Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
COPPELION
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 10, 2013 6:23 PM

Aug 2012
God damn it, i wish the 1st Division shot Aoi in the face...
Nov 10, 2013 6:40 PM
Jul 2018
hgeronimo said:
So they open fire on him and he just sit there relax, on the tree, acting all cool and play with the grenade. god i hated that scene.

the whole action scenes of the anime are really bad.

^this.

Too bad it didn't end there. After he drops from the tree he gets into his armored tank, drives towards the enemy, and then... gets out of the tank.

Everyone is complaining about Aoi, but as much of a pain she is, the action is far worse.

/drop
Nov 10, 2013 8:14 PM

Jun 2013
tingy said:
[ Maybe she's a fail one.
Haha, yes.
Nov 11, 2013 2:49 PM

Jan 2013
Horrible episode. The shooting at the Cleaner guy and no shots being animated and not just that but he's taking his time? He should of been shot. That other shooting scene really reminded me of the typical American cartoon trash. The thick lines already bother me bad enough.

Aoi is just becoming annoying to what I can tolerate. It's not often that female characters get to me (tsundere male characters annoy me more) it takes a lot to do that. And the badly done dramatic direction was just horrible. Series is getting worse and worse. Such a shame, it's really nicely animated minus the thick black lines on the character(s).
Nov 13, 2013 1:47 AM

Jul 2012
I hated Aoi from the start and I'm only hating her more with each episode =_=
It's hard to stand another second of her. If only she'll just eat rice balls and shut up.

Now not only Aoi but Ibara is getting annoying too. I do try to understand the righteous characters and I can kinda see where they're coming from but still, their actions are pretty hard to swallow.

The previous episodes went from bad to worst but this one takes the cake. Just...horrible.

I skimmed over it to save my sanity.
Ga_LaxyNov 13, 2013 6:11 AM
Nov 13, 2013 7:27 AM
Jan 2013
I don't care if Aoi is annoying, funny or useless or whatever, because it's not really important for me. Only thing that bothered me in this episode is like she just whent through the door, 1st division get to the gate and she's already caught. wtf?...When? Were? How? She just get out and they caught her before they get to the gate. It doesn't make any sense. No one noticed this... really?

gr33nhippo said:
hgeronimo said:
So they open fire on him and he just sit there relax, on the tree, acting all cool and play with the grenade. god i hated that scene.

the whole action scenes of the anime are really bad.

^this.

Too bad it didn't end there. After he drops from the tree he gets into his armored tank, drives towards the enemy, and then... gets out of the tank.

Everyone is complaining about Aoi, but as much of a pain she is, the action is far worse.

/drop

Oh and this. Maybe it wasn't that bad but it was a bit awkward, like they were that bad at shooting or they were that far away or where the fuck bullets went.
Nov 13, 2013 12:34 PM
Feb 2012
I can't believe how very useless Aoi is. She's just there, not doing anything but causing problems. And her seiyuu's annoying as fuck when she's being loud.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Nov 14, 2013 1:39 AM

Aug 2012
so the soldier just asked Aoi to leave? hmm... Anyway, Aoi's actions didn't really bothered me.. sometimes she can be funny. for me, at least

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Nov 15, 2013 1:16 PM
Aug 2010
Choroshi said:
so the soldier just asked Aoi to leave? hmm... Anyway, Aoi's actions didn't really bothered me.. sometimes she can be funny. for me, at least

Think about it, that soldier was guarding one of the most annoying people known the mankind.

He was guarding her for, well, l why the heck would he know? He's just a soldier, they aren't told crap. So he's guarding this annoying girl only because the now (presumably) dead CO told him to.

I think anyone would make the choice the soldier did, if for nothing else than to preserve their sanity.
Nov 16, 2013 11:14 AM
Jul 2013
That episode so exciting, the whole episode was the final action and intriguing and that saddens fans.

Luckily Aoi came not violated.
Nov 19, 2013 11:12 AM

Aug 2013
That Aoi girl is so annoying! Why won´t she die?????
Nov 24, 2013 3:29 PM

Jun 2011
This show would really be so great without Aoi...
This is the first time I've seen an anime where a single character would be able to drop the score of the whole show by more than 2 points...
Dec 1, 2013 4:36 PM

Jan 2010
this zombie shit better get explained next
im not giving up on aoi yet until the last episode
im pretty sure she'll be useful sometime later
Dec 13, 2013 1:24 PM

Aug 2007
Haruto is a good character and the end of this episode was great.
Dec 25, 2013 12:05 PM

Jun 2008
-Who is that guy? Shoot him!

-Hmm..trained soldiers started shooting me. I'm certain i have time to put a smirk on my face, toss a grenade up and down, then pull the pin and throw it and then jump down from the tree i am on, since obviously their bullets are traveling with super slow motion speed or simply disappear after they leave their gun. After that i will get in an armored vehicle and drive in frond of the enemy commander and despite not having a care about killing people i will avoid running him over and let him jump on the vehicle and try to slash my head off so i can throw him off with some cool tricky thing.
I'm so awesome!

