Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2013 9:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Gl living that long. That was more humorous than I had thought though.
Oct 24, 2013 12:01 PM

Jun 2011
Whew liked it more than I thought I would. A really simple story retelling his life and etc etc.. So glad that it ended before it turns into "You looked like your mom, who was my first love, thus I fell for you, my niece" kind of story.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 12, 2013 5:27 PM

Aug 2009
ToG25thBaam said:
Whew liked it more than I thought I would. A really simple story retelling his life and etc etc.. So glad that it ended before it turns into "You looked like your mom, who was my first love, thus I fell for you, my niece" kind of story.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. That would have been incredibly cliched.
Apr 9, 2014 10:57 AM

Jan 2012
I don't think he has any romantic feelings for his niece at this point. Glad this is a one-shot because if the story developed even more, their relationship wouldn't have been healthy (not just talking about the incest factor).

The way I see it, he could have felt guilty for not wholeheartedly wishing his first love a long and happy life and her passing away while in her "spring years", so he's going to watch her daughter grow old and wrinkled (as in, live a long life).

It's also a little disturbing in the sense that he projects his first love's image on his niece (with all this crying-as-she-sleeps business).
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.