Forum Settings
Forums

Do you think its wrong for adults to enjoy anime ?

New
Do you think its wrong for adults to enjoy anime ?
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Nov 26, 2013 1:16 AM

Aug 2011
er. no.
Nov 26, 2013 1:17 AM

Nov 2013
Hell no!
anime is better then anything on tv anyways.
Nov 26, 2013 1:34 AM

Jul 2013
Yes due to societal norms, but if being right is wrong I don't wanna be right ha.
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Nov 26, 2013 2:41 AM

May 2012
Not at all. I know some adults who still watch WWE and I find that weird. But in the end it doesn't matter what other people think. Watch whatever you enjoy watching.
Nov 26, 2013 5:09 AM
Nov 2013
well, I'm pretty sure that as time passes by, the amount of older people to watch anime will increase. At least for the next 30 or so years.
Nov 26, 2013 5:31 AM

Jun 2011
some Adults enjoy watching football matches..
some will enjoy watching TV shows or Movies..
and some will enjoy watching Animes or Cartoons..
i don't see what's the "wrong" with watching "anime"?..
it doesn't matter if the person is "Adult".
i'm 21, i watch animes and i will keep watching till the end. :p
Nov 26, 2013 5:34 AM

Sep 2007
pralan2 said:
Anime is just like any other form of entertainment, age doesn't matter

This

Ckan said:
Well just don't put it on your resume.

I put it on mine!

Nov 26, 2013 5:36 AM

Dec 2012
I don't think it's wrong, but a lot of adults would think its childish and wrong tho.
Nov 26, 2013 5:53 AM

Sep 2007
Flume said:
elkensteyin said:
AkanthaNero said:
Flume said:
Yes, it is wrong. All anime are aimed at kids and teenagers and anyone that watches it that are older than 18 are committing a major felony.

Seriously, this is the most ignorant thing I have ever read in my life. It is not wrong to see anime, people see what  they want, you have a very ignorant mind, people with limited minds like yours should not use the internet, should not be in society.

Thank you AkanthaNero. You actually were a lot nicer than I would have been in my response.

It was obviously sarcastic.

I think both AkanthaNero and elkensteyin don't understand sarcasm ...

Nov 26, 2013 6:51 AM
Oct 2010
Yondy375 said:
Yes due to societal norms, but if being right is wrong I don't wanna be right ha.

That's mostly due to them not realizing type of content some of these shows have. For instance, family guy would widely be regarded as an "adult" show because many people know what type of content is displayed.

Anime on the other hand would not because they have no idea what type of content is being displayed.. and man, if only they knew. Some underage anime watchers might be banned from it.
Nov 26, 2013 7:21 AM
Sep 2013
People who liked anime in the 90s/early 2000s are now adults, or approaching adulthood. Adults who like anime didn't just "discover" it in their adulthood, for the most part; they simply enjoy something that's familiar to them.

As your taste develops it's healthy to admit a lot of what you used to like is out of your current age range, but it's also healthy not to pretend to have grown out of things that still really resonate with you.

Also, only kids care about what "adulthood" means.
GodAndTheBearNov 26, 2013 7:24 AM
Nov 26, 2013 9:20 AM

Nov 2013
Anime is just another medium for narrative. Sure it's animated, but at it's core, most tell a story. So do books.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty" - Winston Churchill

Nov 26, 2013 9:52 AM

Jul 2012
My mum loves watching anime so no
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Nov 26, 2013 6:56 PM

Sep 2013
skudoops said:
Yondy375 said:

That's mostly due to them not realizing type of content some of these shows have. For instance, family guy would widely be regarded as an "adult" show because many people know what type of content is displayed.

Anime on the other hand would not because they have no idea what type of content is being displayed.. and man, if only they knew. Some underage anime watchers might be banned from it.

Yeah, but Family Guy is like that for adult content, not a mature story. That's the problem, most people in the west either see animation as a way to tell a children's tale or an adult comedy. Nix the adult comedy (for the most part), add tentacle rape, and you've got a pretty average opinion of anime from a non fan.

Animation just isn't seen as a medium to tell a mature story in the West. And it doesn't help the image when a stereotypical anime fan has a waifu pillow.
y'all need to shut the fuck up.
Nov 26, 2013 8:24 PM
Jan 2013
Nope. Anime can be enjoyed by anyone, regardless of age.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2013 8:38 PM
Oct 2010
bitchLedZeppelin said:
skudoops said:
Yondy375 said:

Yeah, but Family Guy is like that for adult content, not a mature story. That's the problem, most people in the west either see animation as a way to tell a children's tale or an adult comedy. Nix the adult comedy (for the most part), add tentacle rape, and you've got a pretty average opinion of anime from a non fan.

