Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 23, 2013 10:48 PM
Nov 2013
Takana_no_Hana said:
thepath said:
I'm didn't watch this anime, but how does this compare to Golden Time ?

I'm not a big fan of romance animes, but Golden Time is one of the few that I liked.

Golden time isn't good as WA2, trust me.

WA2 is much, much better.
Dec 24, 2013 4:09 AM

Aug 2008
Takana_no_Hana said:
thepath said:

I'm not a big fan of romance animes, but Golden Time is one of the few that I liked.

Golden time isn't good as WA2, trust me.

I'd be hesistant to say that until Golden time is completely over. I mean you are probably correct regardless.
Dec 28, 2013 12:14 PM
Feb 2013
This is really underrated, everything on this anime is absolutely great. One of the best rommance drama ever and way better than 1st white album.

thepath said:

its true both of them are rommance genre, but Golden Time is Rom-Com genre and White Album 2 rommance dramma, theres significant different between this two anime. you cant really compare both. except, you do that with the exactly same genre, rom-com with rom-com and rom-dra and rom-dra.
Dec 28, 2013 2:15 PM

Mar 2013
I'll give this a try.. xD
Dec 28, 2013 2:33 PM

Nov 2009
I haven't read through this entire topic, but I feel like this show deserves more attention. I really, really loved it, and I feel that there are others that would enjoy the series as well, who have not yet seen it.

I almost want to check out the source material as well, since the series left a strong impression on me.
Dec 28, 2013 2:43 PM

Oct 2007
I stand by what I said earlier that the show is mainly underrated in the sense that MAL's scale is kind of messed up and doesn't use much aside from 7-9. A little above or below 8 is a perfectly fair score to me.
Dec 28, 2013 5:10 PM

Jul 2012
aPrezzyy said:
Most people who are rating this below 7 probably wanted ONE GIRL to win over the other.. not understanding how it feels to be in the character's shoes whatsoever.

That's entirely subjective. I would have preferred Haruki to end up with neither of the girls and get a flashforward. I have been in Setsuna's shoes (although I never intruded on other peoples' relationships) and I've been in Touma's. (except I never pursued the guy) I just found that the characters were shallow and didn't have much content as well as the story.
Dec 28, 2013 6:11 PM

Aug 2008
The main problem with the show is the drama is poorly done. It's too over-the-top and melodramatic for a realistic anime and didn't really match the earlier vibe. Also Setsuna and Kazusa never really seemed to have a genuine friendship that the show is trying to make us believe they have. Considering its the cause of a lot of the drama it really weakens what could have been.
Dec 29, 2013 2:36 AM
Dec 2013
now it's 8.09 i think it will above 8.5 by some time
Mar 18, 2015 8:07 AM
Apr 2011
43211 said:
WA2 is overrated

WA1 is underrated

White Album 1 is miles better than White Album 2.

Only thing better that WA2 has its the graphics and thats because WA1 came out in 2009 while WA2 in 2013.

But as for characters, setting, romance, and story, WA1 is miles better. You will love all the females in WA1. In WA2, the only female that everyone loved is the quiet tsundere, because everyone loves those.

WA1 is the best harem ever (not the most famous one, thats School Days and DxD). WA1 has no cliches. None of that. Also, one of the best animes I have ever seen.

I definitely recommend watching WA1. Dont be fooled by the low score here on MAL and by the negative comments of other MAL members on the WA2 forums. In fact, read the reviews of WA1 here on MAL and you will see all positives.

Even if WA2 had 26 episodes, it will not be better than WA1.

While I believe WA1 is underrated, it is miles away from WA2. WA1 VN is quite decent, however its anime suffers from the same problem that plagues most VN adaptations as it tries to fit all routes into one story and it makes a mess out of it and it portrays the MC as a dickhead and the ambiguous ending which IMO just does not cut it.

WA2 on the other hand has a much more sophisticated and carefully written plot, albeit much more subtle, instead of the bigger dramas that WA1 has. Both Kazusa and Setsuna is thoroughly developed and is definitely not a simple "quiet tsundure".

Do you even know that the WA2 anime is only the beginning of the series and it has another 80% of its story not covered in the anime? If the entire story is animated(properly), it could definitely beat the likes of Clannad and ef.

TBH, my views could be skewed from an anime viewer as I have completed both WA1 and WA2 anime PLUS VN.

PS: "Harem is an ambiguously-defined subgenre of anime and manga characterized by a protagonist surrounded, usually amorously, by three or more members of the opposing sex and/or love interests." TBH I don't see both WA1 and WA2 as a Harem. You don't expect Yuki, Rina, Haruka, Misaki and Yayoi to share Touya like in DXD right? Heck WA2 has only 2 female lead and a harem ending is definitely out of question.
Mar 18, 2015 8:14 AM

Dec 2013
43211 said:
WA2 is underrated

WA1 is overrated

White Album 2 is miles better than White Album 1.

Sounds better now.

Dec 28, 2015 10:26 PM

Nov 2014
This show is overrated af, not only it sucks at being a romance, it blows at everything else as well.

Dec 29, 2015 11:23 PM

May 2010
ooo333 said:
WA2 is overrated

WA1 is underrated

White Album 1 is miles better than White Album 2.

Only thing better that WA2 has its the graphics and thats because WA1 came out in 2009 while WA2 in 2013.

But as for characters, setting, romance, and story, WA1 is miles better. You will love all the females in WA1. In WA2, the only female that everyone loved is the quiet tsundere, because everyone loves those.

