Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 2, 2013 1:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nyaaaa. This episode was kinda funny to me. I like the cat dude.

I love how they describe more concepts of this show. Dem level ups. Akatsuki was adorable as usual of course. The kids were cute as well! Cute episode imo. I kinda feel sorry for some of the kids though.
Nov 2, 2013 1:53 AM

Nov 2007
The joy of actually has taste! lol~ Cat guy is a chef for side job. Introduction. Two girls in love. Wow, to lowering levels to teach low level players, interesting. NPC that resembles the little students, who are in a very bad guild.

In Akiba.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 2, 2013 5:00 AM

Aug 2010
Finally they have food hehe. Nyanta is a chef hahaha.

Lol'd so much at Serara's fangirling over Nyanta and their reaction "So obvious" XD
And Akatsuki saying she has a nice taste XD

Then pouting after trying to console Shiro, Kawaiii <3
And she looks nice with her hair down too.

But damn! Every passing ep, they give some glimpses of "Tea party"
I want to know more and more about them already >_<

Let's see what Shiro will "Resolve" to do nxt. How will he act to change this world?

I'm still wondering when they'll try to investigate why their stuck in their though. Isn't it a bit abnormal to not care at all and just live normally like that O_o?
Barion-ZaraNov 2, 2013 5:32 AM
Nov 2, 2013 5:12 AM

Feb 2013
akatsuki looks awesome without the pony tail
Nov 2, 2013 5:24 AM

Dec 2009
Log Horizon manages to capture the right spirit when it comes to MMOs <3
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Nov 2, 2013 6:02 AM

Mar 2012
Ok i am finally convinved this series is without a doubt Awesome

its the first series i have actually seen that really captures the MMORPG feel

Hmm i think i finally have noticed the pattern of the storyline in this series at least for now. they seem to be focusing on moral siituations they come across. quite an interesting subject mind you especially when it comes to determine what is right and what is wrong especially there in the game world

All in All i am so happy they found and picked this series and thats it cour long yes :). The only thing i regret is when i initally tought that this was going to be another SAO clone, i am so ashamed i should have followed dont judge by a book by its cover, but i didn't not a mistake il do again or at least try not

5/5 Keep it up i am looking forward for more
Nov 2, 2013 6:08 AM

Jul 2012
20 minutes feels like 5 minutes when I'm watching this.

I want to know why Shiroe is avoiding guilds, does he think that players only want him in the guild to take advantage of his knowledge?

& Nyanta is boss
Nov 2, 2013 6:24 AM

May 2013
They can finally taste food! lol.
R- said:
akatsuki looks awesome without the pony tail

I agree with that.
Nov 2, 2013 6:28 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode. But what? Handsome? Aren't they just avatars?
Nov 2, 2013 6:30 AM

Dec 2012
I love the amount of focus they put into the the game world and how it works. Really makes you believe that they're trapped in a different world or an alternate reality.

I won't say game world though, it just doesn't seem like that, it's as if they've seemingly been transported to a different world altogether rather than say in SAO were it's prominent that they are in fact, trapped in a game with a clear reason of how they got into that situation, though it's too early to be saying that about this show now.

Though Horizon does feature a lot of things that would be in an MMO and the MC mentions that they're inside a game world a lot. The people seem to have adjusted to that life pretty fast and haven't really given any indication as to when and how they want to escape. Not that it's a problem though. The show is very enjoyable.
Nov 2, 2013 6:31 AM

Feb 2008
Anyone would be happy to taste real foods after eating a nontaste foods?
Well, I guess he saw the samurai class boy beginning bu didn't act to try to help.
I think Shiroe will make resolve to try helping and change the world.
I can't see so much reasons to try to leave, they got foods and they getting revives, they can't just die.

I also want to see more of Shiroe pasts.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 2, 2013 6:32 AM

Oct 2011
At first sight not much happened, but it was still one of the most interesting episodes.

The way they talked about Nyanta, it seemed like he was in his 50's... I hope we will see all of them IRL at the end.
Nov 2, 2013 7:08 AM

Sep 2010
this is so good. - it's my comment after each episode.
Nov 2, 2013 7:19 AM

Jan 2009
Marow said:

So that's what they feeling has been. I was always confused by why i liked this anime as much as I did. But you said it best, it just the captures MMOs and all of it's qualities packed into every episode. Every episode we learn more about the game and learn more about the characters no episode is wasted, It teaches you bit by bit just like a real MMO.

Now i know what SAO lacked so much. I feel as if this anime had SAO budget and quality it would definitively y be a strong contender for top 50 animes.
Nov 2, 2013 7:22 AM
May 2009
http://i.imgur.com/b1aZyJD.png
One of my favorite scenes this episode :)
Nov 2, 2013 7:35 AM

Oct 2011
Interesting backstory of Nyanta. Serara x Nyanta. Dat Cat Food Guild : 0. Since the Apocalypse happened, I wonder if all the NPC have become human? Since Fedor and the children all live happily together. They have memories and emotions.

Yes!!! The players Shiroe mentioned will be introduced. The Teaching System is amazing. He was able to teach them about the game by being close to their level. But that guy in the slave guild basically killing them off > ; 0 and making them create stuff for food and water Since his high level is attracting lvl 90 monsters!!! Save them Shiore!!!!
AnimeFan500Nov 2, 2013 7:48 AM
Nov 2, 2013 7:50 AM

Aug 2013
Marow said:

This. So much this. One would think this is just some generic adventure show. Oh no no no. Anyone who has experienced playing an MMO would immediately get that familiar feeling when you watch LH.

Serara is so damn adorable and her fangirling over Nyanta made me smile so much :D

Akatsuki saying Serara has good taste then immediately consoling Shiroe was funny too.

I was eagerly awaiting when Akatsuki would knee Naotsugu the moment he started talking. Despite people saying the gag is getting old, I like it. It's like their signature interaction "that's so them."

When Naotsugu wondered how old Serara is in real life, it reminds you that what we see are just avatars. People like Demikas or those bastard guild leaders could very well be just kids and people like Serara might be middle-aged.

*sigh* Now to wait for next week's episode.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 2, 2013 7:56 AM

Oct 2013
now i can see why all players are called adventurer cuz they are in another world, hope to see more Akatsuki sreentime next chapter.
MOAR Akatsuki!
Nov 2, 2013 7:59 AM
Mar 2011
invention of cooking followed by the invention of slavery. Humanity doesn't change even in a game.
Nov 2, 2013 8:29 AM

May 2013
DarthVantos said:
Now i know what SAO lacked so much. I feel as if this anime had SAO budget and quality it would definitively y be a strong contender for top 50 animes.

Agreed. People are took focused on production quality so this anime will probably never reach SAO popularity. Wow those kids are basically in slavery. #What would Shiroue do(Don't yell at me for doing a hashtag, just a joke)? I hope he helps them, that ending was sad with the kid noticing Shiroue but not talking to him.
http://imgur.com/1IAX2zg Atatsuki was as cute as usual.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Nov 2, 2013 8:53 AM

Mar 2013
Lol that scene when Akatsuki was like Shiroe was good even though he's not a swordsman.
Sucks for those twins :/
Nov 2, 2013 8:53 AM

Jul 2013
Not a lot of action in this, but it was relaxing episode. Only shows information about cooking and NPC's, pretty descriptive though.

They finally get to taste the real food thanks to Nyanta's cooking :D. Serara and Akatsuki are so moe in this episode. And that ending scene, I hope Shiroe can save those twins.

Nov 2, 2013 8:54 AM

Apr 2011
Akatsuki looks good with her hair down.

It really does feel lik MMO. Even though there's no action, the conversation between the characters are nice and relaxing. You get to know more about the Tea Debauchery Party, about Nyanta, the NPC and more.
Nov 2, 2013 9:07 AM

Aug 2011
AAgg can't wait for episode 6!!!!!

Serara is so adorable of course Akatsuki too!!!!

Finally food that has taste!!!!!

more lolis and shotas I guess....
Nov 2, 2013 9:21 AM

Jul 2010
So next episode Shiroe will need to find the resolve to change his new reality.

Marow said:

I know right? That's why this show is so good.
Nov 2, 2013 9:21 AM

Sep 2012
Yay. They can taste food now!
Nov 2, 2013 10:23 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
That makes sense, you have to be a chef to make the food taste real. Good thing they have Nyanta. Poor twins, the boy should've yelled out to Shiroe, they got stuck in a terrible guild.
Nov 2, 2013 10:25 AM

Jan 2013
I rather like this show, I think we see Shiroe's next mission. Though I still wonder how this will end up, or if we'll get a S2.
Nov 2, 2013 10:26 AM

Mar 2008
I'm expecting an invasion of the slave guild in the coming episodes. Shiroe will save his apprentices.
Nov 2, 2013 10:49 AM

Jun 2012
Akatsuki was wearing a shirt that didn't cover her belly.

And they didn't show it to us.

Why?
Shoot first, think never.
Nov 2, 2013 10:57 AM

Sep 2009
Kyaaaa!! Serara's so damn cute ^_______^
Omg.. those twins! :( I hope Shiro will save them.
Nov 2, 2013 11:00 AM
Jan 2013
Finally the guys were able to taste real food.

That cat guy really knows how to make people happy with his cooking.
Nov 2, 2013 11:02 AM

Aug 2013
Open-Dice said:

Why?

A good show doesn't need pandering or fan-service?
Nov 2, 2013 11:07 AM

Aug 2010
Open-Dice said:

Why?

So you can imagine how good it looks.

True beauty is not how much skin a woman shows, but how skillfully she hides her skin.

If that is not enough for you, just hope rule 34 will deliver =)
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Nov 2, 2013 11:14 AM

Nov 2008
Open-Dice said:

Why?

You can kind of see it at 16:17

http://twitpic.com/djqvkd/full
sirwenceNov 2, 2013 11:20 AM
Nov 2, 2013 11:16 AM

Aug 2012
I need more!

Nov 2, 2013 11:47 AM
May 2013
great ep
in a world you think more than just live or death
Nov 2, 2013 11:50 AM

Jul 2009
I can see sub-classes having a much more important role with the transition.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Nov 2, 2013 12:09 PM

Mar 2012
LOL the important information they were referring to in the preview on ep. 5 from the last episode is how cooking can actually be done.

This was a nice episode. We're finding out more and more about the setting, and it's a nice touch. Shiroe will eventually free the twins from the shackles of whatever guild they're in for sure. It definitely seems like the plot is gonna pick up more next episode.
Nov 2, 2013 12:11 PM

Jul 2012
Decent episode. I really hope this show becomes more darker because I feel as if everyone's just OKAY with being stuck in a game.

DarthVantos said:

^
Nov 2, 2013 12:17 PM

Jul 2013
Naotsugu getting barraged with kunai when he referred Akatsuki as children was so funny lol..

Serara's so cute fangirl-ing on Nyanta, somehow I got the feeling that Nyanta is A LOT younger than he sounds.
Nov 2, 2013 12:28 PM

May 2012
looking forward for the next arc..

Nov 2, 2013 12:38 PM

Sep 2012
Not so bad episode, we got to see how this world is.
And i wanna see what will happen with those twins :D
Nov 2, 2013 12:53 PM
Dec 2012
I liked the road movie feel. Shiroe is blessed with his company Nyanta. He is a good cook. Nice to see non-player being featured. Like Shiroe said, they were more like real human. Looks like they are going to confront problems with the exploiting class. Looking forward to next episode.
Nov 2, 2013 12:59 PM

Jul 2012
Thank God the food issue is resolved. That would totally suck if that were to be the case forever. Should be interesting to see how they deal with the corruption of powerful players in the game.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 2, 2013 1:20 PM

Jun 2011
This anime is really coming along.
Character wise its great and the story is gradually increasing my interest.
I after the 3rd episode always look forward to watching the next one. It feels that as I sit to watch a new episode the adventure is over already, it's a bit hypnotic.

I hope something will work out for the kids. The preview didn't show anything on them are the gonna take a backseat for a while and make me anxious for another episode with them?
Nov 2, 2013 1:26 PM

Jan 2013
Solid episode. Nice background information.
Not loving the more comedic scenes with exaggerated expressions.
Nov 2, 2013 1:42 PM
Dec 2012
Guild boss Voice Actor is the same as Hijikata. OMFG
Nov 2, 2013 1:45 PM

Sep 2012
mayukachan said:
Decent episode. I really hope this show becomes more darker because I feel as if everyone's just OKAY with being stuck in a game.

Yeah, I want a darker episode too. They are stuck in a game, and no one is worried about that.
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Nov 2, 2013 1:51 PM

Dec 2011
Finally. They have returned. I can't wait to see how Shiroe will save the twins.

Database. Database. Whoaaa. This song is stuck in my head.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.