Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 13, 2013 6:10 AM

Aug 2008
I was expecting this heartwarming mecha moe anime to have zero casualties until this episode shocked me. SERIOUSLY!?
Umetsu does kinda remind me of Urobutcher.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Nov 13, 2013 3:18 PM

Sep 2013
Damn son, this episode aimed right for the feels. Looks like I won't be putting off the next episode.
Nov 14, 2013 4:39 PM

Jul 2009
Why didn't she run after she found the telescope? How come no one helped her, she's a freaking cripple, are they all such dicks? And WHY didn't they at least hide in the basement?

POINTLESS DEATH.
Nov 15, 2013 12:21 PM

Aug 2012
Why can't i stop all these tears running down my cheeks. :(
Nov 16, 2013 6:11 AM

May 2012
00:16 STHU, fish

"Happii Basudei"
=(((((

7/10 for this ep.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Nov 22, 2013 11:47 AM

Aug 2008
Electromaster said:
Why didn't she run after she found the telescope? How come no one helped her, she's a freaking cripple, are they all such dicks? And WHY didn't they at least hide in the basement?

POINTLESS DEATH.
Because love.
Nov 26, 2013 7:02 AM

Aug 2007
The episode was really sad, Poor Theo and karen, but still, they were together.
Nov 29, 2013 2:51 PM

May 2013
the thing gallileo left behind is prob a song -_-
Dec 3, 2013 12:16 PM

Dec 2008
This episode made me cry. Theo and Karen died... I'm so pissed off at their leader for selling them out. If I were the writer, I'd see to it that asshole died a horrible death.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 6, 2013 11:40 PM

Jan 2008
GoGo_Dominatrix said:
This episode made me cry. Theo and Karen died... I'm so pissed off at their leader for selling them out. If I were the writer, I'd see to it that asshole died a horrible death.

Ditto to this. Dammit, this left a bitter taste. At the very least, they were together until the end. Hope that Ludger dies.
Dec 11, 2013 3:12 PM

Dec 2012
Leuk dat ze in Nederland zijn, maar ze betrekken de houten klompen en kaas er natuurlijk weer bij.

But pretty sad episode and of course they had to be betrayed right when the girls arrive. I liked how Theo had carved "For Karen" on the telescope in Dutch though.
Dec 16, 2013 10:39 PM

Nov 2007
damn. I was thinking how the boy being added to the cast would be nice.

then they get killed off just like that?

well that was kinda disappointing.
Dec 20, 2013 4:20 AM
Feb 2009
what the fuck that ending :((((
Dec 27, 2013 10:58 PM

Apr 2012
Happy birthday, Karen!

Jan 2, 2014 9:38 PM

Aug 2007
I have to say, I did not think this show would actually kill anyone on screen, let alone kids. It has my admiration for pulling it off rather well.
Jan 10, 2014 5:53 AM

Oct 2012
But.. but the ending shouldn't suppose like this :(

"I hope we'll see each other again someday!"
When will it happen?
Rayl1ghtJan 10, 2014 5:57 AM
"Signature removed"
Feb 5, 2014 2:31 PM

Jun 2008
Aggron said:

Seriously how could they not notice that the Blue Hawk's base is in the church

Because they thought it was an old train station which it was. It just happened that before it it was a church.
And don't say "but looking like that?". Yes looking like that. This is Europe, not USA with it's skyscrapers. Europe is filled with such old buildings, is not that strange that some look like that even without being a church.

leeo268 said:

Also, I really hate how this depict Netherlands, which is almost like Somalia. Plague with poverty, infested with pirates, ravaged by war, and bomb to hell every other day by other nations to stop the rebel and pirates.
I love Netherlands in real life, it is a beautiful, successful, and wealthy country. To be represented like this, make me sick to the Stomach.

You have some serious issues. We know very well Netherlands isn't a ghost town with super robots bombing it. it's just a fantasy theme dude. Seriously, what retarded nationalistic inspired bullshit was that?
If you people are so obsessed about being successful and wealthy that you can't tolerate not showing you as such in a future fantasy scenario you should go and have your head examine.

fst said:

Also, I hate that it doesn't actually show the bombs hit, just a flash of light. It feels inconclusive given this show's "doesn't anybody stay dead anymore?" treatment of the mom and dad.

That is just your inability to even comprehend what you are watching. Is obvious as hell this isn't the kind of death scene they will go back from as it was also obvious that the parents will most likely not die.
Especially for the father there was no doubt what so ever he survived that silly incident.

millo said:

The cheap twist wasn't the deaths of the kids, but the sudden shift in personality of Ludger! It's not a twist where you were like "Oh shit didn't see it coming", instead it's the kind of twist that makes you "wtf *puke* that is so dumb!".

Yes the character we knew so little about can't possibly have been planning to betray them so he can live a better life in the city. Because we saw so much of him and we just knew he couldn't possibly be such a person.
Ether that or you people are reaching new levels of stupid criticizing.

Takuan_Soho said:
xRukichanx said:
This last episode was really sad... i can't believe it, i can't understand why Ludger suddenly sold off the village, this anime have horrible writters , I can't understand nothing about the history, many things have no reason ...

I suggest you read "Bloodlands", the history of the land between Russia and Germany, and the famines both the Soviets and Nazi's imposed on the people in between. You will never be surprised again what desperation (and starvation) can do to people. Think this is bad, how about having your parents (or children) kill you so that they can eat you, AND THAT IS NORMAL BEHAVIOR.

Ludger finally had something worth trading (the sisters) and he took the payment in order to survive. As he said earlier in the episode, what they were experiencing (starvation, not specifically, but think: advancing cold, no fuel for agriculture) took a toil on people spiritually and psychologically. That was all you needed to hear to understand someone was going to sell them out because that is what would happen in the real world.

Don't bother, people in Mal have a completely pathetic view of reality because they think reality is just there little school life.
MonadFeb 5, 2014 3:26 PM
Feb 12, 2014 6:23 AM

Sep 2011
Wow did not expect that! Hope Ludger gets whats coming to him!
Sep 11, 2014 12:26 PM

Oct 2013
dam this one was a little sad D:
[/quote]
Dec 17, 2014 1:10 AM

Feb 2013
I wish they told us what time this take place. Is is 100 years later from the present or what? I wished they addressed that.

Damn. Didn't expect that. Theo and Karen died?! At leaast they died with a smile on their faces. That was pretty intense. Geez, and on her birthday too.
Nano1124Dec 17, 2014 1:14 AM
Jan 30, 2015 9:37 AM

Nov 2011
Episode usable, not too exciting, but if one can make an effort and is already well established, and managed to try a bit of empathy for the events depicted, also be able to shed a few tears for the departure of Theo and Karen.
Drawings with ups and downs, good CG.
How to re-start is not the best, but even so wicked.

[ WOW ! 3333 post ! ]
Jul 20, 2015 4:38 PM

Nov 2014
Theo and Karen noooo T^T
Sep 6, 2015 5:41 AM

Apr 2014
The fuck, they died ?! ;_; didn't expect this to turn out so sad.
Jan 9, 2017 8:32 PM

Jul 2016
Episode went from a 1/5 to a 4/5 in the last five minutes.

Finally this is starting to get somewhere story wise.
Oct 25, 2017 1:49 AM

Apr 2009
The moonlight through or maybe light from the hourglass inside a fish ornament in itself makes some invisible letters seen and readable on the sketches, it's the second time she did that. Near the end it seems to be able to generate brief but localized force fields too!

What the hell! O_o Right in the friggin' feels when the least I expect it. TT_TT
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

160 by andreariona »»
Nov 3, 2020 5:04 AM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

91 by Vindicater »»
Jul 12, 2019 7:20 PM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

79 by Vindicater »»
Jul 9, 2019 10:24 PM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

56 by Vindicater »»
Jul 6, 2019 3:13 AM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

114 by Liddo-kun »»
Mar 18, 2019 4:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.