Forum Settings
Forums

Otome Game 'Meiji Tokyo Renka' to be Animated

New
Nov 3, 2013 6:36 PM

Nov 2007
It was announced at the Meiji Tokyo Renka ~Haikara Roman Gekijou 2~ fan event that the game "Meiji Tokyo Renka (Mei Koi)" has an anime project planned. Details about the anime project will be coming soon.

Official game site: http://www.meikoi-psp.com/

Synopsis from vndb:
"Ayazuki Mei (our heroine) was pulled thrown into Meiji era by some strange magic. Fujita Gorou found her loitering around the Rokumeikan Hall (since it's where the high officials held their ball). She was about to be arrested but then an elite official named Mori Ougai claimed that she was his fiancée. Thus she was brought to his mansion and was told that she can stay whether just for a year or even for 10 years. Then, a romantic love story in a grandeur era begins..."

This game started as mobile game and got adapted into a drama CD series. Later, the game made it to the PSP platform.

Source: Diary @ Shinnosuke Tachibana's official site

Story by Shadow-Chan

Meiji Tokyo Renka on MAL
myanimelistllcMar 31, 2016 1:26 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Nov 3, 2013 6:43 PM

Dec 2007
2nd Brocolli otome game to be adapted I wonder if it would b as successful as Utapri :D
Nov 3, 2013 6:45 PM

Mar 2012
I want to see HoshiMemo adaptation too but that's probably won't ever happen.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 3, 2013 6:51 PM
Jul 2013
Not too interested in this at the moment but I'll give it a shot.
Nov 3, 2013 6:52 PM

Sep 2012
Sounds rather lame to me. The bishies look cute though.
Another page to the history of the Fujaku.
Nov 3, 2013 6:53 PM

Sep 2012
I think there has always been talk why the game has not yet got animated, so finally here it is.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 3, 2013 7:07 PM

Oct 2011
Another otomege adaptation~ Will wait for this~!
Nov 3, 2013 7:13 PM
Sep 2012
Eh, sure, why not?
Nov 3, 2013 8:00 PM

May 2008
Not really interested due to the whole Fushigi Yuugi feel to it. Too many time-traveling reverse harems have popped up since that.
(Almost) 13 years on MAL!
()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Nov 3, 2013 8:55 PM

Mar 2012
I just hope it doesn't turn out to be just another lame ona or ova like the other otome game anime adaption that I was looking forward to. Hopefully it turns into a real tv series or I'll be a bit upset with otome games turning into anime.
Nov 3, 2013 9:19 PM

Oct 2011
Ah an Otome series. Will watch XD
Nov 3, 2013 9:41 PM
Jul 2018
Heh, I've been planning to get the game.
Nov 3, 2013 9:55 PM

Jun 2011
Will this be another one of those reverse harem where the female protagonist will have no personality at all, and for some reason every other hot dudes fall for the heroine, and have the need to save her?

Recent otome game adaption had been awful. Why can't we have shoujo romance instead. I don't know why people are buying these otome game anime adaption instead of a better quality shoujo romance anime..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 3, 2013 10:07 PM

Sep 2011
After watching all these really shitty Otome series lately, I'll have to pass on this.
Nov 3, 2013 10:55 PM

Nov 2011
I'll probably just watch the first episode to see if it interest me or not. If not, then guess what...

DROP.
Nov 3, 2013 11:33 PM
Mar 2010
Since this is Broccoli, I hope they won't reduce the heroine into a walking doormat like what HuneX, Sylph and Otomate are doing.

Haruka(UtaPri) actually has a personality. I don't want some awesome badass heroine. Just give me a heroine who isn't a doll which just says 'yes' or 'no'.

And last but not least, hope this doesn't turn out to be some OVA like Juuza Engi(Grrrrr! Still mad about that!)

silentlildreamer said:
I just hope it doesn't turn out to be just another lame ona or ova like the other otome game anime adaption that I was looking forward to. Hopefully it turns into a real tv series or I'll be a bit upset with otome games turning into anime.

It was Juuza Engi wasn't it? I feel you.

ToG25thBaam said:
Why can't we have shoujo romance instead. I don't know why people are buying these otome game anime adaption instead of a better quality shoujo romance anime..

It's unfortunate but shoujo manga fans don't buy anime. :(
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Nov 3, 2013 11:49 PM

Mar 2012
phoenixalia said:
Since this is Broccoli, I hope they won't reduce the heroine into a walking doormat like what HuneX, Sylph and Otomate are doing.

Haruka(UtaPri) actually has a personality. I don't want some awesome badass heroine. Just give me a heroine who isn't a doll which just says 'yes' or 'no'.

And last but not least, hope this doesn't turn out to be some OVA like Juuza Engi(Grrrrr! Still mad about that!)

silentlildreamer said:

It was Juuza Engi wasn't it? I feel you.