Animation just isn't seen as a medium to tell a mature story in the West. And it doesn't help the image when a stereotypical anime fan has a waifu pillow.

Well that simply plays back into what I was saying, they don't know the content so they judge it based on the random things they see and the behaviour of the fans. At the same time their exposure may actually be limited to more teen oriented shows, especially considering those tend to get the most exposure so that's another angle to view it from.

Then of course there's the crowd that lumps all animated shows as being for children, but those are mostly old people. I will agree with your final assessment though, DC animation has actually been doing very well in that department. Particularly with Under the Red Hood, Batman Returns and Flashpoint Paradox.
Nov 26, 2013 8:42 PM

Aug 2013
I think it's fine for adults to enjoy whatever they want, so long as they keep it to themselves.

In other words, don't murder, rape or eat anyone I vaguely care about and we're good.
Nov 26, 2013 8:57 PM
Nov 2013
No, not at all! There's something in anime for everyone no matter what age they are.
Nov 26, 2013 9:15 PM

Apr 2013
you realize being 18+ / 19+ / 21+ in most countries is considered being an adult? so no it's not wrong.
Nov 26, 2013 9:45 PM

Oct 2013
nope. I sometimes show my parents an episode from a show I'm watching. They like the movies done by Studio Ghibli :)
Nov 27, 2013 4:24 AM
Oct 2012
Akito_Kinomoto said:
Hi, hoovefied brony here, still plays colorful platformers in this age of brown textures, prefers Pokemon over Elder Scrolls, and doesn't afraid of anything.

Except sports, lol nerd.
Nov 27, 2013 4:35 AM

Dec 2009
You're never to old to have a good time.
Dec 18, 2013 5:33 PM

Nov 2013
VashXTrigun said:
You're never to old to have a good time.
this man speaks the truth!
Dec 18, 2013 5:38 PM

Dec 2012
Most anime i watch would not be ok for younger viewers to watch. I also know far more adults who watch anime.
Dec 18, 2013 5:46 PM

Jun 2013
This poll was actually quite useful. Now we know approximately 10% of the users are trolls.
If you generalize, you're wrong.
Dec 18, 2013 5:56 PM

Oct 2013
why would be it wrong? there is even a genre named seinen and jiosen, for boys and girls between 18 and 30, and even if these people are older that this, seriously there is nothing wrong in that lol...
Dec 18, 2013 6:00 PM

Jan 2013
I hope I’m not trolling but, honestly, I don’t understand how come these kind of questions are asked, especially in an anime forum. And too often, by the way. I don’t see what’s the big deal about watching whatever it is you enjoy on TV. Just enjoy it as much as you can man! ;)
At least you should exchange the word “wrong” by the word “normal”. Seems a somewhat more acceptable question among anime fans. :)
Dec 18, 2013 6:24 PM

Nov 2013
JUON said:
I hope I’m not trolling but, honestly, I don’t understand how come these kind of questions are asked, especially in an anime forum. And too often, by the way. I don’t see what’s the big deal about watching whatever it is you enjoy on TV. Just enjoy it as much as you can man! ;)
At least you should exchange the word “wrong” by the word “normal”. Seems a somewhat more acceptable question among anime fans. :)
well I think it happens so often because when people turn a certain age they start questioning the things they hold from their past.

But what people fail to notice is that there are more adult anime fans out there then we realize. This forum on Crunchyroll shows that there are 30,40 and 50 year olds who watch anime! http://www.crunchyroll.ca/forumtopic-776513/older-anime-fans
Dec 23, 2013 12:08 PM

Dec 2013
No, it's up to you..
Dec 27, 2013 1:33 AM

Jan 2010
I'm 23 and I've been watching since I was 8. So no, nothing wrong. I won't stop now or ever.
Dec 27, 2013 1:50 AM

Apr 2010
Ckan said:

B-b-b-but I want this security company to know my pro skills of staring at a tv for hours while eating funyuns
Dec 27, 2013 1:51 AM

Sep 2009
I think it's wrong if they don't.
Dec 27, 2013 1:56 AM

Dec 2013
Why even ask that question here?? The majority of people on this site are adults and watch anime. The average Joe would definately think that it's wrong, but who cares? I am not some teen who tries to fit in anymore. I can do whatever I like with my spare time and I don't care what others think about it.
Dec 27, 2013 1:58 AM

Jul 2008
i'm 32 years old
when i was 28-29 i was thinking once i hit 30 i must stop watch anime, i must stop play VG, a must .... becouse i will be older now

thin i start think in new philosophy

There not that much life of my life, why i live a lie
when i west my life not doing what i love because someone there not liking it

So i start watch anime more, and have fun in my life as long it not stop me from the important things, 1-2 episode in a day not bad
Dec 27, 2013 1:59 AM

Apr 2011
truthillusion said:
Ckan said:

B-b-b-but I want this security company to know my pro skills of staring at a tv for hours while eating funyuns

If you can watch the whole Endless Eight 2 to 5 times without sleeping, you probably have the right skills to be a night shift security guard.
Dec 27, 2013 2:55 AM
Dec 2013
Few days ago I posted a question about this,because Im 22 and people around me made me think that Im too old for anime.It was encouraging to see that there are people who are way older than me and still enjoy anime...now I dont care what people around me say about my hobby,Im going to enjoy it as much as I can,because there just one life to live.
Dec 27, 2013 2:59 AM

Feb 2013
it doesn't matter what's right.
it's only wrong if you get caught
Dec 27, 2013 3:00 AM

Dec 2009
heynad said:
Few days ago I posted a question about this,because Im 22 and people around me made me think that Im too old for anime.It was encouraging to see that there are people who are way older than me and still enjoy anime...now I dont care what people around me say about my hobby,Im going to enjoy it as much as I can,because there just one life to live.

Good for you heynad. I'm 23 myself and i also enjoy anime, and i will till i am old and grey.

So you are not the only one who likes anime at an older age. :)
Dec 27, 2013 3:27 AM

Apr 2010
yomachi said:
truthillusion said:
Ckan said:

If you can watch the whole Endless Eight 2 to 5 times without sleeping, you probably have the right skills to be a night shift security guard.

Joke's on you, I like Endless Eight.
Dec 27, 2013 3:34 AM
Jun 2012
this is the internet and an anime community thus everyone is bound to give model answers.

although i am an anime fan and i enjoy watching anime, but at the end of the day everyone know its weird to watch anime when you are an adult.

in be4 someone quote me and write a wall of text filled with philosophical bullshit
Dec 27, 2013 3:54 AM

Dec 2009
drinkbeer said:
this is the internet and an anime community thus everyone is bound to give model answers.

although i am an anime fan and i enjoy watching anime, but at the end of the day everyone know its weird to watch anime when you are an adult.

in be4 someone quote me and write a wall of text filled with philosophical bullshit

I don't think it is weird at all, since there are also lots of anime and manga for mature audiences, and NO i'm not talking about "Hentai".
Dec 27, 2013 4:02 AM

Apr 2011
truthillusion said:
yomachi said:
truthillusion said:
Ckan said:

Joke's on you, I like Endless Eight.

Don't joke around like that.

drinkbeer said:

Only when I find a 40+ y/o watching To LOVE-Ru or hentai will I feel weirded out.
...Or find their home/room filled with anime posters and merchandise.
...And they have no woman or kids or other friends to share his interest with other than the internet.
Dec 27, 2013 8:39 AM
Dec 2013
drinkbeer said:

Of course its weird.I mean,basically we are talking about grown people watching cartoons.But I prefer being weird...being like everyone else is so lame.

yomachi said:

...Or find their home/room filled with anime posters and merchandise.

Well,my Dragon Ball Z action figures arent going anywhere.
Ill keep them even when Im 80.
Dec 27, 2013 8:43 AM
Jul 2018
I don't even understand this question....it's....stupid.
Dec 27, 2013 9:17 AM

Sep 2013
Why does age matter? people should be able to enjoy anime whatever their age is.
Dec 27, 2013 12:11 PM

Dec 2013
I may be an adult on the outside but inside I am still a kid. I plan to stay that way.
Dec 27, 2013 12:49 PM

Dec 2013
My perspective about anime is that the older you get the more responsibilities you get. at the age of lets say 30 you will have a steady job, family to take care of etc.. if anime is hindering you having a healthy relationship with your family then you need to grow up. like for instance not many girls will want their boyfriend/husband watching anime while they're living together. so you better find a girl who likes anime also or you're screwed.
Dec 27, 2013 1:01 PM

Sep 2013
ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN

Entertainment is for everyone ^^
Dec 27, 2013 2:23 PM

Aug 2013
Why_Envy_Bro said:
like for instance not many girls will want their boyfriend/husband watching anime while they're living together. so you better find a girl who likes anime also or you're screwed.
Then she ain't worth your time. Also you are not screwed if they don't like anime. This is because if someone is telling you that you shouldn't do this that and the other they are not right person for you. A relationship is one of two equals who accept each other for everything that they are. The example you have given isn't a strong as that relationship would be doomed from the outset.
Sup People and yes I am the physical manifestation of Shinji Ikari's Balls

And this what elite-sama says to incest
elite-sama said:
I'm against it because I don't have a sister. It's not fair.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

55 by Pokitaru »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 7 hours ago

30 by iiKonata »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

74 by Otakupervert890 »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - 6 hours ago

10 by Zettaiken »»
26 minutes ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - 11 hours ago

10 by Zettaiken »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.