Forum Settings
Forums

Some people really hate white people, as of racism is not only towards black people, white people also suffer racism, I hope you all understand that.

New
Oct 22, 2013 4:33 PM

Aug 2012
There was an ad here in Brazil, where there were three white people and one black guy. I saw some comments on youtube with some people saying "OMFG there is only one black person, most people are white, this is wrong this is racist stupid Brazil ads". Seriously, WTF?

Not only this, but at least in Brazil, some colleges do something like this: Up to 200 people can join it, but they will use 100 spots only to black people, and the other 100 for both black people and white people (means black has double chance to join college)

I don't know what you guys think, but I think that doing so is racist towards BOTH White and Black.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 22, 2013 4:42 PM

Jan 2013
Don't confuse positive discrimination with racism.
The fact that you're male and white means you will never be discriminated against. Count your blessings and shut up.
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
And the best part is that no one can prove it wrong
The best part is that you somehow actually exist.
Oct 22, 2013 4:44 PM
Mar 2013
I have always thought this was true. That non-whites who complain about racism are actually treated better so that they won't complain about racism. The same thing applies to feminists as well.
Oct 22, 2013 4:46 PM
Jul 2018
Sources or it didn't happen
Oct 22, 2013 4:47 PM

Oct 2013
Morgan Freeman on Racism:

WALLACE: Black History Month, you find ...

FREEMAN: Ridiculous.

WALLACE: Why?

FREEMAN: You're going to relegate my history to a month?

WALLACE: Come on.

FREEMAN: What do you do with yours? Which month is White History Month? Come on, tell me.

WALLACE: I'm Jewish.

FREEMAN: OK. Which month is Jewish History Month?

WALLACE: There isn't one.

FREEMAN: Why not? Do you want one?

WALLACE: No, no.

FREEMAN: I don't either. I don't want a Black History Month. Black history is American history.

WALLACE: How are we going to get rid of racism until ...?

FREEMAN: Stop talking about it. I'm going to stop calling you a white man. And I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man. I know you as Mike Wallace. You know me as Morgan Freeman. You're not going to say, "I know this white guy named Mike Wallace." Hear what I'm saying?

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMGfhXCpN2k
Its the year 2053 a girl lays on her bed wearing vintage UGG boots and says, "I was born in the wrong generation" and cries over a One Direction poster while listening to Taylor Swift.
Oct 22, 2013 4:55 PM

Jan 2013
JuliaSpiegel said:
Morgan Freeman on Racism
Morgan Freeman isn't the spokesman for all black people.
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
Oct 22, 2013 4:55 PM

Mar 2012
white privilege is real
Oct 22, 2013 4:56 PM

Aug 2013
Affirmative action is technically racism. (Racism as treating people differently based upon race)

I understand, I don't really care.
gstaad said:
The fact that you're male and white means you will never be discriminated against. Count your blessings and shut up.

If one race has a mathematically lower chance for success in an area such as education, this is discrimination. The race of the person being discriminated against is irrelevant. If we are to follow Lupadim's example, a person considered black can potentially fill one of two hundred slots, 50% of which are reserved specifically for black people (less competition), a white person can potentially fill one of one hundred slots of which they are in competition for with everyone else (more competition).
Mogu-samaOct 22, 2013 5:00 PM
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Oct 22, 2013 4:56 PM

Oct 2013
gstaad said:
JuliaSpiegel said:
Morgan Freeman on Racism
Morgan Freeman isn't the spokesman for all black people.

No, but he makes a good point.
Its the year 2053 a girl lays on her bed wearing vintage UGG boots and says, "I was born in the wrong generation" and cries over a One Direction poster while listening to Taylor Swift.
Oct 22, 2013 5:00 PM

Jan 2013
JuliaSpiegel said:

"Stop posting that Morgan Freeman quote without asking the black community at large what people think about it.
Stop thinking your white opinion on Black issues is superior and you’re somehow not racist for that.
Stop saying that you’re colorblind, that just means you’re privilege-denying.
Check your privilege. If you haven’t experienced someone else’s reality, then you need to defer to them on issues relating to their struggles.
Stop crying reverse racism. Even if it were a big deal, it would be distracting from the issues of institutional oppression by bringing up some time someone was mean to you.
Stop being pissed off by people’s tone. But trying to tell us you don’t like our tone is like saying that you’d care about oppression if we were just nicer to you.
Accusing us of hating white people because we recognize difference might actually be the single least productive thing you can do.
Stop trying to compare everything to something you’ve faced. If you haven’t had our experiences, you don’t understand them. Respect That.
Never, ever, ever try to tell us that it’s not as bad as we’re saying. Sit down and listen. You have no role in this play."

