Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2013 8:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Torn into pieces :(
Oct 29, 2013 8:56 AM

Oct 2013
Yes, yes very sad.. yeah I did cry.. and yet all I can think about right now is the boy thinking "Mamura could it be that you like me...?" with a cute little blush XD
Oct 29, 2013 9:03 AM

Mar 2012
'I do...' OH NO PLEASE WHY I CAN'T HANDLE IT ITS JUST TOO UGH :(
Oct 29, 2013 9:05 AM

Oct 2011
Hm.. too bad that this is like the standard way of dealing with this kind of theme. Until now I thought of HnR as rather unique but if by any chance Suzume is going to fall for Mamura now after 47 chapters of Shishio-love then I'm gonna get angry.
Oct 29, 2013 12:18 PM

Jul 2011
RiukixD said:
Hm.. too bad that this is like the standard way of dealing with this kind of theme. Until now I thought of HnR as rather unique but if by any chance Suzume is going to fall for Mamura now after 47 chapters of Shishio-love then I'm gonna get angry.

She won't! XD
This is what I see happening: Suzume will be devastated, even if she handles the situation well, she won't go back to the way she was, after all.. She really loves Sensei. Mamura will see that, and will back away. Maybe he will even help them get back together... ( It's quite cliche really. But at this point it doesn't bother me at all ).

[ I'm sorry about any grammar mistake I might have committed ]
KarolAngeelOct 29, 2013 12:24 PM
(...) Tem beijo que parece mordida,
Tem mordida que parece carinho,
Tem carinho que parece briga,
Briga que aparece pra trazer sorriso...
Oct 29, 2013 12:29 PM

Jan 2012
woah... that was cray... like wow.... wow....... wow.

I thought, from the earlier chapter, that Sensei was going to take responsibility and hold onto her because of the way he clenched his fist, but NO!! He did NOT!! That took me by surprise. I respect Mamura for going after sensei but I kinda wanted him to be by Chun-chun's side. I guess he really does see her more as a friend now (aww that sucks).

I very much like the mangaka's attention to details regarding time, like sensei's hair growing longer and Mamura growing taller. I think that's pretty cool to keep that in mind. (Or perhaps it has some symbolic meaning??)

And what does she mean she's going to see her mom? I'm sorry, but I honestly do not remember anything about her parents. They moved to another town or something right? I really like Chun-chun's friend, she's really nice even though she's a bit of a meanie ^_^
Oct 29, 2013 12:33 PM

Jan 2012
KarolAngeel said:
RiukixD said:

She won't! XD
This is what I see happening: Suzume will be devastated, even if she handles the situation well, she won't go back to the way she was, after all.. She really loves Sensei. Mamura will see that, and will back away. Maybe he will even help them get back together... ( It's quite cliche really. But at this point it doesn't bother me at all ).

Yeah, to be honest, it feels like a kdrama now where they fight and then they get back together. The thing is, they broke off because he lied which is making her misunderstand his feelings (usually during a misunderstanding, they eventually confess their true feelings and the misunderstanding couple eventually becomes the actual couple). If anything, we might get to explore Mamura more to understand him better, or maybe the mangaka will tease the audience a bit and let us hope (for those in favor of) that Mamura and Chun-chun will get together, but I honestly don't think that they actually will be together by the end of the manga. It seems to be that Mamura thinks of Chun-chun as more of a friend that he values very much instead of a love interest at this moment. (Which makes me sad because I actually very much ship Chun-chun and Mamura)
Oct 29, 2013 12:34 PM

Jan 2012
_Iris_ said:
Yes, yes very sad.. yeah I did cry.. and yet all I can think about right now is the boy thinking "Mamura could it be that you like me...?" with a cute little blush XD

YES HAHA That was so cute~!!!
Oct 29, 2013 12:57 PM

Jul 2011
FiflyAnimeLover said:
KarolAngeel said:
RiukixD said:

She won't! XD

Yeah, to be honest, it feels like a kdrama now where they fight and then they get back together. The thing is, they broke off because he lied which is making her misunderstand his feelings (usually during a misunderstanding, they eventually confess their true feelings and the misunderstanding couple eventually becomes the actual couple). If anything, we might get to explore Mamura more to understand him better, or maybe the mangaka will tease the audience a bit and let us hope (for those in favor of) that Mamura and Chun-chun will get together, but I honestly don't think that they actually will be together by the end of the manga. It seems to be that Mamura thinks of Chun-chun as more of a friend that he values very much instead of a love interest at this moment. (Which makes me sad because I actually very much ship Chun-chun and Mamura)

I honestly think that Mamura still likes her. And not like a friend... He's really bad at dealing with girls, and though he has it easier with Suzume, I don't think he would know what to do if he were to see her crying in front of him. That's why he sent Yuyuka for Suzume and went after Sensei. I think he just accepted that he lost and is trying to convince himself that he is over her... But now Suzume and Sensei broke up, that will give him hope. The mangaka could explore that situation quite a bit. It could get pretty interesting. XD
(...) Tem beijo que parece mordida,
Tem mordida que parece carinho,
Tem carinho que parece briga,
Briga que aparece pra trazer sorriso...
Oct 29, 2013 12:58 PM

Aug 2009
AHHHHHHHHHHHH

COMPLETELY SCREAMING AND GASPINGGG WHEN HE SAID HE LOVED HER BACK

OH MY GOD WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY </3 Q____Q //TEAR BENDING
Nov 1, 2013 5:07 AM

Apr 2012
Gaahhhhh
I am so done with this manga.
Can't blame Shishio for doing that, I mean, I've sensed something already since that call with the uncle at the inn.

But he should have at least been honest and should not have hurt Chun-chun.
It seems like it took a turn down clicheville.

But oh well, hoping the next chapters won't go downhill. :((

Ugh, sensei x chun-chun!!
Although Mamura and chun-chun can be possible :(

My forum picture is awesome. #sorrynotsorry (tumblr)

Dec 2, 2013 11:25 PM

Sep 2011
I think the uncle getting angry with him like that pushed him where he saw that was the only thing he could do.
Dec 1, 2014 10:09 PM

Jan 2014
Stark700 said:
Torn into pieces :(
Mar 21, 2016 12:10 PM
Feb 2016
My heart broke this chapter...
Jan 27, 2019 12:12 PM

Jun 2015
As sad as it is I think it was the right thing for him to do.
:)
Jun 16, 2021 1:33 AM

Feb 2019
I can't describe how sad I am with how things turned out :(

"I do..."

Now my heart too is torn into pieces :(

A teacher-student relationship is realistically speaking problematic. I'm not saying it's necessarily bad, but I think it's in a grey area. So this was logical, although we know that Shishio isn't some manipulative or coercive person, but there's this disparity between them, a gap. When Suzume said she would leave and follow him, that was the nail in the coffin I think.

But still... it's because we know neither is being manipulated or coerced/is manipulating or coercing that makes this so painful to see... I teared up seeing Suzume crying and Shishio muttering "I do...".

More topics from this board

» Grooming?

smurdles - Feb 5

1 by LucielEsford »»
Feb 5, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Hirunaka no Ryuusei Chapter 78 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

chierii - Nov 4, 2014

132 by senstar »»
Oct 30, 2023 5:39 AM

Poll: » Hirunaka no Ryuusei Chapter 29 Discussion

ImNotLulexiaa - Oct 14, 2013

13 by is_eee »»
Jul 5, 2023 11:51 PM

» Best shojo manga

Nineshiru - May 22, 2023

2 by anudit_05_singh »»
Jun 2, 2023 5:37 AM

Poll: » Hirunaka no Ryuusei Chapter 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

7 by BlazeFireball »»
Jan 5, 2023 12:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.