Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari Episode 1 Discussion


Aug 5, 2017 1:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2585
Pyxus said:
Aquamirror said:

But if you exclude the movie there's no reason to hate Homura right? XD
Yandere's don't sit well with me though. How would you feel if your God was dragged back to Earth.

I hate Rebellion as well. You can just ignore it ever happened, it doesn't make sense anyway. :P
 
Aug 5, 2017 1:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 921
Aquamirror said:
Pyxus said:
Yandere's don't sit well with me though. How would you feel if your God was dragged back to Earth.

I hate Rebellion as well. You can just ignore it ever happened, it doesn't make sense anyway. :P
Yeah I noticed, I'd like to but I honestly can't, my anger is too great a reminder.
[center][/ccenter]
 
Oct 15, 2017 6:42 PM

Online
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 398
Movie was slightly more enjoyable than the series as the plot was not as predictable. So Madoka's conscience exist as a human while her will remain as a god. GG kyuubey you little sack of shit, if only you hadn't been so greedy and stick to just energy extraction from wraiths.

7 (Good) /10
 
Nov 6, 2017 10:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 185
It's a little late to make a comment....
meh nevermind.....

BEST THING THAT HUMANITY NEVER CREATED, LOVE YOU HOMURA

@Aquamirror I hate u for that sign
 
Nov 26, 2017 9:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 511
I'm not sure how I feel about the ending, apparently there's going to be a "Madoka 4", so idk, I'll get my final conclusions when that one comes out.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
 
Nov 27, 2017 7:00 AM
Yandere yandere

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 159
Mixed feelings. I can see both sides to peoples love/hate for it. I can't decide if what Homura did was for the good of everyone in actually stopping Kyuubey or if it was just selfish. I read that the original creator intended for it to end on the happy note (Ultimate Madoka taking Homura to 'heaven') rather than the twist and that Shaft insisted on it to keep the series going longer. I feel like the story is incomplete so therefor can't judge this properly and that the fourth movie (if it ever happens) should cement my feelings about Rebellion. For now I'm on the fence about the ending and Homura. Mami fav girl.

Edit. A couple of things of note. I remember towards the beginning of the movie Homura saying she respected and wanted to honour Madoka's wish. Remember she also wanted to die as a witch. If she went to 'heaven' she would have been with Madoka anyway instead of having to create a new world. Only benefit I see is stopping any future trouble from Kyuubey. One would say Madoka's wish would take care of that anyway. The flower field conversation where Madoka says she wouldn't want to do anything where she'd be apart from Homura, well in ep 12 after transforming into Ultimate, Madoka says "I'll always be with you", even just in spirit. The more I think about it the more Homura seems to have undermined Madoka's wish and everyone elses.
Modified by SaturnSkye, Nov 27, 2017 7:24 AM
 
Dec 9, 2017 3:39 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 494
That was interesting. It was good.
 
Jan 11, 2018 10:56 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 604
I'm glad we got a satisfactory ending that was happy, I think...
At the start, I thought I was watching an actual alternate reality where no one died and whiches and magic girls teamed up or something.
Then that fight between Hourma and Akemi was perfectly conducted.
After that, I got a bit lost in the narrative and I finally ended up seeing Madoka being absorbed by Akemi.
Heckle was here...
 
Jan 19, 2018 3:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 189
So, basically, they took a mildly intereresting finale, retconned a lot of stuff and undid everything in a way that barely makes sense, only to end in a cliffhanger that doesn't really explain anything about this new world Homura created. What exactly was the point of this movie? Did it mean to be controversial just for the sake of being controversial like EVA 3.0?

I'm not the biggest fan of the original series, but one of the things I liked about it was the fact that it actually had a pretty good closure in the end. The movie doesn't even explain how the hell God-mode Madoka was unaware of all this shit, even though in the last episode of the series she explicitly stated that she's omnipresent and omniscient, to the point that she can even see timelines that are yet to be from her plane of existence.
 
Jan 20, 2018 1:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2585
TurboAutist said:
So, basically, they took a mildly intereresting finale, retconned a lot of stuff and undid everything in a way that barely makes sense, only to end in a cliffhanger that doesn't really explain anything about this new world Homura created. What exactly was the point of this movie? Did it mean to be controversial just for the sake of being controversial like EVA 3.0?

