Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 31, 2013 7:58 PM

May 2013

If I miss out anybody, please let me know.

Oh just a reminder. You need to give reasons why you like this character. Have fun!

This is an anime discussion. Do not discuss about the manga or novel. I don't want people to give away manga spoilers or novel spoilers.

Please respect people's opinions.
mercury1980Nov 4, 2013 6:49 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 31, 2013 8:21 PM

Sep 2012
Mitsuki is just your generic "ice queen" pervert-saying high-and-mighty bitch. She's Senjogahara without the likability.

Constantly bringing herself up in vain and narcissistic ways saying "it's your goal to confess to me at the end of the school year", and then at the same time degrading the guy by calling him a pervert.

Think of it this way. She's that guy at the bar. The guy who's full of himself. He walks up to you, and says "hey baby, I know you want to go home with me tonight" in that condescending and arrogant tone. And then when you deny his generous offer accusation, you're a perverted bitch, and he never wanted you anyway. Slut.

Yup. Talk about a likable character. Eugh.

I'd say my favorite character is Akihito, but that's just because he hasn't been an asshole to anybody, and his actions aren't contradictory. At least, he's the only memorable and important character with those qualities. Although, his stupid glasses rants are fucking retarded, and really feel like they don't fit at all.
Oct 31, 2013 9:22 PM

Dec 2012
Hmmm, I don't think I have a favorite but I will go with the one I like the most, Ayaka Shindo.

I wouldn't call the characters of this anime bad but they don't seem to have they own personalities, theirs just feel borrowed from other anime characters, some elements of the show also feel borrowed, but I'm enjoying it even though it's made by Kyo ani so I don't care that much about the ''flaws''.

To rank all of them in terms of how much I like them:

Ayaka Shindo
Mitsuki Nase
Hiroomi Nase
Akihito Kanbara ( I mainly like him because of his voice actor) = Mirai Kuriyama
Rest
Nov 1, 2013 4:42 AM

Feb 2013
My favourite so far is Mitsuki. Characters like her are the ones who develop the most throughout a series. Also, it seems like she's got a particular reason to be like that, or so it looks to me. Nonetheless, she's way better than Mirai, who's actually too bland and annoying for the most part.

And then when you deny his generous offer accusation, you're a perverted bitch, and he never wanted you anyway. Slut.

I see you think very highly of people based on superficial details. First, her "advances" aren't effectively so. Rather, it's more like teasing Akihito. We've also got the idea that they've known each other for quite long, so they are indeed quite close to be so "open" with each other if you consider the way they interact.

Also, nothing of what she does can deem her as a "slut", since she obviously isn't after anyone. The only slight interest she might have is Akihito, and that's probably more related to their growing relationship and not to anything sentimental as of yet.

Plus, we had the chance to see (glimpse) Mirai's and Akihito's past. We are yet to get a better understanding of the Nase family. This episode made it pretty apparent that they probably did not choose to be spirit hunters by their own accords (at least not all of them).

Mitsuki's behaviour is probably determined by several factors we are yet to see.
BernkastleNov 1, 2013 11:28 AM
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Nov 1, 2013 7:25 AM

Aug 2010
Mitsuki Nase by a long shot. A real pity she isn't the female lead, she makes a far more interesting character than Mirai.
Nov 1, 2013 7:34 AM

Aug 2008
Ayaka forever and ever.
Nov 1, 2013 11:10 AM

May 2013
Mirai because she's cute and I can identify with how much she eats and how cute she is.

Red_Keys said:
Mitsuki is just your generic "ice queen" pervert-saying high-and-mighty bitch. She's Senjogahara without the likability.

Constantly bringing herself up in vain and narcissistic ways saying "it's your goal to confess to me at the end of the school year", and then at the same time degrading the guy by calling him a pervert.

Think of it this way. She's that guy at the bar. The guy who's full of himself. He walks up to you, and says "hey baby, I know you want to go home with me tonight" in that condescending and arrogant tone. And then when you deny his generous offer accusation, you're a perverted bitch, and he never wanted you anyway. Slut.

Yup. Talk about a likable character. Eugh.

I'd say my favorite character is Akihito, but that's just because he hasn't been an asshole to anybody, and his actions aren't contradictory. At least, he's the only memorable and important character with those qualities. Although, his stupid glasses rants are fucking retarded, and really feel like they don't fit at all.

It says you were born in 1994 on your profile. You've never been to a bar except in the stories you write on fanfiction.net.

Mitsuki is cute, she only says those things to him to entertain herself because it's her job to watch him and jobs are boring as fuck.
Nov 1, 2013 11:28 AM

Sep 2012
sherlock5545 said:
And then when you deny his generous offer accusation, you're a perverted bitch, and he never wanted you anyway. Slut.

I see you think very highly of people based on superficial details. First, her "advances" aren't effectively so. Rather, it's more like teasing Akihito. We've also got the idea that they've known each other for quite long, so they are indeed quite close to be so "open" with each other if you consider the way the interact.
Except the "teasing" only goes one way. Akihito explicitly stated that no, they are not friends. It's not about being open, it's about asserting her authority by demeaning him.

sherlock5545 said:
Also, nothing of what she does can deem her as a "slut", since she obviously isn't after anyone. The only slight interest she might have is Akihito, and that's probably more related to their growing relationship and not to anything sentimental as of yet.
You misunderstood. I didn't call her a slut. That whole paragraph was me mocking her by comparing her to "that guy at the bar". "Slut" is what the guy calls the girl he hits on when she turns him down. "Pervert" is what Mitsuki calls Akihito when she's finished telling him how desirable she is, and how much he apparently wants her.

sherlock5545 said:
Mitsuki's behaviour is probably determined by several factors we are yet to see.
I'd hope so. But as of now, that's not the case. And even when we do get her sad sob story background, she's still an over done generic character.

bunnypersona said:
It says you were born in 1994 on your profile. You've never been to a bar except in the stories you write on fanfiction.net.
It says you were born in 1992 on your profile, but your post makes it seem like being born in 2000 was more likely.

It was an exaggerated comparison to highlight her douchebag behavior. Thank you for missing the point.

Fanfiction, what?

bunnypersona said:
Mitsuki is cute, she only says those things to him to entertain herself because it's her job to watch him and jobs are boring as fuck.
That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I work at a vet. Better abuse the animals on my spare time, because fuck, I'm bored. Get real.

Also, your reasoning for choosing your favorite character is "she's cute". Yea, I'll be sure to take your opinion with a grain of salt.
Nov 1, 2013 11:32 AM

Feb 2013
You misunderstood. I didn't call her a slut. That whole paragraph was me mocking her by comparing her to "that guy at the bar". "Slut" is what the guy calls the girl he hits on when she turns him down. "Pervert" is what Mitsuki calls Akihito when she's finished telling him how desirable she is, and how much he apparently wants her.

Fair enough. Yeah, I misunderstood that paragraph, pardon. It was strangely put together, though.
Nov 1, 2013 7:57 PM

Nov 2012
Damn I am torn between Mirai and Akihito. Yes I hope it's not a crime to love Akihito. Despite his fetish, he is cool :D
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Nov 1, 2013 9:53 PM

May 2013
WorldInverse said:
Damn I am torn between Mirai and Akihito. Yes I hope it's not a crime to love Akihito. Despite his fetish, he is cool :D

Don't worry. It's good you like him.
Nov 1, 2013 9:55 PM

May 2013
Red_Keys
Except the "teasing" only goes one way. Akihito explicitly stated that no, they are not friends. It's not about being open, it's about asserting her authority by demeaning him.

Yes. But slowly you surely understand that Mitsuki has feelings for Akihito. To me, Mitsuki was the most developed character in this anime, even though she is cold on the outside. Mitsuki, deep inside she respects Akihito.

It's ok if you disagree with me. I am fine with it.
mercury1980Nov 1, 2013 10:01 PM
Nov 1, 2013 9:58 PM
Nov 2013
I have read the bullet points and i completely agree with you. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Your article shows tells me you must have a lot of background in this topic.
Some writers make it difficult to understand the point they’re trying to get across. You, the other hand have made your points clear, concise and interesting.
Nov 2, 2013 9:17 AM

Jun 2012
WorldInverse said:

^this

- I only draw freestyle! -
Nov 2, 2013 5:25 PM

Jul 2012
I love how the black haired siblings are dominating this poll! As expected. :P As for me, Hiroomi was my most anticipated character before this show started airing and is currently the main reason why I'm still watching it.

Konpeitou said:
hiroomi.... because... his voice actor......

Also, he's hot and funny.
Nov 2, 2013 5:34 PM

Sep 2012
People are really saying Hiroomi? It's not that I don't like him.. but he's had like 3 minutes of total screen time. He's just not that memorable (yet). The only thing he's done is give Akihito a cute nick name and put his hands on his hips. Oh, and he has a sister complex. That's new and interesting.

I haven't seen the latest episode though..

mercury1980 said:
Yes. But slowly you surely understand that Mitsuki has feelings for Akihito. To me, Mitsuki was the most developed character in this anime, even though she is cold on the outside. Mitsuki, deep inside she respects Akihito.

Did you read the novel or something? Because otherwise, she's not developed at all so far.

The only "development" she's had relating to her potential feelings for Akihito (which we all know are there), was that one scene where she was on her bed looking all depressed and hugged her pillow.

Which, ironically, just makes her even more generic and predictable.
Nov 2, 2013 5:39 PM

Jul 2012
Red_Keys said:
People are really saying Hiroomi? It's not that I don't like him.. but he's had like 3 minutes of total screen time. He's just not that memorable (yet). The only thing he's done is give Akihito a cute nick name and put his hands on his hips. Oh, and he has a sister complex. That's new and interesting.

I wouldn't say he's on par with any of my favourite characters from other shows this season, but he's my favourite in THIS show. Mirai is still a moeblob / semi-tsundere to me right now and Akihito's ehhhhh. Mitsuki's so-so but too stuck-up for my liking. The rest of the characters make no impression on me.
Nov 2, 2013 9:27 PM

Dec 2012
Ayaka is not receiving any love, this shitty taste in characters infuriates me.
Nov 2, 2013 9:42 PM

Dec 2012
tsudecimo said:

Ayaka is definitely my favorite! I gained alot more respect for Mitsuki after the recent episode though.
Please, dream some good dreams for me, Lloyd.

Nov 3, 2013 2:05 AM

May 2013
Red_Keys said:

I haven't seen the latest episode though..

mercury1980 said:

Did you read the novel or something? Because otherwise, she's not developed at all so far.

The only "development" she's had relating to her potential feelings for Akihito (which we all know are there), was that one scene where she was on her bed looking all depressed and hugged her pillow.

Which, ironically, just makes her even more generic and predictable.

I don't read manga. So I wouldn't know but I am talking about the anime.

I know from the start when Mitsuki told AKihito not to go near Mirai is because she is concerned about what might happen to him. Just like a mother concerned for her son or daughter. Mitsuki's development starts to kick in. I know you might disagree with me but its fine.

Reminder: Don't discuss the light novel in this discussion. This is an anime discussion.
mercury1980Nov 3, 2013 3:31 AM
Nov 3, 2013 2:06 AM

Jan 2009
Izumi Nase i bet she is one of the later enemies but i like her look
Nov 3, 2013 2:29 AM

May 2013
tsudecimo said:

I also like Ayaka too! Don't worry I also like her but too bad she's a secondary character.
Nov 3, 2013 5:50 AM

May 2010
I can't believe Mitsuki has most fans here and yet she is favorited among the main 4 in her character profile, no offense to her lovers as I like her too. My favs are Hiroomi and Mirai though.
Nov 3, 2013 5:55 AM

Sep 2012
mercury1980 said:
I don't read manga. So I wouldn't know but I am talking about the anime.

I know from the start when Mitsuki told AKihito not to go near Mirai is because she is concerned about what might happen to him. Just like a mother concerned for her son or daughter. Mitsuki's development starts to kick in. I know you might disagree with me but its fine.

Reminder: Don't discuss the light novel in this discussion. This is an anime discussion.
I don't think you know what "development" means.

She said that more likely because she knows he's a fucking monster, and also because Mirai is a wildcard. If I were assigned to keep track of a dangerous dog at work, I wouldn't let it associate with other animals either.

Also, nobody is discussing the novels. I asked if you have read the novels, because you said "Mitsuki was the most developed character in this anime". Past tense, as if it already happened. And you said it with confidence as if you had already witnessed her entire character development and story arc.

I now understand you're pretty much talking out of your ass though, and I don't think you actually understood much of what I wrote.

rodacNov 3, 2013 10:08 PM
Nov 3, 2013 6:38 AM

Apr 2012
I didnt remember a single one of this characters by their name except Mirai and Akihito. Had to look up the rest of them. Should tell a lot about how good I find them.
Personally i like yayoi kanbara most. Cause she had the least screen time yet was the most entertaining.
The characters are definetly the weakest point of this anime. They should just focus on the story and battles instead of showcasing the characters even more.
Nov 3, 2013 6:40 AM

Dec 2012
Please add "none of them" as an option.
I like anime.
Nov 3, 2013 6:45 AM

Apr 2012
Pat_To_Do-List said:

Damn ive already voted I would have gone with this one.
Nov 3, 2013 7:23 AM

May 2013
Pat_To_Do-List said:

I have already added "None of the Above". You may go check it out.
Nov 3, 2013 7:38 AM

Dec 2012
mercury1980 said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:

I have already added "None of the Above". You may go check it out.

Thank you.
I like anime.
Nov 3, 2013 7:53 AM

May 2013
TragicRomance said:
I can't believe Mitsuki has most fans here and yet she is favorited among the main 4 in her character profile, no offense to her lovers as I like her too. My favs are Hiroomi and Mirai though.

Don't worry. I also like Hiroomi and Mirai.
Nov 3, 2013 7:58 AM

Aug 2012
Mirai. I just can't hate clumsy, glasses wearing girls.
Nov 3, 2013 8:10 AM

Nov 2008
Dude, Scottish fold Ai chan any day.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Nov 3, 2013 8:44 AM

Oct 2011
I think all the characters are great. Did not like Mirai before but she's slowly growing on me, now that her "poor me, I'm alone, go away" attitude is finally over.

My favorite is by far Hiroomi. Yes, he barely got any screen-time, yet he's left a great impression. He's funny, handsome and not annoying.
Nov 3, 2013 8:55 AM

Apr 2012
Erzaa said:
I think all the characters are great. Did not like Mirai before but she's slowly growing on me, now that her "poor me, I'm alone, go away" attitude is finally over.

My favorite is by far Hiroomi. Yes, he barely got any screen-time, yet he's left a great impression. He's funny, handsome and not annoying.

Which cant be said for at least half the cast, os that is something.
Nov 3, 2013 11:12 AM

Dec 2008
AYAKA IS THE NEW YUUKO-SAN!!!!
Nov 3, 2013 4:08 PM

May 2013

First of all, Mitsuki has changed. That's what I saw inside her. Deep inside, she cares of him. Maybe you haven't seen it. But never mind.

rodacNov 3, 2013 9:46 PM
Nov 3, 2013 4:36 PM

Aug 2011
Hiroomi, Akkey a close second. ;D
Nov 3, 2013 4:49 PM
Aug 2011
Hiroomi is my favorite one now, he's sassy and I can't help but love that.
Nov 3, 2013 4:58 PM

Aug 2011
Okay, look. Character development isn't a religion where you can have different beliefs, mindsets, etcetc, it's a word and has a set definition. There is no 'opinion' of what character development is. And I don't think Red_Key's is trying to force his ideas on you, he's trying to tell you what the word means. No one is telling you that you can't have Mitsuki as your favourite character.

In terms of character development with Mitsuki, I haven't seen her subject to change so far at all, if not very little (the most recent episode).

Well I mean, I'm on the fence about Mitsuki's character. I did like her better in the most recent episode, and I do see her potential to develop, but I don't see that she's developed yet. There was a very minor development at the end of the episode, when she actually asked Hiroomi to do something for her, despite the fact that Spirit World Warriors are supposed to be alone, and I suppose you could say that Mirai was a catalyst to that change, but Mitsuki still has ways to go.

Mod Edit: Two posts combined after double-post created by removal of derailing comments.
rodacNov 3, 2013 9:50 PM
Nov 3, 2013 5:34 PM

May 2013
]

By the way, I also like Hiroomi. I now need to clear my head on what happened.
rodacNov 3, 2013 9:50 PM
Nov 3, 2013 6:11 PM

Sep 2012
Your "point", and I quote word for word, is "Mitsuki was the most developed character in this anime".

That statement is false. Mitsuki has not shown any significant amount of development. The most developed character would be Mirai, seeing as she's the only one who's really changed at all from the beginning.

"I saw her character develop deep inside". No, you didn't. Unless you have some sort of magical future-prediction abilities, that statement makes no sense.

I said that Akihito does not feel that he and Mitsuki are friends, and therefore her "teasing" isn't some good-natured bout between friends, but more of a one-sided display of disrespect and dominance assertion on Mitsuki's part. That is where this argument originally started....

I used an actual, factual, line of dialogue as the basis for my conclusion. Mirai tells Akihito that he doesn't know what it's like to be completely alone because he has friends. He responds by saying "you're wrong, they aren't my friends". That is not something to argue, that is not an opinion. It actually happened. It is actual dialogue. It is exactly how he feels about his relationship with Mitsuki. It is irrefutable.

You then responded by saying, "But slowly you surely understand that Mitsuki has feelings for Akihito. To me, Mitsuki was the most developed character in this anime, even though she is cold on the outside. Mitsuki, deep inside she respects Akihito."

You have no basis for your argument. You used the term "character development" incorrectly. And it wouldn't have made any sense if you had used it correctly anyway. Your "interpretation" isn't based on anything. "She has respect for him"? What? Where did she display "respect" for him? When she subtly threatened to bite his dick off? When she called him a pervert for the 12th time?

You can't just make shit up, and then say "it's my interpretation respect my opinion its my way of thinking". No. That is not how analyzing literature works. That is not how anything works. You're deluding yourself with believing "it's my opinion" to be some sort of impenetrable barrier of logic.

No. You are wrong.

Mod Edit: I've edited out of this post the quotes and comments here which were derailers or likely to be derailers. What's left is, I think, the essence of the poster's critique of earlier statements.

rodacNov 3, 2013 9:59 PM
Nov 3, 2013 6:43 PM

Apr 2012
... Same with mercury he does know the definition, he just has noticed other things then you. Reading a character or personality isnt something everyone has the same ability into. He saw development in her (which I did too in the last episode about the last 5 min), you did not. And instead of arguing why you didnt see development in her you say he doesnt know the word character development. But he does.
Characters are perceived differently as is their development. The blue I see might not be the same blue you see. Why cant you accept that he saw development even if it was just a tiny bit? Why do you have to force your opinion on him that there was no development?

Mod edit: I've edited out quotes from derailing comments that I've deleted and tried to keep the essence of the poster's response to a previous point.
rodacNov 3, 2013 10:05 PM
Nov 3, 2013 7:22 PM

Jun 2012
Mitsuki xD

, though they are all great characters ^^especially Hiroomi.

Nov 3, 2013 7:30 PM

Jan 2011
Topic reopened. I've cleaned out a lot of derailing comments and back and forth between two users. Try and keep this civil and remember this is a poll about favorite characters so you aren't really going to persuade anyone to change their preference.
rodacNov 3, 2013 10:18 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 4, 2013 1:12 AM

Jul 2011
Konpeitou said:
hiroomi.... because... his voice actor......

Yes. Thiiisss.
Tumblr: Gigglepud
My one rec for anyone who likes good storytelling: Play Zero Escape/Ai the Somnium Files
Nov 5, 2013 11:22 AM

Dec 2010
Ayaka. I just have a thing for Kansai-ben.
Nov 5, 2013 1:42 PM

Aug 2010
Hiroomi Nase. He's one of the main reasons why I watch and like the show.
Nov 8, 2013 10:34 AM

Feb 2013
Red_Keys said:

I used an actual, factual, line of dialogue as the basis for my conclusion. Mirai tells Akihito that he doesn't know what it's like to be completely alone because he has friends. He responds by saying "you're wrong, they aren't my friends". That is not something to argue, that is not an opinion. It actually happened. It is actual dialogue. It is exactly how he feels about his relationship with Mitsuki. It is irrefutable.

Yes, we all know how almost all the characters like him say the same at first. It's quite a clear refusal to "admit" that indeed he has friends. Their relationship isn't developed yet but the more time passes, the more Akihito is getting used to the people around him. That is character development by his side.

As for Mirai, what has changed? Until just recently she was stubborn and did not understand that it's useless to act like a victim forever. Her real change is around episode 4/5 when she realises she's not completely alone anymore. Why is that? Because she starts believing Akihito, Mitsuki, Hiromi, Ayaka and the others as more than simple acquaintances. She's not treated as a monster anymore.

Episode 5 just clearly shows they aren't just acquaintances living on their own. All of them are clearly getting much closer.
Nov 9, 2013 7:00 AM

Jun 2013
Hiroomi Nase, because he's fabulous .. and the armpit part wins me everytime. yay!
Nov 9, 2013 7:08 AM

Aug 2008
Where is Sweet Potato?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

338 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

537 by fnafjeremy »»
Jan 12, 9:02 AM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

448 by ds87 »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.