Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2013 8:36 AM

Apr 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I find the episodes are getting better and better lately. The kogire episode was great, and this episode about azurite was even more exciting. It shed a light on some aspects of Fujita, namely the relationship with his late father and painter Touko. And while doing it, it also reflected on how academism and cliques can lead to hypocrisy and sterility, therefore losing the essence of what is art. "Are painting meant to display colours?" wisely asks Mitamura. And we all know the answer to this question.
Oct 1, 2016 10:43 AM

Nov 2008
Yeah, the episodes are getting better. And this one was very moving. Fujita owned that artist and got revenge for his father.
Dec 19, 2018 2:15 PM

Feb 2016
I have to admit, the start of the episode was quite non-engaging, on the hunt of azurite.

But still I think this may be my favourite standalone episode. The ending was simply sublime and Mitamura's subtle concise explanation of art as a treasure to humanity was far more deftly achieved than that episode where Fujita 'showed' that foreign director about the beauty of Japanese painting, over the top imo.

Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Nov 20, 2021 8:07 AM

Feb 2020
Great episode, definitely one of the top 10 episode of this show. Some powerful dialogue, but villan didn't have as much as depth as episode 28 (first art don episode) one
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Sep 11, 2023 8:55 AM

Dec 2022
Fujita seems to have emulated his father in a lot of ways, even being ostracised by other artists.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gallery Fake Episode 4 Discussion

pacuuuuu3 - Jul 19, 2010

7 by _kukiyomenai »»
Apr 1, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Gallery Fake Episode 1 Discussion

pacuuuuu3 - Jul 7, 2010

14 by Stormy_77 »»
Mar 17, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Gallery Fake Episode 3 Discussion

pacuuuuu3 - Jul 14, 2010

8 by _kukiyomenai »»
Feb 29, 4:43 AM

Poll: » Gallery Fake Episode 2 Discussion

pacuuuuu3 - Jul 9, 2010

11 by _kukiyomenai »»
Feb 29, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Gallery Fake Episode 37 Discussion

Confucius - Feb 18, 2014

8 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 11, 2023 1:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.