Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Desert Punk Episode 24 Discussion

Jan 22, 2014 9:05 AM

I.........cant believe people are posting in Desert punk. Wow. Impressive.
Gamer? Otaku?! Feel free to add me!

My collection pics below.

Game Collection

Anime & Manga Collection

Jan 22, 2014 6:56 PM

Quite decent ending, while these last few episodes did take up a more serious role I did enjoyed it till this end! I did find the combination between fan service, humor and seriousness quite lovely and with a good pace it was overall a great anime!

What I especially liked about this anime were the characters and of course Wakamoto Norio voice casting one of them!

But yea quite enjoyed this final episode and well it sure finishes of this story quite decently! 8/10

Feb 22, 2014 5:33 PM

Awesome series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 15, 2014 9:39 PM

Que buena serie

Oct 26, 2014 7:50 PM

The series was an enjoyable ride. A lot of laughter and i enjoyed the perverted humor. How ever I have to say that i was very disappointed in the ending. It really didn't conclude anything. Like is the old geezer a bad guy, and kosuna is on the wrong side, or is it kanta who is the bad guy now, and the show is no longer about him. Is it about kosuna who claims to be the new "Desert punk"?

Things i did enjoy though was that kanta didn't join the underground mercenaries, and he ending up siding with junko :). So i'm glad that kanta can make his own decisions and isn't brain washed like the rest of the characters.

Although I'm disappointed in how it ended. I give this show a 8/10 because I always like to be generous.

Feb 20, 2015 4:14 PM

I enjoyed it for the most part. It never got as good as I thought it could. I liked how Taiko outsmarted Sunabouzu at the end. Favorite characters for me were Amagumo then Taiko. I feel about 6/10 for this.
Such junk...

Mar 23, 2015 6:01 PM

bump. 9/10, very liked the show.
question: from what chapter/volume should i read the manga, if i've watched the whole anime adaptation?
あらあら。。。

May 2, 2015 2:43 PM

Surprising as hell, but in a good manner.

Jul 7, 2015 10:08 AM

I always cry at endings :'(

Jul 28, 2015 9:14 AM

shadylookin said:
I'm conflicted.

I'm glad they didn't turn it into a good vs evil fight. Though mysteriously coming back from the dead annoys me. Taiko doesn' make a good main character she has the body of a 6 year old and the maturity of a 9 year old despite supposedly being 14. I love that they don't try and make Kanta some lame hero who fights for justice, but at the same time they didn't really set up his character as someone who would burn a family alive killing 3 children(else why not shoot taiko after she stole his bag in the desert).

They should have either made the ending lighter or the beginning darker

Exactly what I felt. The ending is a good plot twist actually, but not developed enough.
A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step.

Mar 16, 2016 11:43 AM

GONZO did it again. The manga may have a different ending.

Feb 17, 2017 11:15 PM

Kanta is a genuine diamond in the rough, or rough in the diamond, or rough in the rough, whatever, he's a bona fide piece of shit. I think the show would easily be a complete flop on the story telling side as well if Kanta followed the same route of being a bad guy, but redeemed in the end, or a good guy with a horrible reputation e.g. trigun.

Following this logic, we know Junko's gonna backstab him the moment he flops, but Kanta doesn't seem to mind at all.

Props up to the Great Desert Punk!
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.

Dec 21, 2017 3:06 AM
What chapter did the anime end on in manga?

Sep 1, 2018 12:22 PM
The ending just killed it for me. There's no way Kanta should've survived after that robot essentially gored him wrist deep. I hate that they brought him back - if he was left dead, I would've easily rated this an 8. I just can't suspend my disbelief... especially the climactic explosion. How anyone survives that is beyond me.

Jan 1, 12:48 PM

It's an ending that I'm not expected, just really hope there a sequel.
Anyway good anime, 8/10

Jan 1, 5:03 PM

livingdarknet said:
hope there a sequel.

Only if you decide to read the books.

Mar 16, 2:18 PM

I'm neutral for the ending but overall very good show, i loved it !

Pages (2) « 1 [2]