Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 20, 2014 12:59 AM

Oct 2009
AmandaMary28 said:
I'm not getting that Incapsula stuff so I don't know if that's the case, but usually in double captchas you only need to write one word correctly. The second word is actually something that a OCR program couldn't recognize during the process of digitising some book. And people typing the captcha are supposed to help with recognizing it. More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReCAPTCHA

Yeah, they make money that way

the_trainman said:
No, you need both words correct or it gives you another captcha.

You are wrong. Actually I am not sure, but it may depend on the type of captcha you get, as someone said that Google gives harder captchas for more suspicious IPs

AmandaMary28 said:
Every time i click to go to a new page or make a change on my profile the Incapsula thing comes up! It is really making this site unfriendly to use. Does anyone have any ideas to stop it or at laest make it not happen every click?

I've seen some people telling that they don't even fill in the captcha, simply reload the page and it's gone
Apr 20, 2014 1:54 AM

Feb 2014
Is this resolved yet? I'm honestly getting frustrated by continuously having to enter a damn captcha.
Apr 20, 2014 2:23 AM
Feb 2012
Serhiyko said:
the_trainman said:
No, you need both words correct or it gives you another captcha.

You are wrong. Actually I am not sure, but it may depend on the type of captcha you get, as someone said that Google gives harder captchas for more suspicious IPs

Why does it give me new captcha when I'm certain I've entered control word correctly? A glitch?

It sucks entering 5 captchas for 10 min browsing anyway.
Apr 20, 2014 2:31 AM
Jan 2013
I've been getting this shit every few minutes in Safari but I just tried opening MAL in Chrome and it's fine. Has anybody tried clearing cache / cookies and seeing if this problem persists for them?
Apr 20, 2014 4:07 AM

Jan 2011
TheArchangles982 said:
This is really getting bad... The website didn't even suffer too many DDOS attacks in the first place from my experience

Look up the great fight between Xinil and SSJMaster.
Apr 20, 2014 6:05 AM
Apr 2013
This happens to me at almost every single page.

Can this be fixed? Is there any reliable workarounds?
Apr 20, 2014 7:12 AM

Feb 2012
And here I thought it was just me. I hope it gets fixed asap.

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Apr 20, 2014 8:26 AM

Jul 2012
i use android to access mal most of the times and for past two days i need to captcha every minute or so, its god damn annoying and it makes me angry. sneaky refresh does not work and i need to write it every time. pisses me off. a lot.
Apr 20, 2014 9:08 AM
Apr 2014
While I am unable to find a fix. Would anyone mind if I say what is going on?
First: Why is it coming up?

Second: Why did I get flagged?

Third: Why does it(captcha) keep reappearing?

Forth: Why dont is save that we have entered it?

Fifth: So can this cookie be saved in order to prevent it?

Sixth: Is Incapusla keeping the site safe?

So lastly, Is there any fix?

I am sorry I can not help find a permanent fix, I only figured most if this out because I was just getting annoyed. If anyone find a fix, can you please tell me? I would love to know. I do hope the I did type the spoilers correctly, if not this will be a really long post.
Apr 20, 2014 9:23 AM

Oct 2009
Hmm...for me, it only seem to affect Android and smartphone users. Wherever I go, I use my phone for MAL, there's always incapsula.
On my tablet, also android, there's incapsula.
It's not just MAL, today I voted in ISML, there's also that incapsula captcha before I submitted my votes.
Nothing comes on windows tho for me......strange....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2014 9:34 AM

Mar 2011
I checked my IP, turned my router off for a bit, turned it back on and check again. I had a new IP but had the same error. Tried leaving it off all day, new IP again, still the same error. "Error code 14/15 - Request was blocked by the security rules." Happens when I try to edit my list style.

