going.
I am hoping for more Takao delusions tho.
Nov 11, 2013 2:41 PM

May 2011
I'm reading a manga but I like the anime very much so it's OK with me that they are making full 90 degree turn with the plot. Got to see Takao and battle mode Iona which was nice :)

Also, I cried... a little...
Nov 11, 2013 2:48 PM

Sep 2011
I'm an anime only viewer, but I have to say those last two episodes have been really great for me. Would be interested in learning what's so different from the manga.
Nov 11, 2013 3:00 PM
Aug 2013
Excuse me as I go and build some dams to hold back these feels.
Good episode 10/10
Nov 11, 2013 3:13 PM

Oct 2008
Wow they deviated from the manga big time in this ep.

Nov 11, 2013 3:19 PM

Jan 2013
I laughed so hard, when Kirishima made this toy-squeak sounds while kicking down soldiers left and right.

I am pleased with the anime and after the many posts I will check out the manga after the show ended.
Nov 11, 2013 3:22 PM

Jul 2012
Interesting how this show is getting better and better every episode. Using mental models of fog who are not human to gradually gain human feelings is a good way of progressing development.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 11, 2013 3:23 PM

Oct 2011
Glad they survived that :) Those action scenes, nice ep.
Nov 11, 2013 3:35 PM

Jul 2012
damn this anime keeps getting better and better great ep cant wait for the next
Nov 11, 2013 3:35 PM

Aug 2013
Haruna: I have a favor to ask. Would you be our friend?
Kirishima: Im included?

Too cute
My Candies:
Nov 11, 2013 3:39 PM

Sep 2013
Iolo said:
Haruna: I have a favor to ask. Would you be our friend?
Kirishima: Im included?

Too cute

Hell yes.

Great episode and I'm curious about the ending. I wonder who controls that island the fog or 401 and crew? (rhetorical)
Nov 11, 2013 3:40 PM

Apr 2011
great

another thread with 90% of messages being : "deviated from manga"
Nov 11, 2013 3:48 PM
Jul 2018
1 word, Friendship...

Ahh this episode was very calming. (friendship wise)
Nov 11, 2013 3:50 PM
Nov 2012
Valaskjalf said:
great

another thread with 90% of messages being : "deviated from manga"

Well, I think there is a possibility that most people here watch it after reading the manga as many pure anime viewer have abandon it after being utterly put-away by the CG animation. The storyline and the concept its based in is actually what makes the Manga interesting...quite a large portion of that is missing from the anime.
Nov 11, 2013 4:14 PM

Aug 2010
Well the plot for me was much more deeper and interesting in the manga compared to the anime. What made it special compared to other anime/manga was the depth it explored human complexity/interaction. While the anime still retains some aspects of this, its feels to me that it's sunk to a different level. its depth of plot (for lack of a better way to describe it) is still admirable but no longer comparable to that of the manga
Nov 11, 2013 4:29 PM

May 2013
A fighting teddy bear is always awesome. Nice to see Haruna and Kirishima becoming friends with Makie.
Nov 11, 2013 4:30 PM

Jul 2012
Well the highlight of this episode was the teddy bear fighting like a boss, and everyone is safe for now.

Great episode!!!
Nov 11, 2013 5:07 PM
Dec 2012
Haruharu developed emotional attachments to Makie. It's another growth of her mentality. Kirishima was funny again. I laughed when Makie fled with Yotaro in her arms while Kirishima thought she was babysitting Makie.

Brilliant. One of the best episodes from the season. Considering it's a CG anime, I think it's amazing.
Nov 11, 2013 5:19 PM

Nov 2012
kirishima is so adorable in teddy bear form *w*
really good &emotional episode o:
though, does that mean that the mental models dont die when their ship is destroyed?

& interesting preview.. an egg robot xD
Nov 11, 2013 5:52 PM

Jan 2013
Viviaan said:
kirishima is so adorable in teddy bear form *w*
really good &emotional episode o:
though, does that mean that the mental models dont die when their ship is destroyed?

& interesting preview.. an egg robot xD

It seems the mental models only survives if their core is left intact. At least that's conclusion I came to from Haruna saving Kirishima's core when their ships were destroyed. It seems like their mental model and ships are just nano materials controlled from their core.
Nov 11, 2013 5:54 PM

Sep 2013
Great character development. It feels like the Fog can understand human emotions pretty damn well, given the correct factors.

Well, at least this deviation from the manga is still enjoyable for me, having despite not reading the manga before yet. Some of the anime was total crap from deviation, so hopefully this deviation would be interesting..
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Nov 11, 2013 6:52 PM

Mar 2012
Another nice episode. This shift away Gunzou and Iona did wonders with the character development of Kirishima and Haruna, and it seems like at least Haruna has become more human than ever. Much remains to be seen about Kirishima, however. Is Makie starting her own Fog harem? We know Gunzou already has Iona and Takao, possibly Hyuuga given the end of this episode too.
Nov 11, 2013 7:56 PM

Aug 2013
-ShadowClaw- said:

Truer words have never been spoken, you right now this episode has now officially turned into its own story rather than following the manga which as a reader of the manga i am sad to say i am dissapointed

however from another note just like u said it would be very interesting to see how the story will go on now at the very least now i can expect some surprises and the show is still interesting and good to watch despite the manga deviations

I guess now the major concern now is how other readers of the manga will take it from here i guess il wait and see the feedback which i think might be quite a lot

All in all still a good episode

We share the same sentiment. I liked the story from the manga with so many sub plots. Deviating from the original story is both bad and good. The bad thing: a lot of content is cut and changed. The good thing: it's no longer the story we know so there might be some pleasant surprises.

I'm worried about the lack of admiralty code, a very important part of the story. Yamato too.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 11, 2013 8:13 PM
Oct 2012
xchee said:
We share the same sentiment. I liked the story from the manga with so many sub plots. Deviating from the original story is both bad and good. The bad thing: a lot of content is cut and changed. The good thing: it's no longer the story we know so there might be some pleasant surprises.

I'm worried about the lack of admiralty code, a very important part of the story. Yamato too.

I have not read the manga, but I have noticed that the readers, while a bit disappointed, are still overall, happy with the adaptation. You should count your blessings. Adaptation is hard work, but it appears that the creators of this show, rather than half-assing it (as they did with SAO) are trying to tell the story in the time they were allotted in a straight forward, consistent manner. From reading the comments it appears that they have invested some energy into rewriting it so that they can tell the story in a single cour; this makes me very happy. I can always buy the manga later, but a bad incomplete show lasts forever.

As for the "Admiralty code", they mentioned it a couple of times before, so I think it will have more significance later on.
Nov 11, 2013 8:26 PM
Sep 2012
ProjectToast said:
Don't like the way they deviated from the manga, which depicted this fight alot better. This is probably the biggest deviation yet.

All in all good episode, I think they are rushing the story because of their limited episode count. If you're interested in the story, I highly recommend reading the manga to get a better grasp at what's going on
No wonder why Iona showing up seemed cheap and like an ass-pull.
Nov 11, 2013 8:31 PM

Mar 2012
this episode was awesome possum
Nov 11, 2013 8:45 PM

Nov 2011
could it be a takao episode next??
Hate Keeps me warm
Nov 11, 2013 9:28 PM

Apr 2009
I jumped to episode 6 after reading all of the manga

Laughed out loud at the Iona ex Machina
Nov 11, 2013 9:29 PM

Jun 2012
Actually, that wasn't a bad episode. More mental models developed emotions for humans ^^

Nov 11, 2013 10:01 PM

Jan 2013
Excellent episode. This anime is turning out way better than I thought it would after the first couple episodes.
Nov 11, 2013 10:20 PM

Apr 2008
Okay, except Haruna's new don't hurt human view. Part of her character development, but less subtle.
And Iona's sudden coming. Would preferred Maya to do the cavalry, alas the poor girl got ignored again :P
nseikaNov 12, 2013 12:17 AM
Nov 11, 2013 10:59 PM

Aug 2013
What I hear in this episode : Maki, Haruharu, tomodachi, and a lot of boom boom boom ratatatatatat yaaah boom boom boom ratatatatataat hahahaha.

Finally I get to see Iona again, my day is complete. I hope haruharu and teddy join gunzo's crew.

And what's with Takao in the end? what happened to her?
Nov 11, 2013 11:00 PM

Jun 2010
Lol didn't know that a blushing teddy bear can be that cute..
Nov 11, 2013 11:33 PM
Jun 2013
look what i found! in opening LOL http://i44.tinypic.com/a17exy.jpg

so in the end who talk with takao is hyuuga? LOL i thought she die, coz she gravity canon with iona :(

well this a great episode n finaly can see iona again :)
Nov 11, 2013 11:48 PM

Apr 2013
Who knew battleships and submarines are that powerful ON land.
Nov 12, 2013 1:02 AM

Aug 2008
Oh goodie. Better read the manga now then. I like it that they're going a fresh route. It just has to be well made I guess, but if it deviated from the Manga, then I'm more interested on reading it now, since I do like the genre.

Aside from that, epic action. I like the use of forceshields being used offensively :)
Nov 12, 2013 1:32 AM

Dec 2008
I'm kind of glad to hear that this is a deviation from the Manga; don't get me wrong, I'm still in love with this series but Iona kind of conveniently showing up was a bit much. Now I'm definitely looking forward to reading the Manga once this adaptation wraps up.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Nov 12, 2013 2:20 AM

Apr 2008
This was what I feared last week. Especially seeing the changes to the doctor. I was afraid they'd dumb down this epic scene and sadly I was right.
Nov 12, 2013 3:13 AM

Apr 2011
OMG! That talking egg shaped thingie will suddenly pull out tentacles and tentacle rape Takao!!!

Just kidding...

Anyway, good episode. It seems this adaptation is stand alone from the manga.
Nov 12, 2013 4:00 AM

Apr 2011
Right when I was able cope with all these changes and accepted Arpeggio as own thing, it ruins all my expectation. Why it can't have at least a bit subtlety?! I didn't saw that much of cheese since first season of Valvrave (can't speak for second as I don't watch it). 0/10, but next episode should be fun at least.

FlamingYu said:
Who knew battleships and submarines are that powerful ON land.

They are not THAT powerful. Actualy they are lot of STRONGER. Haruna should Stomp like King instead of crying like kid...
Nov 12, 2013 4:55 AM

Apr 2013
juliusqin said:
look what i found! in opening LOL http://i44.tinypic.com/a17exy.jpg

so in the end who talk with takao is hyuuga? LOL i thought she die, coz she gravity canon with iona :(

well this a great episode n finaly can see iona again :)

Considering it was rather suggestive with the OP, I'll tell you anyway just in case. Bear in mind as long the core inside the mental models remain intact, it doesnt matter what happen to their ships (same thing with what happened to Kirishima and haruna)

Anyway, rather shocked that they deviated big time from the manga, but its a good thing to not know what to expect anymore as a manga reader.
Nov 12, 2013 5:50 AM

Jun 2013
this episode is so epic. NO , every episode is so EPIC!!!!....i really can't wait for next week....
Nov 12, 2013 6:19 AM
Feb 2012
Great episode. I think they'll manage to wrap this up very good for 12 ep anime. The changes from manga are OK in my books, they are seriously doing great.

So Hyuuga finally appears lol
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2013

127 by Ilfracombe »»
Apr 23, 2023 4:23 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2013

109 by Ilfracombe »»
Apr 15, 2023 5:06 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

196 by Gendolfas »»
Feb 14, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2013

153 by TechOtaku »»
Nov 23, 2022 1:06 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Elite60 - Oct 7, 2013

242 by Ashhk »»
Aug 27, 2020 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.