Also has a good point.
aerostatOct 22, 2013 5:03 PM
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
Oct 22, 2013 5:05 PM

Aug 2013
...What?

Edit: I too love invalidation and assumptions.
Want to talk?
Club!

Oct 22, 2013 5:09 PM

Oct 2013
gstaad said:
JuliaSpiegel said:

"Stop posting that Morgan Freeman quote without asking the black community at large what people think about it.
Stop thinking your white opinion on Black issues is superior and you’re somehow not racist for that.
Stop saying that you’re colorblind, that just means you’re privilege-denying.
Check your privilege. If you haven’t experienced someone else’s reality, then you need to defer to them on issues relating to their struggles.
Stop crying reverse racism. Even if it were a big deal, it would be distracting from the issues of institutional oppression by bringing up some time someone was mean to you.
Stop being pissed off by people’s tone. But trying to tell us you don’t like our tone is like saying that you’d care about oppression if we were just nicer to you.
Accusing us of hating white people because we recognize difference might actually be the single least productive thing you can do.
Stop trying to compare everything to something you’ve faced. If you haven’t had our experiences, you don’t understand them. Respect That.
Never, ever, ever try to tell us that it’s not as bad as we’re saying. Sit down and listen. You have no role in this play."

Also has a good point.

I'm guessing you're black, how do you feel about what he said?
I'm not white...and not everyone who experiences racism is black
There is no such thing as being color blind, people should just learn to appreciate each others differences.
I'm not crying reverse racism.
What do you mean by tone?
I never said anyone hated anyone.
I never said I've experienced the same things you have.
I have no idea how bad it is since I just moved to the U.S. 2 years ago and that was also the first time I've talked to black people, since where I grew up there weren't really any.
Oct 22, 2013 5:10 PM

Aug 2013
I'm a motherfuckin' cracker motherfucker
I sit down and do my white boy things, like eating roast chicken
I'm not a hippy, but I'm not a conservative, I'm a hipservative.
I watch movies like, I dunno, white boy movies, I also watch anime
I am not a racist motherfucker though I may make the fried chicken joke a few times,
because lets face it, who doesn't like fried chicken.
"Canaan. You're a victim whose past was taken away by war. And she's a defeated person who lost her past in a power struggle. Soldiers who are born within destruction take hatred as their weapon. Even though you and her became soldiers for the same reason, you both live differently. Listen Canaan, you cannot counter hatred with hatred... ever." -Siam, Canaan
Oct 22, 2013 5:10 PM

Jan 2009
JuliaSpiegel said:

FREEMAN: Stop talking about it. I'm going to stop calling you a white man. And I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man. I know you as Mike Wallace. You know me as Morgan Freeman. You're not going to say, "I know this white guy named Mike Wallace." Hear what I'm saying?

genius
Oct 22, 2013 5:14 PM

Jan 2013
Slayermaster said:
Edit: I too love invalidation and assumptions.
Then we have something to agree upon.

Slayermaster said:
Affirmative action is technically racism. (Racism as treating people differently based upon race)

Technically, yes.

JuliaSpiegel said:
text
It was in quotations and not really directed at the topic at hand, but the usage of quotes of Morgan Freeman in a racism/discrimination topic. I didn't write it, just something a stumbled upon during a racism discussion where somebody used the same Morgan Freeman example. After reading it again I realised I kind of came on strong and personal, my excuses.
aerostatOct 22, 2013 5:23 PM
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
Oct 22, 2013 5:20 PM

Oct 2012
why do you care if the college is doing that also racism can happen to anybody
RRRRRRRRRR
Oct 22, 2013 5:25 PM

Oct 2012
gstaad said:
Spoken like a true racist.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Oct 22, 2013 5:28 PM

Mar 2012
lol

elite-sama said:
gstaad said:
lol

gstaad could have been more premise, but still.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 22, 2013 5:31 PM

Aug 2013
What if we removed gender, names, and race from applications? Or even instituted a law that forbid the inclusion of such on college applications? At least for state schools. (Speaking about the US)

Would that be a food idea?
Want to talk?
Club!

Oct 22, 2013 5:32 PM

Jan 2013
elite-sama said:
You're right, save for the fact that I'm white.
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
Oct 22, 2013 5:33 PM

Oct 2012
gstaad said:
elite-sama said:
Thanks for proving my point.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Oct 22, 2013 5:34 PM

Jan 2013
elite-sama said:
gstaad said:
elite-sama said:
Thanks for proving my point.
I walked right into that one.
aerostatOct 22, 2013 5:39 PM
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
Oct 22, 2013 7:03 PM

Jul 2013
Slayermaster said:
What if we removed gender, names, and race from applications? Or even instituted a law that forbid the inclusion of such on college applications? At least for state schools. (Speaking about the US)

Would that be a food idea?