I've tried clearing my cache/cookies, I've tried multiple browsers and on different computers. I think MAL just hates me. ); Also, I've not see any captcha at all to enter.
Apr 20, 2014 9:42 AM
Apr 2014

Allow to me answer if you will. It is because you phone ip has been flagged. May I ask, do you use your phone to access MAL a lot? If so, well you may have been flagged due to how much time you have spent on it. It wouldn't effect every device one may own, because every device has it own unique ip. For example. I mainly access MAL through my laptop, thus it have been flagged. If I were to switch to my phone/ipad/computer, it would not come up. As to why it could affect multiple sites is, well, time for me to offer two options. It could be due to Incapusla keep the Ip logged on it own server, so it could find bots faster. Or, you just have been flagged as well. This is me just purely guessing based on what would make since, it is in no way fact. I am looking into Incapusla flagging system now because it have sparked my interest.
Apr 20, 2014 9:54 AM
Apr 2014
Skyla said:
I checked my IP, turned my router off for a bit, turned it back on and check again. I had a new IP but had the same error. Tried leaving it off all day, new IP again, still the same error. "Error code 14/15 - Request was blocked by the security rules." Happens when I try to edit my list style.

I've tried clearing my cache/cookies, I've tried multiple browsers and on different computers. I think MAL just hates me. ); Also, I've not see any captcha at all to enter.

Interesting. I did say I could not guarantee a fix(if not I need to edit that in quick).
Mind if I ask a few question? What browser are you using? You also say you dont see the captcha? Do you have site editing addons/extension installed? You also say different computer, correct? May I ask are all the computers on a different internet signal, or are they all under the same internet signal? If it is all the same, do you use all to access MAL? The more information I know the more I can keep in mind. Than again, this is just me being curious about the underlying structure of incapusla.
Apr 20, 2014 10:04 AM

May 2013
Typing in walls of text and then getting the captcha thingy right when I'm submitting my post resulting in my whole post getting lost was the last straw for me, I hope it gets fixed soon.
Apr 20, 2014 12:22 PM

Apr 2011
I got this problem 2 days ago and it reaaaaallyyyyy irritates me =(
i need to enter this stupid numbers and phrazes [which become harder to read each time] almost every 5sec-10min ;_; (i got them everywhere, no specific place)
My Mac is completely clear from virus and i refreshed it countless of times....

pleaseeee fix it already... TT_TT
Apr 20, 2014 12:27 PM

Oct 2009
Mizusi said:
Typing in walls of text and then getting the captcha thingy right when I'm submitting my post resulting in my whole post getting lost was the last straw for me

Have you tried going back in history?
Apr 20, 2014 12:56 PM

Dec 2012
Incapsula is pretty frustrating, even on my android I'm getting bombarded with it.
edit: also, my whitelisted api user-agent is getting incapsula again as well. :(
neonmemes10000Apr 20, 2014 1:04 PM
Apr 20, 2014 1:11 PM
Jul 2011
Why do not administrators just turn off this travesty of protection system?
Apr 20, 2014 1:36 PM

Nov 2010
Incapsula makes third party apps like MALgraph (and probably Taiga and MAL updater as well) unable to work reliably.

That is unfortunate... but acceptable, since requests made by these applications are indeed automated.

But now the issue hits regular users. It's downright ridiculous. Something needs to be changed.
Apr 20, 2014 2:16 PM

Feb 2008
9 pages of complaints about this and not one response from either Kineta or Xinil. No wonder they get hit with DDoS attacks. That seems to be the only thing that gets their attention.

Incapsula is crap and i wish they would fix this site for once or at least tell us what is going on with the site.

this is why i just use MAL to track my anime
Apr 20, 2014 2:17 PM

Aug 2007
Scince Last friday (April 18) I have the "problem". I use safari to access MAL, but a few moments ago in firefox the Incapsula show for first time since Friday. I really don't know if its a MAL problem or mine.
Apr 20, 2014 2:42 PM

Oct 2009
Droid613 said:

Allow to me answer if you will. It is because you phone ip has been flagged. May I ask, do you use your phone to access MAL a lot? If so, well you may have been flagged due to how much time you have spent on it. It wouldn't effect every device one may own, because every device has it own unique ip. For example. I mainly access MAL through my laptop, thus it have been flagged. If I were to switch to my phone/ipad/computer, it would not come up. As to why it could affect multiple sites is, well, time for me to offer two options. It could be due to Incapusla keep the Ip logged on it own server, so it could find bots faster. Or, you just have been flagged as well. This is me just purely guessing based on what would make since, it is in no way fact. I am looking into Incapusla flagging system now because it have sparked my interest.

