Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 8, 2013 5:20 PM

Oct 2011
Haruto is afraid to use the Valvrave because of what happen to Marie

I love X-Eins and H-Neun moment.

I wonder how L-Elf will pilot a Valvrave??? Will he gain the same powers as Cain?

So the Dorsian are mass producing Ruins so they can use their own Dorsienrave.

H neun!!!!!!!!!! T____T

Don't kill X-Eins !!!!!!!!!!!! AHHH
Nov 8, 2013 5:31 PM

Jun 2012
L-Elf thinks up all the brilliant strategies. Haruto always asks "What should I do!?", and if he doesn't approve, he gets upset. . If it weren;t for L-elf, where would they be?

Nov 8, 2013 6:03 PM
Feb 2012
Finally all the mysteries about Valvavre and Magius will be revealed.
I hope H-neun is still alive, love his personality.

Really wanna laugh when Pino said that L-elf's taste is bad so she can't eat him XD
and his dissapointed expression is really cute.
Pino provoked him.
Nov 8, 2013 8:51 PM
Nov 2013
So, will we ever find out about what H-Neun and Kriemhild have been talking about? Like, are they in some kind of alliance to take out Cain?
Nov 8, 2013 9:03 PM

May 2012
18:30 well played, Eru-erufu

darn you, Kain.
7/10 for this ep.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Nov 9, 2013 2:52 AM

Nov 2011
How the hell did he get back on the ship o_o?

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 9, 2013 3:38 AM

Dec 2012
^ the familiar thingy flew them there.
Nov 9, 2013 6:15 AM

Apr 2009
More of the usual irritainment from this show. It's annoying, but I simply can't stop watching because I want to see what crazy thing happens next. So Marie is really dead and not an immortal vegetable. It's a better alternative. Her sudden ascent to the spotlight was really the raising of a death flag, only that her actual death was postponed a bit to throw people off.

I would doubt that they physically killed off H-Neun here, since they could possibly still have a use for his body's skills. We might actually see him defect to the protagonists' side, it's not too farfetched considering the crazy twists this show has been pulling off almost every episode.
Nov 9, 2013 10:38 AM

Nov 2013
Thought H9 was dead, but from reading here, makes sense that since the ritual was stopped, someone saved him, he escaped, etc.

I wouldnt put any value on the intros & outros since they don't seem to hold any meaning. Also don't get why did they just not use the runes on The Phantom for the Valvraves' energy supply?

and why they were all women on that ship...
Nov 9, 2013 6:54 PM

Nov 2007
Don't go effing kill the kids from the Dorssian side! They are why this show has come this far! :@
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 9, 2013 9:14 PM

Sep 2012
ThangLong said:

Future Saki mentioned the Golden Seven in the time skip. Counting all the student's Valvrave and Unit 2 under Cain's command, we only have six of them currently revealed. That leaves the possibility of the seventh Valvrave which would either be hidden somewhere in Module 77, or be built in the future.
Very good point, though revealing a 7th Valvrave so late (counting the first season we are now in the last quarter of the series) could destabilize the series if it turned out to be a big factor in influencing the outcome and ending. People may complain it is some asspull say....

ThangLong said:
However, L-elf's extreme indifference is quite endearing to some people. They even joke that he has autism. In that aspect, L-elf is quite similar to Makisima from Psycho-Pass, but I can never find the latter's madness to be something endearing.
The reason for that feeling is probably the viewer's acknowledgment, or rather, hope that L-elf is hot-blooded for one person (Lieselotte) and one mission (Dorssia revolution/revenge on Cain) only. L-elf's autism is also why teasing him with Shouko is so fun. Shouko has been known for cracking the toughest of shells; and L-elf is the toughest shell there is.
I never could associate L-Elf with Makishima in Psycho-Pass. I think it is because Makishima is not just cold-blooded, he is also psychotically criminal to the extent that he enjoyed seeing his victim not only killed but killed in very twisted way, and his purpose of killing is on so top-level abstraction with arguments of politics, sociology and philosophy that one could not help it is just a cover for his psychotic mind. However, L-Elf is single-minded upon a goal that is about a person and a future with that person. It is a lot more relate-able and thus personal endearing. He also shows in more than one occasions how he could relent (even on trivial matter of eating the food Shoko offered) and concede grounds (by adjusting this plans after listening to say Haruto) so he is much more human looking than Makishima.

And I also love what killbethy said earlier in this thread that L-Elf and Haruto worked as a pair (even with quite a bit of bickering) and achieved things that either one alone could not have achieved:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=686943&show=20#msg26234621

ThangLong said:

I think we can put Akira in the list of survivors. In the time skip, Satomi mentioned Ms. Renbokouji as the boy's godmother. Of course, someone can be married to Satomi, but his mannerism there did not seem like he was talking about his wife.
So far Akira, Satomi and Saki are known to survive 200 years later. And from the future fight Saki was involved, it seems to indicate that the Golden Seven are still around. Does it mean that all the pilots of Valvrave survive? But I also agree that death flags of Haruto are too many to ignore. So I wonder if at the end Satomi will replace Haruto as the pilot.

The way I see is that both L-Elf and Haruto will sacrifice for their cause, perhaps in your favorite L-Elf x Haruto manner. And both Shoko and Lieselotte will survive, if only as the reward for L-Elf and Haruto's sacrifices. I also think Haruto will stay faithful to Shoko and L-Elf will be to Lieselotte. So my shipping is that Shoko and Lieselotte will both bear child with Haruto and Elf respectively and the two children then get married, and their descendent is the boy we see 200 years later.

ThangLong said:

It also stems the question on Pino and Prue's origin. Where are their real bodies? Are they the original Magius, the "original pair" as Cain put it? Maybe the first Magius on Earth has been assimilated into human society for too long that they can't retain their original power. Thus, Pino and Prue would probably be the only real Aliens arriving directly from their home planet. Btw, I think the Magius species is in some kind of crisis. Their persistence in getting the Valvrave might not be for the machines, but Pino and Prue.
Good point. From what we see so far, apparently the Magius clan do not have the Pino/Prue/Valvrave technology and was not aware that runes could be used not as just a way to extend life but channeled through Pino/Prue to power weapons like Valvrave. The two could be indeed be some alien species who were captured by Haruto's father. I think we should learn a lot more about Pino/Prue/Valvrave in the next episode.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 11, 2013 9:12 AM

Dec 2008
Nayrael said:
Am I the only one who thinks that H-9 survived. We didn't see his face, the room was messy, the Magius are gone and Cain says they will need to restart the Ritual. I am betting my money that Royalists or someone else jumped in and saved the poor fetcher.

^This.
I am really hoping that H-9 is still alive! I'm not ready for another death so soon after Marie's. *sigh* Also, I'm thinking that H-9 may end up fighting alongside L-Elf and the other academy students. I think X-1 will defect as well.
Nov 12, 2013 1:10 AM

Jun 2013
Golden 7. Ha

Two more valvraves and two more pilots. My guess is someone manage to create 2 more units and the two unrevealed pilots ain't gonna be the student at the academy. Which leave us with the Dorssian group. L-Elf and missing H-9?

I didn't forget about 02, but I believe that unit will stay with the Antagonist side. After all, all mecha anime always follow this.
Nov 12, 2013 2:00 AM

Nov 2013
am I the only one that thinks with the amount of info needed to answer a majority of things and having only 7 episodes or so to do it will lead into a 3rd season? Maybe one just for the time jump.

As long as it does well in the ratings of course.
Nov 12, 2013 5:34 AM

Mar 2012
I see Akira is back to her own body eh?
then what happened to that blonde twintail loli?

also where is Saki`s body?
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Nov 12, 2013 10:58 AM

Jun 2009
wonder if X-eins goes after him
R.I.P H-neun
Nov 13, 2013 9:34 AM

Sep 2009
Cain is so scary :X I think H-neun is dead. Damn, another character died!
Nov 15, 2013 3:22 AM
May 2012
- Is H-Neun really dead?
- Did Cain Killed him?

It started to PISSED ME OFF RIGHT NOW OF WHAT HAPPENED!! GOD DAMN IT!!! GGGGRRRRR!!!!

PS - Marie Nobie CONFIRMED is dead. She'll be missed...
JafriZinNov 15, 2013 7:44 AM
Nov 16, 2013 1:10 AM

Jul 2008
Crap so she really did die...L-elf is right but he really is such a bastard.
Nov 20, 2013 8:00 AM

Apr 2010
So Haruto is finally starting to except harsh reality hope he learns more about it i bit faster tho they way it's currently going they might be wiped out.
Looking for Yukino is also going to be a harsh task now she is with A-drei.

I also wonder what happened in that room looking at the position of those chairs.
Nov 20, 2013 10:33 AM

Jan 2011
Wait a minute...that's not how memory works! Leaving aside the pseudo-science involving depleted kyurenic acid levels (which actually improve cognition), you can't just go munching on episodic memory without also devouring things like language, math, the memories of how you do daily routines, and academic abilities.Furthermore since memories are distributed in neural structures throughout the brain, munching on memories will leave it looking like a swiss cheese. Bottom line is, Marie shouldn't have had to die....
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 21, 2013 7:43 PM
May 2012
WolfWood37 said:
Crap so she (Marie) really did die...L-elf is right but he really is such a bastard.

SEE?! I FRIGGIN TOLD YOU SO!!
Dec 5, 2013 9:06 PM

Apr 2008
rodac said:
Wait a minute...that's not how memory works! Leaving aside the pseudo-science involving depleted kyurenic acid levels (which actually improve cognition), you can't just go munching on episodic memory without also devouring things like language, math, the memories of how you do daily routines, and academic abilities.Furthermore since memories are distributed in neural structures throughout the brain, munching on memories will leave it looking like a swiss cheese. Bottom line is, Marie shouldn't have had to die....

Unless it's magical by nature? A man shouldn't be able to float through the air either, or souls shouldn't be able to live in machines.... Though I am still wondering why when that drill went through 77 , why they didn't have an atmosphere leak...
Dec 10, 2013 9:06 PM
May 2012
So did we just seen H-Neun trying to shoot Cain but now

WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?! NOBODY EXPLAIN TO ME ABOUT THIS?!
Dec 23, 2013 6:24 AM
Jul 2018
I hope H-9 survived. :'(
Cain, you damn immortal.
Jan 26, 2014 7:13 PM

Aug 2009
very interesting, losing memories the more you pilot.....it seriously is such a scary thought. I don't blame Haruto for not wanting to fight after finding that out, as many humans would do the same. Anyway before L-Elf talked about substituting out students that idea crossed my mind ages ago.

I always kind of wondered if all the students could pilot then why not let all of them do just that. They could switch accordingly that way everyone gets a turn. But now its come to light that switching out students may be the only solution so the memory loss can be kept down to a minimum. This anime is definitely getting interesting.

Feb 11, 2014 6:38 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

I have done well to wait for him to finish the series and "shoot it" all in one bang, adrenaline and pathos to the stars, who knows when we will reach the climax! : D
Plot and narrative convince me, beautiful designs and the OST.
What can I say? Wow!
Maybe from now on also Haruto will start to like it if the stops to make the uptight and boring and starts to make perhaps the fool!
The final intrigued me even more than what it has been discovered inside the submarine! * _ *
Feb 14, 2014 1:48 PM

Aug 2012
Shit, is Marie really dead ? ;___;
and... about H-Neun... what happened?..;;

aww crap, i liked them the most, why did they have to die?!
Apr 21, 2014 9:32 AM

Mar 2013
Nooo, H-Neun... You were the only one of that group I liked. Goddamnit. I hope X-Eins doesn't die too.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
May 9, 2014 5:16 PM

Feb 2013
I think there is still a possibility that H-Neun is still alive. We didn't see him die. He just disappeared along with the Chancellor and those Magius people. He could be alive or dead. I'm not sure. He plot thickens! So I guess Marie is brain dead, right? Or is she really dead? So they were harvesting Runes from humans like they were cattle! That's so wrong! Good episode!
Jun 16, 2014 6:30 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
If I remember correctly, didn't the scientist say Haruto's rune situation was less profound than Marie's. In other words, Marie's rune supply is her own while Haruto has the whole school to feed on, so he'll have quite a big of time to survive.

Saki needs to be found soon.

Sep 18, 2014 10:03 PM

Jul 2013
The Dorrsians really are a terrible lot... at least their leaders are. That's why eru eruffu will bring retribution to them.
May 31, 2015 2:57 PM

Feb 2012
Using a volcano in a battle

Fortress_MaximusMar 23, 2021 4:17 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 17, 2016 7:43 PM

Jul 2009
So Marie actually died :(

Dorssian is also using Rune eh?! What happened at the end with Cain being bloody. Did everyone died!?!?!

H-neun died? Man Haruto is fucking pissing me off now. Definitely one of the weak ass protagonist ever.
Mar 22, 2017 1:13 AM

Jun 2009
Now that I get more screentime with my hasubandos they're all dying. :[
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2013

474 by valoon »»
Nov 27, 2023 7:19 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

336 by AZakuII »»
Aug 10, 2023 9:31 PM

» The Child's parent is (spoilers)

Renaultclio101 - Jan 9, 2014

40 by silenceblade »»
Sep 15, 2022 7:47 AM

» Is Kakumeiki Valvrave gonna have a 3rd season?

stanklem28 - Dec 21, 2013

14 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Nov 9, 2021 12:52 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

128 by VirginAmirul »»
Mar 29, 2021 8:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.