I'm not the biggest fan of the original series, but one of the things I liked about it was the fact that it actually had a pretty good closure in the end. The movie doesn't even explain how the hell God-mode Madoka was unaware of all this shit, even though in the last episode of the series she explicitly stated that she's omnipresent and omniscient, to the point that she can even see timelines that are yet to be from her plane of existence.

Milking the "franchise" with shitty fanservice and merch cashgrab. SHART pressured Urobuchi to do it. I'm astounded at how many people don't get this and praise the whole bullshitness in this movie.
 
Jan 23, 2018 5:33 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 616
SaturnSkye said:
I read that the original creator intended for it to end on the happy note (Ultimate Madoka taking Homura to 'heaven') rather than the twist and that Shaft insisted on it to keep the series going longer.

Aquamirror said:
SHART pressured Urobuchi to do it.

I want to strangle the idiot who spread this rubbish all over the internet.
Stop throwing misinformation around; nobody was forced to do anything.


Not that the quality of a work would change just because of mere intentions, but anyway, make sure you get your facts right.
Modified by AmMar-Sama, Jan 23, 2018 5:48 AM
 
Jan 23, 2018 5:54 AM
Yandere yandere

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 159
AmMar-Sama said:

I want to strangle the idiot who spread this rubbish all over the internet.
Stop throwing misinformation around; nobody was forced to do anything.

Not that the quality of a work would change just because of mere intentions, but anyway, make sure you get your facts right.

Settle down. It's been too long now that I can't remember where I read that but it was a site that did a long indepth analyses of the ending, not on Reddit or somewhere crap. If it's widely spread then where did you read otherwise? This is a forum for discussion btw not the bible.
 
Jan 23, 2018 7:05 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 616
SaturnSkye said:
AmMar-Sama said:

I want to strangle the idiot who spread this rubbish all over the internet.
Stop throwing misinformation around; nobody was forced to do anything.

Not that the quality of a work would change just because of mere intentions, but anyway, make sure you get your facts right.

Settle down. It's been too long now that I can't remember where I read that but it was a site that did a long indepth analyses of the ending, not on Reddit or somewhere crap. If it's widely spread then where did you read otherwise? This is a forum for discussion btw not the bible.

Not sure what you are talking about. I'm totally settled down.
I read way too much PMMM stuff online, so I did come across the rumour in many places. In depth analysis essays, reviews, discussions forums, youtube comments, etc. It's everywhere.

This not being the bible doesn't mean we shouldn't correct misconceptions.
 
Jan 23, 2018 7:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2585
AmMar-Sama said:
SaturnSkye said:
I read that the original creator intended for it to end on the happy note (Ultimate Madoka taking Homura to 'heaven') rather than the twist and that Shaft insisted on it to keep the series going longer.

Aquamirror said:
SHART pressured Urobuchi to do it.

I want to strangle the idiot who spread this rubbish all over the internet.
Stop throwing misinformation around; nobody was forced to do anything.


Not that the quality of a work would change just because of mere intentions, but anyway, make sure you get your facts right.

It's a fact Urobuchi had a very strict view on Sayaka's death, having a very big importance on the plot and her character, even the post-Madoka world needed her to die. OOOOOOOOOOOPPSSSSSSSSSS :rubbing hands sound: It is known the director and some of the staff wanted to keep them alive and mess into his plot to make it more light. SHART loves to milk their shit.

..or he was either a schizophrenic or a greedy sellout himself. Whatever.
Modified by Aquamirror, Jan 23, 2018 8:47 AM
 
Jan 23, 2018 12:11 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 616
Aquamirror said:

It's a fact Urobuchi had a very strict view on Sayaka's death, having a very big importance on the plot and her character, even the post-Madoka world needed her to die. OOOOOOOOOOOPPSSSSSSSSSS :rubbing hands sound:

Yeah, and?
Sayaka is dead in Rebellion too.
Homura clearly fucked up in the end, so "resurrecting" everyone will (obviously) come with a high price. The idea of hope & despain balancing each other is more true now than ever.


Wait a minute, how is this relevant to what I was talking about?

Aquamirror said:

It is known the director and some of the staff wanted to keep them alive and mess into his plot to make it more light. SHART loves to milk their shit.

