Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 26, 2013 11:40 PM

Jul 2012
...For all your messages telling me to "delete" this topic, sorry, no can do anymore. I'll erase the message since you find it offensive..? (even though it wasn't).
King_MatthewOct 31, 2013 5:12 PM
Oct 26, 2013 11:42 PM

Sep 2012
If it doesn't catch your interest.. why would you even consider watching it?

If romance/comedy/drama isn't your thing, why would you expect to enjoy a show about romance/comedy/drama?
Oct 26, 2013 11:46 PM

Dec 2012
All comes down to your tastes and what it'll mean to you (which no one can know until you complete it).
Oct 26, 2013 11:47 PM

Jun 2008
Personally, I enjoyed Clannad season 1 because I thought it was a good blend of romance, drama, and comedy.

Then Clannad AS happened.....and I lost all my hope in ever trusting another romance drama.

Anyways, if it doesn't look interesting to you, it probably won't.
Oct 26, 2013 11:50 PM

Dec 2012
No it's not good and the first season is just bad. Yeah, the art style and character design is really horrible, generic and ugly, Clannad was one of the few anime that I didn't watch at the beginning because of the art.

If you want romance/comedy/drama then look up these and decide if they interest you:

Itazura na Kiss
Nana ( I can see you giving this a 10/10)
Ano natsu de matteru
Skip Beat
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Oct 26, 2013 11:50 PM

Jan 2013
It's mediocre at best..
Watch Kanon, its better.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Oct 26, 2013 11:52 PM

Jan 2013
tsudecimo said:
No it's not good and the first season is just bad. Yeah, the art style and character design is really horrible, generic and ugly, Clannad was one of the few anime that I didn't watch at the beginning because of the art.

If you want romance/comedy/drama then look up these and decide if they interest you:

Itazura na Kiss
Nana ( I can see you giving this a 10/10)
Ano natsu de matteru
Skip Beat
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Also, Honey and clover....you won't find anything better than this..
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Oct 26, 2013 11:54 PM

Dec 2012
He gave it a 6 so he disagrees with you.
Oct 26, 2013 11:58 PM

Jun 2009
The OP should just watch instead of having people potentially over hype the show or make you go into it expecting it to be horrible. It's always a bad idea to ask questions like this.

Personally, I regard it rather fondly.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 26, 2013 11:59 PM

Nov 2012
it's up to you OP, even if Rom/com/dramas aren't your thing you may end up liking it. Personally I couldn't get through the first season so, I wouldn't know.
Oct 27, 2013 12:05 AM

Oct 2012
OP: Just watch whatever you want to watch. If it doesn't interest you, drop it. Personally, I gave it a 3, and After Story a 4. Tomoyo Chapter got a 6 (one episode). Don't ever presume that just because a lot of people like something, you must be missing out on something. It doesn't work that way.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Oct 27, 2013 12:11 AM
Aug 2011
Then don't watch it. Nobody cares what you think or what you want. If you don't want to watch it, then don't open threads to make people encourage you into watching it. Stop being so hypocrite.
Oct 27, 2013 12:14 AM

Aug 2013
It's really over hyped by newer anime watchers.
Oct 27, 2013 12:32 AM

Jul 2012
Adramelech said:
Then don't watch it. Nobody cares what you think or what you want. If you don't want to watch it, then don't open threads to make people encourage you into watching it. Stop being so hypocrite.

How am I being hypocritical? I don't think you fully understood the question I asked. Yes, I did state my point of views, but I ended it in a question of whether or not I should give it a try, is it a "worthwhile" anime. From the comment which you posted is completely uncalled for. You are bringing too much sass for my taste. If all you're going to do is post rude comment then don't even join a thread.
Oct 27, 2013 12:37 AM
Aug 2011
What is going on is that you cannot even observe and judge your own actions correctly. What you are asking in this thread is for people to convince you into watching it where you say you don't want to. If you honestly didn't want to, you wouldn't want to be convinced to do the opposite.

I understand the hypocricy you exercise on other people but at least be honest with your own self. And shut up with the "oh don pst if u don lk" argument already. I can and actually "want to" voice my opinion, with all the honesty.
AdramelechOct 27, 2013 12:41 AM
Oct 27, 2013 12:49 AM

Aug 2013
Many people likes this Anime -> Doesn't seem interesting to him -> Ask people if he should watch it.

Wat?

Edit: If you don't think it's interesting, don't watch it. Don't come here to have us encourage you to watch something you don't find interesting...
iAmEcchiOct 27, 2013 1:03 AM
"One does not simply say no to a loli with animal ears and tail."

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/iAmEcchi
Oct 27, 2013 2:03 AM

Jul 2013
I still don't know wtf is wrong with Clannad's art style. Its not bad..its just different. Anyway if you ever change your mind Clannad is a must watch.
Jan 16, 2014 8:33 PM
Oct 2013
I really enjoyed and totally recommend episodes 4 through 9 the main character of these episodes is fuku the ghost girl, other then that i gave the rest of the show like a 5
Fear is freedom!
Subjugation is liberation!
Contradiction is truth!
These are the truths of this world!
Surrender to those truths,
you pigs in human in human clothing!

-Satsuki Kiryuin
Jan 16, 2014 8:36 PM

Aug 2013
Yeah, I think it's fucking amazing. It's very emotionally manipulative and powerful. The first season had some very overblown melodrama (same kinda goes with the beginning of AS), but I still loved it.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Feb 3, 2014 5:19 PM

Oct 2012
I can't believe people are so hateful of this show. Even if you don't normally like romcoms it's still a great show. It's the 4th best rated show on this site for a reason (well, the after story is anyway), and it takes a special show to receive consistent ratings of 9 and 10. For me, this show was life-altering (in the best way possible). For you it may not be have that great of an impact, but I think it is a must watch for every person, not just anime fan. If you only ever watch one anime, this should be it IMO.

andrew8535 said:
I really enjoyed and totally recommend episodes 4 through 9 the main character of these episodes is fuku the ghost girl, other then that i gave the rest of the show like a 5

I think you totally missed the point of this show if you only liked the Fuko part of the story.

StillSwingin007 said:
Yeah, I think it's fucking amazing. It's very emotionally manipulative and powerful. The first season had some very overblown melodrama (same kinda goes with the beginning of AS), but I still loved it.

How is it melodramatic? Maybe I missed it, but I didn't notice any melodrama.
Feb 6, 2014 12:48 AM
Oct 2013
andrew8535 said:

Lestat84 said:
I think you totally missed the point of this show if you only liked the Fuko part of the story.

i i probably did. For some reason i was expecting something a little different. I think ill like it more after watching it a second time
Fear is freedom!
Contradiction is truth!

-Satsuki Kiryuin
Feb 7, 2014 3:17 PM

Jan 2014
I remember watching the first few episodes of this show a while ago but can't remember anything from it, and lately have been on a romance anime binge and am thinking about starting it over. It's been so well reviewed and I've read countless of them, so this question might sound pointless for those of you who've seen the show as read reviews.

I'm looking for a worthwhile romance that makes you become invested while also having some comedic points to break up the heaviness. Personally I also despise very whiny main character guy's who are still somehow spoiled yet fail to recognize the fact they are if that makes sense.

I'm terrible at diving into a new anime, and am very meticulous in that regard so any confirmation of it having those simple qualities would be much appreciated!
Feb 7, 2014 7:50 PM
Oct 2013
@Dofy you should watch oreimo http://myanimelist.net/anime/8769/Ore_no_Imouto_ga_Konnani_Kawaii_Wake_ga_Nai it sounds kinda weird but i really liked it. its the first anime i watched and got me hooked to anime
Fear is freedom!
Contradiction is truth!

-Satsuki Kiryuin
Feb 7, 2014 8:02 PM

Jan 2014
I was actually going to start that but never did. I might have to give it a go then but does it have a brother-sister romance going on? I'm not too big on those personally.
Feb 7, 2014 8:05 PM

Oct 2012
If you can endure S1 then S2 will be very rewarding
Feb 7, 2014 8:46 PM
Oct 2013
Dofy said:
I was actually going to start that but never did. I might have to give it a go then but does it have a brother-sister romance going on? I'm not too big on those personally.
its not to big on brother- sister romance i bet youll be able to enjoy it.
lionheart04 said:
If you can endure S1 then S2 will be very rewarding
i dont think i would use the word endure since i thought it was one of the best anime ive seen
Fear is freedom!
Contradiction is truth!

-Satsuki Kiryuin
Feb 7, 2014 8:50 PM
Oct 2013
you should read Simonian's review on oreimos page, he explains it way better then i can
Fear is freedom!
Contradiction is truth!

-Satsuki Kiryuin
Feb 18, 2014 8:40 AM

Nov 2013
Lestat84 said:
It's the 4th best rated show on this site for a reason (well, the after story is anyway), and it takes a special show to receive consistent ratings of 9 and 10.

Most people here rate anime based on enjoyment. If it made them laugh or cry, they'll slap a 10 on it and move on. Don't take the ratings too seriously - they don't mean anything since they're all completely subjective.
Feb 20, 2014 5:31 PM

Sep 2013
-Tien- said:
they don't mean anything since they're all completely subjective.

well that's completely idiotic to believe that the ratings " do not mean ANYTHING "

it gives you a good idea of what is fairly good and what is fairly bad.
from my experience, i can see why people liked an anime or why they didn't. a generally low rated anime (say 5) could give an idea that many people may have had problems with it. I believe ratings have SOME meaning and are still helpful in some way.

i think it's good to read some reviews, see the overall score, but any rating on MAL should be taken with a grain of salt. I'll agree that ratings should not be taken too seriously, but to say that they are meaningless is too harsh.

i can accept that clannad arguably deserves the rating it has received, but i can't bring myself to watch it because of the art style. i want to watch it so i can see and understand the majority consensus of this anime so i can, too, enjoy it and understand how people have felt. this is why i scan the the 8-9's to find something that may be reasonably good. it gives me some material for being someone new to this scene. one day, clannad, one day.

tl;dr Ratings aren't meaningless. You are correct that they shouldn't be taken seriously. Ratings help me and other n00bs. I understand Clannad might be a great romcomdrama thing, but art style puts me off. Maybe ill get to it one day.
wow
Feb 21, 2014 9:28 PM

Nov 2013
MundaneAfro said:
well that's completely idiotic to believe that the ratings " do not mean ANYTHING "

it gives you a good idea of what is fairly good and what is fairly bad.
from my experience, i can see why people liked an anime or why they didn't. a generally low rated anime (say 5) could give an idea that many people may have had problems with it. I believe ratings have SOME meaning and are still helpful in some way.

i think it's good to read some reviews, see the overall score, but any rating on MAL should be taken with a grain of salt. I'll agree that ratings should not be taken too seriously, but to say that they are meaningless is too harsh.

i can accept that clannad arguably deserves the rating it has received, but i can't bring myself to watch it because of the art style. i want to watch it so i can see and understand the majority consensus of this anime so i can, too, enjoy it and understand how people have felt. this is why i scan the the 8-9's to find something that may be reasonably good. it gives me some material for being someone new to this scene. one day, clannad, one day.

tl;dr Ratings aren't meaningless. You are correct that they shouldn't be taken seriously. Ratings help me and other n00bs. I understand Clannad might be a great romcomdrama thing, but art style puts me off. Maybe ill get to it one day.

So in other words, you disagree with my opinion. Oh, and keep in mind that some people may take offense if their opinion is dismissed as "completely idiotic."

Of course ratings are meaningful to some people. Not for me, though. I avoid relying on them when searching for new anime to watch, because while my opinions of certain shows may indeed reflect those of the majority, I find that this is often not the case.

You're going to miss out on many shows that will potentially suit your tastes if you only skim through the ones with a score of 8 or higher. One of my favorite anime doesn't even break the top 1,000 on MAL (for reference, an anime with a score of 8.00 is ranked ~470 at the time of this post). And I consider myself a recent convert to anime as well, so I'm not convinced that time has anything to do with it.

On a more friendly note, just start Clannad now, lol. Better to get it over with than to have it lingering in the back of your mind - unless you're the procrastinating type, I guess. I've already grown accustomed to the characters' massive bug eyes.
Mar 10, 2014 3:09 PM

Oct 2012
Dofy said:

I'm looking for a worthwhile romance that makes you become invested while also having some comedic points to break up the heaviness. Personally I also despise very whiny main character guy's who are still somehow spoiled yet fail to recognize the fact they are if that makes sense.

I totally get where you're coming from. I think Tomoya is one of the few sensible male lead characters in anime. The love that forms between he and
is very natural and organic. Neither character is super-dense and completely fails to acknowledge the other character until the end. In fact, the "official" romance happens in the after story. They both deeply love and care for each other, and no one acts like an idiot about it which is nice. This will more than suit your tastes because Tomoya is quite perceptive and communicative.
Dec 25, 2017 4:34 AM
Sep 2017
Ah Clannad. It was a great anime for what it was and one that will have lasting impact to the viewers that see this. It isn't sad in the way many others are (angel beats, assassination classroom, etc.) but this one leaves more of a depressing sadness. As it stands as a normal anime, its a brilliant slice of life one, but take the whole package into account, and you have a masterpiece.
Dec 25, 2017 11:48 PM

May 2016
Oh course it is duh! Clannad is the best Anime of all time!
Feb 5, 2018 2:00 PM
Nov 2017
Fuk ya baby it is sooooooo god
Mar 29, 2020 8:21 AM
Nov 2017
it's beautiful yet with a sting and many stings at that...but if you can manage the stings it can really show to be a beautiful and wholesome series.
Apr 11, 2020 7:01 AM
Mar 2020
--ALEX-- said:
Personally, I enjoyed Clannad season 1 because I thought it was a good blend of romance, drama, and comedy.

Then Clannad AS happened.....and I lost all my hope in ever trusting another romance drama.

Anyways, if it doesn't look interesting to you, it probably won't.
SHAHAHHAHA, yeah, that ending, I cried
Dec 26, 2021 8:40 AM

Mar 2020
Yeah Clannad is good and is worth at least a try. Even if it's just to watch After Story.

"I wonder if anything will ever change? Will that day ever come?"
- Okazaki, Tomoya
"Nothing can stay unchanged. Fun things… Happy things…
They can’t possibly remain the same."
- Furukawa, Nagisa

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - Oct 5, 2007

273 by D-A-W »»
Apr 19, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Oct 12, 2007

192 by Creepyy »»
Apr 19, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Awesmoe - Mar 28, 2008

349 by EM1LL3US »»
Apr 10, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 13, 2008

145 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 6, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KY791 - Mar 6, 2008

214 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 6, 6:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.