Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Log Horizon Episode 4 Discussion


Oct 26, 2013 10:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 926
This really feels more like an MMORPG game by every episode, love it! Cooldowns and cast times~
 
Oct 26, 2013 10:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 473
DenjaX said:
Dude. Thorn Bind Hostage is an OP skill. 15 seconds cooldown? a basic skill even for enchanters.

Imagine having a boss raid dungeon with multiple enchanters. They could exploit the bind by having each enchanter cast it each when bind hostage wears off. 1k damage each hit + cannot move during the bind. Rinse and repeat.


I can already imagine a 5-man dungeon with four enchanters and one archer beat the boss easily. A range because they can seem to perform melee attack even though they are bind.


Demikas talks about how he could have removed the bind easily. Which means Thorn Bind Hostage can be removed, probably by his healers.

Precisely why he and Nyanta must take the precise moment to do a perfect combo to pull it off. Nyanta's has the ability to weaken the enemy, the damage is probably amplified as time goes by. Which is why they need time to let Nyanta fight Demikas.

The Guardian is probably just a distraction to buy them time for the perfect wombo combo.

Pretty Legit.
I'm an Avid Slice of Life fan, if you have any interesting SoL anime/manga to introduce, please do so ^^,

Just your typical Yandere lover :3
 
Oct 26, 2013 10:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 215
DenjaX said:
Dude. Thorn Bind Hostage is an OP skill. 15 seconds cooldown? a basic skill even for enchanters.

Imagine having a boss raid dungeon with multiple enchanters. They could exploit the bind by having each enchanter cast it each when bind hostage wears off. 1k damage each hit + cannot move during the bind. Rinse and repeat.


I can already imagine a 5-man dungeon with four enchanters and one archer beat the boss easily. A range because they can seem to perform melee attack even though they are bind.


Not OP by raid boss standards; if you played WoW you'd know that 5k damage over 15s is minuscule compared to what main damaging classes can do. Heck, even 50k over 15s is minuscule, if you scale the numbers up to WoW's standard

MuFeR said:
I understood what happened in the fight after reading a few posts but I still don't get why he didn't use T.B.H the moment he walked out of the gate and had to stall for so long. Also balance wise this skill is so broken. 15seconds for a 5k burst when most max level players have 7k-9k life and ~13k on tanks. And imagine if u have multiple enchanters chain-casting it.


You didn't consider the rest of Demikas' mates who will definitely join in, then they will be wiped due to sheer numbers. Also, enchanters are probably a rare class seeing that they having zero 1v1 capability -- that makes even levelling hard
Modified by Sigsig, Oct 26, 2013 11:01 AM
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
 
Oct 26, 2013 10:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 547
THIS is what SAO advertised and lacked. The world really does feel like an MMO world, unlike SAO. We have a good focus on the action and the strategy one would see in an MMO as well as a nice focus on guilds, enemies, and players who like to be jackasses.

I agree that Thorn Bind Hostage is OP as hell. Fifteen Seconds for cooldown is too little for something like that. But, it seems like only physical attacks can trigger the 1000HP damage. Still OP, though. Then again, I'm not really an MMO player so I don't know if I have the ability to be correct on that.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
 
Oct 26, 2013 10:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 13497
Pretty good, I like that this is focusing more on strategies than pure strength or level superiority.
 
Oct 26, 2013 11:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 240
Amazing episode!
The final blow by Serara was unexpected.
 
Oct 26, 2013 11:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8509
Furrytales said:
Demikas talks about how he could have removed the bind easily. Which means Thorn Bind Hostage can be removed, probably by his healers.

Precisely why he and Nyanta must take the precise moment to do a perfect combo to pull it off. Nyanta's has the ability to weaken the enemy, the damage is probably amplified as time goes by. Which is why they need time to let Nyanta fight Demikas.

The Guardian is probably just a distraction to buy them time for the perfect wombo combo.

Pretty Legit.
not talking about PVP here. But probably bosses have debuff immunity for same skills after being used like most MMO bosses.

