Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 31, 2013 7:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Decent episode. Manaka is shy as usual. I feel Aiki's loneliness this episode after what happened. Dat tears~ I feel a bit for those kids now too. Ah love hurts.
Oct 31, 2013 8:38 AM

Jul 2013
I really liked that gitare ost, so heartbreaking
Oct 31, 2013 9:03 AM

Nov 2009
"Dolicon" LOL

So Akari might leave Shioshishio?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2013 9:05 AM

May 2013
I liked this episode. Akari just has to stay true to her feelings.
Oct 31, 2013 9:07 AM

Jul 2012
Didn't like this episode as much as the previous ones. The melodrama was too forced this episode. Miuna acted too emo most of the time, even as far to jump into an ocean. I thought that she was a bit more level headed and intelligent based on the flashback from episode 4, when she ignored the kids that ostracized her in school. Also, wayyy too much crying from Akari. Glad to see the love triangle develop a bit more and how Miuna's situation related to Hikari's just a bit.
Oct 31, 2013 9:20 AM

Aug 2010
I thought this was a good ep. Didn't expect all that drama this early in the show though.

At least the Akari thing is mostly resolved now. She was really cute showing her true feelings after taking off the adult facade. Her crying in Miuna laps was touching and funny at the same time hehe.

Also lol'd when she said Hikari dumped me XD...Was she actually serious about the Wincest? Even telling her Boyfriend about it XDXDXD

Hikari is really growing on me. His development has been astounding so far. Loved the part he was hugging Miuna in the water and talking about Loving and being hurt. U could feel how he was trying to be mature hehe.

Lol at the Dolicon XD

Didn't expect Manaka to find out about Chisaki's feelings this early either. And Tsumugu was right in the middle of it lol.
Poor Chisaki though :(...She's too cute <3
Oct 31, 2013 9:30 AM

Jan 2008
Is it me or does it feel that Hikari might fall for Chisaki eventually? I felt that in this episode but I hope I'm wrong as I don't want them together. I prefer Hikari/Manaka. I could see Manaka doing something to help Chisaki but I wonder how it will turn out. I'm still hoping Manaka will develop feelings for Hikari but for now, I think she's into Tsumugu and there's a chance he might return her feelings.
Oct 31, 2013 9:43 AM
Oct 2012
HatsumiShinogu said:
Is it me or does it feel that Hikari might fall for Chisaki eventually? I felt that in this episode but I hope I'm wrong as I don't want them together. I prefer Hikari/Manaka. I could see Manaka doing something to help Chisaki but I wonder how it will turn out. I'm still hoping Manaka will develop feelings for Hikari but for now, I think she's into Tsumugu and there's a chance he might return her feelings.

Chisaki x Hikari and Manaka x Tsumugu has been heavily foreshadowed by the "important meeting" and gray-hair friend's words about Hikari going to Chisaki if he ever loses Manaka.

I think Manaka knowing about Chisaki's feelings is a really big hit to Manaka x Hikari. I don't see Manaka being able to go after Hikari at all knowing this due to her personality.
comonadOct 31, 2013 9:54 AM
Oct 31, 2013 10:09 AM

Apr 2013
Wow, the animation in this episode was absolutely amazing. The OST was also nice and fit the episode very well.

Really liked this episode. Sure there was a bunch of crying, but learning about the whole situation with Miuna's mom was pretty sad. The scene with Hikari relating to Miuna in the water was great. Glad that Akari and Miuna could make up in the end.

I'm anxious to see how things will turn out now that Manaka knows that Chisaki likes Hikari. Even more drama on the way :3
Oct 31, 2013 10:09 AM

Aug 2010
HatsumiShinogu said:
Is it me or does it feel that Hikari might fall for Chisaki eventually? I felt that in this episode but I hope I'm wrong as I don't want them together.

I actually hope that's what'll happen. Well we don't know how Kaname will get involved in this love square though. He might make it complicated soon.
Oct 31, 2013 10:21 AM

Oct 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Didn't expect Manaka to find out about Chisaki's feelings this early either. And Tsumugu was right in the middle of it lol.

Yeah, me, too. Early pace for this this.

I thought papa was cool when he said Akari decides her life for herself.

Somehow,seems going in the direction that Hikari will fall for another girl instead.
Oct 31, 2013 10:29 AM

Aug 2010
What a great episode :D, happy things ended well for Akari and Miuna. This episode definitely elevated Nagi no Asukara to me with some very heartwarming scene, I thought this series would be a messy drawn out love pentagon affair but so far its proven to be a great coming of age story with lessons about dealing with one's emotions and their effects on others.

Full blog post.
EMChampNov 2, 2013 10:23 AM
Oct 31, 2013 10:37 AM

May 2013
Great episode :)

5/5
Oct 31, 2013 10:42 AM

Dec 2012
Meh. I don't know if it's good for the show to put that much emphasis on tears and half-assed feels this early. I mean this is supposed to be something original and refreshing, right ? I kinda was expecting something different.
With that being said I did enjoy the episode, not as much as the others though.
Oct 31, 2013 10:45 AM

Aug 2012
Im starting to feel more and more for Chisaki.
Oct 31, 2013 10:52 AM

Nov 2008
Holy crap, this anime is just amazing in every way.
Oct 31, 2013 11:01 AM

May 2013
Mmmmm mixed feelings on this episode, trying to throw emotions so early in the show is a really risky move, yeah decent episode they tried to force feelings imo they should have developed the story a bit more before throwing all this feelings at the same time =/
Oct 31, 2013 11:03 AM

May 2013
Barion-Zara said:
HatsumiShinogu said:
Is it me or does it feel that Hikari might fall for Chisaki eventually? I felt that in this episode but I hope I'm wrong as I don't want them together.

I actually hope that's what'll happen. Well we don't know how Kaname will get involved in this love square though. He might make it complicated soon.

So far Chisaki > Manaka
Oct 31, 2013 11:25 AM
Dec 2012
Dramatic episode. Even melodramatic and melancholic at times. Felt AnoHana vibe. But unlike romance in AnoHana, their romance was multi-layered with family ties. It was nice to see character development of Miuna as well as Hikari this time. He accidentally came to realize something important when he saved Miuna. Also nice to see Akari confessing her true feelings. Just hope the marine god will approve their marriage. Seems like Akari lives next door to Uroko-sama. Her dad went to and came back from Uroko's in 40 seconds. It was quick.

The art was impressive as always. The scene of shooting stars was stunning. The creator went further with dramatic effects even in the visual. I chuckled when Miuna shed tears under water.
Oct 31, 2013 11:38 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
eminagnam said:
Dramatic episode. Even melodramatic and melancholic at times. Felt AnoHana vibe. But unlike romance in AnoHana, their romance was multi-layered with family ties. It was nice to see character development of Miuna as well as Hikari this time. He accidentally came to realize something important when he saved Miuna.

It was definitely a little melodramatic, but still not at the level of AnoHana, although it's to be expected by Okada Mari. I like the way it was handled though, the melodrama was mostly with Akari and Miuna, but like you said, Hikari also learned something from this. Not only that, but he helped out with Miuna's conflicted feelings, it was great the way that both of them mutually helped each other through their problems. I shed a few tears when Miuna wanted to swim but she couldn't, but then it was beautiful how Hikari swam above her and reached out his hand. The visuals is just too perfect.

Aside from that, I really like the sea slug motif, it's cute how they call someone they're telling a secret to a sea slug, if that makes any sense. But wow, didn't expect Manaka to find out about Chisaki's feelings for Hikari.
Oct 31, 2013 11:40 AM

Nov 2010
Love storm
Haha, Manaka stepping on the foot twice
Miuna's part was really strong with Hikari
Oct 31, 2013 12:29 PM

Jun 2013
Manaka knows it all , lol. Lovepenta.

That scene when Miuna tells the truth why she hated Akari and his father to be together was oooh ~.

" If you don't love someone , it won't be painful. " (Hikari:1845)

Anyway , great episode. You have my eyes on the top 3 of fall , Nagi no Asukara.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Oct 31, 2013 12:35 PM

Mar 2009
I wonder if Manaka hearing about Chisaki's feelings will help her realize her own for Hikari. It seemed like she didn't like the reality of it at all. I'm still rooting for Manaka x Hikari and Kaname x Chisaki (not sure what'll happen with Tsumugu), since in the latter pair, Kaname seems to really look out for Chisaki. Manaka has a pretty ugly personality though.
Oct 31, 2013 12:37 PM

Jul 2013
Great and touching episode !!! <3
Oct 31, 2013 12:44 PM
Oct 2010
LOL Dolicon.

- No Miuna, that's the guy from Rozen Maiden. XD

The drama gets even higher... I hope they don't overdo it.

Anyway, I still can't get used to the "hihihihi" in the ending, otherwise the song is nice enough... *sigh*
Leio said:
So Akari might leave Shioshishio?
More like she WILL leave Shioshishio.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 31, 2013 1:05 PM

Feb 2008
this is going o be a slow treck to episode 26
Oct 31, 2013 1:12 PM

Oct 2010
I really, really hope Kaname doesn't get involved in any of the romance in this show. I really like his character as the quiet, observant and impartial one.
Oct 31, 2013 1:56 PM

Aug 2010
Madara31 said:
I really, really hope Kaname doesn't get involved in any of the romance in this show. I really like his character as the quiet, observant and impartial one.

Me too. I really hope that. His character is the best so far because he's only observing and giving advice so if he joins in then...
Oct 31, 2013 2:08 PM
Jul 2018
Barion-Zara said:
Madara31 said:

Me too. I really hope that. His character is the best so far because he's only observing and giving advice so if he joins in then...

Me three. I will guess that it will end Hikari x Manaka. I think Tsugumu x Chisaki would be nice too.
Oct 31, 2013 2:17 PM

Jul 2012
GlaringDream said:
Barion-Zara said:
Madara31 said:

Me three. I will guess that it will end Hikari x Manaka. I think Tsugumu x Chisaki would be nice too.

I was hoping for some Chisaki x Kaname originally but it seems that it'll get messy if that happens.
Oct 31, 2013 2:24 PM

Oct 2013
Dolicon! haha
Great episode :)

Oct 31, 2013 3:31 PM

Oct 2013
mayukachan said:
GlaringDream said:
Barion-Zara said:
Madara31 said:

I was hoping for some Chisaki x Kaname originally but it seems that it'll get messy if that happens.

I believe he's the strongest of the characters in the show, based on what I've seen from him. Honestly he's probably the one in the most pain. He knows how everyone feels, he knows how he feels, yet holds himself back to keep what they have as friends from falling apart. Sorry for the long post.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Oct 31, 2013 3:42 PM

Jul 2010
Im liking Chisaki more and more.Actually to the point that i hope she will end up with Hikari...but then again, what about Kaname ;_;
Oct 31, 2013 3:52 PM

Aug 2009
okay hikari is the coolest of them all
Oct 31, 2013 4:08 PM

Mar 2013
Akari is annoying as hell christ she is an awful character.
Oct 31, 2013 4:33 PM

Jul 2012
This episode was filled so much emotions it is not even funny, but this episode was really heart felt in all. I love it.

Great episode!!!
Oct 31, 2013 4:44 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode! I think I'm liking Chisaki more too :l
Oct 31, 2013 5:18 PM

Mar 2012
Why do I have a feel to buy ticket to go board on Miuna ship?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 31, 2013 5:19 PM

Jul 2010
This episode was my least favorite so far and it was a little too melodramatic for me, but I'm glad the conflict between Akari and Miuna was wrapped up nicely.
Oct 31, 2013 5:33 PM

Dec 2009
I tried summing up my feelings about this show: http://i.minus.com/it6nYuGHuzL3J.png

I'm not sure if I like it or not yet.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Oct 31, 2013 6:46 PM

May 2012
05:29 lol

09:40 Miuna u stpdiot

Dat heavy drama.
8/10
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 31, 2013 7:35 PM
Apr 2012
Went ahead and made a chart about the love pentagram of doom.

http://i.imgur.com/OtVIxhC.png
Oct 31, 2013 7:47 PM

Feb 2013
http://i.imgur.com/dAzYHjL.gif he touched the lolibutt

Manaka still a slut. Loli still best girl
Oct 31, 2013 7:55 PM

Nov 2009
Miuna's route unlocked, fk yeah \m/
She's still the best girl so far that I like. Those other childhood friends are boring.
good episode, with all the drama. BGM fits quite well though ;_;
Oct 31, 2013 8:00 PM

Mar 2013
Crying a river.
Oct 31, 2013 8:07 PM

Oct 2011
Barion-Zara said:
HatsumiShinogu said:

I wouldn't mind if he does end up with Chisaki, to be honest. It would be like AnoHana in the sense that the protagonist ends up with the secondary heroine, rather than the primary one. Besides, if Manaka starts to develop more feelings for Tsumugu as the series progresses, I think there's a good chance she will end up with him. That being said, I kinda feel bad for Kaname since it's obvious he has feelings for Chisaki, and seeing how the other pairings are very likely to happen, there's a good chance he might end up alone.

Oct 31, 2013 8:46 PM

Jul 2013
so many feels...so many that its getting to the point of becoming annoying..
Oct 31, 2013 8:58 PM

Aug 2013
GlaringDream said:
Barion-Zara said:
Madara31 said:

Me four. But we all know there's going to be some sort of character development arc for him, I just hope it's not something like joining in the lovepenta :/
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 31, 2013 9:36 PM

Jul 2013
Damn so much drama in this, PA Works sure knows how to make their series into an emotional impact drama show. Also so much love complications right now...

And Chisaki blurt out that she likes Hikari which gets complicated for herself and Manaka. Kind of emotional when Miuna talks about her mother in the past and kind of hard of Akari will be her new mother. Though things will work out in the end.

Oct 31, 2013 9:49 PM

Feb 2012
Wow. This episode suddenly piqued my interest considering what happened previously with the last two episodes which was pretty meh. Good Job on making this one a lovely and thoroughly well decided episode. Looks like it skyrocketed to a few places up my list for the fall season along with Golden Time, KyouKai No Kanata, Strike The Blood, Unbreakable Machine Doll, Tokyo Ravens and White Album 2.

If this show keeps up this kind of pacing and atmosphere, it may end up like Ano Hana in my books and might consider it as one of the best series this year.

I really get some Ano Hana/Ano Natsu Vibe in this show.
Altaria-chanOct 31, 2013 9:55 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.