WA1 is the best harem ever (not the most famous one, thats School Days and DxD). WA1 has no cliches. None of that. Also, one of the best animes I have ever seen.

I definitely recommend watching WA1. Dont be fooled by the low score here on MAL and by the negative comments of other MAL members on the WA2 forums. In fact, read the reviews of WA1 here on MAL and you will see all positives.

Even if WA2 had 26 episodes, it will not be better than WA1.

Lol WA1 had no cliches? Were even watching the show?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 29, 2015 11:35 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Definitly the most underrated romance anime ever.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 8, 2016 4:04 PM

Oct 2014
ExTamplier said:
This show is overrated af, not only it sucks at being a romance, it blows at everything else as well.

because u have shit taste mate..

kids nowadays loves trash like shigatsu wa kimi no uso
maybe you also included I thought
Saber
Jan 20, 2016 7:50 PM

Nov 2014
gembelela said:
ExTamplier said:

because u have shit taste mate..

kids nowadays loves trash like shigatsu wa kimi no uso
maybe you also included I thought
1. I hate shitgatsu.
2. Do you Inglish?

May 21, 2016 8:10 PM
Dec 2013
This show to me personally is one of the greatest romance anime series ever made.
It may never get a sequel but it deserves one. The story should be finished.
May 21, 2016 8:39 PM

Jan 2014
stone616 said:
This show to me personally is one of the greatest romance anime series ever made.
It may never get a sequel but it deserves one. The story should be finished.

Honestly and to put it bluntly this was a trash anime, and it's only redeeming quality was the first quarter of the anime. I like romance anime, in fact I love it, but completing WA2 left a very bad taste in my mouth.
May 21, 2016 9:00 PM

Mar 2015
i found it pretty your average romance with slapping NTR on it as shock factor that left really bad taste in my mouth afterwards... sure it's mental provoking, but i can't take it in good ways... i feel really bad for 3rd wheel character and cant feel any empathy in mc and another heroine in the end... i have exactly same problem with kimi ga nozomu ien... if make triangle love, make me have same empathy in all character dammit... don't make me nitpicking about certain character.. this is reason why i prefer WA1...

will, this is mostly my prefference, so i can't say this series is good or bad... but i can't make myself like this series... i don't know if many people feel same...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 1, 2016 2:19 AM
Sep 2013
So the anime is underrated and the visual novel is overrated? Seriously, I think it even beat Muv Luv Alternative as highest rated visual novel of all time in Japan and it rates among the top 5 in the West. Though I guess you could argue that Fate/Stay Night might beat it since its so much more popular that its hard to accurately compare the rating. However, I found it to be full of annoying drama and stupid annoying characters that make me want to punch them in the face.
Sep 2, 2016 3:00 AM
Sep 2016
Maybe in US and Europe this anime was underrated.however,in China this anime has created a tornado.millions of guys love this, which has really upupuprated this anime because they call it masterpiece.I love this anime and sestena but it is really not a masterpiece like clannad.
Sep 2, 2016 8:49 AM
Nov 2014
No.It's great but not everyone will enjoy these kind of romance.
Apr 12, 2017 8:46 AM

Oct 2012
The anime only adapted Introductory Chapter, which honestly, is decent at best. The kinetic novel style made this an easy adaptation but because of its mediocrity, it doesn't stand out.

I read the VN though, everything. If people managed to get past the mediocrity of WA2IC, they'll be rewarded with a masterpiece in WA2CC(I love this VN to bits, not even YU-NO/Sakura no Uta/Subarashiki Hibi can top this).

I'd actually hate for them to adapt WA2CC because I don't trust adaptations. IC was easy enough because of the style but CC will be a mess. People are better off reading the VN so as not to taint the quality.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Apr 12, 2017 8:54 AM

Dec 2014
I think you may be partially right ..but the hate is directed of the first season... I guess
Apr 5, 2018 8:32 AM
Mar 2017
I think so too, it's trully a hidden romance/drama gems
Apr 14, 2018 1:00 PM

Aug 2013
well if it's not for the ending, I would give WA2 full 10/10 score
that sh*t ending took huge chunk out of my ideal score, even school days ending is better in my opinion
but I won't deny this is a good quality romance
Aug 11, 2018 10:02 AM

May 2009
The fact that WA2 breaks with so many tropes makes it a very good romance, but breaking with the norm makes it highly controversial as well.

People calling this shallow have no idea what they're talking about.
Apr 20, 2019 11:58 PM

Aug 2017
Somewhere between 7-8 is where it should be and is.
Jun 10, 2019 6:31 PM

Mar 2019
Hmm the score might even be too high imo. The first half of the season is great then I think it just becomes a mess towards the end.
Oct 26, 2019 7:47 AM

Nov 2018
Underrated for sure
I hate everyone equally
Oct 27, 2019 7:11 AM

Aug 2018
Yes this is underrated, especially considering that bad stuff has way higher score
Dec 2, 2019 12:15 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Absolutely! One of the most under-appreciated anime, in my opinion!

White Album 2 is like the pinnacle of the pain that melodramatic love triangle stories bring. Light at the start but then pulling out all the brakes in the second half to cripple you down, jeez. At the end of the day, I still bloody love the show though.

Couldn’t help but binge then so maybe that’s part of the reason why I felt so dejected and lost. I was in the mood for exactly that however and this show totally nailed it. I really should prepare myself when I’m considering to rewatch this again but I doubt it’d help much, lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

856 by GingZ »»
Mar 1, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.