Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 28, 2013 3:17 PM

Dec 2011
Hey guys wan't sure where to post this so I thought I'd just post this here...

When installing School Days HQ, after swapping to the second disc my installation always freezes on 10409MB. When installing the game on my previous laptop on Windows 7 I had no problems. Has anyone had the same problem as me? And are there any solutions to the problem?

I'm using Windows 8 (That's probably the issue).
Oct 28, 2013 3:20 PM

Aug 2012
Well, I guess that's your problem then!

I dunno; I'd suggest you contact the makers and see if they've got a solution.

Otherwise:
Run in compatibility mode.
Install as admin.
Have both discs in a drive at the same time.
Switch back to Windows 7.
Cross your fingers and hope it installs.
Oct 28, 2013 3:24 PM

Dec 2011
Thanks, I figured out the problem.

I had to change the system locale to English (US) for it to work. An odd solution but hey, a solution none-the-less.
Jan 28, 2014 1:34 PM
Aug 2012
I'm having the same problem, the installation stops at the same point as yours (10409 MB), and I'm also using Windows 8. I changed the system locale to English US like you said you did, but it didn't work for me, the installation continues to stop at the same point. Did you do something else besides changing the system locale for the installation to work?
Jan 29, 2014 8:39 PM

Sep 2011
xXWoLFxChAoSXx said:
School Days......School Days?!

What about it?

YondaimeKira said:
I'm having the same problem, the installation stops at the same point as yours (10409 MB), and I'm also using Windows 8. I changed the system locale to English US like you said you did, but it didn't work for me, the installation continues to stop at the same point. Did you do something else besides changing the system locale for the installation to work?

Most likely the problem is your OS. Some or most games aren't compatible with Windows 8.

Jul 4, 2014 7:29 PM
Aug 2013
Man, I can not believe it! You just need to wait. Here I put in compatibility mode for win vista, but I believe it works without this trick. While I was looking for a solution to this problem, I let the installation run and a few minutes later he simply resumed to finish. I hope this topic helps anyone with the same problem. Bye guys.
Jul 5, 2014 12:45 PM

May 2013
had this problem
I just deleted the file it refused to install and restarted it

It installed and the game runs fine, so far as I know :/

Be careful though
Jul 6, 2014 5:46 AM

Mar 2014
School Days is just flat out a tricky bugger to get running full stop.

To that end I pretty much gave up on it first try and never went back to it.

Jul 20, 2014 6:52 PM
Aug 2013
Hi guys.
I have this game running well in windows 8! Here is what I did:
I installed Windows 7 on a partition on my HD.
I installed the game( where's the game should be installed folder) on windows 8.
So I went on regedit under HKEY_CURRENT_USER> Software>Overflow and exported the file from the registry key for the partition of windows 8.(You just need use the right click in: HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Overflow (on regedit) and click in "export"
So I went to windows 8 and aplyed the register using the file that I had saved and changed the folder in "directories" (on: HKEY_CURRENT_USER> Software> Overflow> Schooldays HQ>Install), to where the win8 indicated that the game was, and that was it!
The game worked perfectly, no more "register version does not match".
So I saved the key and put it in my 4shared account, who does not want to do this whole procedure can download there.
Here's the link: www.4shared.com/rar/8K9STnPrba/Chaves_de_registro_school_days.html
Here are some of the things you need to know: in "directories" (HKEY_CURRENT_USER> Software>Overflow>Schooldays HQ>Install) you put the folder in which you installed the game.
In "version", you put 1.0.0, because I installed the update directly from win7 too, you can also try the installation procedure on windows 8 copying the disk 2 missing files (when the installation freezes), install the update and correct on regedit, but I do not know if this will work.
Here, unfortunately, my old saves were not recognized by the game, I had to start all over again. But for anyone who was not even able to run the game, is a victory. I'm not the computer man, but if you have a problem, send me a reply that I try to help. Hope this helps anyone who is also having trouble installing this game in Windows 8
gleystonbmJul 20, 2014 6:57 PM
Oct 25, 2014 10:30 AM
Jan 2012
Guys, I had the same problem (installation freeze on 104009 MB) and the solution is copy all the archives remaining from CD 2 and paste them on the folder of the game in my HD. Then I imported the key file (thanks gleystonbm) to my pc and the gane worked! If you are very lazy, you can run the game without complete the installation., but you won't have voices, because it is installed after the bug, hehehe.
That's it. Sorry for my grammar errors, I am not a native english speaker.
Jan 14, 2015 7:03 AM

Apr 2014
Same prob with me but all I did was copy the files from where it stopped to the last (overwrite if prompt) and that's it. No key needed for me and it worked. Hope this helps.
Jan 14, 2015 7:09 AM

Nov 2009
I played the game a while ago, I seem to recall having the same problem.

But I remember having to do stuff with the registry and my locale settings. Sure it's easy enough to google.

Game is worth the effort though, especially if there is a particular heroine you prefer and want to see a happy ending. However the best endings are the side heroines though...Otome route <3!!!!
Jul 3, 2015 7:27 PM
Jul 2015
Exact same problem, I'm running 8.1. I just cancelled the frozen install and then opened the contents of CD2 and dragged the pack folder into the pack folder of the uncompleted install and voila worked like a charm.
Oct 11, 2018 8:11 AM

Jan 2012
it's an old topic but if anyone finds this the solution is to click on the loading bar the installation will continue i did it on windows 10 it worked immediately some people reported it taking a few seconds before continuing.

Apr 28, 2019 4:14 PM

Sep 2011
SaitenX said:
it's an old topic but if anyone finds this the solution is to click on the loading bar the installation will continue i did it on windows 10 it worked immediately some people reported it taking a few seconds before continuing.

I cant believe that actually worked... thanks a ton been having this issue for awhile now. (old bump ftw) :D
Apr 20, 2020 7:16 PM
Apr 2020
SaitenX said:

I'll never get those 3 hours back...
May 9, 2020 11:22 AM
Jan 2019
SaitenX said:

That is the most stupid solution... but worked... Really... Thanks Bro.
Jul 6, 2020 9:18 AM
Apr 2020
alright, i was looking for a solution and when i alt+tab to try smth ,it suddently starting working again, i think you just have to wait 5 mins
Oct 1, 2022 7:52 AM
Jan 2022
SaitenX said:

Bogus but as many before stated it worked aftewr clicking on it a view times ... Geez that was irritating as hel.l xD
Apr 30, 2023 10:26 AM

Oct 2013
SaitenX said:
wow I can't believe it worked! thanks a bunch!
Aug 8, 2023 3:51 PM
Aug 2023
Hi everyone, this problem happen to me, 2 times, the first one Was because i got to delete a file that was left behind when i desintall the game, the 2nd time, i Just wait and install itself after click 2 o 3 time the progress bar

More topics from this board

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

29 by Oofmastre9000 »»
4 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3719 by creepylurker »»
4 hours ago

» total games on your steam library

deg - Feb 22

49 by SwordBreaker36 »»
5 hours ago

» What is your favorite Elder Scrolls game?

Ex-Aid - Today

2 by SwordBreaker36 »»
5 hours ago

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games? ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Feb 11

50 by Dumb »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.