So we'll become numbers?(How else will we identify ourselves? We certainly can't have photos then that will certainly give away what someone is ethnicity/race wise 9/10 unless they're children of an interracial couple which they themselves were mixed kids) What is this Code Geass?(Not that I hate Code Geass, I love listening to OP 1, "Colors" by Flow.) Even then, some jackass will find a way to manipulate this and categorize everyone into tight, neat groups.
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Oct 22, 2013 7:45 PM
Apr 2010
My nigga, what's with the long titles?
Oct 22, 2013 8:46 PM

Jun 2012
i hate white people
they're all racists
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Oct 22, 2013 8:50 PM

Aug 2013
1L0can0 said:

So we'll become numbers.

Whenever you submit an(in this case college) application a random number is generated. You keep this number (like a password) for identification and retrieval of results. (Enter the number into something, see results of application)

That's just an immediate idea.
Want to talk?
Club!

Oct 22, 2013 9:28 PM

Sep 2013
Whenever you submit an(in this case college) application a random number is generated.

I wish this kind of anonymity could exist but wherever abuse can occur, it will.
Oct 22, 2013 9:35 PM

Nov 2011
DIE WHITE DEVILS!!! THE EAST WILL RISE AGAIN!!! STORK SCREEEEECH!!!
The Art of Eight
Oct 22, 2013 9:39 PM

Jul 2012
gstaad said:

No.
This is not right.
ANYONE can be discriminated against. Anyone can be racist towards anyone.
Telling people to check their privilege is ridiculous. Anyone can have problems. A white man with money can (believe it or not) have it worse than a poor black woman. Treat people as individuals, not groups. Sure, some people are more privileged than others, but that doesn't matter that much. Everyone has problems and no one should receive special treatment just because they are more or less privileged than another person.
Oct 22, 2013 9:42 PM

Sep 2012
lupadim said:

Up to 200 people can join it, but they will use 100 spots only to black people, and the other 100 for both black people and white people.

Is this really legit? Because it's fucking retarded. If anything it just promotes more division.
Oct 22, 2013 9:51 PM

Oct 2012
Jauregui said:
lupadim said:

Up to 200 people can join it, but they will use 100 spots only to black people, and the other 100 for both black people and white people.
Is this really legit? Because it's fucking retarded. If anything it just promotes more division.
Are you really surprised? It's called affirmative action. Most develop countries in the world have it.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Oct 22, 2013 10:03 PM

Sep 2012
elite-sama said:
Jauregui said:
lupadim said:

Are you really surprised? It's called affirmative action. Most develop countries in the world have it.

I honestly thought this (the university thing) only happened in the U.S. and BR was supposed to be one of the most race tolerant countries (now I guess it was bullshit) so I'm surprised that now they adapt such demagogy.
Oct 22, 2013 10:05 PM

Dec 2012
What a cluster-fuck title... I don't care about racism

Oct 22, 2013 10:21 PM

Apr 2012
can't tell if title or run on sentence o_O OR BOTH

Oct 22, 2013 11:00 PM

May 2012
Some people (cough cough Tumblr) don't understand that having social privileges =/= having an easy life. Being white just means that you will never suffer true discrimination (no, "why can't I say the N-word?" does not count as discrimination) due to the colour of your skin. That is all.

Same goes for being male, straight, cisgender (not transgender) or on the privileged flipside of any minority group. People who belong to privileged social groups can and will suffer problems in life just like any other person.
Oct 22, 2013 11:09 PM

Jul 2013
What if we replace racial color terms?

Black -> Umbreon
White -> Sylveon

I'm asian so i'm Joltheon :D

It doesn't change/resolve things but I heard the cuteness makes things looks better :D

And when people clashes with each other we can reply a hipster answer of... "guys guys, stop fighting, we are all originated from Eevee. So we are all the same"
I'm an Avid Slice of Life fan, if you have any interesting SoL anime/manga to introduce, please do so ^^,

Just your typical Yandere lover :3
Oct 22, 2013 11:15 PM

Oct 2012
Rarity said:
Being white just means that you will never suffer true discrimination (no, "why can't I say the N-word?" does not count as discrimination) due to the colour of your skin. That is all.
You're trapped under dichotomous thinking. Social privilege isn't exclusive. It isn't just one thing, but a distribution. But I guess that (cough, cough) some people will never understand.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Oct 23, 2013 1:02 AM

May 2013
I'm not even trying to hear about how hard it is to be white.
Oct 23, 2013 1:11 AM
Apr 2011
title = tinfoil hat material

but discrimination can occur anywhere, for anyone, but yeah, it isn't uniform

only way we can get rid of discrimination is by getting rid of the "race" mentality
if there's nothing dividing you and them, you can't really discriminate them
Oct 23, 2013 2:06 AM

Aug 2012
People think white people will never suffer with racism, but you people don't notice they are constantly giving benefits to black people, which means racism towards white.

