Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Nov 9, 2013 9:05 AM

May 2011
Those glowing nipples, oh god. :D

Not as good as some of the previous eps, but still great.
Nov 9, 2013 9:10 AM

Mar 2012
This show just keeps getting better and better.
Let's go bowling.
Nov 9, 2013 10:06 AM
Jan 2010
That devas overnight power-up could put any shounen hero to shame.
Nov 9, 2013 12:33 PM

Oct 2013
elite four give much trouble, great chapter!

Nov 9, 2013 2:51 PM

Jun 2013
That resolve is too manly for words. First villain of this series that I symphatised with, I'm definitely looking forward to all the elite four's stories.
Nov 9, 2013 3:59 PM

Oct 2013
Great dedication from Sanegayama - AWESOME. I love his power-up came with the resolve and understanding behind it, instead of making him even more of a hothead.
Nov 9, 2013 4:33 PM

Jan 2010
olboyfloats said:
tingy said:
MCAL said:

First Coppelion comes out early (Not that I'm watching that crap), now its Kill la Kill.

Yeah I was surprised to see Kill la Kill come out early too, just as I was yesterday with Coppelion (but I am watching that crap).

Seriously guys? Do we have to waste each other's time calling shows crap? I personally enjoy Coppelion, but regardless of how I feel about it, or if I'm watching it, this is a Kill La Kill episode thread. Can we all just talk about how sad we are that we barely got any Based Mako this episode and how happy we are to get more Based Mako next episode?

this
Nov 9, 2013 6:36 PM
Jul 2013
Nudist Beach! No one is sexier than Aikurou and her pink nipples. Woah, Satsuki is amazing since childhood. Uzu lost very fast and somewhat pathetic, the fight could have lasted longer and as gestures of Mako, it has little Uzu. But what surprised me in the episode, was the decision to cook Uzu eyes and the second fight was much better, was exciting, watch movements and how it reacts Matoi Uzu. We expected a difficult path Matoi henceforth.
Nov 9, 2013 8:30 PM

May 2012
dem glowing nips.
Nov 9, 2013 9:32 PM

Dec 2009
I love the showdowns and challanges and all the tropes and all the wonder that one 25 minute episode KLK has.

But with the way that this show is paced, I can't help but feel this Academy bit will end soon and some other grander storyline will take over.

Especially with Satsuki ordering that large amount of Life Fibers, maybe she's about to weaponize everyone to conquer the last school and next, the world???
Nov 9, 2013 11:02 PM

Apr 2012
looks like they've decided on 25 episodes for this series, around as much as GL.
i really liked this episode, focused more on one of the "elite 4" rather than on ryuko, and it was an interesting watch
i think i like him better with his mask now hehe and its crazy how making himself blind allows him to see the world through his mind.
CRAZY
if he's THAT strong, then satsuki is probably gonna destroy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2013 11:39 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. They sure have taken a different route this episode. They used Ryuko to make the enemy improve instead! Dang.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2013 1:05 AM

Jan 2010
Who here thinks Mako is secretly a part of Nudist Beach? xDD
lmfao
Nov 10, 2013 2:52 AM
Jan 2013
This is very, VERY interesting development. Basically through the entire series, Ryoko is following villain's cliche instead of protagonist - when Yuusha King takes protagonist role.
Nov 10, 2013 6:15 AM

Nov 2011
Dat manservice, dat over the top blinding mahself for honor!, dat hot blooded voice acting
The Art of Eight
Nov 10, 2013 7:46 AM

Mar 2009
Sanageyama just became one of the best characters. Very nice development for the antagonists.
Nov 10, 2013 11:47 AM

Nov 2012
Things are about to get revealed :O

Kind of didn't like the repeated animations but they weren't too over the top.

Really good episode, sets the mood for the next one~
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Nov 10, 2013 1:08 PM

Sep 2013
I love how this series doesn't give a shit in the msot fun way possible. This episode in particular was really cool, starting off with the goofy-ass teacher and then ending in one of the most devastating ass-kickings (delivered to the hero) I've seen in quite some time.

Go, Trigger!
[/size]
Nov 10, 2013 2:43 PM

Nov 2011
This episode really stepped things up. It reminded me of how TTGL started out good but then slowly it became great. This week the show revealed an extra layer of depth to it that I find VERY promising.
Nov 10, 2013 3:28 PM

Dec 2012
WE. ARE. NUDIST. BEACH.

I really enjoyed this episode. I thought it was way too early (and far too easy) for Ryuko to defeat one of the Four, so I was glad to see Sanageyama make his big comeback. He is an interesting character, and were it not for sewing his eyes shut I could have sworn he had the potential to switch sides. I initially saw him as a friendlier rival, but it looks like he'll stop at nothing to completely defeat Ryuko. I loved that his uniform transformed like a Godrobe, into what was essentially a big mech. It made for a much more interesting battle, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the other Four will look after transforming.

Also, was that Satsuki's mom on the phone? It was very intriguing getting a glimpse of the outside world and it appears Satsuki may not truly be at the top of this strange hierarchy.

What with Ryuko's retreat, this episode had a bit more serious tone and I enjoyed it. As we approach the big plotline: Who killed her father? I can only expect that it'll stay on this path.

Then again, with the next episode potentially centering around Mako I could be absolutely wrong. Either way, I'm looking forward to seven.
Nov 10, 2013 3:48 PM

Feb 2011
Nice action episode , enjoyed it.

Hope there won't be any fillers like episode 3 again.
Nov 10, 2013 6:27 PM

Aug 2012
Epic fight and i'm curious what the other Elite Four members powers are.

''Nuudisto BEEEEEEEACH''
Nov 10, 2013 8:45 PM

May 2012
Wow lame cop-out ending, Ryuuko didn't get killed. I was so looking forward to that.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Nov 10, 2013 9:21 PM

Mar 2013
lightXTC said:
Wow lame cop-out ending, Ryuuko didn't get killed. I was so looking forward to that.

Right now there is no prominent character that can fill Ryuuko's position if she were to be killed off o-o so no that would be a bad choice to make in terms of story direction. But yeah I do agree Ryuuko getting her ass kicked in the 2nd fight was a little underwhelming. Although it makes her a character that isn't always winning, it also makes her look really weak after the fight against Satsuki in the 3rd episode. Really thought she would hold her ground for the 2nd fight.
Nov 10, 2013 9:21 PM

Nov 2011
lightXTC said:

Ryuuko>>>>Your mama
The Art of Eight
Nov 10, 2013 10:33 PM

Aug 2013
The "fabulous" song is a remix of this one I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6agIGudxBdY
Nov 10, 2013 10:46 PM

Jun 2011
Lmao at the beginning. The rest was crap until Ryuko lost. That guy was cool, yes, W-A-S.

Come on, give me back the glory of episode 4.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 10, 2013 10:48 PM

Jan 2013
I'm here just to post

NUDISTOO
BEEEEEACHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Nov 10, 2013 11:14 PM

May 2012
My only complaint is how quickly he became adjust to having his eyes shut and how beastly he is when it comes to the other senses.

But the action was great once again. Gotta say, I like the direction the show is taking.
Nov 10, 2013 11:27 PM

Apr 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
Lmao at the beginning. The rest was crap until Ryuko lost. That guy was cool, yes, W-A-S.