Sigsig said:
Not OP by raid boss standards; if you played WoW you'd know that 5k damage over 15s is minuscule compared to what main damaging classes can do. Heck, even 50k over 15s is minuscule, if you scale the numbers up to WoW's standard
Not talking about the amount of damage only but also how it incap bosses for a duration. You are talking about WoW here. Raid bosses require more people usually. A pro team of many enchanters can beat those boss but it will take some time definitely which is a disadvantage. But it is safe and effective in a way that can be used by a small party in a recommended big party boss fight. Can be a good method if you guys want to split up rares easily.

EDIT: also if we scale it to WoW's standard, 3 enchanters plus one attacker with 1 hit/sec attack speed would potentially yield damage up to 150k in 15 seconds. How? One enchanter use Bind first and attacker let them explode for 5 seconds then second enchanter will use then the third, and first would have his skill finish cooldown to reuse it... The boss would still be caged forever and couldn't even fight back...

Still minuscule? :(
Modified by DenjaX, Oct 26, 2013 11:47 AM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
 
Oct 26, 2013 11:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 5343
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
RedArmyShogun said:
Hmm. I like how this show breaks several molds. Anyone still calling it a SAO clone still is frankly, a moron.
call me childish names all you want, its still a sao clone due to its identical premise, doesnt matter how much better it is, its quality has nothing to do with whether its a clone or not

Even sao had this mmo talk at the start even if it disappeared later, thats why im hoping log horizon keeps it up like it has been

In the same way every harem is a clone of Love Hina? Or how every CGDT show is a clone of azumanga daioh?
- http://rederoin.motionsforum.com -
Anime air dates, BD release dates and Amazon stalker estimates for Anime BDs.
My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
 
Oct 26, 2013 11:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1532
Um, the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon series had this same premise and it came out in 1983. I haven't seen SAO but to call Log Horizon a "clone" is to imply SAO invented this premise, which just isn't true.


In any case, I loved this episode and the battle strategy is clever and always has a point. It's not just there for no reason.
 
Oct 26, 2013 11:53 AM
Punpun Incarnate

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 423
I haven't played hardly any online RPGs before, but I really like all of the strategy involved in this. All of the classes and subclasses give this show a very different edge from anything similar to this that I've seen. The characters (especially Shiroe) are really growing on me, even though I thought they were really boring after the first episode.
 
Oct 26, 2013 11:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 11047
Great episode. Nice focus on the technical.
 
Oct 26, 2013 12:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 26
DenjaX said:
Sigsig said:
Not OP by raid boss standards; if you played WoW you'd know that 5k damage over 15s is minuscule compared to what main damaging classes can do. Heck, even 50k over 15s is minuscule, if you scale the numbers up to WoW's standard
Not talking about the amount of damage only but also how it incap bosses for a duration. You are talking about WoW here. Raid bosses require more people usually. A pro team of many enchanters can beat those boss but it will take some time definitely which is a disadvantage. But it is safe and effective in a way that can be used by a small party in a recommended big party boss fight. Can be a good method if you guys want to split up rares easily.

EDIT: also if we scale it to WoW's standard, 3 enchanters plus one attacker with 1 hit/sec attack speed would potentially yield damage up to 150k in 15 seconds. How? One enchanter use Bind first and attacker let them explode for 5 seconds then second enchanter will use then the third, and first would have his skill finish cooldown to reuse it... The boss would still be caged forever and couldn't even fight back...

Still minuscule? :(


Yes, 150k in 15 seconds is pretty bad when it requires 4 people do said damage. It's been a long time since I played wow, but a single mage could do more damage in the same amount of time.

And thorn bind is probably not as OP as it first seems, it likely has some diminishing returns on the duration or some other limitation we don't know about yet.

