3It was OK
3.2%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.7
220 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 26, 2013 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, now that's music to my ears. I actually kinda admire Touma's skills. Touma: http://i.imgur.com/L8P2DsD.png :3

I'm glad everyone is working well and having fun at it too. I'm rooting for them.
Oct 26, 2013 10:06 AM

Apr 2011
Not with those toothbrushes, they won't.
"I may be liberal arts to the core, but I am capable of thinking logically."
Oct 26, 2013 10:15 AM
Dec 2012
Toma was cool as expected. I wish Kitahara took initiative. Wonder what was written in the notebook. Seemed like it made Toma care about Kitahara more.

Kitahara, Ogiso and Toma remind me of Tsukune, Moka and the inner Moka from Rosario Vampire though there's no obvious romance yet. Wonder which girl he will pick up if they go amatory.
Oct 26, 2013 11:30 AM
Oct 2013
well that was ....... somthing
Oct 26, 2013 12:02 PM

Aug 2010
Embarrassed Kazusa Kawaiii <3...And her moaning after kicking the basket was cute too >_<

Lol'd at Kitahara saying "Don't worry, the bad things that are happening to u are cancelled by the good things happening to me" XD

Setsuna playing with Kitahara's hair and the other members reactions was lol

Kazusa holding her laughter at Kitahara's misfortune since there's no way he can do that Guitar solo was lol XD

Drama incoming nxt ep!!
Oct 26, 2013 12:11 PM

Apr 2012
I am starting to love "さよならのこと" and this episode was as good as the others, maybe even better. I love Kazusa (she became my favourite heroine almost immediately after I started the VN). :)
Dies Irae! :)
Oct 26, 2013 12:13 PM

Aug 2012
The episode was so heartwarming, loved it. Good luck with that guitar solo Kitahara >_>
Oct 26, 2013 12:23 PM

Jul 2010
Kithara with that guitar solo wow!!
Kanbare!!!

ThoSe toothbrushes in the end ,boy what a misunderstanding that will be.
Oct 26, 2013 12:37 PM

Mar 2013
opernlied said:
Not with those toothbrushes, they won't.

LOL
Oct 26, 2013 12:37 PM

Jul 2012
eminagnam said:
Toma was cool as expected. I wish Kitahara took initiative. Wonder what was written in the notebook. Seemed like it made Toma care about Kitahara more.

Kitahara, Ogiso and Toma remind me of Tsukune, Moka and the inner Moka from Rosario Vampire though there's no obvious romance yet. Wonder which girl he will pick up if they go amatory.

hmm kind of, when there's romance between them they will probably be really similar

I didn't understand the part with the toothbrushes
Oct 26, 2013 12:39 PM

Mar 2013
RosyXkid said:
Kithara with that guitar solo wow!!
Kanbare!!!

ThoSe toothbrushes in the end ,boy what a misunderstanding that will be.

haha yea totally, next episode will be a joy!
Oct 26, 2013 12:41 PM

Oct 2007
Man Setsuna is nice, but they're really not making the choice between the two heroines very hard so far. Touma just has it all going on.
Oct 26, 2013 1:47 PM

Aug 2012
Incredible. I was laughing with Touma throughout the time they were listening to the guitar solo. I know how funny it can be when I imagine a beginner being overwhelmed by a song that s/he's going to play. Very cheeky.

This show really knows how to appeal to musicians (well, it worked for me, I guess) even without getting into the technical details, mainly because it can relate through the personal side of playing music.
Oct 26, 2013 1:59 PM

May 2013
Of course Kitahara would leave something behind. Looks like a misunderstanding is about to happen.
Oct 26, 2013 2:29 PM

Jul 2009
Does anyone else feel like there's something missing from these first 4 episodes? I know there's a subtle excitement but it's not enough to make me say "This anime is going somewhere." I can't put my finger on it.
Oct 26, 2013 3:01 PM

Sep 2009
Could someone ask the mods to fix eps number: http://whitealbum2.jp/goods/blu-ray.html
Oct 26, 2013 3:24 PM

Jun 2009
hyperfire said:
'It's okay, the bad things that are happening to you are balanced by the good things happening to me'

lololololol

Yeah, that was amusing to say the least. Good episode.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 26, 2013 3:38 PM

Jul 2013
wait did ogise masterbate in the shower?
Oct 26, 2013 3:47 PM

Jun 2012
Haha that wa a great rebuttal Kitahara
"It's okay Touma, your horrible things are cancelled out by all the wonderful things I've seen"

WA2's writing is so refreshing for me, the buildup for this love triangle hasn't gotten me THIS engaged in a while.
HybridMBLOct 26, 2013 4:31 PM
Oct 26, 2013 4:02 PM

Jul 2011
GGNoodles said:

Bro, i was thinking the EXACT same thing. (She obviously started thinking about Kitahara.)
Oct 26, 2013 4:07 PM

Jun 2009
GGNoodles said:

I'm pretty sure she did, yeah. That, and the touching of his hair at lunch are pretty big indicators she.'s into him. Also, it just makes her more human.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 26, 2013 4:46 PM

Jul 2011
shoujoq said:
Frostbitez said:
GGNoodles said:

Bro, i was thinking the EXACT same thing. (She obviously started thinking about Kitahara.)

Yeah I know right, perish the thought that she was actually washing herself or something. How weird would that be?!

Not sure if im sensing sarcasm here.

But do you really think the author would make that scene of her slowly reaching down to her private area and expect us to believe that she was just washing her self. There are many other simple ways of showing a character washing them selves that isnt so questionable.

I think you need to rewatch that scene. You can clearly see her happy and singing. Then she stops. Starts thinking about something, on lowers her han-

Why am i talking about this -_-
Oct 26, 2013 4:55 PM

Jun 2009
Frostbitez said:
shoujoq said:
Frostbitez said:
GGNoodles said:

Yeah I know right, perish the thought that she was actually washing herself or something. How weird would that be?!

But do you really think the author would make that scene of her slowly reaching down to her private area and expect us to believe that she was just washing her self. There are many other simple ways of showing a character washing them selves that isnt so questionable.

I think you need to rewatch that scene. You can clearly see her happy and singing. Then she stops. Starts thinking about something, on lowers her han-

Yeah, I agree with this. Also, as awkward as it may be to talk about, it's important to do so in order to interpret it correctly.

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 26, 2013 5:30 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah they both love the same guy, so this were love triangle will all start.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 26, 2013 5:41 PM

Mar 2012
I gotta say, WA2 is doing a pretty good job on relationship-building. Normally when there's a love triangle it often either gets watered down to both heroines fawning over the main for no apparent good reason or it becomes blatantly one sided. So far, not only has the pacing been consistent -- we're not seeing any sudden leaps -- but the interactions also feel pretty natural with the subtlety. The script and directing are both superb in this regard, unlike a grand majority of other series out there. It feels like an actual love story.

I can't say whether I look forward to seeing the end of this series though because we know it's not necessarily going to turn out well because of Kitahara's flashbacks from ep. 1.
Oct 26, 2013 5:43 PM

Feb 2013
Kitahara needs to git gud

Man, I love the 'White Album' song. Hopefully a full version gets released soon
Oct 26, 2013 5:46 PM

Nov 2010
The adaptation adaptation kinda bumps up and down and up and down again, but at least the lowest mark is still pretty good.

Bring the next episode here~
Oct 26, 2013 5:48 PM

Mar 2012
therandomestguy said:
I didn't understand the part with the toothbrushes

At one point Kazusa told Kitahara to remove all his stuff from her house. This is so people don't find out about them having lived together. Kitahara went off to brush his teeth and left his stuff there, which Setsuna then saw at the very end. Well, we don't know whether Setsuna knows it's Kitahara's toothbrush but I assume that it'll be cleared up next episode. Maybe she'll simply confirm her suspicions by throwing some innocuous question at Kitahara like "Is this yours?"

Of course, what happens after Setsuna finds out about Kitahara and Kazusa's private training sessions is anyone's guess.
Oct 26, 2013 5:55 PM
Apr 2011
Lucasnub said:
Kitahara needs to git gud

Man, I love the 'White Album' song. Hopefully a full version gets released soon

It is available already as the it is part of the VN's ost. The version is a little different but it is still good.
Oct 26, 2013 5:57 PM

Nov 2009
Man, I just can't stop being in love with the character here. WA2 did a really, really good job in character development. At some point you like the first girl, but now it builds up so good that even the second girl becomes your favorite.
Between Setsuna and Touma, it's freaking hard just to chose the girl you like. I like their personalities and I like them both. I'm happy with whoever Kitahara is going to chose and be with <3.

Anyway, it was a good episode about Touma, didnt know she still has her cute and feminine side. Now more screen time for Setsuna please xD.

Oh and the toothbrush last scene, urgh I already know how this will turn out, my guess is that Kitahara and Touma will love each other, Setsuna will be the one who has one-side love and Kitahara will not return her feelings. But I still can guess what is it going to turn out when she finds out the toothbrush is of Kitahara and the two of them have been practicing privately xD.

Damn, woman's institutions are scary.
Oct 26, 2013 6:05 PM

Apr 2009
Haruki's adherence to dental hygiene will be the end of him.
Oct 26, 2013 6:09 PM

Jan 2011
Touma best girl in my books so far though Ogiso doesn't fall to short

where was that hand reaching to Ogiso-san huh? :)

yeah that toothbrush is gonna lead to some kind of misunderstanding.. you had one job Kitahara! one!
Oct 26, 2013 6:18 PM

Nov 2009
My guess is that the toothbrush will lead to a misunderstanding. Then they clear it but at the same time, it will foreshadow the relationship and development later on.

But with a romance lover like me, its pretty easy to see where is this coming to:

Between Touma and Setsuna, Kitahara will likely chose Touma since she's the cool type who doesn't speak too much. It's the key here since Setsuna is the school idol and being the outgoing type. It means that she will approach Kitahara and show her affection on him. Meanwhile Kitahara finds something interesting in Touma and fall in love with her.

With a passive type like Touma, she avoids people so if Kitahara doesn't chase after her then the story will go no where and it's just a romance between Setsuna and Kitahara.

But the turning point in this ep was that, I'm quite surprised it was Touma who took the initiation first, rather than Kitahara himself. Hmmm.
Oct 26, 2013 7:28 PM

Jul 2009
WOWWWWW. the subtlety of this show... holy fuck.
setsuna geeez... that's a naughty devil behind that angel like personality.
and touma, omg. musician, practices 10hrs a day, hnghhh worth -- what more can i say. best girl of this season.
Oct 26, 2013 7:31 PM

Apr 2012
"Oh Touma! If this Anime didn't have as much drama as I know it will I would have congratulated you about your incoming relationship with Kitahara!~"

But seriously, Touma = favourite character by miles.

And I'm in the same situation as Kitahara. I could learn to play "Sound of destiny'' on my guitar aswell, but in a week!? Poor guy...
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Oct 26, 2013 7:34 PM

Dec 2012
hyperfire said:
'It's okay, the bad things that are happening to you are balanced by the good things happening to me'

lololololol

This made me laugh out loud too.

About the shower scene, I really didn't notice anything odd when I first watched it but...LOL... after reading the comments and looking at it again..
Oct 26, 2013 8:00 PM
Jul 2018
better pacing than previous episodes. I still hope we can move on faster.
Oct 26, 2013 9:15 PM
Jul 2018
babymilo91 said:
Of course Kitahara would leave something behind. Looks like a misunderstanding is about to happen.

Indeed, Indeed...
Oct 26, 2013 9:28 PM

Feb 2009
This show continues to be great and my favourite of the season.

I don't normally laugh at anime, but it was pretty funny hearing that guitar solo knowing Kitahara's skill level.

Touma also continues to be best girl by FAR. Setsuna are you even trying?
Oct 26, 2013 10:41 PM

May 2012
Can someone explain the ending?

Did Ogiso pick up Kitahara's tooth brush kit or something?
Oct 26, 2013 11:57 PM

Apr 2009
ShyGuyFTW said:
Can someone explain the ending?

Did Ogiso pick up Kitahara's tooth brush kit or something?

Ogiso didn't know that Kitahara was staying at Touma's house, so her finding his toothbrush could lead to some... misunderstandings.
Oct 27, 2013 12:11 AM

Sep 2012
'Don's leave anything behind'
*Takes out his toothbrush* Yep
That shower scene scene was... O.O
Oct 27, 2013 3:14 AM
Oct 2013
Good episode, found myself laughing at the towel scene. Going to use that clever response in my future pua repertoire.
Oct 27, 2013 6:49 AM

Nov 2012
Haha, that comeback. So glad Touma's struggling with academics because she's always sleeping, makes a great character, hopefully, the guy will have to tutor her some time. XD

Oct 27, 2013 8:57 AM

Nov 2007
You guys sure are observant of bath scenes lol. But I think you guys do have a point. They did intend to imply something there.

It is so obvious that Setsuna likes Kitahara. Even Touma took a notice, even though she probably liked him from long before Setsuna even met Kitahara, just a hunch.

Overall, a very good episode. The moments where the anime decides to quit for a whole week are pretty damn good. The last time I found a similar romance anime was NANA.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 27, 2013 10:26 AM

Aug 2008
Touma sure is looking for a super-high-spec guy. Kitahara is very cool now, she still want him cooler.

And that toothbrushes. Busted.
Oct 27, 2013 10:38 AM

Aug 2010
Insan3Heisenberg said:
Frostbitez said:
shoujoq said:
Frostbitez said:
GGNoodles said:

Yeah, I agree with this. Also, as awkward as it may be to talk about, it's important to do so in order to interpret it correctly.

It seems like they were tying to imply that she was doing more than just washing herself, for what reason I am not sure there are other ways to show she likes Kitahara. The scene fades to Touma frantically playing the guitar so its pretty clear what Ogiso was doing.

Full thoughts + screencaps on blog
EMChampOct 27, 2013 10:42 PM
Oct 27, 2013 11:51 AM
Sep 2008
Ah the music in this anime is really good, but i'm dropping this series. I have a bad feeling about ending.
firezero10 please check up prv message.
Oct 27, 2013 1:37 PM

May 2012
Touma is a plain badass. I can see why Haruki seems to be very vulnerable around her.

Also, lol @ the focus on the legs.
Oct 27, 2013 1:54 PM

Oct 2011
I love that song. The piano, guitar, and singing is phenomenal. I can't wait to add it my playlist XDD

Who will he choose in the end?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

856 by GingZ »»
Mar 1, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.