It's pretty weird how you hate most of the show for unexplained reasons except for certain parts. Just saying.
Powerful eyebrows.
Nov 11, 2013 1:32 AM

Nov 2012
just want to update this page and....~~ DAMN! it will be 25 episodes?! WOW>.< its gonna be really awesome! XD
anyway.. lol that teacher is really cool like usual I think :3
yeah! XD
NUDIST BEACH! XD I would like to join that group! XD
anyway nice fight.. damn awesome episode :3
Nov 11, 2013 6:52 AM

Apr 2013
Here comes the Green Laterned Sanageyama.
Nov 11, 2013 7:07 AM

Jul 2010
''Nudist Beach'' ! xD
Nov 11, 2013 9:01 AM
Feb 2012
I know we're supposed to cheer for Ryuko, but what the 'bad' guys pulled this time was ridiculously impressive. Way to go, Sanageyama.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Nov 11, 2013 9:15 AM

Sep 2013
SuperImpact said:
My only complaint is how quickly he became adjust to having his eyes shut and how beastly he is when it comes to the other senses.

He's going Zatoichi on her ass. I think it's more than justified (and also a cool-ass homage to a great samurai flick).
[/size]
Nov 11, 2013 3:43 PM

Feb 2010
"A Thousand Sword Technique" - doesn't looks too good but it fit this character.
His "eye ability" and above technique resemble a little fake assasin character from fate stay night

His development/flashback was very interesting.
I am waiting for some more about him.

ps. sentence about beating with tea cup was nice
WannabitemeNov 11, 2013 3:50 PM
Nov 11, 2013 3:52 PM
Sep 2013
I thought this episode was awesome, and sanageyama is a complete badass. I think it was good that ryuko got flattened by him since apart from the fact that the fight was amazing she was starting to get a bit cocky. The only thing I didn't like is sanageyamas new ninja turtle mask
The end is nigh

Nov 11, 2013 8:04 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode! Mostly because of the beginning. You can't go wrong with a hot, stripping teacher saying "Nudist Beach" repeatedly.
Nov 11, 2013 10:05 PM

Oct 2007
I like that Satsuki was able to instantly defeat an entire group of thugs as a middle schooler just by glowering at them. Continues to be hands down my favorite female character from this season by a considerable margin, just the full package.

Talk about having presence, no wonder people follow her lead. Though her goals aside from Akuma from Street Fighters whole, "I want to be as strong as I can possibly be no matter what I have to sacrifice" remain unclear. Sensei says it's because they plan to take over the world, but she's so strong it almost seems like she could have already unless Nudist beach is equally as strong in which case that makes them look kind of shady as well and it doesn't help that he outright refuses to tell her anything about what is transpiring at the academy.

Anyway though this show continues the whole theme of sacrifice to become stronger and judging by how strong Sanagayema got at the end it almost looks like the bigger the sacrifice the stronger the buff similar to what Kurapica did in Hunter x Hunter's Phantom Arc. I still think Ryuko is going to be able to beat him eventually, but yeah hopefully this show continues to gain more direction from now. I'll be kind of surprised if it doesn't honestly.

As an aside this is probably the most man ass I've seen in an anime since Jojo's bizarre adventure. Fitting that this is probably the garest show I've seen since then.
Nov 12, 2013 4:47 AM

Jul 2013
MCAL said:

How strange? First Coppelion comes out early (Not that I'm watching that crap), now its Kill la Kill.

compared to kill la kill which is shit. Coppelion is great
Nov 12, 2013 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

It seems that something is moving in the plot, what will bring that call and the supply of ultra fiber? Interestingly, another episode full of blows and blood, but not so much! What a pity! ^ ^ "
Narrative alternates between comedy to seriousness, is not bad. Too bad that during the fight, you recycle many parts! D:
Nice designs, animations very good. Ryuuko is a tad less charismatic Sanageyama, too superficial as he showcases the attributes so to speak! ASD
The sound department is very nice and detailed!
Nov 12, 2013 7:30 AM
Nov 2012
Ocelot117 said:
MCAL said:

How strange? First Coppelion comes out early (Not that I'm watching that crap), now its Kill la Kill.

compared to kill la kill which is shit. Coppelion is great

Ahahahaha...NO! -.- Coppelion is crap.

5/5 as always. Probably my favourite episode so far, Sanageyama is a badass! Kill la Kill just keeps getting better every episode!
Looks like next time we're gonna learn something about Mako and her family, looking forward to that!
Ryan64Nov 12, 2013 7:42 AM
Nov 12, 2013 8:59 PM

Dec 2012
I actually liked this week's episode, much more enjoyable than the previous ones. Hope KLK stays this course, things are really heating up now. I wonder what kind of influence or power Satsuki's mother has, seemed like she was a bit shot. I'm actually finding Satsuki and the elite four more interesting and likable than Matoi. Oh and that nipple's scene at the beginning was terrifyingly hilarious.
Nov 12, 2013 11:35 PM

Feb 2010

what is that "Coppelion" that you are talking about?
Nov 13, 2013 5:01 AM

Jun 2011
migohunter said:
ToG25thBaam said:

It's pretty weird how you hate most of the show for unexplained reasons except for certain parts. Just saying.

Not really hating on it, but when I was reminded of how fun episode 4 was, this kind of things really don't suit KlK well imho. If I have to point out what I didn't like, it's because the whole episode seems to be created for that dude's character development, making him overconfident, and made Ryuko took him down, and he came back stronger than ever without his strongest ability. I mean, we all agree that episode 4 was the funnest one, right? Just so you know I didn't really like the first 3 episodes before I watched the 4th one, but the 4th episode bumped my score from 3 to 6, and that's how good I thought that episode was.

Wannabiteme said:

what is that "Coppelion" that you are talking about?

It's better that you don't know, it's nothing special.
Nov 13, 2013 8:02 AM

Jan 2012
This episode was seriously amazing. Such interesting characters.
Nov 13, 2013 3:08 PM

Oct 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
migohunter said:
ToG25thBaam said:

Not really hating on it, but when I was reminded of how fun episode 4 was, this kind of things really don't suit KlK well imho. If I have to point out what I didn't like, it's because the whole episode seems to be created for that dude's character development, making him overconfident, and made Ryuko took him down, and he came back stronger than ever without his strongest ability. I mean, we all agree that episode 4 was the funnest one, right? Just so you know I didn't really like the first 3 episodes before I watched the 4th one, but the 4th episode bumped my score from 3 to 6, and that's how good I thought that episode was.

I'm so surprised that you liked the fourth episode best. I thought it was by far the most thoroughly unenjoyable episode of the show so far. Episode 6 on the other hand, blew me away completely. I'm really starting to get the impression that the show is going to get a lot darker and more meaningful very soon just like in Gurren Lagann. I also loved how this episode totally switched the classic formula around by making the villain lose convincingly to the hero at first only to have the villain come back stronger than ever to claim victory. Very creative and original (10/10)
Nov 13, 2013 4:47 PM

Jan 2012
Great episode, though some of the silly parts like the continuous attack while Ryouko was running around him and getting hit by the shinai a bunch of times kind of ruined the mood at times.
Nov 13, 2013 11:34 PM

Jun 2011
msdrakegx said:
ToG25thBaam said:
migohunter said:
ToG25thBaam said:

I'm so surprised that you liked the fourth episode best. I thought it was by far the most thoroughly unenjoyable episode of the show so far. Episode 6 on the other hand, blew me away completely. I'm really starting to get the impression that the show is going to get a lot darker and more meaningful very soon just like in Gurren Lagann. I also loved how this episode totally switched the classic formula around by making the villain lose convincingly to the hero at first only to have the villain come back stronger than ever to claim victory. Very creative and original (10/10)

I seriously thought that it doesn't appeal in that way, guess I was wrong, huh? If it's going to go that way, that will be the time for me to drop it..
Nov 14, 2013 12:02 AM

Apr 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
msdrakegx said:
ToG25thBaam said:
migohunter said:
ToG25thBaam said:

I seriously thought that it doesn't appeal in that way, guess I was wrong, huh? If it's going to go that way, that will be the time for me to drop it..

It's a shame that some users think that this show should only remain a comedy and can never expand beyond it. Oh well, whatever floats your boat.
Powerful eyebrows.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.