Sadly yes it was that anime if it was based on the heroine with cat like ears, and wasn't some weak heroine. I was looking forward to that anime, but once news was released on it being it an ona/ova my need to watch it dropped.
Nov 3, 2013 11:57 PM
Mar 2010
silentlildreamer said:

Sadly yes it was that anime if it was based on the heroine with cat like ears, and wasn't some weak heroine. I was looking forward to that anime, but once news was released on it being it an ona/ova my need to watch it dropped.

Well, I'll still watch it but I know now for sure that it'll be butchered. And yes, one of the things I was looking forward to was Kan'U(hopefully they won't remove her strong personality in the anime).
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Nov 4, 2013 12:01 AM

Dec 2007
phoenixalia said:

She does have a personality but she was still butchered..

I noticed that MTR is pretty popular in pixiv :D

Game cast list (Most likely retained)
Charlie - Morikawa Toshiyuki
Ouga Mori - Namikawa Daisuke
Syunso Hishida - KENN
Otojiro Kawakami - Kousuke Toriumi
Kyouka Izumi - Okamoto Nobuhiko
Goro Fujita - Fukuyama Jun
Yakumo Koizumi - Tachibana Shinnosuke
mistress_kisaraNov 4, 2013 12:10 AM
Nov 4, 2013 12:14 AM

May 2010
Where is my third UtaPri season >_< I'd rather watch it.

Well, seiyuu list is quite nice, probably will end up watching it anyway. Hope there is no open ending and heroine with some character... After BroCon doll I will accept anything, sigh.
Nov 4, 2013 12:59 AM

Dec 2010
Sometimes I don't know if I will be happy or sad about otoge's turning anime since most of them doesn't do the original material justice. Most of them go on the general route, leaving the heroine look like she was playing with the guys' feelings and then can't decide.Things happen too abruptly and sometimes you just wonder how romance can get in place. I understand that there are time restrictions, but still... I just look at otoge turned anime as promotionary material to make viewers interested to go and check out the game.
Nov 4, 2013 4:31 AM

Jul 2010
Well, I will watch, looks nice.
Nov 4, 2013 5:25 AM

Nov 2008
not sure if i'm that interested yet
Nov 4, 2013 7:51 AM

Apr 2010
Shoujo isn't my thing usually but this seems interesting. I'll give it a try.

Nov 4, 2013 8:04 AM
Manga Moderator
Sep 2011
God, I pray she has a personality.
Nov 4, 2013 8:14 AM

Jun 2008
Uwah, not sure if I want to see an anime adaption of that...

endless_nine_09 said:
Sometimes I don't know if I will be happy or sad about otoge's turning anime since most of them doesn't do the original material justice. Most of them go on the general route, leaving the heroine look like she was playing with the guys' feelings and then can't decide.Things happen too abruptly and sometimes you just wonder how romance can get in place. I understand that there are time restrictions, but still... I just look at otoge turned anime as promotionary material to make viewers interested to go and check out the game.

Yup~
Nov 4, 2013 9:10 AM

Nov 2011
I'm not so into otomes but since I'm interested in meiji era I think I'll give it a try. If it did'n have decent plot at least I like the milieu and their clothing :D

Nov 4, 2013 11:11 AM

Aug 2013
I don't like most otoge-based anime, but I'll give it a shot at least.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks appeal."
Nov 4, 2013 12:28 PM

Aug 2011
Well, I'm hoping they don't screw this up. I'm also hoping this will be a TV anime. ;___;
Nov 4, 2013 1:25 PM

Nov 2011
Well, doesn't sound intresting to me, but since it's a otome adaptation, I'll give it a try.

Oh, how I want a Tokyo Yamanote Boys adaptation...
「喜びも悲しみもあなたさえ五等分なんです!」

Nov 4, 2013 2:12 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
DragonCactus said:
I don't like most otoge-based anime, but I'll give it a shot at least.

Same here, I like the setting/clothing. No Kaji Yuki, what a shame.
Nov 4, 2013 2:41 PM

Aug 2013
I know it's supposed to be because she's supposed to be relatable to the audience(women) but how come we can't have a smart female MC when it comes to otome/male harem type of series? I mean look at UtaPri, Haruka is quite intelligent enough that she can compose pop songs, but she basically looks stoned whenever one of the Starfish confesses their feelings to her. I liked Chizuru in Hakuoki, but all she does is basically serve as fodder for rescue mostly(though she did spy for the Shisengumi). And the chick in Amnesia is as smart as a box of cathair. It feels . . . rather tiring.

I'm sure most audience(women) want to see a buttkicking, smart woman who also gets any man she wants. Saiunkuoku is the only series like this where the female MC was as smart and terrific as the males were....

