Forum Settings
Forums

Third Season of Anime 'Sora no Otoshimono' Replaced by a Second Movie Due 2014

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 30, 2013 5:51 PM

Aug 2012
Alright guys... I'm with you, it's disappointed that they are taking S3 and making a movie instead. But, it's been a while since anything related to the series has come out. It was like a year ago when the first movie was released, so look at the bright side, we get to see more Heaven's Lost Property, even if it is only 1h 30m.
Oct 30, 2013 11:54 PM

Aug 2012
DoomTheWiseWolf said:
Alright guys... I'm with you, it's disappointed that they are taking S3 and making a movie instead. But, it's been a while since anything related to the series has come out. It was like a year ago when the first movie was released, so look at the bright side, we get to see more Heaven's Lost Property, even if it is only 1h 30m.

ONLY!?
Oct 31, 2013 11:38 AM

Aug 2012
Asteris said:
DoomTheWiseWolf said:

ONLY!?

Yeah, compared to a 5-6 hour season.
Nov 1, 2013 11:55 AM
Oct 2012
what the hell are they thinking? they have enought suport to remake the first and second season so it fits the manga. i don't mind if they do that but to make us wait years for a 3rd season only to get a short movie is crap.
Nov 2, 2013 4:21 PM
Aug 2013
I hate to see just a movie out instead of a season but I will take what I can get before they drop it altogether. We all know this will happen eventually as with all the rest due to the facts of how they are rated financially. Everyone could run out and buy up all the stuff pertaining to ot and still not get a third season. It's sad but true, I would love another season though.
Nov 2, 2013 6:48 PM
Jan 2013
Kinda happy and kinda disappointed..
Now i don't have to wait a week between each episode, and instead are able to watch the whole thing in a go.
Nov 3, 2013 10:04 AM
Aug 2013
will there still be a season 3 after the movie?
Nov 4, 2013 2:20 AM

Aug 2013
This is........ disappointing.
I don't know how they'll make that movie turn out to be. *sigh*
The previous movie left a bad impression for me.. guess I won't watch with much expectations this time.
Nov 4, 2013 5:35 AM
Nov 2013
i think this movie about melan arc more or less and then season 3 ganna be last season of this showT_T

I"ve not even be fans this anime for a month but already got why u people like it so much.
Nov 4, 2013 10:33 PM

Dec 2012
Well this ruined my day.
As long as its not like the first movie.
Nov 5, 2013 3:35 PM
Aug 2013
This is rather depressing as what everyone said. But I'm looking forward to a good second movie, and hopefully will tie in or reference the first movie. The first one really gave me a lot of feels, and I found it to be amazing. Look sharp gentlemen/women!
Nov 5, 2013 10:39 PM

Mar 2012
I have no words for this news other than that I'm fucking mad.

Fuck you, AIC. If this turns out anything like "The Angeloid of Clockwork", I will not be happy.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Nov 6, 2013 1:33 AM

Jun 2013
There's no need to get all frustrated over this news. Look at the bright side, at least you're getting something. Be positive and hope the movie turns out to be great :-)
Nov 6, 2013 5:38 PM

Mar 2012
1234567890abc said:
There's no need to get all frustrated over this news. Look at the bright side, at least you're getting something. Be positive and hope the movie turns out to be great :-)
No, fuck you.
I was told I'd be getting a third season so I expected a third season, not a 90-minute summary.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Nov 9, 2013 11:22 PM
Oct 2013
So are they going to make a season 3 or 4 after the movie? or not?
Nov 10, 2013 8:16 AM
Nov 2013
i want to see ikaros smile.. :)
Nov 10, 2013 11:12 AM

Aug 2011
Just start the series Friday, watched both seasons and now looking to take on the movie.

I did all that in anticipation for the 3rd season and now your telling me that there's not gonna be a 3rd season???

Well, I don't regret watching the series thou.
Nov 10, 2013 2:47 PM

Sep 2011
GarLogan78 said:
That is disappointing.

But apparently the manga has gone through a major tonal shift, so maybe a 13 episode SOL comedy series wouldn't work anymore?[/quote
]The manga goes through constant Tonal shifts between 3 month-periods.

I haven't been up to date with the manga for over 6 month though... But still, this is complete BULLSHIT after teasing me for so long. Next time, time for a complete season
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Nov 10, 2013 5:50 PM

May 2013
Well...a movie is nice I guess as long as it's not all flash back/recap scenes for most of it. The main problem I guess is the mystery of what they are going to animate considering how non-canonical/different the anime is compared to the manga.

This is my guess but maybe they will

This could effectively make the anime somehow cannon and increase the suffering of chaos, thus paving way for a true third season. Either way though, I'm looking forward to this movie just to see if it stays with the comedy or goes full suffering.
Nov 10, 2013 5:54 PM
Sep 2013
GarLogan78 said:
That is disappointing.

But apparently the manga has gone through a major tonal shift, so maybe a 13 episode SOL comedy series wouldn't work anymore?

You're right about the manga! Serious shit is going down and I highly recommend to go and read it.
Although it hasn't been publishing for 2 months and I'm starting to get desperate since there was a gigantic cliffhanger in the August chapter
The end is nigh

Nov 10, 2013 6:53 PM
Dec 2012
Does anyone know how far the manga has moved on compared to the second season though? Cause I feel like the first two seasons were super comedy based and the manga has become rather dramatic. Maybe the producing company (forgot which one it was) didn't want to take the risk of making a high budget anime season and receiving disappointing results...?
Nov 10, 2013 7:38 PM

Jan 2011
Sageater said:
Cause I feel like the first two seasons were super comedy based and the manga has become rather dramatic. Maybe the producing company (forgot which one it was) didn't want to take the risk of making a high budget anime season and receiving disappointing results...?

That actually makes a lot of sense. If people liked/bought the first 2 seasons for the comedy then there is a high risk involved adapting a entire season of something different.
[center]
Nov 10, 2013 7:50 PM
Jul 2013
Dissapointed to the maximum.
Nov 10, 2013 8:06 PM

Dec 2011
They probably realized that they needlessly screwed up the story adapted from the manga and didn't have the ability to make up a good enough story for season 3 themselves. Real amateur move.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2013 11:00 PM

Aug 2012
I've been waiting since the announcement back in 2012, this is a HUGE disappointment. I've also been checking weekly for any news since they've hardly said anything since the announcement, and now they reveal that season 3 is abandoned....for some reason I don't have a good feeling about this movie either.
Nov 11, 2013 11:39 AM

Nov 2013
ahh well
having a movie is better than having nothing.
I hope they're atleast gonna make the third season after the movie.

Nov 12, 2013 10:18 AM
Jul 2018
umm? whyyyy.... no series.. T_T
Nov 14, 2013 11:58 AM
Nov 2013
Is the movie a continuation or a side story from the main story? haha I was hoping for a series..really love the characters.
Nov 14, 2013 12:58 PM

Jul 2008
Iron93 said:
Is the movie a continuation or a side story from the main story? haha I was hoping for a series..really love the characters.

Side story.
Nov 14, 2013 2:56 PM
Aug 2013
well hope they will make a new series after this movie :)
Nov 14, 2013 7:20 PM

Nov 2013
Well it better be one hell of a movie, that's all I can say.
Nov 17, 2013 5:38 AM

Sep 2009
Staff and cast. Most of it are the same

Confirmed Staff and Cast:

Original Work: Minazuki Suu
Direction: Saitou Hisashi
Screenplay: Ougi Jiyuu
Series Composition Supervision: Kakihara Yuuko
Character Design and Chief Animation Direction: Watanabe Yoshihiro
Chief SD Effect Animation Direction: Washikita Kyouta
Art: Studio Tulip
Art Direction: Maeda Minoru
Colour Design: Kanakubo Takao
Photography: T2 Studio
Photographic Direction: Shidara Nozomi, Yokoyama Tsubasa
Editing: Kimura Yoshiaki
Sound Direction: Takahashi Tsuyoshi
Sound Effects: Konno Yasuyuki
Sound Work: Glovision
Music: Iwasaki Motoyoshi
Music Producer: Uemura Shun'ichi
Theme Song: Blue Drops
Music Work: Nippon Columbia
Animation Producer: Ougi Jiyuu
Work: Production IMS

Sakurai Tomoki: Hoshi Souichirou
Ikaros: Hayami Saori
Mitsuki Sohara: Mina
Sugata Eishirou: Suzuki Tatsuhisa
Satsukitane Mikako: Takagaki Ayahi
Nymph: Nomizu Iori
Astraea: Fukuhara Kaori
Kazane Hiyori: Hikasa Youko
Chaos: Toyosaki Aki
Daedalus: Oogame Asuka
Nov 17, 2013 10:24 AM

Sep 2011
Fuck dis shyt, biggeset cock tease I have had in a while.

I really wish the author would stop doing the humor side so often though, I know it started off as one, but seriously... leave those for the ovas.
Nov 17, 2013 11:05 AM

Jul 2008
GodlyKyon said:

I really wish the author would stop doing the humor side so often though, I know it started off as one, but seriously... leave those for the ovas.

As far as I know, the author does not have any says in this kind of decision.

He can only accept the studio's offer and get money (which is deserved because being a mangaka is atrocious unless you are super famous) or simply refuse and get nothing.

The studio is in the wrong here, not the author. They marketed it as a third season but couldn't deliver it as such. I agree that it is not professional but in a production studio sometime shit happens.
Nov 17, 2013 12:32 PM

Sep 2011
Shangetsu said:
GodlyKyon said:

He can only accept the studio's offer and get money (which is deserved because being a mangaka is atrocious unless you are super famous) or simply refuse and get nothing.

The studio is in the wrong here, not the author. They marketed it as a third season but couldn't deliver it as such. I agree that it is not professional but in a production studio sometime shit happens.

There's too many humor arcs, I mean, to make an effective season without wasting slots on humor episodes. I wish they could start over more plot-centralized
Nov 17, 2013 3:58 PM

Jul 2008
GodlyKyon said:
Shangetsu said:
GodlyKyon said:

There's too many humor arcs, I mean, to make an effective season without wasting slots on humor episodes. I wish they could start over more plot-centralized

I agree but unfortunately the people that are producing this seems to not think so.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 6 hours ago

12 by Hoppy »»
19 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

Vindstot - Apr 21

8 by modcarparking »»
5 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

11 by modcarparking »»
6 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
9 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.