Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Nov 10, 2013 5:27 PM

Mar 2012
TehWhiteTiger said:
Rather slow episode, just to decide what to do, but was nice all in all.

But this anime feels over dramatized, they say its dangerous to hunt high level monsters because its not a game, but they can't die, so it's not as if its a huge deal. And the exp potion trick seems exaggerated. I want to know what is behind this story, why are they trapped? they set it up as a 'sucked into a game' world, but there is no danger, so it seems a bit lacking to me.

Anyway, I will continue to watch, its quite interesting to watch.

You do realize that they actually feel pain right? Ie, it hurts to be stabbed/trampled/burnt. They actually had to tone down the violence and gore for the TV broadcast because of the channel it airs on, but in the LN their bodies take damage just like real bodies, ie, blood, guts, everything. The pain is supposed to be toned down, but getting stabbed would still hurt a lot.

Then take into account that this is probably an older MMO system where the death penalty is terrible. I remember in RO, dying at level 90+ would mean you were set back 4+ hours of work. In some MMOs dying once would mean you lost an entire day's worth of progress. In PvP, you can lose all your equipment too. Add actual pain to this scenario and you can see why dying is a huge deal.

RandomNinja said:
Others have noticed, most MMO's don't allow for exp pots to be abused. If they do, then it's nothing new and there is probably a stockpile already.

The system apparently doesn't allow cooking beyond your level even without using the menu, and there are still cool-downs despite not using the menu. My point is that the system is inconsistent. Some say the new trading without the system allows this. When real world type interaction is allowed to break the MMO's rules seems to be at the whim of episode plot.

I'm not sympathetic to the heroes, they acclimated too quickly. Like they have no life outside the MMO. They can't die the true death, and apparently starving isn't an issue with food availability. Making all troubles seem small and unimportant. Trapped to force interest, and dlc for new encounters. I find the assumptions of how people will act when trapped to be wrong.

But I do like MMO based anime. MMO's wasted a lot of my time. It is cool watching them adventure and fight, even if I have lot I have to ignore and suspend.

I answered the question regarding why death is a big deal above. But the EXP pots can be explained by the idea that they're only allowed 1 character per server. Even going by the novel they never explicitly state that you can have multiple characters on the same server. Anyways, if you go by the 1 character per server rule, then there's no chance for it being abused, as most lowbies would get past level 30 rather quickly. It'd be impossible to create a farm like now because nobody would willing keep their only character at level 30.

However, now that they can coerce new players and force them to do things, they can keep them below 30 and turn them into a slave shop. The LN goes into a lot more detail on which mechanics they abuse to keep them from leaving. I don't know if they'll cover it in the next episode or if they decided to cut it because it's too dark.

Also, only a small group of players acclimatized to the new situation, and they're the ones that took control, ie formed the strong guilds, setup the rules. Everyone else who didn't just fell into line or decided to withdraw from everything (ie, like Crescent Moon).

Of course we'd be following main characters who did adapt to the situation instantly, otherwise we'd be following some low level guy who got roped into the bigger guilds or even one of the sweatshop workers. That wouldn't really be interesting enough for 24 episodes.
Nov 10, 2013 6:07 PM

Dec 2008
Oh my Goddess! I do believe I've fallen in love with Shiroe all over again.
Not enough Nyanta in this episode. T__T
Nov 10, 2013 6:22 PM

Aug 2013
So that's where Log Horizon came from, they finally made their debut. Way to go Shiroe! I hope they show some shiroe and akatsuki cos they're quiter a cute couple.

The OP, it rocks! \m/
Nov 10, 2013 7:08 PM

Mar 2013
mayukachan said:
Finally, things are happening. I like the pacing in this show, but I still don't understand the purpose of Serara's arc. :V Also, I wonder why they need so much Gold for this mission...

Fiji said:
the title of the anime has been mentioned!

^

Serara's arc was probably to introduce one of the main characters, Nyanta.
Nov 10, 2013 8:27 PM

Oct 2013
Shiroe mentioned that he just did the Serara rescue in part to distance himself from how he was feeling about the situation at the time (mood of the city).

Anyways, really liking this series and the following ones will be even better at this rate since the setup is ending.
Nov 10, 2013 10:38 PM

Sep 2012
Finally they show us why this show is called "Log Horizon"
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 10, 2013 11:22 PM
Jan 2012
Kattaro said:
Mogami-kun said:
Oh God that title drop...when Shiroe paused, it suddenly dawned on me what it was going to be named. And then bam! Really got the adrenaline flowing. Only thing this episode lacked was Akatsuki. 4/5.

It was the same with me. And I love soundtrack and especially calmed version of main theme. Next episode is going to be interesting and I like the fact that they are explaining many things about this world.

We share the same thoughts. I got chills with that title drop. Honestly, the great aspect of LH is not simply the MMORPG aspect, it's that they teased us a little with the first few episodes, getting the audience acquainted with the world rules and social norms....and now REAL SHIT IS ABOUT TO GO DOWN.
Nov 11, 2013 12:19 AM
Mar 2009
Bleh, I expected it to be a slow episode with Shiroe contemplating over stuff, but I was hoping to be surprised and see him save the twins this episode. Though I guess it makes sense if Shiroe plans to take down the whole-fucking-guild while saving the twins. What a boss.

We didn't actually get to see Akatsuki try out those dresses, lol.

Dat title drop.

I was also expecting to see Nyanta's past avatar (the girl chief of the Debauchery Tea Party) to overlay while he/she was talking to Shiroe about guilds and parties.
Nov 11, 2013 1:53 AM

Mar 2012
Huh...well, I will say this was certainly a slow episode with not a lot happening besides some inner monologue and contemplations by Shiroe.

Well, it seems like it finally got the ball rolling toward the end of the episode. I kinda wondered why this show was called "Log Horizon" and I guess we know why now. It's the name of Shiroe's new guild.

I have a feeling these next few episodes are going to be pretty badass.
Nov 11, 2013 2:46 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

And after the warm-up extended to more rounds, it was decided to occupy the starting square. I'm excited, can not wait to see start! * _ *
The plot I'm liking the steps for reasoned and for the way he treated the topics. Effective narrative, Shiro does not seem like the weakling that we are always more (alas) used to put up in the thousands of animated series that impreversano in recent years.
Drawings that even more refined, just make me regret those of SAO, but not as far as the costume design as in SAO, here is to my liking.
Color very nice design.
Even from this animated series, now I expect a lot! ^ _ ^
Nov 11, 2013 3:26 AM

Oct 2009
Them feels!
Man this got me excited for the next couple of episodes!
Nov 11, 2013 3:51 AM

Sep 2012
How to make 5 million gold pieces? I am sure we will see a new restaurant open in the next episode lol
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 11, 2013 7:17 AM

May 2013
y is this show rated so highly?

a meh episode to a meh show.....

i hate when that blonde hair cry just for shiroe joining the guilding.... i was like wtf, is someone going to die, y cry? LOL bad drama and so average story

whats the point of stuck in the game where dieing is not for real... - -''
Nov 11, 2013 7:48 AM
Oct 2013
na35899 said:

i hate when that blonde hair cry just for shiroe joining the guilding.... i was like wtf, is someone going to die, y cry? LOL bad drama and so average story

from a meh user...

That's your taste. It's just sad that 100% of people who rated higher than you simply disagrees with you.

So not dying when you get stucked in a virtual reality is automatically a meh show? What's the point of watching a meh show with its meh episodes and meh posting on a meh board?
Nov 11, 2013 7:48 AM
Apr 2011
this anime getting more good, and make me want to play the old mmorpg, its ragnarok online.
i played the ragnarok online valykrie uprising because of this anime, it's bring me back the fun....
now, i must waiting for the next episode... one week is so loooong... >.<
Nov 11, 2013 8:12 AM

Jun 2013
mbdsquad said:
na35899 said:

from a meh user...

That's your taste. It's just sad that 100% of people who rated higher than you simply disagrees with you.

So not dying when you get stucked in a virtual reality is automatically a meh show? What's the point of watching a meh show with its meh episodes and meh posting on a meh board?

^ I agree. When they can't die in reality, doesn't mean it makes it a bad show. LH is more about exploring the game and explaining how things work, unlike SAO.
Nov 11, 2013 8:21 AM

Mar 2013
I actually find the log horizon world more terrifying than the SAO world even though you can't die.

In SAO they knew why they're trapped and that there was a way out in which gave them something to work towards in other words it gave them hope, log horizon on the other hand they're just put in the world with no clue as to how or why or even if they can get out at all it's just one giant prison.

Nov 11, 2013 8:40 AM
Oct 2013
Izanai said:
mbdsquad said:
na35899 said:

from a meh user...

^ I agree. When they can't die in reality, doesn't mean it makes it a bad show. LH is more about exploring the game and explaining how things work, unlike SAO.

Yep. When people watch LH, they intuitively compare it to SAO.

Although both MMORPG themed animes -

SAO is more on action, desperation, romance, dark and what else is left.
LH explores friendship, more like slice of life, adventure and the technicalities of what an mmorpg really is.

When an MMORPG themed anime isn't like SAO, then by all means heaven and earth will fall, they will still say it sux, pointless and meh.
Nov 11, 2013 8:47 AM

May 2013
Great episode. Feel somewhat nostalgic, since i was in the same shoes when i used to play an MMO. Being in a clan felt homely and i dont regret it.

Lets hope it doesnt follow in SAO's footsteps
I am the punishment of God,
If you had not committed great sins,
God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
Nov 11, 2013 8:59 AM

Feb 2008
Next episode looks really promise.

Don't blame SAO it won't follow the same.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 11, 2013 9:14 AM

Mar 2012
Looks like things are gonna get pretty interesting.
Nov 11, 2013 10:57 AM

Jul 2013
Dat title drop. Chills everywhere! Kinda reminds me of Dot Pixis's title drop in SnK episode 11 xD

So far I like where the story is going but what's for fuck's sake Shiroe going to use the 5 Million gold? I got a hunch he's going to buy whole Akibahara itself.

Damn you Log Horizon, I'd never expected you're going to be this interesting, now I'm geeking a lot hahaha...makes me wanna play some MMO, hehe.

5/5 from me
na35899 said:

This is actually an underrated show, so your comment is invalid.

P.S. Log Horizon sucks, SAO is still better than this piece of crap
Nov 11, 2013 12:27 PM
Aug 2012
RAID! RAID! RAID ALL THE BAD GUILDS SHIROE!
Nov 11, 2013 9:23 PM

Jun 2011
Guild: Log Horizon
Guild Master : Shiroe

:)

I've always preferred Shiroe to create his own guild instead of joining one, my wish has been fulfilled, finally! <3
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 11, 2013 10:37 PM

Apr 2013
at the moment, and I hate to say it, but I prefer SAO's first arc compared to LogHorizon's.. The tension of dying in the virtual world = real death + the high amount of action is what made SAO good at first.. This show just seems like a great MMORPG representation with a slice of life feel, where nobody cares that they are trapped in a game and decide to cook instead of farming items or other shit that MMORPG players do. I don't know I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens later in this series..
Nov 11, 2013 11:52 PM
Mar 2011
Sourire said:
at the moment, and I hate to say it, but I prefer SAO's first arc compared to LogHorizon's.. The tension of dying in the virtual world = real death + the high amount of action is what made SAO good at first.. This show just seems like a great MMORPG representation with a slice of life feel, where nobody cares that they are trapped in a game and decide to cook instead of farming items or other shit that MMORPG players do. I don't know I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens later in this series..

How ironic. When Shiroe says "everyone is underestimating this world too much.", he didn't mean just the players in the game, but also the people watching this show.
Nov 12, 2013 5:56 AM

Sep 2008
Awesome episode. They finally introduce a proper story/objective that looks like it will go in a really interesting direction.

Title drop was epic.
Nov 12, 2013 9:50 AM
Mar 2013
Shiroe is getting more and more badass. I really hope the twins especially Minori will be okay.
Nov 12, 2013 10:10 AM

Oct 2011
Great episode! Loved that the guild is called Log Horizon - I'd be wondering why that was the title of the show. Hoping we'll still get to see the Crescent Moon Alliance though.
Nov 12, 2013 11:27 AM
Jun 2012
With this episode the show got much much more intresting
Nov 12, 2013 3:53 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode! Loved his decision to make a guild and really liking the direction the story is heading :)
Nov 12, 2013 5:05 PM

Nov 2010
This anime just keeps getting better and better. It's one of those select few that keep me wanting for the next episode already. I'm glad Shiroe finally created his own guild and wants to better the life for everyone else.