And this applies to reverse harems too: Most leads of these type of series are even dumber than a Kardashian.
Nov 4, 2013 4:50 PM

Jul 2009
Not another one. :/
These things never go anywhere and the characters are more than litterally 2Dimentional.

Nov 4, 2013 4:51 PM

Jun 2009
MEIKOI!!!
I'm so excited for this!!
They finally did it. BROCCOLI, as usual. You did your thing. You bomb the event with such surprises, you did it again aksjfldsgkjfdlhdgkjl LOOKING FORWARD FOR IT!
サービスサービス
Nov 4, 2013 5:04 PM

Jul 2010
If your interested on the VA 's here is the opening
Omg Jun, Nouhiko,Kenn!!!!
http://vimeo.com/70388456
Enjoy!!!
Nov 4, 2013 7:36 PM

Feb 2009
Might give this a try... seems really interesting
I'am Thou And Thou Art I...And we're a HAPPY FAMILY!!!
Nov 4, 2013 9:04 PM

Nov 2012
hmm I really curious about the story.. gonna see it later :3
Nov 5, 2013 10:06 AM
May 2012
Nae_Gevurah said:
I looked at the PSP site... Seriously straight girls like all these majorly girly guys? As you can tell I tend to dislike reverse-harems... I'll probably skip this one.

Well I agree most guys in otome games looks kinda girlish. I think I'll check this one out because the girl looks cute :3
Nov 5, 2013 6:05 PM

Aug 2013
Amiluhur said:
I know it's supposed to be because she's supposed to be relatable to the audience(women) but how come we can't have a smart female MC when it comes to otome/male harem type of series? I mean look at UtaPri, Haruka is quite intelligent enough that she can compose pop songs, but she basically looks stoned whenever one of the Starfish confesses their feelings to her. I liked Chizuru in Hakuoki, but all she does is basically serve as fodder for rescue mostly(though she did spy for the Shisengumi). And the chick in Amnesia is as smart as a box of cathair. It feels . . . rather tiring.

I'm sure most audience(women) want to see a buttkicking, smart woman who also gets any man she wants. Saiunkuoku is the only series like this where the female MC was as smart and terrific as the males were....

And this applies to reverse harems too: Most leads of these type of series are even dumber than a Kardashian.

Because Otoge series are gender-swapped otaku harem series, that's why.

Otaku harem MCs aren't exactly known for being interesting either.
Nov 5, 2013 11:16 PM
Nov 2013
Thanks for nice post share here.
Nov 6, 2013 1:43 AM

Jul 2011
mistress_kisara said:
phoenixalia said:

She does have a personality but she was still butchered..

I noticed that MTR is pretty popular in pixiv :D

Game cast list (Most likely retained)
Charlie - Morikawa Toshiyuki
Ouga Mori - Namikawa Daisuke
Syunso Hishida - KENN
Otojiro Kawakami - Kousuke Toriumi
Kyouka Izumi - Okamoto Nobuhiko
Goro Fujita - Fukuyama Jun
Yakumo Koizumi - Tachibana Shinnosuke

I'd rather play the otoge than watch the anime of it; but since I can't actually play the game, looks like I don't really have a choice.
I'll probably watch for the sake of the cast. Tori!! \(^w^)/ Kenn!! \(^w^)/ (And junjun + tachinbana and namidai! :'D)
---
As as for the discussion with main heroines, I'd like to note that I liked the heroine from wand of fortune... uh, Lulu or something. She was independent and useful and she wasn't pathetic, unlike the rest of her otomate counterparts =w= (or at least, she was like that in the Lagi route...hehe )
Tumblr: Gigglepud
My one rec for anyone who likes good storytelling: Play Zero Escape/Ai the Somnium Files
Nov 6, 2013 9:49 PM

Jul 2012
So, this will be a historical reverse harem? I'm so in.
Nov 9, 2013 8:13 PM
Dec 2010
Nae_Gevurah said:
I looked at the PSP site... Seriously straight girls like all these majorly girly guys?

http://www.makemymood.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/japan-then-and-now.jpg
Nov 9, 2013 10:10 PM

Sep 2012
scytheavatar said:
Nae_Gevurah said:
I looked at the PSP site... Seriously straight girls like all these majorly girly guys?
http://www.makemymood.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/japan-then-and-now.jpg
And it is not just Japan. Korea, Taiwan, South east Asia.... Perhaps it is time to see how culture can move and leave you behind.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 10, 2013 12:46 AM

Nov 2013
Sounds a bit interesting to me. I might give it a try.
今日の朝食はどうだった?
超ショック!!
Nov 10, 2013 2:05 AM
Mar 2010
Nae_Gevurah said:

Yes, tragedy isn't it?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
2 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.