..or he was either a schizophrenic or a greedy sellout himself. Whatever.

I believe the writer said no when he was told to go easy on Sayaka, though? It's not like the team are manipulating him or anything.
I don't know about the rest of the characters; haven't read anything like that anywhere. Source?

Shitting on Rebellion is fine and all, but I don't like it when people use what the creators 'said' to back up their arguments. That's unproductive. I'd rather focus on the actual thing that we all have in front of us when discussing things.
Modified by AmMar-Sama, Jan 23, 2018 12:23 PM
 
Jan 23, 2018 12:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2585
Well, she isn't dead at all.... Everyone is back alive again. That contradiction leads me to some conclusions that either the author really doesn't know what the fuck is he doing or was just bribed by greed. I respect his position to hold the series the way they are, but everything after that was completely unnecessary. I think it was pretty obvious I wasn't speaking in some objective term, but if you really want a concrete evidence you will probably not find it. That's all I've gathered from my interpretations reading some interviews and general treatment of the staff, you can look at them in different way if you feel so.
Hope and despair are hardly important themes anymore, or their meaning is too far fetched and transformed into a new context that's far too different from their original purpose, I don't think there's any meaningful "balance" that you speak of, anymore.
 
Jan 23, 2018 1:32 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 616
Aquamirror said:
Well, she isn't dead at all.... Everyone is back alive again. That contradiction leads me to some conclusions that either the author really doesn't know what the fuck is he doing or was just bribed by greed. I respect his position to hold the series the way they are, but everything after that was completely unnecessary. I think it was pretty obvious I wasn't speaking in some objective term, but if you really want a concrete evidence you will probably not find it. That's all I've gathered from my interpretations reading some interviews and general treatment of the staff, you can look at them in different way if you feel so.
Hope and despair are hardly important themes anymore, or their meaning is too far fetched and transformed into a new context that's far too different from their original purpose, I don't think there's any meaningful "balance" that you speak of, anymore.

I don't care enough about the creators to go look that up. As I said, they don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. The way I see it isn't going to change because of them anyway.

Maybe. Them being truly 'alive' is debatable, but they were only brought back in the ending (final 20-ish minutes).
Homura's world was portrayed in a dark and creepy tone, so it seems obvious to me that it will have massive problems and won't last for long. That's why hope & despair are important themes that still carry the story even at this point. I see no contradiction here at all.
We weren't shown how exactly the "balancing" will take place, but I don't think that's necessary. You can imagine the rest.


Modified by AmMar-Sama, Jan 23, 2018 1:40 PM
 
Jan 27, 2018 7:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 2027
Rewatched it. Lowering my score from a 7 to a 4.
Modified by Pixel_Vapour, Jan 28, 2018 3:47 AM
 
Jan 31, 2018 7:54 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 1106
Dude who warned me about this, (you know who you are) eased me into this. Just no satisfaction to be had.
 
Feb 6, 2018 12:50 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 207
I dunno what I just watched but it was a waste of my time and shouldn't exist honestly.

Also stop comparing this to End of Evangelion, mentioning this in the same sentence as that should be a crime.
 
Feb 22, 2018 4:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 184
I didn't understand a shit but i will give it a 8/10 cuz mindfuck.
 
Apr 6, 2018 2:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 147
Just as dark and depressing as the original series, a good ending (sort of) to the story. Definitely feeling the same emptiness as the original show after finally finishing this movie :(
 
Apr 9, 2018 4:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 26
That's all? When will be 4th film?
 
Apr 13, 2018 6:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 268
Seriously the ending doesnt make sense to me , homura basically get what she wanted , she can be with madoka but she chose to rip her off from the god mode and recreate the universe in her way , and she is now an enemy
So whats the real purpose ? She isnt even on a good term with madoka there
I read earlier post saying they’re planning sequel but if its indeed its more or less like this movie , homura vs the other mahou shoujo
The action are good , soundtrack are good as well , love it , its just argh.... that ending, hate to see homura become evil now
 
Apr 14, 2018 4:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 73
Exeterna said:
Seriously the ending doesnt make sense to me , homura basically get what she wanted , she can be with madoka but she chose to rip her off from the god mode and recreate the universe in her way , and she is now an enemy
So whats the real purpose ? She isnt even on a good term with madoka there
I read earlier post saying they’re planning sequel but if its indeed its more or less like this movie , homura vs the other mahou shoujo
The action are good , soundtrack are good as well , love it , its just argh.... that ending, hate to see homura become evil now



In the flower scene madoka says that she wouldn´t want to go somewhere where she couldn´t see anyone again, homura realised that she failed again at the end of the series, (rewatch that scene), and if you want you can read the lyrics of the1st ED of the series "Mata ashita" to have a different prespective. In the end Homura just wanted madoka to live a normal life, instead of being a concept, and be with her parents and friends, and like she saiid it doesn´t matter if she has to be the enemy, she will be happy anyway.

You have to think on other point, if she let madoka take her, kyuubey is free to do what he wants to try to control madoka, so in the new world (or the maze homura created) kyuubey is in homura control, although we need the new movie to confirm this.
Modified by CT_BINO, Apr 14, 2018 11:25 AM
 
Nov 3, 2018 2:28 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 37
I enjoy this movie from beginning to the end. I want all 5 main magical girls and Nagisa Momoe survives. Kyubey needs to get punished by Demon Homura. Homura becomes demon because she knows Kyubey will conquer the 'Law of the Cycle' someday, so he can make magical girls transform into witches to collect vast amount of energy. It will also make Madoka Kaname's sacrifice in vain. In short, Kyubey is undoing what Madoka had done in episode 12 in the TV series. Personally, I think Homura becomes a demon is doing what is called 'reduce waste from the source'(廣東話俗稱從源頭減廢). Kyubey is creating magical girls. Next, he waits the girls turn to witches. Then he create more magical girls to fight the witches which create from other magical girls. In short Kyubey is creating magical girls and witches at the same time. Kyubey is like the culprit of producing pollutants and wastes. Homura wants Kyubey to handle the despairs and curses from other magical girls. If Homura does not split Madoka from her goddess form, Kyubey will conquer the 'Law of the Cycle' and undo what Madoka has done in episode 12 in the TV series earlier.

I can show everyone this video as follows:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rebellion - Homura vs Kyubey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0z-edawH9U

I want to date with the girls in Madoka Magica. Homura dropped to the least favorite out of the main 5 magical girls. But that doesn't mean I hate her. Personally I think this movie sucks Kyubey more than Homura. Because all 5 main magical girls and Nagisa figures out about Kyubey's plan. I want Kyubey to suffer the same scenario like Makoto Itou in School Days. Kyubey is my most hated character in Madoka Magica. I want to kill that motherf**ker (I mean Kyubey).

This is my opinion about this movie.
Modified by 3ASV226, Nov 4, 2018 5:18 AM
 
Nov 4, 2018 1:06 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 37
Pixel_Vapour said:
Rewatched it. Lowering my score from a 7 to a 4.

Why? All 5 main magical girls survives, and Kyubey was punished by Demon Homura. Madoka is your favorite character isn't it? She back with her family. I want to hear it. Why there are fans hate the ending of this movie? I love it because I understand the motives of Homura and Kyubey.
Modified by 3ASV226, Nov 4, 2018 1:11 AM
 
Nov 4, 2018 1:49 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 37
Yakuri said:
I actually loved this movie.


Totally agreed with you.
 
Nov 4, 2018 2:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 2027
cheuklun88 said:
Pixel_Vapour said:
Rewatched it. Lowering my score from a 7 to a 4.

Why? All 5 main magical girls survives, and Kyubey was punished by Demon Homura. Madoka is your favorite character isn't it? She back with her family. I want to hear it. Why there are fans hate the ending of this movie? I love it because I understand the motives of Homura and Kyubey.


I just really dislike the ending because it ruins what I thought to be a perfect ending to the main series. I will admit that it does set up a potentially great sequel if they play it right.
 
Nov 4, 2018 5:09 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 37
So, am I the only one who loves Madoka Kaname (she is my favorite character no matter in the TV series and the 'Rebellion' movie) as well as the entire 'Rebellion' movie. I miss Madoka and Sayaka Miki so much after the ending of the TV series. Madoka cries a lot in the TV series. But this movie she does not cry even once. I know Madoka miss her family during the flower scene.

I can show everyone this video as follows:
Madoka Magica Rebellion flowers scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ4V3N3w6WE&t=105s

I can see Madoka Kaname and Sayaka Miki have shown improvements than the TV series. I also loves the transformation sequence in this movie. Which is more dynamic than the TV series. The only main 5 magical girls suck is only Homura Akemi not the others. I love the ending all 5 main magical girls and Nagisa Momoe survives. Kyubey is punished by Demon Homura. Kyubey never cares about humans and he is the worst character and my most hated character in the show. Why there are some people and fans still hate Madoka Kaname even after this movie? Why there are fans hate the ending of this movie? It's not bad in my opinion. The fans or people hate this movie (ending) never understand the motives of Madoka Kaname, Homura Akemi and Kyubey.
Modified by 3ASV226, Nov 5, 2018 2:16 AM
 
Jan 16, 1:15 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 8458
The first half of the movie definitely toyed with my irrational fear of the unknown and made me unnerved by the eerieness of the supposedly ideal situation where all the girls survived and now fight together as friends. The weird cake song was strange and a little disturbing for me for some reason maybe because I expected Charlotte to bite off Mami's cheese head again when they pointed to her. The world didn't feel right as well and the conclusion that this perfect world in theory was actually one of Akemi's creation thanks to Kyuubey capturing her explains it. That gunfight between Akemi and Mami was absolutely gorgeous, an actual animated bona fide beautiful bullet hell ♥

I got the feeling that what Akemi did was kind of the right thing because they're in a world where Mami and Sakura were never killed by witches and Sayaka along with other former witches like Bebe were walking on the earth once again plus Kyubey being punished big time being the cherry on top but what she actually did was disrupt how things should be. Her motives were out of complete selfishness for Madoka's love and instead of accompanying her to Magical Girl Heaven with the others after they went through the trouble of saving her, she ripped the goddess's mortal half and pulled her back into the world against her wishes before being consumed by the emotion of love and mania, turning into the folly of humanity and the idea of evil itself. She had undone her best friend's sacrifice to become the beacon of hope just to be able touch her again, preventing her to come back to do her duty and drawing the ire of those aware of the situation. It looked like the ideal end but I can't tell if it's a good thing or not anymore...








 
Jan 31, 1:18 PM
なのだ

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 4591
Rewatched. That ending was much darker than I remembered. Still loved it. I probably said it somewhere after watching for the first time, but I really hope that if we get some continuation, Homura won't just be the bad guy that has to lose. She deserves better, and "rest now, you have worked hard" that God-Madoka offered her is not the ending she should get. After everything she's been through, such end would feel like giving up imo and I don't believe it could be considered 'happy end' for her.
Homura is a tragic hero and tbh I don't even know how she can get a good ending now, other than full reset to the real world but without Magical Girls and Incubators.
Modified by Yukikaze_sama, Jan 31, 1:23 PM
 
Feb 16, 9:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 3573
OK that was really confusing & messy, I honestly didn't understand half the movie... Well, it was ok I guess.
 
Feb 18, 2:58 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 318
The first movie had pacing issues but it was ok (7/10), the second movie was much better and didn't have pacing issues, pretty good movie overall (8/10), this third movie is... weird..., it wasn't bad, it was actually good and enjoyable but... weird... (7/10).

Homura got pretty selfish in the end but we have to think about this in a different perspective, at this moment Homura fulfilled her wish and it was to have Madoka live a normal life, the rest of the Magical Girls are living a normal life as well.

Also, if Madoka took Homura to heaven or whatever then those little white motherfuckers would keep popping out like rats and would keep trying to mess with the world so those little motherfuckers are a big-ass problem that needs to be dealt with. At this moment Homura is able to deal with them.

I don't think this movie was necessary, instead of solving questions it created more questions and left me with a weird taste in my mouth. I still enjoyed it but it was... weird...
 
Mar 11, 8:50 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 39
xZabuzax said:
The first movie had pacing issues but it was ok (7/10), the second movie was much better and didn't have pacing issues, pretty good movie overall (8/10), this third movie is... weird..., it wasn't bad, it was actually good and enjoyable but... weird... (7/10).

Homura got pretty selfish in the end but we have to think about this in a different perspective, at this moment Homura fulfilled her wish and it was to have Madoka live a normal life, the rest of the Magical Girls are living a normal life as well.

Also, if Madoka took Homura to heaven or whatever then those little white motherfuckers would keep popping out like rats and would keep trying to mess with the world so those little motherfuckers are a big-ass problem that needs to be dealt with. At this moment Homura is able to deal with them.

I don't think this movie was necessary, instead of solving questions it created more questions and left me with a weird taste in my mouth. I still enjoyed it but it was... weird...



Agree with you is was weird and enjoyable but made more questions and now I'm just thinking about life like um did I understand this movie
 
May 1, 10:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 216
Homura's and Madoka's relationship is really complicated, isn't it?..
In the end, do they understand each other much?.. I think that's one of the biggest problems, isn't it?..
Madoka in anime end decides to save world, but hurts Homura, as this is not something Homura wants in the end.. And who knows really - maybe Madoka as god is truly suffering, taking everyone's grief, we don't really know.. Madoka is the type of person to really support Homura in the end.. She says it's going to be alright with her wish in anime, she says so, but also in Rebellion, when she lost her memories, she says that probably she wouldn't be able to hurt Homura, leaving her and everyone, and it would be pain for her to leave everyone.. So maybe Madoka as god is still suffering, we don't really know.. One more point: Madoka says not to keep everything in herself for Homura, not distance herself, but isn't Madoka doing exactly that, being a god?.. Saving everyone, but feeling pain in the end, but not showing it for everyone's sake?..
On the other hand, there is Homura.. Also doing what she believes is best, but what causes Madoka suffering.. If/when Madoka will completely remember herself, it already seems that she truly will be suffering from this.. What she says in her short returning to her god form after Homura hugging her.. That she values stability more than selfish wishes, as Homura asked her.. In her scream before being taken away by Homura, she wasn't feeling too greatest about this act as well, isn't she?.. Though, of course, as Madoka have a vision of great for everyone by her becoming a Godoka, Homura has a vision of great for everyone as well by becoming a Homucifer..
In the end.. I wonder.. If Madoka in her human form spends more time with Homura in her world, will she understand better, what Homura feels, even when she awakens, what she values, being able to live like that and so?.. I think, probably not.. She was in her world kinda before, in Rebellion, but still decided in the end, that saving her is something she wants.. Still, god Madoka, even though she's god - it seems she wouldn't really have a choice and be able to do both things at the same time, it seems?.. Ironically god isn't all mighty, but actually is only able to save magical girls, and also possibly suffer in process..
Homura's world isn't better, though.. It seems like after talk with Madoka she kinda dinstansed herself from everyone and is afraid of what will happen.. Everyone is seen enjoying their lives, but there is no Homura there.. Maybe she wants to think about something, or blames herself, who knows.. Her gasp in the end, but then realizing it's Kyubey, I think, means that she is afraid and unsure, of what happens next.. Even though she's devil, it seems she's afraid of something.. Probably of what happens next, or what are possible interpretations?..
If anyone feels they can support my interpretations, or have different views, please comment, I'd like to try to understand possibilities more..
Though.. I think Madoka and Homura really should talk with each other, instead of fighting.. Though, it seems like their talk after Madoka leaving wasn't enough.. They need to live together as they are for some time.. Though.. Right now it looks like only 2 worlds are accessible.. In one Madoka possibly suffers collecting grief, and in another, Homura suffers of Madoka not being herself, also distancing herself from others, it seems.. Both realities aren't greatest, it seems.. But looks like for them only, if anything.. Others seem to be happy in both worlds.. I wonder, if they can work it out somehow, or we'll have to have at least one casualty.. I really would hope everyone could be happy, except for Kyubey race, fuck them, but we already have bittersweet ends, with both best girls suffering, but world being happy..
 
Jun 23, 8:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 908
after watching the anime (and being quite a bit disappointed at some stuff), i have to say this movie is so much closer to what i was expecting from the anime

ofc some stuff was still strange, but over all this deserves a 10 from me, just from how much better it was compared to the anime

now just waiting for Magia Record anime and game
Some favorite new girls from the Spring season <3 (hard choices, damn it lol) missing: Nona (Chou Kadou), Nezuko (Yaiba), Tohru (Fruits Basket) and more.
 
Top
Pages (20) « First ... « 18 19 [20]