Forum Settings
Forums

Some people really hate white people, as of racism is not only towards black people, white people also suffer racism, I hope you all understand that.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Post New Reply
Oct 23, 2013 11:42 AM

Dark_Chaos said:
Lupyloo said:
Dark_Chaos said:
Lupyloo said:
There was an ad here in Brazil, where there were three white people and one black guy. I saw some comments on youtube with some people saying "OMFG there is only one black person, most people are white, this is wrong this is racist stupid Brazil ads". Seriously, WTF?

Not only this, but at least in Brazil, some colleges do something like this: Up to 200 people can join it, but they will use 100 spots only to black people, and the other 100 for both black people and white people (means black has double chance to join college)

I don't know what you guys think, but I think that doing so is racist towards BOTH White and Black.

Oh dear, Lupyloo strikes again -.- White people are almost never the victim of Racism.
So are you saying that giving unfair benefits to black people in college is not racism towards both white and black?

What source are you getting this from? Because I'm in College, and this doesn't happen.

Just because this doesn't happens at YOUR college, doesn't means this won't happen with other country's colleges. This is a 100% common practice in MANY countries.

You could learn a little:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_quota

Also, my point has a name. The name is "Reversal Racism", and it is basically racism against the most dominant racial group in a society.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_racism

So what? Are you, closed minded people, going to say this doesn't exists? :>

It works like this: There are 400 quotas available for entering X College. You do the test, and you must score at least 70%.

Let's say you scored 75%. You must be better than 399 other people that also scored 70% or more, right? Let's say you are white, and 200 white people scored more than you. There are still 200 quotas left. BUT, the College has the Racial Quota system, in such a way that you only have access to 200 quotas, and the other 200 are for black people. This means you will not enter the college, even though your score may be better than the score of other black people that are going to join with the racial quota.

Modified by lupadim, Oct 23, 2013 11:45 AM

Oct 23, 2013 12:08 PM

Lupyloo said:
Dark_Chaos said:
Lupyloo said:
Dark_Chaos said:
Lupyloo said:
There was an ad here in Brazil, where there were three white people and one black guy. I saw some comments on youtube with some people saying "OMFG there is only one black person, most people are white, this is wrong this is racist stupid Brazil ads". Seriously, WTF?

Not only this, but at least in Brazil, some colleges do something like this: Up to 200 people can join it, but they will use 100 spots only to black people, and the other 100 for both black people and white people (means black has double chance to join college)

I don't know what you guys think, but I think that doing so is racist towards BOTH White and Black.

Oh dear, Lupyloo strikes again -.- White people are almost never the victim of Racism.
So are you saying that giving unfair benefits to black people in college is not racism towards both white and black?

What source are you getting this from? Because I'm in College, and this doesn't happen.

Just because this doesn't happens at YOUR college, doesn't means this won't happen with other country's colleges. This is a 100% common practice in MANY countries.

You could learn a little:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_quota

Also, my point has a name. The name is "Reversal Racism", and it is basically racism against the most dominant racial group in a society.

It works like this: There are 400 quotas available for entering X College. You do the test, and you must score at least 70%.

Let's say you scored 75%. You must be better than 399 other people that also scored 70% or more, right? Let's say you are white, and 200 white people scored more than you. There are still 200 quotas left. BUT, the College has the Racial Quota system, in such a way that you only have access to 200 quotas, and the other 200 are for black people. This means you will not enter the college, even though your score may be better than the score of other black people that are going to join with the racial quota.

No, I'd say I'm quite open minded myself. I'm also aware that white people are victims of racism sometimes, but that is about as likely as a male getting raped by a female.

Trust me, I'm white, so I'd be the first to complain if I ever thought that white people were being treated unfairly. Your wall of text explains diddly squat, Lupyloo.

Oct 23, 2013 2:01 PM

Dark_Chaos said:
What college are you from, so I can most likely demonstrate that it does happen in your college, as this kind of thing happens in the vast majority of countries across the world.

Dark_Chaos said:
No, I'd say I'm quite open minded myself. I'm also aware that white people are victims of racism sometimes, but that is about as likely as a male getting raped by a female.
Which, in 2010, is about as likely as a female getting raped by a male.

You know, naivete and social justice doesn't go hand in hand. If you want social justice, you have to be aware of the happenings around the world.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.

Oct 23, 2013 2:13 PM

lupadim said:

Hahhahahaha.

If you want to learn about racism, as you claim, then stop reading wikipedia articles written by old white people and start reading people like Chauncey Devega: ttp://www.chaunceydevega.com/2009/08/is-racism-dead-in-depth-conversation.html
Modified by Josh, Oct 23, 2013 2:22 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.

Oct 23, 2013 2:17 PM

lupadim, I doubt you're white, there are a lot of people in Brazil who consider themselves "white" but are mixed. Most people in Brazil are mixed.

Have you ever been in the USA? If so, did they consider you "white" or "hispanic/latino"?

Oct 23, 2013 2:27 PM

Araby said:
lupadim said:

Hahhahahaha.
Araby, looks like you have a lot to gain being an indoctrinated "feminist" in dismissing any discussion about affirmative action out of hand. It's like one of those fundamentalist Christians (like lupadim, in fact): "Humans don't have souls? Hahahahhahaha. How are you even alive?"

Araby said:
Stop reading wikipedia and start reading Chauncey Devega: ttp://www.chaunceydevega.com/2009/08/is-racism-dead-in-depth-conversation.html
Just because racism is still alive doesn't mean reverse racism (and the term itself is racist) can't exist. Racism isn't a zero-sum game, like a game of tug of war where if the center is on one side, the other side is "winning". (And for that matter, neither is sexism, or any other -ism.) There isn't just one metaphysical "privilege" in society, but thousands of privileges which favor all different kinds of people. People who are stuck on, "You're white, therefore you have THE privilege" are just looking for an easy way out.
THE CHAT CLUB.

Oct 23, 2013 2:28 PM

john_doe_ said:
Have you ever been in the USA? If so, did they consider you "white" or "hispanic/latino"?
In the USA, Latinos are considered Latino White, and Anglo-saxons are considered Other White.
THE CHAT CLUB.

Oct 23, 2013 2:35 PM

elite-sama said:
Dark_Chaos said:

No, it really is not. What are you smoking lad?

Oct 23, 2013 2:36 PM

I'm just surprised that white people were suffering from racism and weren't even noticing. How can people be that naive? Can't they notice that giving a racial group any kind of special treatment is racism?

Oct 23, 2013 2:46 PM

This might be just be my inner ignorant white teenage girl speaking when I say this but I personally have never experienced racism. I grew up in a mostly white town and went to mostly white school but just because I, and other white people haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I've seen countless lines on the internet spoken about white people that make me slightly offended and uncomfortable. While its not as big of a problem it does exist. Just because its not as big of problem doesn't mean it shouldn't it labeled as nonexistent.

Oct 23, 2013 2:51 PM

Dark_Chaos said:
elite-sama said:
Dark_Chaos said:
I'm smoking something called the National Intimate Partner and Survey Violence Survey. It's real good government made shit. Perhaps you've heard of it?
THE CHAT CLUB.

Oct 23, 2013 3:01 PM

elite-sama said:
Dark_Chaos said:
elite-sama said:
Dark_Chaos said:
I'm smoking something called the National Intimate Partner and Survey Violence Survey. It's real good government made shit. Perhaps you've heard of it?

Quite frankly, no, I have not. Perhaps you'd like to provide a link from a trusted website?

Oct 23, 2013 3:03 PM

Dark_Chaos said:
elite-sama said:
Dark_Chaos said:
elite-sama said:
Dark_Chaos said:
Quite frankly, no, I have not. Perhaps you'd like to provide a link from a trusted website?
http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/nisvs/
THE CHAT CLUB.