The namedrop of his guild at the end literally gave me goosebumps. I rewatched that particular scene like three times.
Nov 12, 2013 10:22 PM

Jul 2012
portgas123 said:
This anime is fucking pathetic, dropped.
why are u even here?

anyway Epic episode especially that ending

5/5
Nov 13, 2013 2:56 AM

Nov 2012
yeah that beginning! XD so much food! XD

and akatsuki! XD damn.. really want to see her in those dress! XD where IS THE CUTE AKATSUKI!! XD

oh I see shiroe has build a new guild :3 I know it is gonna be log horizon :p
Nov 13, 2013 6:57 AM

Nov 2012
so next episode they will sell flavorful food, to earn those much needed millions of gold Shiroe needs for his plan.. kinda curious what's his plan is.

and dat guild name, should have known.
Nov 13, 2013 4:56 PM

Nov 2008
It is kinda funny they asked the name of Shiroe's new guild when you can see it on top of the character's head together with the name... Well, at least in the game. xDDD

The title drop gives me the chill xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Nov 13, 2013 4:59 PM

Sep 2008
ChronosXIII said:
Bleh, I expected it to be a slow episode with Shiroe contemplating over stuff, but I was hoping to be surprised and see him save the twins this episode. Though I guess it makes sense if Shiroe plans to take down the whole-fucking-guild while saving the twins. What a boss.

We didn't actually get to see Akatsuki try out those dresses, lol.

Dat title drop.

I was also expecting to see Nyanta's past avatar (the girl chief of the Debauchery Tea Party) to overlay while he/she was talking to Shiroe about guilds and parties.

That's not his past avatar. That's another person.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Nov 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Apr 2011
I saw it coming
Nov 15, 2013 1:36 AM

May 2010
Glad to see the new lvl cap. The deal with exp pots is very interesting. That cough scene was so sad and gave me feels

Shiro's grand plan is on the roll and he made a guild, I just had a feeling about it! "Log Horizon", huh.

And it starts now, the adventure! I can feel the goosebumps

Amazing episode
Nov 15, 2013 2:18 PM

Sep 2011
Still, in this anime only good OP.
Nov 15, 2013 5:58 PM

Oct 2011
Aaaaawesome episode! I couldn't expect that end. Log Horizon is surprising me too much. ;3
Nov 15, 2013 11:05 PM

Sep 2012
Darkness-man said:
Shiroe's guild name was just too obvious. :D

But I still liked how he said it.
Nov 16, 2013 7:09 AM

Aug 2012
Excellent. Character development turns into a plot with a large and interesting objective. This is the episode that shall determine the greatness of this series.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Nov 18, 2013 5:02 AM

Dec 2012
OMG OMG! That Title DROP DEM FEELS

Nov 18, 2013 11:43 AM
Jul 2013
Good thing Shiroe have created the Horizon Log guild, sure the anime will be more ineteresante in the future.
Nov 20, 2013 12:48 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode, really loved the part where Shiro resolved to clean up the place and also he made a guild expect bad-ass moment in the upcoming episode.
Nov 27, 2013 1:41 AM

Jun 2012
Man, this episode made me really want to read the Light Novels even more... I'm a sucker for anything that involves bands of heroes/friends *cough* pirate crews. If only I knew Japanese or they were released in America. :/

Ending theme still gets me every time. I know it was obvious, but I was still excited for them to say the name was Log Horizon... betting they're an adventuring guild.

Edit: The only things I can imagine that would make Shiroe so melancholic over that girl are, 1. She stopped playing randomly. 2. She died IRL. 3. He fell in love and found out she was really a dude.
HalibelTheEspadaNov 27, 2013 1:47 AM
Nov 27, 2013 7:03 AM

Mar 2013
Good guild name and episode so far
Nov 30, 2013 7:41 AM

Oct 2013
Dat feel when you guess the guild name and feel like a total boss after that.

Fuck my life.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2013

190 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 11:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.