Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 19, 2009 9:24 AM

Aug 2007
New suggestions for points or whatever? Bring it up here!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 19, 2009 9:24 AM

Aug 2007
To continue our discussion from the Silver Card thread...

@kaminakun: Sure, why not? Though, don't the club creators only get 5 total at Top 15? (4 for the members, and one for the rank?. Whatever floats your boat however. So, as for club points we have:

Creators:
3 pts for 1 000 members
1 pt for 1 500 members
1 pt every odd rank from 15 and up, for a total of 8 (15-13-11-9-7-5-3-1)
Summed: 12 points

Admins:
1 pt at 1 000 members
1 pt at 1 500 members
3 pts for Top 15, 1 pt for every 5th rank, total of 6 (15(3)-10-5-1)
Summed: 8 points

That's the set up so far. Also, there's probably clubs outside of the Top 15 with >1 000 members, should those be included? And as for members count what about milestone points for the creators and admins (at 1 000, 2 000, 3 000, 5 000, 10 000).

Also, I'd rather give the admins the 3 points at 1 000 members (like with the creators), instead of the Top 15, which would make:
3 pts at 1 000 members
1 pt at 1 500 members
1 pt for Top 15, 1 pt for every 5th rank, total of 4 (15-10-5-1)
Summed: 8 points (same as previous one).

I think it's weird if the admins are gonna get more points for the initial Top 15 than the creators, which is why I would go with that second one ;)
Feb 19, 2009 9:36 AM

Aug 2007
Also, what about raising the acceptance rate to, what, 3 points, at least? I mean, merely 1 000 posts or 1 000 isn't that unusual around the site, especially among spammers and people who merely have very active chats with friends on their profiles. I don't think that'd make you qualified enough a "VIP", so I'd say raise it a bit ;)
Feb 19, 2009 9:52 AM

Mar 2008
Llama_Guy said:
Also, what about raising the acceptance rate to, what, 3 points, at least? I mean, merely 1 000 posts or 1 000 isn't that unusual around the site, especially among spammers and people who merely have very active chats with friends on their profiles. I don't think that'd make you qualified enough a "VIP", so I'd say raise it a bit ;)

I agree with this... but just in case, please check to see the current 15 members all have at least 3 points (some may only have 1)

clubs outside top 15 with 1000+ members should also be included but the only we'll know is when the applicants tell us that... which can take time to verify... for milestone point... yes I have thought of that but currently with the exception of like the top 3 clubs, all the others are still below 2k members so we can set up the milestones a bit later

Llama_Guy said:

I think it's weird if the admins are gonna get more points for the initial Top 15 than the creators, which is why I would go with that second one ;)

I know what you are saying... I forgot about the points going up by rank and I wanted to say if we do that, then the top reviewer list must also do the same to be fair... but that is too complex a matter for me to handle right now

So just for clarification for now, the creators automatically get +8 for being in top 15 (if you think that's too much for all 15 creators, I can reduce it to +5), we are NOT implementing the ranking system yet (say stated above, if we do that, we'll need to do it for the club admins AND the top reviewers)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2009 10:02 AM

Aug 2007
kaminakun said:
I agree with this... but just in case, please check to see the current 15 members all have at least 3 points (some may only have 1)
And if they don't? Shall I kick them from the club?

kaminakun said:
clubs outside top 15 with 1000+ members should also be included but the only we'll know is when the applicants tell us that... which can take time to verify... for milestone point... yes I have thought of that but currently with the exception of like the top 3 clubs, all the others are still below 2k members so we can set up the milestones a bit later
m'kay. State in the club details and/or the applicant threads that you will need to give information if you're in any club with >1 000 members then.

kaminakun said:
I know what you are saying... I forgot about the points going up by rank and I wanted to say if we do that, then the top reviewer list must also do the same to be fair... but that is too complex a matter for me to handle right now

So just for clarification for now, the creators automatically get +8 for being in top 15 (if you think that's too much for all 15 creators, I can reduce it to +5), we are NOT implementing the ranking system yet (say stated above, if we do that, we'll need to do it for the club admins AND the top reviewers)
Ah, I see. We'll get back to that later, then. So, temporarily the admins get 3 for top 5, then? Also, I'd say 5 as to not mess too much when we implement the ranking system (as some might get demoted from their current card =/

Maybe we should just have the members point we've agreed on (creators 3 á 1K, 1 á 1,5K; admins 1 á each?) for now, and not give any points for ranks until we are ready with the system, for the sake of keeping things clean and orderly?
Feb 19, 2009 3:20 PM

Nov 2007
Question: What about clubs like Gokuraku Toshokan and Help Find Anime? Is there a dispensation for the creators and admins of those types of club?
What a day! What a lovely Day!
Feb 19, 2009 3:27 PM

Mar 2008
Archaeon said:
Question: What about clubs like Gokuraku Toshokan and Help Find Anime? Is there a dispensation for the creators and admins of those types of club?

Those are good clubs that help the community out by providing valuable resources, but I am strictly looking into numbers right now (since you can't argue with numbers where good/bad clubs are up for debate)

Same for review... I've seen some people who only wrote 1 or 2 review but they were really well written IMO, but if their number of helpfuls does not meet the requirement then I can't do anything about it... I hope you know what I mean :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2009 6:00 PM

Nov 2007
Then by that argument clubs like All the Hot Girls in Anime and Ecchi Squad would be considered superior clubs simply because they have more members, whereas something that would be considered a resource would be considered a "bad" club.

For some reason I'm starting to think of high school...
What a day! What a lovely Day!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» *NEW* Post Server Crash ID applications!!

KaminaKai - Mar 17, 2009

15 by Nozomu »»
Jul 6, 2009 12:34 AM

» *NEW* Get your ID here!

KaminaKai - Mar 17, 2009

8 by KaminaKai »»
Apr 7, 2009 11:48 AM

» What do you believe makes you a VIP?

Dr_Jan_Itor - Mar 12, 2009

0 by Dr_Jan_Itor »»
Mar 12, 2009 9:13 PM

» Ways to improve the VIP Club

KaminaKai - Feb 19, 2009

0 by KaminaKai »»
Feb 19, 2009 7:50 AM

» Member cards

Natsuki-hime - Feb 11, 2009

10 by Midori-tan »»
Feb 15, 2009 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.