I don't want benefits to anyone, i don't want to have benefits because I am white, and I don't want black people to have benefits just because they are black, is that so hard to understand?
Oct 23, 2013 4:00 AM

Oct 2012
I just want to show you guys this, I don't know if it has too much relevance but yeah. It's a segregation experiment with two groups, a group of blue eyed people and a brown eyed people. They end up talking a lot about racism and all that jazz.

SOMEONE TEACH ME HOW TO BB CODE PLS.

Mod Edit: bbcode for youtube is disabled at the moment. The syntax for it is (I used your link as an example).
ThangLongOct 24, 2013 11:30 AM

Oct 23, 2013 9:16 AM

Aug 2012
FriedIceCream said:
I just want to show you guys this, I don't know if it has too much relevance but yeah. It's a segregation experiment with two groups, a group of blue eyed people and a brown eyed people. They end up talking a lot about racism and all that jazz.
What
Oct 23, 2013 9:19 AM

Mar 2012
lupadim, you don't know what racism means. If you want to talk about it seriously, then go read a little bit about it.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 23, 2013 9:22 AM

May 2013
Lupyloo said:
There was an ad here in Brazil, where there were three white people and one black guy. I saw some comments on youtube with some people saying "OMFG there is only one black person, most people are white, this is wrong this is racist stupid Brazil ads". Seriously, WTF?

Not only this, but at least in Brazil, some colleges do something like this: Up to 200 people can join it, but they will use 100 spots only to black people, and the other 100 for both black people and white people (means black has double chance to join college)

I don't know what you guys think, but I think that doing so is racist towards BOTH White and Black.

Oh dear, Lupyloo strikes again -.- White people are almost never the victim of Racism.
Oct 23, 2013 9:28 AM

Aug 2012
Dark_Chaos said:
Lupyloo said:

Oh dear, Lupyloo strikes again -.- White people are almost never the victim of Racism.
So are you saying that giving unfair benefits to black people in college is not racism towards both white and black?

Araby said:
lupadim, you don't know what racism means. If you want to talk about it seriously, then go read a little bit about it.
Oh, sorry, I forgot that you can give me orders and that I can't discuss or read discussions about something if I want to learn about it if I already don't know 100% about it. Plz, find a women, create children and give THEM orders, I am not your son.

FriedIceCream said:
Subtitles?
Oct 23, 2013 9:38 AM

May 2013
Lupyloo said:
Dark_Chaos said:
Lupyloo said:

So are you saying that giving unfair benefits to black people in college is not racism towards both white and black?

What source are you getting this from? Because I'm in College, and this doesn't happen.
Oct 23, 2013 9:41 AM
Mar 2013
Dark_Chaos said:
White people are almost never the victim of Racism.

There is actually a huge problem with anti-white racism in the UK. Just recently, a boy killed himself because of racist bullying.
Oct 23, 2013 11:08 AM

Jun 2012
JuliaSpiegel said:
Morgan Freeman on Racism:

WALLACE: Black History Month, you find ...

FREEMAN: Ridiculous.

WALLACE: Why?

FREEMAN: You're going to relegate my history to a month?

WALLACE: Come on.

FREEMAN: What do you do with yours? Which month is White History Month? Come on, tell me.

WALLACE: I'm Jewish.

FREEMAN: OK. Which month is Jewish History Month?

WALLACE: There isn't one.

FREEMAN: Why not? Do you want one?

WALLACE: No, no.

FREEMAN: I don't either. I don't want a Black History Month. Black history is American history.

but you don't even know how dank my memes are
Oct 23, 2013 11:10 AM

Jul 2012
Dark_Chaos said:

White people are almost never the victim of Racism.

That doesn't mean white people can't be the victim of racism though. Any race can be a victim of racism.
Oct 23, 2013 11:11 AM
May 2012
gstaad said:

Bullshit.
"There is no more effective method of concealment than the broadest publicity."
"naw just be like "in facist america burger is you comrade""
"if maps are hard, suicide is impossible"
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If we eat the mermaid's tail, is it cannibalism or is it fish meat?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

21 by Absurdo_N »»
11 minutes ago

» Anyone had a Drought Emergancy declared for their area?

vasipi4946 - Apr 19

11 by deg »»
19 minutes ago

» Would you ever be interested in going on a blind date?

Thy-Veseveia - 4 hours ago

9 by cody »»
19 minutes ago

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

313 by Lightskynight »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - 6 hours ago

11 by phantom346 »»
45 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.