Oct 23, 2013 3:10 PM

elite-sama said:
Dark_Chaos said:
He is just trolling you. Fail trolls are like this: They get destroyed, but still keep throwing bullshit just for the luls.

But hey, Dark_Chaos, just for you to shut up:
http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/nisvs_executive_summary-a.pdf

If you are too lazy to read it, I've printscreend the part for you:
http://prntscr.com/1za6q0

1 in 17 women, 1 in 20 man. There is very little difference between those numbers, and yet, you say that men are never raped. Well. We got government information, we have source, we have all the information, and what do you have? Terrible troll attempts. Now you will most likely ignore all my post and jump straight to the part where I charge you about being a troll.

Mod Edit: Quote tower put into spoiler tag.
Modified by ThangLong, Oct 24, 2013 11:33 AM

Oct 23, 2013 3:18 PM

john_doe_ said:

Because people in the U.S. have the last word about what is and what is not caucasian, right?
"No, no, you can't be white, you were born on the other side of the border, and we only consider white the ones that were born here Lol."

Oct 23, 2013 3:22 PM

elite-sama said:
Dark_Chaos said:

Fair do's, but this is just one year.

In addition, my point still stands that racism against white people still isn't all that common. I'd like to see this "racism" myself.

Mod Edit: Quote tower put into spoiler tag.
Modified by ThangLong, Oct 24, 2013 11:35 AM

Oct 23, 2013 3:24 PM

elite-sama said:
Araby, looks like you have a lot to gain being an indoctrinated "feminist" in dismissing any discussion about affirmative action out of hand.
I've already discussed what I think about affirmative action enough on here. If I felt like doing so again, it wouldn't be with lupadim, of all people.

The term 'reverse racism' obviously has no place in a serious discussion about racism, so yeah, I'm dismissing it.

Racism isn't a zero-sum game, like a game of tug of war where if the center is on one side, the other side is "winning". (And for that matter, neither is sexism, or any other -ism.) There isn't just one metaphysical "privilege" in society, but thousands of privileges which favor all different kinds of people. People who are stuck on, "You're white, therefore you have THE privilege" are just looking for an easy way out.
Naturally, this is all integral to my thinking on social justice. Did you think that I would disagree with any of this, or were you just double checking?
LoneWolf said:

Oct 23, 2013 3:24 PM

lupadim said:
1 in 17 women, 1 in 20 man. There is very little difference between those numbers, and yet, you say that men are never raped.
I'm sorry, but the screenshot you've provided doesn't show those numbers.
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
And the best part is that no one can prove it wrong
The best part is that you somehow actually exist.

Oct 23, 2013 3:29 PM

I've never really read much by Tim Wise, but his FAQ's page does a nice job covering some of the basics of racism. It's very accessible, for people who prefer simple writing: http://www.timwise.org/f-a-q-s/

lupadim said:
Can't they notice that giving a racial group any kind of special treatment is racism?
It isn't, necessarily.

It's certainly not true without you defining, in depth, what you mean by "special treatment" and without you detailing, in depth, the relevant context in which this "special treatment" is taking place.
Modified by Josh, Oct 23, 2013 3:38 PM
LoneWolf said:

Oct 23, 2013 3:36 PM

Living is a cruel act; Racism is a part of it. Racism will cease to exist only when all of us die. So I don't give a f**k about these stupid things.
Newbie Blogger: http://animetaru.wordpress.com/

You know it's funny how freedom can make us feel contained
Yeah When the muscles in our legs aren't used to all the walking...

Oct 23, 2013 3:39 PM

Humanity should stop all pretense and go back to the "Fuck anyone else who isn't like me"

Oct 23, 2013 3:42 PM

JonyJC said:
Humanity should stop all pretense and go back to the "Fuck anyone else who isn't like me"
We're still like that, don't worry, lol.
LoneWolf said:

Oct 23, 2013 3:55 PM
I will call black people; "black people". I will not call them "niggers", out of respect. But the fact is that they have a "black" skin, so I don't think there's anything wrong with saying "black people". I wouldn't mind being called white (or "white people") by black people. It is the truth.