EDIT: That said, I'm really enjoying the series, probably my favorite of the season. And henceforth demigas will be known as demiglaze
Modified by Skorch, Oct 26, 2013 12:06 PM
 
Oct 26, 2013 12:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 130
This series is getting really good, I am enjoying the plot alot!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

 
Oct 26, 2013 12:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8509
Skorch said:


Yes, 150k in 15 seconds is pretty bad when it requires 4 people do said damage. It's been a long time since I played wow, but a single mage could do more damage in the same amount of time.

And thorn bind is probably not as OP as it first seems, it likely has some diminishing returns on the duration or some other limitation we don't know about yet.

EDIT: That said, I'm really enjoying the series, probably my favorite of the season. And henceforth demigas will be known as demiglaze
Does that include incapping the boss forever? :( And I am sure the base damage of the attacker is added to the damage. That's why the lvl 90 monk drained his 14k hp even if Shiroe used bind 2 times and he only took 9 hits because there is still one thorn left.

PS: I am Shiroe and I have enchanter alts. That's why I reached lvl 90 without the help of guilds. xDD jk

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
 
Oct 26, 2013 12:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 41
Sigsig said:
MuFeR said:
I understood what happened in the fight after reading a few posts but I still don't get why he didn't use T.B.H the moment he walked out of the gate and had to stall for so long. Also balance wise this skill is so broken. 15seconds for a 5k burst when most max level players have 7k-9k life and ~13k on tanks. And imagine if u have multiple enchanters chain-casting it.


You didn't consider the rest of Demikas' mates who will definitely join in, then they will be wiped due to sheer numbers. Also, enchanters are probably a rare class seeing that they having zero 1v1 capability -- that makes even levelling hard


Since most people they have met doesn't really seem to know what thorn bind hostage does it is probably safe to say that enchanter is a rare class. If that's the case then the game might not be properly balanced around it.

Also it doesn't seem that op to me. Large bosses probably have some form of immunity against being rooted and remember that an enchanter can only root one person at a time. If you have multiple enchanters chaining it in pvp the you would have to have at least as many enchanters as you have enemies to be able to stall them. And then you would need extra people to actually trigger the spell. That would only be op because you had more people than you were fighting.
 
Oct 26, 2013 12:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 26
DenjaX said:
Does that include incapping the boss forever? :( And I am sure the base damage of the attacker is added to the damage. That's why the lvl 90 monk drained his 14k hp even if Shiroe used bind 2 times and he only took 9 hits because there is still one thorn left.


Incapping? Do you mean binding/rooting the target in place? No, I don't think a mage in wow could constantly have a boss bound. A good frost mage in pvp could root a group of players in place, but it would only last maybe 5-15 seconds depending on how good the other player was. But then a frost mage wasn't that strong offensively.

Yes, the 150k doesn't include the damage from the person triggering the vine. Thorn bind might be nice as a bit of bonus/extra damage, but it's no where near enough to be your primary source of damage. And some bosses will likely have some sort of resistance or immunity. And the skill itself would likely have diminishing returns on such an ability.
 
Oct 26, 2013 12:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 19
I enjoy hearing about all the classes, but does Shiroe have any other strategies? Can his strategies/skills develop any further if he is already at max level? Don't wanna see him win every fight with this one trick.
 
Oct 26, 2013 12:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 8562
OMG another epic episode. Nyanta was awesome. Serara dealing the last blow. Amazing. Next wee we find the secret to Elder Tale : 0
 
Oct 26, 2013 12:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 3029
Nyanta was fucking badass. Shirou smart as always.
Also, the fights are more detailed than SAO, that's why I enjoy it a lot more.
It kinda makes me want to play a MMORPG.
 
Oct 26, 2013 12:44 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1554
Nice episode right there!

Hoping next time they'd level up the animation. Not saying the animation was bad, but for action scenes, viewers could use some little sakugas, am-i-rite?


Serara-chan dealt the final blow on the no-brain motherfucker. I like her. c:
Modified by Xinception, Oct 26, 2013 12:51 PM
 
Oct 26, 2013 12:49 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 322
Seems like we have enough MMORPG gamers here to notice the flaw of the skill, since I was going to point out the same thing =)

As long as the foes is able to prevent the player from attacking during bind state, it's as good as doing 0 damage.

---

The healer dealing the finishing blow was hilarious. You can also see some jealousy from Akatsuki from the coordination between Shiroe and his old crew.
 
Oct 26, 2013 1:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 377
Natr1x said:
Sigsig said:
MuFeR said:
I understood what happened in the fight after reading a few posts but I still don't get why he didn't use T.B.H the moment he walked out of the gate and had to stall for so long. Also balance wise this skill is so broken. 15seconds for a 5k burst when most max level players have 7k-9k life and ~13k on tanks. And imagine if u have multiple enchanters chain-casting it.


You didn't consider the rest of Demikas' mates who will definitely join in, then they will be wiped due to sheer numbers. Also, enchanters are probably a rare class seeing that they having zero 1v1 capability -- that makes even levelling hard


Since most people they have met doesn't really seem to know what thorn bind hostage does it is probably safe to say that enchanter is a rare class. If that's the case then the game might not be properly balanced around it.

Also it doesn't seem that op to me. Large bosses probably have some form of immunity against being rooted and remember that an enchanter can only root one person at a time. If you have multiple enchanters chaining it in pvp the you would have to have at least as many enchanters as you have enemies to be able to stall them. And then you would need extra people to actually trigger the spell. That would only be op because you had more people than you were fighting.


Enchanters are most probably the rarest class, for a simple reason: they are really difficult to level due to their lack of strong offensive abilities and low hitpoints in general. What Shiroe demonstrated is that a high level (and skilled) enchanter is every bit as good as a similarly-levelled player of the 11 other classes, just that few have managed that.
 
Oct 26, 2013 1:14 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 322
MagisterArcanum said:

Enchanters are most probably the rarest class, for a simple reason: they are really difficult to level due to their lack of strong offensive abilities and low hitpoints in general. What Shiroe demonstrated is that a high level (and skilled) enchanter is every bit as good as a similarly-levelled player of the 11 other classes, just that few have managed that.


I probably have to say the difficulty of leveling a class is due to class discrimination that exist in all MMORPG to some degree. some are more sever than other, as in getting vote kick out of party because you're not playing a particular class even though it is of the same role.
 
Oct 26, 2013 1:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2046
Shiroe is such a boss
Nice to see his Debauchery Tea party getting together now with Chief Nyanta

The ED song is so familiar is it the same wrtier/artist from Torodora's ED Vanilla salt?
 
Oct 26, 2013 1:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1929
eminagnam said:
The battle scene was nicely done. But I wonder why they didn't call griffins when they were inside the Susukino town. If they had called griffins, they could've flown away safely and wouldn't have been attacked by Brigandia outside the town, no?


I think they explained in Episode 2 that griffins could only be called outside of towns.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
 
Oct 26, 2013 1:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 902
This arc (if it can properly be called that) is pretty underwhelming. This fight really didn't need to take that long, and it featured some standard stereotypical bully, which really isn't adding to the creativity. While it's good to let a series go at its own pace, this is rather slow...so Nyanta better serve up some good information next episode.
 
Oct 26, 2013 1:43 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1693
this is a real VMMORPG, explaining the very important interface of the game not just killing boss monster to become a boss,.

 
Oct 26, 2013 1:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 998
Kvshi said:
hgeronimo said:
Oh my god, SHIROE STOP TOUCHING YOUR GLASSES.
Need more touching glasses!!!!
 
Oct 26, 2013 3:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 963
The power of cats are vast! Grovel before us... nya nya.
 
Oct 26, 2013 3:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 95
DenjaX said:
Dude. Thorn Bind Hostage is an OP skill. 15 seconds cooldown? a basic skill even for enchanters.

Imagine having a boss raid dungeon with multiple enchanters. They could exploit the bind by having each enchanter cast it each when bind hostage wears off. 1k damage each hit + cannot move during the bind. Rinse and repeat.


I can already imagine a 5-man dungeon with four enchanters and one archer beat the boss easily. A range because they can seem to perform melee attack even though they are bind.


Actually, the thorn is just visual effect, people who is bind by thorn can move and cast skill normally, so it's not OP.
 
Oct 26, 2013 3:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 165
loved the action this ep, can't wait to find out what the secret of the game is.
 
Oct 26, 2013 4:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 716
damn that Shiroe is want badass enchanter!
"Listen up… You can pour drinks on me, you can throw food at me… You can even spit on me. I’ll just laugh that stuff off. But… Good reason or not… Nobody hurts a friend of mine!!!"-Shanks
♠♦♣♥~My Anime List!~♥♣♦♠
 
Oct 26, 2013 4:40 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 19
15 minutes or even more of pure fighting in one episode... now that is something you can't see in many series, not to mention all the explanations...

This episode was so good that the end of it camed too fast... we need more episodes like this.
 
Oct 26, 2013 4:45 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 82
Great episode 5/5 , shiroe is a badass , A Great tactician like zhuge liang LOL
But i hope there's some episode where shiroe strategy is failed , beacause if he always win ... Its not fun 😳 U know
 
Oct 26, 2013 5:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5
I really liked the episode. I was really excited to see Nyanta fight again "Delicious". The whole time I was cheering for Nyanta. I just wished there were more explanation to Akatsuki's skills and moves during combat and hopefully Shiroe gets to use more spells other than Thorn Bind Hostage. It's getting slightly old. Other than that, I am looking forward to the next episode!
 
Oct 26, 2013 5:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2021
Synchronizing your cast times with an ally is the best taste you can ever had playing any MMO. Your synergy with your friends just let you to do it. GOOD DAYS


And what, I did understood the roots effects with the explanation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 26, 2013 5:06 PM
Anime Moderator
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 7336
hgeronimo said:
Oh my god, SHIROE STOP TOUCHING YOUR GLASSES.

I found it a little annoying too haha, though it kind of just reminds me of Midorima.

And wow pretty exciting right with all the explanations, though I still didn't understand Akatsuki that much, so good thing someone posted a clearer explanation in this thread. They have such great teamwork. Nyanta is awesome, but his pose is kind of weird.
 
Oct 26, 2013 5:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1276
Ambient_ said:
Talukita said:
Ambient_ said:
I probably wasn't paying attention, but I still don't understand why shiroe had to delay casting the thorns, if double casting was the trick behind it :/

Bursting down someone instantly prevent them from getting healed or time to react to counter and such. If he gets hit by the 1st Thorn Bind Hostage and then knows its mechanic, he will try to break the roots instantly when the 2nd one hit.


No I understood that bit. What I was wondering was why shiroe just stood there for most of the fight, allowing nyanta to get dropped into the red, and forcing naotsugu to use iron castle.

Also, does anyone find it op that thorn bind hostage's active time is as long as it cd? lol. Perma root ftw?

The amount of dmg that the thorns does can increase on how many hits your allies receive from enemies, not the caster himself. :3

 
Oct 26, 2013 5:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2021
MagicFlier said:
Ambient_ said:
Talukita said:
Ambient_ said:
I probably wasn't paying attention, but I still don't understand why shiroe had to delay casting the thorns, if double casting was the trick behind it :/

Bursting down someone instantly prevent them from getting healed or time to react to counter and such. If he gets hit by the 1st Thorn Bind Hostage and then knows its mechanic, he will try to break the roots instantly when the 2nd one hit.


No I understood that bit. What I was wondering was why shiroe just stood there for most of the fight, allowing nyanta to get dropped into the red, and forcing naotsugu to use iron castle.

Also, does anyone find it op that thorn bind hostage's active time is as long as it cd? lol. Perma root ftw?

The amount of dmg that the thorns does can increase on how many hits your allies receive from enemies, not the caster himself. :3


No, it's wrong. The dmg increases on how many hits your allies does in the enemy, with 5k max cap.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 26, 2013 5:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1276
xJapaliicious said:
MagicFlier said:
Ambient_ said:
Talukita said:
Ambient_ said:
I probably wasn't paying attention, but I still don't understand why shiroe had to delay casting the thorns, if double casting was the trick behind it :/

Bursting down someone instantly prevent them from getting healed or time to react to counter and such. If he gets hit by the 1st Thorn Bind Hostage and then knows its mechanic, he will try to break the roots instantly when the 2nd one hit.


No I understood that bit. What I was wondering was why shiroe just stood there for most of the fight, allowing nyanta to get dropped into the red, and forcing naotsugu to use iron castle.

Also, does anyone find it op that thorn bind hostage's active time is as long as it cd? lol. Perma root ftw?

The amount of dmg that the thorns does can increase on how many hits your allies receive from enemies, not the caster himself. :3


No, it's wrong. The dmg increases on how many hits your allies does in the enemy, with 5k max cap.

Reversed, ouch. XD Thank you for the correction!

 
Oct 26, 2013 5:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 8307
best ep so far, cool fight an good teamwork, new character is quite awesome as well... but the villain was lame, hope he wont come back
 
Oct 26, 2013 6:02 PM
Kanade♥

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 9795
Akatsuki is just so kawaii<3
 
Oct 26, 2013 6:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 752
I tried to count how many 'Nya~' could be heard in this episode: ...I gave up, of course.

Nyanta's combat stance is weird in an awesome way. And that thorn spell seems to be used every time... then again, in most MMOs, once you find your particular way of playing it's all rince and repeat from there.

xJapaliicious said:
Synchronizing your cast times with an ally is the best taste you can ever had playing any MMO. Your synergy with your friends just let you to do it. GOOD DAYS

...and then the Lag killed it.
Modified by Aloxamax, Oct 26, 2013 6:20 PM
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
 
Oct 26, 2013 6:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 557
Now that was a sweet fight and its good to see Nyanta fight
 
Oct 26, 2013 6:26 PM

Online
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 18118
This is what the best of Log Horizon. No one is useless and left behind. They have a role that only one of them can fulfill.

"Kickstarter for Rokujouma physical book is live. Click here to participate."

Current status (10/10): All goal cleared
Stretch goal 3 (19/10): $101,516/85,000
 
Oct 26, 2013 6:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 752
xJapaliicious said:

No, it's wrong. The dmg increases on how many hits your allies does in the enemy, with 5k max cap.


Wait a minute. I'm pretty sure that when Thorn Bind Hostage is casted 5 roots wrap themselves around the target and destroying each one will cause 1000 dmg, thus if all 5 are destroyed it amounts to 5000 dmg.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
 
Oct 26, 2013 7:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 26
NeoAnkara said:
This is what the best of Log Horizon. No one is useless and left behind. They have a role that only one of them can fulfill.



Yea, I think it was ep 3, he made fruit flavored tea. For whatever reason, fruits have their normal flavor. So if you cook something with fruit, naturally it should have the flavor of the fruit used.
 
Oct 26, 2013 7:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 176
Its nice to have a Loli Assassin.
 
Oct 26, 2013 7:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8509
Kaiburr said:
Its nice to have a Loli Assassin.
Y'know if she heard that, you'd end up in the Cathedral.

Aloxamax said:
xJapaliicious said:

No, it's wrong. The dmg increases on how many hits your allies does in the enemy, with 5k max cap.


Wait a minute. I'm pretty sure that when Thorn Bind Hostage is casted 5 roots wrap themselves around the target and destroying each one will cause 1000 dmg, thus if all 5 are destroyed it amounts to 5000 dmg.
I thought the same too. Think Japalicious interpreted it wrong. xDD

Apparently that skill actually hinders base damage from dps if that is casted. So i think Thorn Bind Hostage is less of an OP. The visuals only made it look so OP.
Modified by DenjaX, Oct 26, 2013 7:38 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
 
Oct 26, 2013 8:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 299
This has become my number one series to wait for each week. Love it.
 
Top
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »