Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2013 7:38 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That was a really rushed ending, a confession then it's over. I wanted more... TT^TT
Oct 30, 2013 8:34 PM

Jul 2012
I felt it was rushed too. Rather, I don't like the ending at all. I get it wants to stay with the gender-bender theme, but during these last few chapters, i sort of felt it diverged from its original plot- to earn enough money in order to buy back the gender-switching potion. I honestly don't know how i feel about the manga at this point, especially with how things turned out. I enjoyed it but i don't like the ending..
Oct 30, 2013 9:00 PM

Mar 2012
I liked the direction it was going but that was more of an introduction than an ending.

I guess the magazine in the end alluded to them remaining model and manager, meaning he accepted her feelings and they are together.

However, I prefer more conclusive ending such as "I love you too" or something and an epilogue of everyone happy in the future (2 years or something)

well, just my two cents. I was going to give this a 10 cuz I liked the manager so much but this ending is -1 so 9/10... hopefully an epilogue... though I doubt it
Oct 31, 2013 2:56 AM

Feb 2008
Hey please give us a epilogue chapter?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 31, 2013 4:07 AM

Feb 2007
A rather disappointing non-end...
Oct 31, 2013 5:58 PM

Apr 2012
This is End? is so quickly
Hope there is a Epilogue, i curious what happen after that :(

Oct 31, 2013 9:57 PM

Dec 2012
This definitely felt like a rushed ending! Wouldn't say it was a bad ending but was hoping for more.

Epilogue? :3
Oct 31, 2013 11:40 PM

Feb 2011
wth seriously that ending was so ambiguous
Nov 4, 2013 7:53 PM

Mar 2012
Its a decent end, to my favorite Gender Bender. I think the last few chapters were a bit more rushed than they should of been, but it just comes with the niche genre with many getting cancelled, and consequently rush to finish or in some cases no ending at all.
Nov 15, 2013 9:13 AM

Jul 2012
I really want an epilogue or something... it's too rush and it feels so incomplete.. Anyway this is a great manga for a light read :)
Jan 7, 2014 8:15 AM

Jun 2012
Yeah, the ending wasn't decisive. I just want to know if he accepted or not. The magazine at the end means that Chinami ended up staying an idol, but does that mean their together or not?
Jan 7, 2014 6:10 PM
Sep 2010
This was such a rushed and disappointing end...and that's just toning down my feelings...
The way this ended, it actually felt more like the manager was a player and only with her becuase he likes her, not loves her like Chinami loves him. The manga didn't really get a lot of room to show his side, and mostly onesided on Chinami.

I'm guessing the author was forced to finish this quickly and abruptly.
Apr 16, 2014 3:19 AM
Jan 2013
The big kiss literally made me say out loud and I quote

"I don't give a f*ck!"

Because seriously this is one of the series of manga/anime's I've seen that ship a relationship the entire way then try to justify a curve-ball at the end.

To me it just feels like the author just gave a really shallow ass reason for Chinami to LOVE Oguri.

Are they together at the end? I don't know, and I don't really care. There's another Gender Swap manga out that's still publishing that lets you know that the guy-turned-girl is falling for a guy but this story here, it went from "Am I conscious of him?" to "Whoa I Love Him!" and the girl he liked that liked him(Since they both confessed to each other) gets the non-existent shaft.

Here I am enjoying the damn manga and then the last few chapters I could see the author spitting on everything that happened prior to the last 2 chapters. You could argue that feelings for Oguri were growing, but it was also continuously being stated that he loved his sempai too(name escapes me at the moment.)

How I really feel?

Feels like the author was given a deadline to wrap up for a finale so they flipped a coin and decided who Chinami was going to be with based on that alone. Even then they botched it and didn't give a conclusive ending...to me that kiss didn't mean a damn thing.

And if what I read was labled right and 15.5 (The Valentine Chapter) was what came after the last chapter. To do a 8 page short for something DURING the course of events instead of an epilogue...what a complete slap in the face to me as a reader.

Son...I am Mother F*cking Disappoint.
Jun 6, 2014 9:11 PM

Nov 2011
chyel416 said:
I really want an epilogue or something... it's too rush and it feels so incomplete..
Jun 8, 2014 2:29 AM

Feb 2008
It felt like a generic ending from a shounen romance series that focused on love geometry, and that is definitely not a good thing. Honestly, I never got the impression that he actually loved Yuika in any real way and I hate the whole "I'm a girl now so I'm biologically required to be attracted to guys" thing and the "I only think I'm attracted to girls because I used to be a guy, but when I really think about it, they just don't do it for me anymore" thing. There's no reason for it other than latent homophobia on the part of the author.

The series went on and on about how gender didn't matter, but as soon as the MC was turned into a girl he stopped making any real effort to get together with girls, even the supposed girl of his dream, even after she confessed to him, and instead, focused on having all of his/her romantic flags tripped by the only guy in the series.

Maybe its just because they tried to shove what would normally be 100+ chapters into 15, but I don't feel like this ending was justified/earned. Honestly, it felt like the two of them wound up together strictly because the author wanted them to and not because the characters themselves had any reason to.

Seriously, this could have been so much better.
Aug 5, 2014 12:41 PM

Jan 2009
1. like all ppl said above me... rushed ending

2. disappointed that chinami ended up choosing oguri, who's a shallow bastard that thinks of only outward appearances more than personality.

8/10 overall
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Feb 4, 2016 5:39 PM

Feb 2014
Man... this was horrible....

Annoying
Boring
Cliche
Predictable, and
WTF this ending?

Seriously, what a waste of time.
Aug 7, 2016 11:37 AM

Sep 2014
Seriously It's a Bs ending! It was so rushed they could have fit another arch in! Any whats with the mc's choice of oguri? we never see him as loving chinami at all, and if he did love her shoulda shown his feelings, and no not the time he went with Chinami to the zoo while she was a loli cause that was so plain that tofu is jealous of how it was.

Chinami should have ended up with Yuika, I'm just gonna consider most of chapter 14 from the moment chinami rejected yuika to the end non-cannon and prefer to think that Chinami accepted the confession from yuika rather than oguri who would have had NO CHANCE AT ALL if Chinami had remained a guy!

Gosh It makes me think the publisher or author went "We can't have 2 girls love each other, It's taboo! Let's make her love Oguri so that our audience we think we are targeting can insert themselves into Oguri"
Dec 17, 2017 11:54 PM

Aug 2013
good read
lame ending

I wish there's more :(
Feb 23, 2018 3:33 PM
Jul 2015
Im very happy to see im not the only one that think the mc should have chose Yuika. oguri is really shallow character, and theres not a reall reason for the mc to love him. i feel like the author wanted to ship them together from the start and forced it artificially, by making the mc blush all the time, and making yuika the "best friend".
Jan 31, 2019 6:10 AM

Nov 2014
I really didn't like that ending. We saw Yuika falling in love with him and coming over problem with gender - twice even! But the one who 'wins' is Oguri, who's never shown any romantic interest in Chinami. It felt like author just wanted to throw a twist at reader, but failed miserably.

Outside of that, it was really average manga. Ok-ish art, weak jokes, weak story. Add the ending and it lands at below average for me. 4/10.
Mar 24, 2020 10:32 AM

Nov 2019
Yeah, quite a bit disappointing ending, but overall a good read. I'm sad for Yuika :(
May 5, 2020 10:47 PM

Oct 2018
What? Did it end just like that?

A kiss, and not even a confirmation that they would actually start dating or something?

Now that's disappointing
Jul 30, 2023 4:19 PM

Dec 2009
Original Notes of 2013: (Sounds like a 3-5)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Idol Pretender Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2014

2 by shizuokung »»
Mar 16, 2016 6:00 AM

Poll: » Idol Pretender Chapter 5 Discussion

anime4ronin - Dec 11, 2011

5 by billybob300c »»
Aug 4, 2014 10:45 AM

Poll: » Idol Pretender Chapter 3 Discussion

-Kazu - Sep 15, 2011

4 by billybob300c »»
Aug 4, 2014 2:09 AM

» Idol Pretender Chapter 15.5 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Dec 25, 2013

1 by removed-user »»
Dec 30, 2013 9:33 PM

Poll: » Idol Pretender Chapter 14 Discussion

Andyis - Aug 22, 2013

5 by ElPysCongroo »»
Sep 11, 2013 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.