I do use my tablet and phone a lot to access MAL, but even so, neither my home laptop or my work laptop is flagged by incapsula. Just my android devices are flagged >.> but thx for the suggestion
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2014 4:41 PM

Mar 2011
Droid613 said:
Skyla said:

Interesting. I did say I could not guarantee a fix(if not I need to edit that in quick).
Mind if I ask a few question? What browser are you using? You also say you dont see the captcha? Do you have site editing addons/extension installed? You also say different computer, correct? May I ask are all the computers on a different internet signal, or are they all under the same internet signal? If it is all the same, do you use all to access MAL? The more information I know the more I can keep in mind. Than again, this is just me being curious about the underlying structure of incapusla.

I use Firefox, but I tried in Chrome and IE. I don't see any captchas on MAL, just the error page. Don't think I have any site editing add-ons/extensions. In Firefox I have things like: add close tabs to right in menu, status-4-ever, new tab home and such. Chrome just has an add-on to restore last session and IE's blank/normal/default. They're both on the same internet connection. I usually just one for MAL, sometimes I use the other but not often. And it's quite rare for me to actually log my account on the other.
Apr 20, 2014 5:47 PM

Dec 2011
Can't we get an admin reply here at least?
Apr 20, 2014 6:13 PM
Mar 2014
I been encountering the Incapsula network issues non stop and its becoming very frustrating. I am forced to fill the catchap and log back in when ever i return to the site, it keeps login me out non stop too.
Apr 20, 2014 7:53 PM

Apr 2012
Astonishing to what lengths some people go just to access one mediocre at best websites like MAL.
People should try to understand what others wrote instead of just repeating everything all over again and ask the same questions that were answered already.

You can try to get a new IP, clear all your cookies countless times, reinstall your browser and whatnot.
These Incapsula issues are serverside. You can't do anything to avoid them.
For you as a user it's just a hit and miss thing.
Incapsula just arbitrarily blocks you. There's no clear system behind it.
My server got blocked months ago by just accessing one page on MAL but got through when accessing two at another time.
I still assume it's a settings problem within Incapsula so that it triggers too many false positives.
Your best bet is to just leave MAL, I don't even want to sound rude here but it's true.
MAL or more specific Crave doesn't give a shit about its users.
We've all seen for years now (or heard that) and it won't change when people keep bearing with anything they are confronted with on MAL. ôO
Apr 20, 2014 7:53 PM

Sep 2012
This shit is fucking annoying.
Apr 20, 2014 8:04 PM

May 2013
Serhiyko said:
Have you tried going back in history?
Yeah, it was no use. I retyped it anyway.
Apr 20, 2014 8:05 PM
Jul 2018
Ugh, done it 3 times today!
Apr 20, 2014 8:09 PM

Jan 2013
Myanimelist has extremely competent administrators.
Apr 20, 2014 9:28 PM

Aug 2010
Well I'm fine with it if everyone is having the problem. I wondered if I was being targeted or something.

Get your it together MAL, at least post a news update to let people know it's happening to everyone.
Apr 21, 2014 12:59 AM

May 2010
Thank god I'm not the only one witnessing this annoying issue. I like reading the news when I'm on my iPhone but it get's really irritating when it keeps asking for a captcha. It can be quite bothersome when typing it as well.
Apr 21, 2014 3:26 AM

Jun 2012
it annoys me a lot

i have no idea why this happened

but i must type that captcha again if there's no activity in mal or close and open browser for second time (in this case, in mine)

it said ip checked or something like that
Apr 21, 2014 5:14 AM

Nov 2013
LoL, I am really gonna nuts. Previously it keep logged me out (Keep logged in function does not work) and giving me all kinds of errors even though I typed my login credentials correctly. Now giving me this incapsula also. Really?
Newbie :P
Apr 21, 2014 6:03 AM

Dec 2012
RedShadoww said:
Can't we get an admin reply here at least?

They've to eat their Easter eggs before.

nantuko said:
I still assume it's a settings problem within Incapsula so that it triggers too many false positives.

I can't find any other reason than this one.
Apr 21, 2014 6:34 AM

May 2013
Xinil barely gives a sh*t about MAL lately. No reply to the support forum, no bugs fixed, and no previous feature re-implemented.

Is it finally time to move on to something other than MAL?
Apr 21, 2014 7:26 AM

Jun 2007
Is it just me or the captcha is not appearing anymore?

I've been using MAL Updater and the website without any problems since last night.
edwarxApr 21, 2014 7:36 AM
Apr 21, 2014 7:28 AM
Jul 2012
Haven't had that Incapsula in mine browser yet this time.
Apr 21, 2014 8:58 AM

Jan 2012
Just to even enter this thread i have to enter the incapsula code... D:

http://gyazo.com/9b5f3c1ce5fae72b821cce53c0fe241d
Apr 21, 2014 9:56 AM

Jan 2014
damn
[/url]
Apr 21, 2014 10:16 AM

Aug 2007
DarknessOfEmo said:

You're luck. Its really annoying to weite the code before enter MAL.
Apr 21, 2014 10:30 AM

Dec 2011
Seems like it's my turn to be hit by this plague. I had to correctly enter 3 codes in a row in order to load a single page.

Incidentally, going back and then clicking the link again usually means you don't have to type in any code. Kind of defies the whole point of having it, doesn't it?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 21, 2014 10:36 AM
Aug 2013
This is really annoying. It's popping at me every 5 minutes and I can't even update my list. For information, I'm using Chrome on Windows 8.
Apr 21, 2014 10:47 AM
Sep 2012
Whenever I try and access myanimelist, Incapsula keeps appearing. It's really annoying. I have tried deleting cookies without success, turned off every single addon I have for chrome and even did a virus search on the computer. Nothing is working to get that Incapsula to stop appearing all the time.
I am using google chrome on windows 7, if that information is needed.
Apr 21, 2014 12:43 PM

Oct 2009
minimiau said:
DarknessOfEmo said:

You're luck. Its really annoying to weite the code before enter MAL.

Its annoying to even write it on ur phone >.> click on the text field, doesn't even let you enter >.> such a nuisance
Apr 21, 2014 12:44 PM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
I don't know why but I've never seen or had any issue with this stupid sounding site feature! I have a bunch of scripts like that BBS parsing one enabled and even an adblock... As well as MAL updater... Yeah, no response from it

Plus my ip is different every time I login! Surely that should set off the alarm bells?!
Nope.

Some security feature that is...

Apr 21, 2014 1:06 PM
Jan 2014
I have the same problem with the captcha for days now too. It's annoying
Apr 21, 2014 2:08 PM

May 2013
Okay so it's not just me.
The thing tells me constantly to enter the goddamn code, but for every page I want to visit. I just got concerned since it said my computer might have viruses (which I don't, I only have some cookies).

Apr 21, 2014 2:15 PM

Jan 2013
I always get the code thingy when i'm on the laptop, but when i'm the PC I don't get it...
Apr 21, 2014 3:57 PM
Aug 2011
Right now for me using MAL is almost impossible. I have to show to Incapsula that I'm not a bot almost every page. Sometime I need to edit the episodes I watched like 5 or 6 times, because everytime I try to do it when I recharge the page MAL thinks I'm a bot and forces me to write the capcha and re-edit my list.
BertockApr 21, 2014 4:01 PM
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How to see percentage of anime you have watched

trueauracoral - Mar 30

9 by trueauracoral »»
6 hours ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3354 by -rexon- »»
8 hours ago

» Forum discussion notifications not popping up in the mobile app.

Sammyy143 - Apr 13

13 by GeoSigma »»
Yesterday, 1:25 PM

» Reinstall the MAL app

ilias23 - Yesterday

0 by ilias23 »»
Yesterday, 12:29 PM

» Can you fix an image problem?

keepinup - Yesterday

2 by keepinup »»
Yesterday, 5:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.