Damn it Coppelion, stop getting more stupid each episode. Btw i bet the kidnappers of Aoi regretted a 100 times the moment they even captured her lol and am not talking about having to fight her rescuers.

Toucanbird said:
Okay, after the first three or four episodes, I was able to deal with the vaguely explained plot and the paper thin character development, but now this series is starting to wander into stupid territory.

Out of the multiple opportunities to kill Ibara, his primary method of doing it is, "hey, blow me and her up with a tank?" And then there's the BS reasoning of "we want Coppelion to join us." Unless that was a lie, why are you trying to kill Ibara then? If you're main purpose is to eliminate Coppelion, why aren't you killing Aoi too?

These plot holes are making my head hurt. I do still love the animation and art style of this series...as well as some of the sub-plots. However, the main plot has been pushed so far to the wayside and there's such little focus on the character development that I can't help but shake my head at the wasted potential GoHands has with this series.

This series needs to get WAY better in a hurry it to win my respect back.

Lol. Exactly. If he wanted them to join him why is he sacrificing himself to kill her? If he wants to kill Coppelion why doesn't he shoot Aoi? If he just wants to kil Ibara why didn't he shoot her when he had her beat up on the ground?
MonadJan 27, 2014 11:30 AM
Jan 3, 2014 6:25 PM

Sep 2012
I just want to say that the ennding of this ep was bullshit,

HERE THIS MAN, ordered a tank!
A F U C K I N G T A N K ,
2 fire at Ibara & that old dude,

Yet when they look at the body, the old dude is obviously blown to pieces while the ibara, is puuuurfectly fine,
Yet everyone was lookking at her having me expect to see blood & guts errrwer,

Maybe I'm just fucked up ,wait,
.Nvm lmao
Jan 8, 2014 6:04 AM

Aug 2010
Oh wow, this has to be one of the most horribly written episodes in anime ever, almost every minute was painful. Quite the feat... 1/5.
Jun 3, 2014 6:37 PM

Oct 2013
well I'm pretty sure she will be ok but dam shit is getttig real O_O crazy ep
[/quote]
Nov 13, 2014 7:03 AM

Apr 2014
this show begin to get more interesting since this Haruto guy showed up
Dec 13, 2014 7:35 PM

Feb 2013
Aoi is just so!... i she a comedy releif character? It doesn't seem to be working becasue all I am just getting is annoyed. SHe doesn't do anything useful! She instead just makes things worse. I hope she redeems herself at some point. Nice to see other people who don't need hazmat suits. I didn;t expect to see that type of face on that gut who didn't have an oxgen tank. That was creepy.

"Head to toe?" lol
Feb 19, 2015 8:19 PM

Jun 2013
Intense episode! Poor Nasruse at the end
Whats with all the hate for this anime?
Mar 18, 2015 7:28 PM

May 2012
Holy shit that ending! Really interesting development, looking forward to see what happens next!
May 21, 2015 3:27 AM

Aug 2014
I'm disappointed not one person mentioned Haruto's 360 double no scope. Had me dying!! http://i.gyazo.com/4a80b2e3900a1e8280c6b1aab6eba51f.gif
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Feb 15, 2017 7:59 AM

Nov 2013
I think this piece of shit (you know her name) is important for the ending. I hope she carries a bomb in her ass and she will fucken' blow them all up in the end. Well, maybe except Taeko.
Like most of you i like Haruto because he kills people and doesn't give single fuck about it. It's more like Fallout:Tokyo now.
GvendolineFeb 16, 2017 1:09 PM
Sep 6, 2019 7:48 PM
Jul 2018
Quite a disappointing episode... yeah you know why. I had no problems with Aoi up to this point because she was just silly and goofy, she wasn't stupid or reckless or anything. But this episode they turned her into a complete idiot. I guess they did it because they wanted to advance the storyline via the kidnapping, but no this is a bad way to do it.

The comedic scenes didn't work either, they were just awkward.
May 28, 2020 9:12 AM

Dec 2013
I hate this episode. Aoi did nothing to try saving her own ass. I thought their school taught them different kind of stuff to protect themselves and the people they are going to save? And I agree with the above posts, Aoi being a comic relief wasn't a great idea. Ibara, on the other hand, should have a sense of urgency of protecting herself bcs not all people she will meet is are good people. At least Haruto is there to save them and make the next episodes watchable.
_kukiyomenaiMay 28, 2020 9:15 AM

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jul 14, 2020 11:37 AM

Mar 2018
The medical unit are all retards and especially Aoi. Just kill her already.
Feb 18, 3:27 PM

Aug 2017
Good episode, Haruto is a cool character, I hoped when they mentioned the cleaning squad they would send more than one person lol, but Haruto is really useful,
Aoi was the comic relief of the episode, lol after reading the posts nobody seems to like her, but for me she's funny, not all characters need to be useful.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2013

155 by Dekom »»
Feb 29, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

70 by Dekom »»
Feb 28, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2013

85 by Dekom »»
Feb 27, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2013

72 by Dekom »»
Feb 26, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2013

69 by Dekom »»
Feb 21, 3:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.