Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 1, 2023 2:56 PM
Jan 2018
Guessing that happens to yato clan when they spend there life in darkness? Don’t recall the sun affecting kaguya like this come to think of it has she been in the sun before?
Jun 27, 2023 1:30 AM

Apr 2016
No, Gintama, I won't buy a respectful ending to Housen, a man who force women to prostitue, who kill women when they get pregnant along their children, who was going to kill all of them just because he want.
So I didn't like this episode. Maybe is the first episode of Gintama I haven't liked.
Dec 31, 2023 12:33 PM

Feb 2020
with such an into it's amazing that I can later go into the epsiode and shed tears lol
this bozo with his backstory hmm silly old man forreal
it's crazy though many are definitely dead and have suffered but she's still a light at the end of his life

Feb 12, 4:31 PM

Dec 2010
Commenters here can sometimes be really cringe here. I don't even like the show all that much (I'm ambivalent towards it at best), but it's pretty apparent that Housen isn't being made sympathetic, he's simply being humanised. Mind you, that doesn't come out of nowhere either, since Kamui was going on about "what could have eroded a guy like Housen" from the very start, and now we're just shown that someone has indeed made him aware of emotions in him other than bloodthirst. The flashbacks aren't trying to redeem him either, since they never show Housen standing up for the kid (and did even worse things as time went on).

And why is humanisation of evil characters bad in the first place? Would you rather have him be an evil alien with no understanding of humanity be evil because this is simply what his genes forces him to do? I'm not even arguing about what would be more fun to watch here, but it seems like most people here would rather pretend that the "monsters" in our own history weren't human to begin with, which may be understandable but is also really childish.

In my opinion Housen is a cautionary and his words to Kamui further reinforce this (yeah, Gintama loves to explain its points to a painful degree). Despite all of his bad points he suspected that he may have gone the wrong way all along and so he kept around the only person seeing something good in him, seeing it as more precious than any of his possessions and achievements.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

almozayaf - Jul 28, 2009

95 by SPG_Anima »»
Apr 21, 3:56 AM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Znote - Oct 3, 2009

107 by DaveyUwU »»
Apr 20, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 113 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Randomnamechange - Apr 13, 2009

113 by DigiCat »»
Apr 16, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zerachroma - Jun 23, 2008

88 by decco6226 »»
Apr 16, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 128 Discussion ( 1 2 )

llamaben - Aug 19, 2009

98 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 14, 10:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.