Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 9, 2013 12:19 PM

Aug 2013

I just saw this vine on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL-AFIC6Wl0

After watching it, it made me realize how many friends I have that are like this. They just feel the need to touch you whenever you are talking to them, and honestly, I find it quite annoying. I am always thinking: "What do you need to touch me for?", "Get out of my space!",etc. I used to tolerate it, but it got annoying very quick.

So, do you guys have friends that are like this, and can you tolerate it? I would love to hear some experiences as well.
Nov 9, 2013 12:19 PM

Jun 2007
If it bothers you why don't you just tell them to stop and make it clear you're serious?

Why are you people so fucking beta all the time?
Nov 9, 2013 12:25 PM

Aug 2013
TallonKarrde23 said:
If it bothers you why don't you just tell them to stop and make it clear you're serious?

I actually do tell them to stop, but they persist to keep on doing it. And I would have you know, I am far from being a beta. I am an alpha male, you would never see me bitching out of something.
Nov 9, 2013 12:26 PM

Jun 2007
ThePimp said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

I actually do tell them to stop, but they persist to keep on doing it. And I would have you know, I am far from being a beta. I am an alpha male, you would never see me bitching out of something.

You're bitching out of making them stop, TheBeta.
Nov 9, 2013 12:31 PM

Feb 2010
I know that type of person, but none of my close friends falls udner that category. Well, being drunk may change the equation. I'm not very fond of it and people will notice so it usually only happens with people I don't know that well or have just met, friends of friends and stuff like that.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 9, 2013 12:33 PM

Feb 2013
I punch people like that in the face. But I hug a lot.
わたしはりんごがすきです. あなた は バカ です :3

Nov 9, 2013 12:36 PM

Aug 2013
TallonKarrde23 said:

As I have stated before, I actually do try to make them stop. The only problem is that they keep doing it. I do not think it is bitching out if you try to stop something, but it keeps happening over and over, at some point, you just get tired of it. That is completely different from just being silent about it and just trying to tolerate it, or trying to get one of your friends to stop it, which is what "TheBeta" would do.
Nov 9, 2013 12:37 PM
Mar 2013
I have no friends so this doesn't apply to me.
Nov 9, 2013 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah I hate people that tend to do this, whenever someone does it to me I end up telling them that they're annoying me. Don't worry I feel you on the subject, it is actually quite annoying.
Nov 9, 2013 12:42 PM

Nov 2013
I'm okay with it, since a lot of people get "touchy-feely" unconsciously. I don't find it particularly annoying though.

But I do have one friend that persists on grabbing my neck all the time. Hence I feel like I've been choked to death five times a day.
Nov 9, 2013 12:46 PM

Jun 2007
ThePimp said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

As I have stated before, I actually do try to make them stop. The only problem is that they keep doing it. I do not think it is bitching out if you try to stop something, but it keeps happening over and over, at some point, you just get tired of it. That is completely different from just being silent about it and just trying to tolerate it, or trying to get one of your friends to stop it, which is what "TheBeta" would do.

You're letting it continue, if they keep doing it then stop being around them or be forceful.
Nov 9, 2013 12:54 PM
May 2012
I don't like physical contact with people.
I don't have any real life friends, so this isn't an issue.
"There is no more effective method of concealment than the broadest publicity."
"naw just be like "in facist america burger is you comrade""
"if maps are hard, suicide is impossible"
Nov 9, 2013 1:17 PM

Apr 2013
I used to question touchy-feely friends. They were usually of the opposite gender.

When I had to ask, it turns out touchy-feely friends (in my case) like you.

But when it came to guys, those guys were just trying to be "buddy-buddy" with you. It's a rare case.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Nov 9, 2013 1:21 PM

Feb 2010
iSheep said:
I used to question touchy-feely friends. They were usually of the opposite gender.

When I had to ask, it turns out touchy-feely friends (in my case) like you.

But when it came to guys, those guys were just trying to be "buddy-buddy" with you. It's a rare case.

Yep, with the opposite gender a lot of body contact usually means they're interested in you - consciously or subconsciously. At least that's my experience too.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 9, 2013 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
I don't like being touched unless it's my family, friends, girl or some good looking girl. Other than that, if someone touches me they need to prepare themselves for some Sweet Chin Music
Nov 9, 2013 1:51 PM

Jul 2013
I had a friend who touched pretty often ( same things what were in that vine) and if I said that he should stop, he thought I was "joking" and did it more.
ᵖᵉʷ ᵖᵉʷ 🔫
Nov 9, 2013 2:27 PM

Apr 2009
I'm kinda touchy-feely. But where I live it's normal to be that way. idk. I'm more affectionate w/ some friends than I am with others. I know who doesn't like physical contact so I avoid it with them.

If you told your friends to stop and they didn't, you probably need to do it while looking way more upset.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Nov 9, 2013 2:29 PM

Sep 2012
I rather like "touchy-feely" people (assuming I like them as a person).

Maybe it's because I grew up with 4 brothers, and being "touchy-feely" was routine every day life. It creates a sense that they're comfortable with you.
Nov 9, 2013 2:40 PM

Oct 2009
I never had this issue, so I don't know what to say. However in specific scenario I don't want my friend to touch me when they drunk, because they could be shooting rainbows from their mouth anytime.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Nov 9, 2013 3:02 PM

Apr 2012
I usually tell people to get the fuck off if I have problems with what their doing.

But touchy-feely friends aren't an actual problem for me. Unless they exaggerate.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Nov 9, 2013 3:48 PM

Oct 2013
I know quite a lot of people like that.. I've never had a girl do it to me though (well, not a sober girl). If it's bugging me I'm just like 'dude, back off, your bursting my bubble here'.

Nov 9, 2013 8:13 PM

Nov 2013
I have a couple of friends who are like that. But I don't really care. It's fine with me. But if it's a family member who goes touchy feely...I get annoyed easily. Don't know why. Probably because I think it's awkward.
今日の朝食はどうだった?
超ショック!!
Nov 9, 2013 8:15 PM

Aug 2012
Huh. Never hand one before.

Although I will say the first time I got hugged (either by a guy or girl) scared the shit out of me. I was not prepared for it.
Nov 9, 2013 8:17 PM

Oct 2013
It used to bother me, now I don't care.
Railroad switch
Nov 9, 2013 8:25 PM

Feb 2013
I like my personal space and people like that usually can't respect it.
Nov 9, 2013 9:48 PM

Apr 2010
Depends on the degree. It is a sign of trust and whatnot, so I dig that. But I don't really want to be groped by people so you know.
Nov 9, 2013 10:07 PM

Jun 2012
The touchy feely guy, yeah, that's me with everyone.
Nov 9, 2013 10:31 PM

Jan 2009
i dont mind
Nov 9, 2013 11:00 PM

Mar 2013
Most of my friends are like that, but never towards to me. I guess I have that attitude that I don't want to be touched.
Nov 9, 2013 11:51 PM

Nov 2013
As long has it hurts, I don't really mind what they do to me.
Nov 10, 2013 2:00 AM

Oct 2012
I require my personal space >_>
Nov 10, 2013 2:03 AM

Nov 2012
i don't have friends who do this, luckily. i already get uncomfortable when people come too close to me..
Nov 10, 2013 2:04 AM

Oct 2011
ThePimp said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

Alpha - You tell them not to do it. If they keep doing it, you beat the shit out of them
Beta - you tell them not to do it. If they keep doing it, stfu and "not bitch about it" because you think you are an alpha.
Nov 10, 2013 2:38 PM

Jan 2013
Most people I'm friends with irl no better than to just touch me out of the blue like that.
Nov 11, 2013 8:49 AM

Sep 2013
I have this thing where if people sit too close to me or touch me unexpectedly it makes me really uncomfortable. Of course I make it clear that I don't like it and that I need my space but it still slips every once in a while. My friends also used to have this habit of picking me up since I've always been on the smaller side so I wonder if that's part of the reason why I've come to hate it. I don't even like hugs which is sucks because even when I feel like I need a hug I don't want to go ask for one because they make me uncomfortable >___<
roboticalNov 11, 2013 8:52 AM
Nov 11, 2013 8:59 AM

May 2013
If he's a friend I know for so long, I don't give a fck. But if he's someone who's just feeling that we're close friends then go fcking die..
ScribeOrigins, MKD 「先生のことが」
Nov 11, 2013 9:05 AM

Mar 2011
I can be touchy-feely with people who I know are okay with it, and when I'm drunk I'm touchy feely with all my friends, they say they don't like it but I know they love it really.
Nov 11, 2013 9:08 AM
Nov 2008
Why not just touch their private parts OP?

An eye for an eye.
Nov 11, 2013 9:08 AM

Sep 2011
I havent had a friend like that in a long time, and even then i didnt give a shit, but hypothetically if i was annoyed by that, even after asking them to stop they would keep going, then id just punch them out if they tried to do it again, granted my group of friends are the ones that'd be able to take that so it really doesnt apply to you if your friends are ones to get pissy over a punch

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

More topics from this board

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Today

13 by 0arche »»
4 minutes ago

» What hobbies, skills, or common views do you wish a significant other had?

IpreferEcchi - 7 hours ago

8 by traed »»
42 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

14 by Kikugi »»
43 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - 11 hours ago

25 by Kikugi »»
46 minutes ago

» What do you think about tourism in your country?

Sad - 1 hour ago

2 by Sad »»
51 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.