Oct 23, 2013 3:56 PM

Araby said:
Racism isn't a zero-sum game, like a game of tug of war where if the center is on one side, the other side is "winning". (And for that matter, neither is sexism, or any other -ism.) There isn't just one metaphysical "privilege" in society, but thousands of privileges which favor all different kinds of people. People who are stuck on, "You're white, therefore you have THE privilege" are just looking for an easy way out.
Naturally, this is all integral to my thinking on social justice. Did you think that I would disagree with any of this, or were you just double checking?
I think you're cognitively dissonant, in that your believe system disagrees with it yet requires that you agree with it at the same time.
THE CHAT CLUB.

Oct 23, 2013 3:57 PM

Jauregui said:
john_doe_ said:

Because people in the U.S. have the last word about what is and what is not caucasian, right?
"No, no, you can't be white, you were born on the other side of the border, and we only consider white the ones that were born here Lol."

No, they don't consider them white because the latinos have brown (or sometimes olive) skin and dark brown eyes.
Modified by john_doe_, Oct 23, 2013 4:14 PM

Oct 23, 2013 4:00 PM

Dark_Chaos said:
In addition, my point still stands that racism against white people still isn't all that common. I'd like to see this "racism" myself.
What do you mean by "see" this racism? Is your definition of racism only limited to overt acts in which one "sees"? How many acts of racism against minorities do you see?
THE CHAT CLUB.

Oct 23, 2013 4:02 PM

elite-sama said:
Dark_Chaos said:
What do you mean by "see" this racism? Is your definition of racism only limited to overt acts in which one "sees"? How many acts of racism against minorities do you see?

No, I meant "see" as in see proof. Maybe I worded that wrong, but I was expecting you to bring up some new website in an attempt to prove me wrong. My apologies if I have confused you lad.

Oct 23, 2013 4:03 PM

Dark_Chaos said:

Every college adviser knows that being of any minority means easier admittance to colleges. Also scholarships.
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*

Oct 23, 2013 4:08 PM

Slayermaster said:
Dark_Chaos said:

Every college adviser knows that being of any minority means easier admittance to colleges. Also scholarships.

I agree, Where I live colleges have quotas for religions as well, which is just sad.

Oct 23, 2013 4:12 PM

Dark_Chaos said:
elite-sama said:
Dark_Chaos said:
No, I meant "see" as in see proof. Maybe I worded that wrong, but I was expecting you to bring up some new website in an attempt to prove me wrong. My apologies if I have confused you lad.
Do you really need proof that racism exists against white people? For example, a white person walks into an Asian dry cleaner and gets charged more. I don't have statistics of an over-arching narrative for you to pick sides on, and I doubt you could find any study which indicates any other race to be the brunt of racism comparatively.
THE CHAT CLUB.

Oct 23, 2013 4:13 PM

john_doe_ said:
Jauregui said:
john_doe_ said:

No, they don't consider them white because they have brown (or sometimes olive) skin and dark brown eyes.

Guess most people from southern europe are black or some kind of new race then...

Oct 23, 2013 4:15 PM

Jauregui said:
john_doe_ said:
Jauregui said:
john_doe_ said:

No, they don't consider them white because they have brown (or sometimes olive) skin and dark brown eyes.

Guess people from southern europe are mostly black or some kind of new race then...
In the US, Hispanic refers to an ethnicity, not a race. A Hispanic could be identified as white or black or anything else. (Source: US Census Bureau 2012)

I hope that puts that to rest...
THE CHAT CLUB.

Oct 23, 2013 4:15 PM

elite-sama said:
Dark_Chaos said:
elite-sama said:
Dark_Chaos said:
Do you really need proof that racism exists against white people? For example, a white person walks into an Asian dry cleaner and gets charged more. I don't have statistics of an over-arching narrative for you to pick sides on, and I doubt you could find any study which indicates any other race to be the brunt of racism comparatively.

No, you misunderstand. I've stated clearly many times that I know it happens sometimes, but my point is that it doesn't happen very often, or at least not often enough that you could ever compare it to the racism that blacks get, that asians get, etc.

Oct 23, 2013 4:18 PM

Dark_Chaos said:
No, you misunderstand. I've stated clearly many times that I know it happens sometimes, but my point is that it doesn't happen very often, or at least not often enough that you could ever compare it to the racism that blacks get, that asians get, etc.
How do you qualify "often"? My point is that racism does not only entail discrete instances or acts such that it could be tallied up and compared, but an attitude, or even an undercurrent in people's attitudes. It is invisible. And that if you've never felt racism, it's either because you grew up in a majority white neighborhood and never went anywhere else, or that you weren't really looking.
THE CHAT CLUB.

Oct 23, 2013 4:23 PM

elite-sama said:
Dark_Chaos said:
How do you qualify "often"? My point is that racism does not only entail discrete instances or acts such that it could be tallied up and compared, but an attitude, or even an undercurrent in people's attitudes. It is invisible. And that if you've never felt racism, it's either because you grew up in a majority white neighborhood and never went anywhere else, or that you weren't really looking.

Or maybe you just aren't very social? I got out a lot up until last year.

Oct 23, 2013 4:24 PM

People don't realise that while racism against black people is at most times visible (racist jokes, racist segregations, and so on) racism against white is invisible. Not only that, but nowadays, it is somehow rare to see racism against black people that will prejudice them in a physical way. I mean, I don't remember seeing a black man getting shot down just because he was black, neither I remember a black man not being able to enter College because of racial quotas.

Oct 23, 2013 4:35 PM

Dark_Chaos said:
And that if you've never felt racism, it's either because you grew up in a majority white neighborhood and never went anywhere else, or that you weren't really looking.
Then I take it that it's the latter -- that you lack social awareness to see a pig when it's staring at you in the face.
THE CHAT CLUB.

Oct 23, 2013 4:45 PM

Grotex said:
Living is a cruel act; Racism is a part of it. Racism will cease to exist only when all of us die. So I don't give a f**k about these stupid things.

But can't we make these cruelties be less in number and less harsh on other people? Shouldn't we try to make things better?

Oct 23, 2013 4:45 PM

elite-sama said:
Dark_Chaos said:
And that if you've never felt racism, it's either because you grew up in a majority white neighborhood and never went anywhere else, or that you weren't really looking.
Then I take it that it's the latter -- that you lack social awareness to see a pig when it's staring at you in the face.

Ehh. I think if I can spot black racism and asian racism, then I can spot white racism when I see it. At the end of the day, it's all the same thing in the end, with the only difference being different targets.

Oct 23, 2013 4:46 PM

For some reason, overly descriptive file names amuse me enormously. A picture is worth four words!

Oct 23, 2013 5:21 PM
Elaxer said:
Slayermaster said:
Dark_Chaos said:

I agree, Where I live colleges have quotas for religions as well, which is just sad.

"if you're stupid enough to believe in that stuff, you're stupid enough to pay for college"

Basically what they're saying.
"There is no more effective method of concealment than the broadest publicity."
"naw just be like "in facist america burger is you comrade""
"if maps are hard, suicide is impossible"

Oct 23, 2013 6:39 PM

elite-sama said:
I think you're cognitively dissonant, in that your believe system disagrees with it yet requires that you agree with it at the same time.
Lol. What belief system are you referring to? Feminism? If so, the feminism that I refer to, if I ever refer to feminism, doesn't disagree with any of that.

Is your proposed solution still that we should pretend that -ism's don't exist and just start treating everyone "equally?" Or has it changed at all since we last had this conversation?
Modified by Josh, Oct 23, 2013 6:52 PM
LoneWolf said:

Oct 23, 2013 6:54 PM

No

Oct 23, 2013 6:57 PM

Araby said:

Is your proposed solution still that we should pretend that -ism's don't exist and just start treating everyone "equally?" Or has it changed at all since we last had this conversation?

That's my proposed solution. As naive as it sounds, I think it would work. Forget all this nonsense and just start treating everyone equally and trying to get others to treat people equally.

Oct 23, 2013 7:03 PM

It's just as naive an idea as it sounds, mostly because of the inherent contradiction that you just stated. You can either ignore discrimination or you can try to get others to treat people equally (acknowledge discrimination). You cannot do both, as Morgan Freeman and his disciples seem to believe.
LoneWolf said:

Oct 23, 2013 7:04 PM

So to stop racism, we should stop being racist?
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*

Oct 23, 2013 7:10 PM

Slayermaster said:
So to stop racism, we should stop being racist?
To stop racism, we should close our eyes, cover our ears, and yell, "I can't hear you," according to the MF crew.
LoneWolf said:

Oct 23, 2013 7:48 PM

I have a question, Lupin, are you black or white? Because I've heard rumors about black people in Brazil and I want to make sure.
Xinil said:
Thanks for joining MAL.

Oct 23, 2013 8:07 PM

Araby said:
It's just as naive an idea as it sounds, mostly because of the inherent contradiction that you just stated. You can either ignore discrimination or you can try to get others to treat people equally (acknowledge discrimination). You cannot do both, as Morgan Freeman and his disciples seem to believe.
Yes you can do both; they are not mutually exclusive. The problem is what you do after you acknowledge discrimination, and my answer has to do with getting people to drop racial attitudes by reducing its affect, whereas your answer seems to be to apply discrimination in the other direction to achieve some metaphysical balance.

Whereas I agree that with your method we could achieve this "balance" as it is conceived quicker, it doesn't actually solve discrimination, but compounds it. In other words, you've set your sights on the short term, and I'm looking at the bigger picture.

Araby said:
To stop racism, we should close our eyes, cover our ears, and yell, "I can't hear you," according to the MF crew.
Let's take racial slurs: say someone calls me a 'chink'.

My reaction to that, with my solution would be to encourage everybody (white, black, asian, hispanic, whatever) to use that word as they would use any other word, and yet inform everybody the meaninglessness of the word. Someone says, "You chink!!" Every Asian man should reply, "Cool, bro."

Your solution would be to apply a social-cultural standard, which ironically goes against your own policy of removing social roles from society, to allow only Asian people to 'own' the word 'chink', such that when it is uttered by any other person it amounts to a horror beyond pedophilia, and that person should then be condemned.

Whereas my solution removes racism from the experiences of people, your solution brings racism to the forefront so that we could all worship it -- equally -- forever.

Mod Edit: Double post merged.
Modified by ThangLong, Oct 24, 2013 11:50 AM
THE CHAT CLUB.

Oct 23, 2013 8:21 PM
precisely - people get offended over words way too easily, but the essential fact that everybody forgets is that words are inherently meaningless

only we humans can give "words," or "signs," meaning; if you choose to view something like "chink" as non-offensive, nobody can tell you otherwise

why? because you chose to see it as having that meaning and thus when you say that word, it carries that meaning
theoretically, it's alright to go up in front of an audience to say "Alright, for today's speech, I'll be using 'nigger' to mean 'I' and both words are interchangeable"
now, then, is that person using a racial slur every time they say "nigger?" in the eyes of society, yes, but for them, the most important person in this equation, no
ideally, as long as the speaker stays consistent with their rule, nobody should be offended
but people often are too shortsighted to see beyond that

same thing with "retard" - people call it derogatory, but all they are doing is exacerbating the problem
what they should do is to make the word accepted, but with positive connotations

to summarize - you don't have to get offended by words - what you should be upset about is the intent behind those words
however, this brings us to a new question: since language and culture are closely related, what if we eliminated racist vocabulary?

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »