Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Oct 14 - Oct 20

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

Oct 25, 2013 4:09 AM

Whoa, these are quite an interesting read. Anyway, I bet that OLM is now drowning in money from video game studios, especially Level-5 with Danball Senki and Inazuma Eleven.
Nothing is bad for being in any genre or demographic, especially anime for kids.

Oct 25, 2013 4:14 AM

symbv said:
hpulley said:
Teekyuu 2 higher than Nyarko-san 6 on pre-release sale day?
Looking at the Amazon ranking, even Teekyuu3 is doing quite fine....

Anyway, again the jacket of Kitakubu (this time vol.2) looks great!

http://blog-imgs-59.fc2.com/p/o/l/polyphonicar2014/kitaku2-2.jpg
http://blog-imgs-59.fc2.com/p/o/l/polyphonicar2014/kitaku2-3.jpg
Yes, I don't know if I believe those Stalker numbers but I sure hope Teekyuu 3 gets over 3K. That would be great! I haven't pre-ordered mine yet so I'm not helping season 3's numbers yet but I will get it for sure. Teekyuu Manga volume 6 (among other things) is in my shipment from HMV along with Teekyuu 2. The mangaka Roots and Piyo had been going like gangbusters doing 4 chapters per month but with the November issue of Earth Star comics they only did two chapters, 53 and 54 (Die Hard 3 and Aliens vs. Predators) so it looks like they are finally slowing down. Still more than enough material already for season 4 so I hope we get that announcement soon.

Yama no Susume mangaka Shiro has been doing double chapters, up to 44 now in the latest issue. Season 2 when??? Seriously, I am surprised as it sold really well though Shiro wrote in the season 1 BD notes that he thought they were joking when they initially suggested making it into anime. The next chapters are so good though, I really hope they make it into a second season. No joke Shiro!

Kitakubu I wish I could have loved that show. It is the kind of random humor I usually enjoy but some episodes just put me to sleep while others were awesome but that's not the kind of thing I buy. I need to love every episode to buy it. Blue ice, yummy!
Modified by hpulley, Oct 25, 2013 4:17 AM

Oct 25, 2013 4:20 AM

murazrai said:
Anyway, I bet that OLM is now drowning in money from video game studios, especially Level-5 with Danball Senki and Inazuma Eleven.
OLM is quite a different class compared to all the studios I have touched here so far. Just "Pokemon" is already a success on incomparable scale - studios that focus on kids anime are usually a different group from studios that focus on midnight anime, OLM is quite an exception here, its business ranging from adult games to kids anime. And not just that it also produces and makes live action movies and TV series. It is just not something that studios like Deen or Silver Link have the resource, know-how and connections to do.

hpulley said:
Kitakubu I wish I could have loved that show. It is the kind of random humor I usually enjoy but some episodes just put me to sleep while others were awesome but that's not the kind of thing I buy. I need to love every episode to buy it. Blue ice, yummy!
All I could say, from personal experience, is that the series improves as it progresses and it rewards sophistication (yeah, a word not commonly used for a gag anime), and it becomes kind of endearing at the end (this I credit the anime for the extra effort in depicting the characters endearingly including the OP/ED). The biggest problem is that except for Kibuki all the seiyuu's voice acting skills were rather poor and did not improve much in the series (and some of the minor characters fared even worse).

Yet the hard reality is that the series did not get to that endearing quality until quite late (I would say only by ep.6 or so as I was still considering dropping it after ep.4), and as you said before, a lot of the performance of a series could be decided at an early stage of the series, so it never really had much chance once it was clear that it was not picking up after the first 3 or 4 episodes.
Modified by symbv, Oct 25, 2013 4:53 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Oct 25, 2013 4:34 AM

^^^ I still need to finish Kitakubu so perhaps I haven't seen the best ones yet. Watching 30 simulcast shows makes it hard to catch up sometimes... but I will get to it some day. But I don't think it will make me buy it later when it had a few episodes I had to force myself through. And you're right, the seiyuu work is a bit lacking which again doesn't really encourage me to buy it. Too bad.

I loved Silver Link's work last year and bought both Kokoro Connect and Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, I can watch both over and over again anytime. Haven't bought any of their shows yet this year but Non Non Biyori could change that.

Oct 25, 2013 4:50 AM

^^ A good example to compare the impact of uninspiring seiyuu is Aiura. Aiura also has a cast full of rookie seiyuu but there was much agreement that other aspects of the anime compensated for the poor performance on the seiyuu side, while in Kitakubu those other aspects could sometimes be part of the problem too, be it animation/art side or story/humor side. And arguably some may also consider the seiyuu in Aiura to be marginally better, and of course it is also much cheaper to buy the full series of Aiura.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Oct 25, 2013 6:01 AM

^^^ I love Aiura! I bought it and the radio DVD ROM as well which has 960 hours of them on their own and with other guest seiyuu!

But you're right, luckily Aiura was a very slow, relaxing SOL short, more at the pace of a 25-minute short than a 4-minute one and that means they didn't actually have that much to say. The beautiful artwork and music won me over and as you say, a one disc buy is easy (and 4 manga volumes, still no sign of #5).

Oh and it's interesting that Vap chose to bring Kitakubu out in LEs rather than boxed sets like Chihayafuru and Gatchaman Crowds.
Modified by hpulley, Oct 25, 2013 6:40 AM

Oct 25, 2013 11:46 AM

It is substantially reduced from their 1st collaboration but the OP of Valvrave 2nd season by Mizuki Nana x TM Revolution is still likely to be #2 in weekly single chart next week.

【T.M.Revolution×水樹奈々】  
   Preserved  革命
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
月  ---,---  ---,---
火  *45,523  *29,231
水  *24,968  *16,576
木  *11,933  **7,816
金  **9,994  ***,***
土  *10,577  ***,***
日  **7,518  ***,***
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
計  110,513  *53,623
週  115,074  ***,***
累  173,430  ***,***

Oct 25, 2013 11:51 AM

symbv said:
It is substantially reduced from their 1st collaboration but the OP of Valvrave 2nd season by Mizuki Nana x TM Revolution is still likely to be #2 in weekly single chart next week.

【T.M.Revolution×水樹奈々】  
   Preserved  革命
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
月  ---,---  ---,---
火  *45,523  *29,231
水  *24,968  *16,576
木  *11,933  **7,816
金  **9,994  ***,***
土  *10,577  ***,***
日  **7,518  ***,***
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
計  110,513  *53,623
週  115,074  ***,***
累  173,430  ***,***

can u tell if the log horizon op is still selling or not?

Oct 25, 2013 12:00 PM

aboe said:
can u tell if the log horizon op is still selling or not?
Of course it is still selling if you mean whether it is available for you to buy it. If you mean "selling" as selling well, you can always check the first post of this thread to see if it is still charted and if so how many it sold in the past week.
Modified by symbv, Oct 25, 2013 12:28 PM

Oct 26, 2013 4:13 AM

Oricon Daily All-Genre Top 30 DVD/Top 20 BD Rankings for Oct 25.

DVD
*21 *22 *23 *24 *25 *26 *27  週
*** *** *** **3 **3 *** *** | -- | Yamato 2199 7
*** **6 **4 **7 **6 *** *** | -- | UtaPri 2000% 5
*** **8 **6 *18 *13 *** *** | -- | Nekomonogatari Shiro 1
*** *12 **7 *21 *14 *** *** | -- | BROTHERS CONFLICT 3
*** *11 *13 *** *20 *** *** | -- | Saint☆Onii-san
*** *13 *25 *** *26 *** *** | -- | Kimi no Iru Machi 2
*** *14 *14 *** *27 *** *** | -- | RailgunS 4
**4 *24 *15 *** *28 *** *** | -- | Shingeki 4
*** *** *** *10 *** *** *** | -- | Karneval 6
*** *** *** *11 *** *** *** | -- | Hakkenden 8
*** *** *** *22 *** *** *** | -- | Date A Live 5
*** *** *** *23 *** *** *** | -- | Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W 6
*** *** *** *24 *** *** *** | -- | Senyuu. Season 3
*** *20 *17 *** *** *** *** | -- | OreImo. 5
*** *** *26 *** *** *** *** | -- | Valvrave 5
*** *15 *27 *** *** *** *** | -- | OreGairu. 5
*** *21 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Dangan Ronpa the ANIMATION 3
*** *22 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Gin no Saji 2
*** *28 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Servant x Service 3
*17 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Tonari no Totoro
*20 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Free!2

BD
*** *** *** **1 **1 *** *** | -- | Yamato 2199 7
*** **1 **1 **3 **2 *** *** | -- | Nekomonogatari Shiro 1
*** *** *** **2 **3 *** *** | -- | Gargantia BOX 3
*** *** *** **7 **4 *** *** | -- | Full Metal Panic! BOX All Stories
*** **6 **2 *10 **6 *** *** | -- | UtaPri 2000% 5
*** **3 **5 *13 **7 *** *** | -- | RailgunS 4
*** **4 **4 *18 **8 *** *** | -- | OreImo. 5
*** **5 **7 *** **9 *** *** | -- | OreGairu. 5
*** *** *** **5 *10 *** *** | -- | Date A Live 5
*** *** *** **4 *11 *** *** | -- | Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2
*** *** *** *16 *15 *** *** | -- | Karneval 6
**2 *20 **9 *** *16 *** *** | -- | Shingeki 4
*** *12 *11 *** *17 *** *** | -- | Valvrave 5
*** *** *** *** *19 *** *** | -- | Kitakubu 2
*** *** *** **6 *** *** *** | -- | Majestic Prince 5
*** *** *** **8 *** *** *** | -- | Teekyuu Season 2
*** *** *** **9 *** *** *** | -- | Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W 6
*** *** *** *12 *** *** *** | -- | Yamato yo Towa ni
*** *** *** *14 *** *** *** | -- | Uchouten Kazoku 2
*** *** *** *17 *** *** *** | -- | Love Lab 2
*** *** *** *19 *** *** *** | -- | Photokano 5
*** *18 *10 *** *** *** *** | -- | BROTHERS CONFLICT 3
*** *15 *12 *** *** *** *** | -- | Dangan Ronpa the ANIMATION 3
*** *10 *13 *** *** *** *** | -- | Saint☆Onii-san
*** *16 *15 *** *** *** *** | -- | Servant x Service 3
*** *11 *16 *** *** *** *** | -- | Yuyushiki 6
*** *17 *18 *** *** *** *** | -- | Kimi no Iru Machi 2
*** *19 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Gin no Saji 2
**4 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Hanasaku Iroha Movie Limited Edition
**6 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Love Live!7
**9 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Hataraku Maou-sama!4
*10 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Free!2
*15 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Shingeki 3
Modified by Ejc, Oct 26, 2013 10:16 PM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).

Oct 26, 2013 6:22 AM

Finally Strike the Blood is also up for preorder (and it ranks pretty well at #35, solicitation boost notwithstanding). I think all the titles that count for something are now solicited. Guess 2 weeks from now I will do the first Stalker estimate analysis for this cour.

Ejc said:
*** *** *** *12 *** *** *** | -- | Yamato yo Eien ni

Actually it should be "Yamato yo Towa ni" here. The kanji is usually pronounced Eien but here it intentionally opts for Towa. Check:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Be_Forever_Yamato
Be Forever Yamato (ヤマトよ永遠に Yamato yo Towa ni?)
Modified by symbv, Oct 26, 2013 6:27 AM

Oct 26, 2013 6:50 AM

symbv said:
Ejc said:
*** *** *** *12 *** *** *** | -- | Yamato yo Eien ni

Actually it should be "Yamato yo Towa ni" here. The kanji is usually pronounced Eien but here it intentionally opts for Towa. Check:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Be_Forever_Yamato
Be Forever Yamato (ヤマトよ永遠に Yamato yo Towa ni?)

I just checked the cover of the BD on Amazon to make sure... it does say "とわ" above "永遠".
Yeah, that confirms its proper reading.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
I fixed it.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).

Oct 26, 2013 6:55 AM

Wait, when is the Gintama movie coming out? Hopefully it sells well enough to convince Sunrise to make another season...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...

Oct 26, 2013 6:55 AM

Ejc said:

I just checked the cover of the BD on Amazon to make sure... it does say "とわ" above "永遠".
Yeah, that confirms its proper reading.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
I fixed it.
You are welcome. In fact in the process of double-checking I found that the entry in MAL DB is also wrong so I have submitted a modification request about that too
http://myanimelist.net/anime/3069/Yamato_yo_Eien_ni

Oct 26, 2013 7:06 AM
geralt said:
Wait, when is the Gintama movie coming out? Hopefully it sells well enough to convince Sunrise to make another season...

Ain't the DVD version out already? And it stayed on the top spots too according to the Oricon chart.

Oct 26, 2013 7:06 AM

geralt said:

The actual Gintama Movie BD for (http://myanimelist.net/anime/15335) will be out on 2013/12/18.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00F43PRI8/

I thought there was another movie since it said "Gekijouban" in the Oricon listing... but I guess not. Probably why it wasn't listed in the Oricon rankings at the usual source. I'll remove it for now.

Xinception said:
geralt said:

Ain't the DVD version out already? And it stayed on the top spots too according to the Oricon chart.

Nope the DVD version also comes out on 2013/12/18:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00F43RRBI
Modified by Ejc, Oct 26, 2013 7:12 AM

Oct 26, 2013 7:16 AM
Ejc said:
geralt said:

The actual Gintama Movie BD for (http://myanimelist.net/anime/15335) will be out on 2013/12/18.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00F43PRI8/

I thought there was another movie since it said "Gekijouban" in the Oricon listing... but I guess not. Probably why it wasn't listed in the Oricon rankings at the usual source. I'll remove it for now.

Xinception said:
geralt said:

Nope the DVD version also comes out on 2013/12/18:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00F43RRBI

But.... but... I saw Gintama Movie (2013) straight up on your post about Oricon chart for the 24th....

THis is too confusing :/.

Oct 26, 2013 7:30 AM

@Ejc: Perhaps you saw this Gintama DVD instead?
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00E1ERSX8

That is actually a fan event named "Gintama Movie: Ginmaku Senya Matsuri 2013" held at the end of June as part of a campaign for the actual movie. So it is not an anime itself but is very much anime-related.

Oct 26, 2013 7:35 AM

Xinception said:
But.... but... I saw Gintama Movie (2013) straight up on your post about Oricon chart for the 24th....

THis is too confusing :/.

I know I had it up there earlier. I get the rankings from 2ch since sometimes the usual source posts the rankings in a cleaner format much later.

I crossed checked on Stalker, and the listing says Gekijouban in it, which made me think it was one of the Gintama movies, which is why I had it listed.

However, I just checked the rankings at Oricon... and it has it listed as an "event". That is why I just took it off now.

symbv said:
@Ejc: Perhaps you saw this Gintama DVD instead?
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00E1ERSX8

That is actually a fan event named "Gintama Movie: Ginmaku Senya Matsuri 2013" held at the end of June as part of a campaign for the actual movie. So it is not an anime itself but is very much anime-related.

Yeah that's the listing I saw on Stalker when I was cross checking the rankings from 2ch awhile back. I saw "Gekijouban", "Gintama" and "2013"... but not what was in between. "Matsuri" would have gotten my mind ringing bells if I had. My mistake, lol.
Modified by Ejc, Oct 26, 2013 7:40 AM

Oct 26, 2013 11:56 AM

Just noticed that the gatchaman BD box is back in the top 100, that is surprising(even though S2 just got announced).
- http://rederoin.motionsforum.com -
Anime air dates, BD release dates and Amazon stalker estimates for Anime BDs.
My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link

Oct 26, 2013 6:17 PM

rederoin said:
Just noticed that the gatchaman BD box is back in the top 100, that is surprising(even though S2 just got announced).
Perhaps because of the Season2 announcement?

Anyway, the top 100 are now filled with all volumes of Little Busters! Refrain and Strike the Blood. It may take some time for SutoBura (nickname of Strike the Blood in Japan) to settle down, particularly as the amazingly erotic ep.4 has just aired lol

Oct 26, 2013 6:45 PM

symbv said:
rederoin said:
Perhaps because of the Season2 announcement?

I still think its a rather large jump though, from 350-500#~ to 83# after the announcement.
Modified by rederoin, Oct 27, 2013 6:41 AM

Oct 26, 2013 8:46 PM
Hey can someone explain to me how something like Strike the Blood can have so many highly ranked volumes on Stalker yet a lot of them seem to have 0 pts and 0 reservations? How does that work/what does that mean? Thanks!

Oct 26, 2013 9:12 PM

symbv said:
It may take some time for SutoBura (nickname of Strike the Blood in Japan) to settle down, particularly as the amazingly erotic ep.4 has just aired lol

Ah, I was curious as to what the show was considering how high it is ranked on Amazon. Now no need to bother checking it out.

Oct 26, 2013 11:46 PM

Meddigo said:
symbv said:
It may take some time for SutoBura (nickname of Strike the Blood in Japan) to settle down, particularly as the amazingly erotic ep.4 has just aired lol

Ah, I was curious as to what the show was considering how high it is ranked on Amazon. Now no need to bother checking it out.

Its basically Kyokai no Kanata except far better in every way except animation. A girl with supernatural powers tries to kill an immortal dude then ends up friends with him and they fight demons and bad guys together.

rederoin said:
I noticed that diamond no ace has not been put on amazon yet, any reason for this? Or does it have something to do with it having a morning slot? I know that BD sales for it aren't important, but I'm just curious.

Its a kids show that airs at 8 AM in the morning. You'll probably not see any solicitations for a while, since they'll likely just be box sets.

Oct 26, 2013 11:53 PM

RyanSaotome said:
Meddigo said:
symbv said:

Its basically Kyokai no Kanata except far better in every way except animation. A girl with supernatural powers tries to kill an immortal dude then ends up friends with him and they fight demons and bad guys together.
Actualy I think it resemble Index more.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.

Oct 27, 2013 3:07 AM

Oricon Daily All-Genre Top 30 DVD/Top 20 BD Rankings for Oct 26.

DVD
*** *** *** **3 **3 **4 *** | -- | Yamato 2199 7
*** **6 **4 **7 **6 **7 *** | -- | UtaPri 2000% 5
*** **8 **6 *18 *13 *15 *** | -- | Nekomonogatari Shiro 1
*** *12 **7 *21 *14 *27 *** | -- | BROTHERS CONFLICT 3
**4 *24 *15 *** *28 *30 *** | -- | Shingeki 4

BD
*** **1 **1 **3 **2 **1 *** | -- | Nekomonogatari Shiro 1
*** *** *** **1 **1 **2 *** | -- | Yamato 2199 7
*** **4 **4 *18 **8 **3 *** | -- | OreImo. 5
*** **3 **5 *13 **7 **4 *** | -- | RailgunS 4
*** **6 **2 *10 **6 **5 *** | -- | UtaPri 2000% 5
*** *** *** **5 *10 **6 *** | -- | Date A Live 5
*** *** *** **4 *11 **7 *** | -- | Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2
*** *** *** **2 **3 **8 *** | -- | Gargantia BOX 3
*** *12 *11 *** *17 **9 *** | -- | Valvrave 5
*** *** *** **9 *** *10 *** | -- | Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W 6
*** **5 **7 *** **9 *11 *** | -- | OreGairu. 5
*** *** *** **6 *** *15 *** | -- | Majestic Prince 5
*** *** *** *17 *** *16 *** | -- | Love Lab 2
**2 *20 **9 *** *16 *17 *** | -- | Shingeki 4
*** *** *** **7 **4 *18 *** | -- | Full Metal Panic! BOX All Stories
**6 *** *** *** *** *20 *** | -- | Love Live!7

Oct 27, 2013 6:44 AM

RyanSaotome said:

Its a kids show that airs at 8 AM in the morning. You'll probably not see any solicitations for a while, since they'll likely just be box sets.

Seems I'll have to wait a while until I know how many episodes it'll have then.
Modified by rederoin, Oct 27, 2013 9:27 AM

Oct 27, 2013 9:19 AM

Meddigo said:
symbv said:
Basically what RyanSaotome said, but there is a strong appeal of the heroine character Yukina as I read so many comments about her being "the loveliest character" of this cour.

Also, the author of the LN stated clearly in an interview that he wants to go against the current trend of the hero/heroine having some trauma or angst behind the power he/she got. He wants to focus instead on how the characters do to adapt to the power and use it to deal with the events. In a way this is a throwback to the old days but it is also something that proves to be still quite popular.

Oct 27, 2013 9:31 AM
symbv said:
Meddigo said:
symbv said:
Basically what RyanSaotome said, but there is a strong appeal of the heroine character Yukina as I read so many comments about her being "the loveliest character" of this cour.

Also, the author of the LN stated clearly in an interview that he wants to go against the current trend of the hero/heroine having some trauma or angst behind the power he/she got. He wants to focus instead on how the characters do to adapt to the power and use it to deal with the events. In a way this is a throwback to the old days but it is also something that proves to be still quite popular.

I haven't read the LN, but based on the anime, it seemed to me like the main character had/has some pretty significant trauma/angst associated with his power. Unless you mean going forward that there is not too much of a focus on angst over his power, in which case I guess that's possible.

Oct 27, 2013 9:46 AM

Hahalollawl said:
I haven't read the LN, but based on the anime, it seemed to me like the main character had/has some pretty significant trauma/angst associated with his power. Unless you mean going forward that there is not too much of a focus on angst over his power, in which case I guess that's possible.
It seems that the guy just took the incident that got him the power in strides, so I would still take the words of the LN author as meaning the whole LN not just going forward.

Anyway, let me see if I can find that interview and check if I remember what he said correctly...

Oct 27, 2013 9:57 AM
symbv said:
Hahalollawl said:
It seems that the guy just took the incident that got him the power in strides, so I would still take the words of the LN author as meaning the whole LN not just going forward.

Anyway, let me see if I can find that interview and check if I remember what he said correctly...

I think I've only completed the first 2 episodes, but wouldn't you agree that there seemed to be some pretty serious trauma associated with his power? I thought that was why he had a memory issue.

Also, while I think Yukina is very cute (she has that innocent feel about her), calling her the loveliest character of THIS season (one PACKED with "lovely" characters in my opinion) seems like an extravagant claim to me. A matter of personal preference I guess but there are so many bishoujos this season lol.

Mod Edit: Triple post reduced to single post. Please don't multiple post.
Modified by rodac, Oct 27, 2013 8:40 PM

Oct 27, 2013 11:16 AM

Hahalollawl said:
symbv said:
Meddigo said:
symbv said:

Also, while I think Yukina is very cute (she has that innocent feel about her), calling her the loveliest character of THIS season (one PACKED with "lovely" characters in my opinion) seems like an extravagant claim to me. A matter of personal preference I guess but there are so many bishoujos this season lol.

Yeah if anything Konagi from NouCome is the loveliest character of the season and she's a supporting character.

Oct 27, 2013 2:12 PM

Might just be a sign of inadequate stock but fhana's "tiny lamp" the OP for Gingitsune is currently sold out at amazon and HMV. My copy has shipped. So at least something may sell well for Gingitsune anime... too bad, the Stalker figures for the Blurays are under 1K :'(

Oct 27, 2013 2:37 PM
hpulley said:
Might just be a sign of inadequate stock but fhana's "tiny lamp" the OP for Gingitsune is currently sold out at amazon and HMV. My copy has shipped. So at least something may sell well for Gingitsune anime... too bad, the Stalker figures for the Blurays are under 1K :'(

That's sad :c, well at least let's hope that the manga's popularity get boosted up.

Wait, could you detail me on how to check for Stalker's estimated/recorded figures?

Oct 27, 2013 2:53 PM

Xinception said:
hpulley said:

That's sad :c, well at least let's hope that the manga's popularity get boosted up.

Wait, could you detail me on how to check for Stalker's estimated/recorded figures?
I should add for "tiny lamp" that low stock or not it is only ranked #220 on amazon for CDs so the sales may still not be very good, perhaps just understocked.

As for Stalker for Gingitsune, see here:
http://www27392u.sakura.ne.jp/show.cgi?n=B00F4S3F2I
The bottom number right now is the estimated points/presales for when volume 1 ships and it is 984 right now :'(

Oct 27, 2013 4:10 PM
hpulley said:
Xinception said:
hpulley said:

I should add for "tiny lamp" that low stock or not it is only ranked #220 on amazon for CDs so the sales may still not be very good, perhaps just understocked.

As for Stalker for Gingitsune, see here:
http://www27392u.sakura.ne.jp/show.cgi?n=B00F4S3F2I
The bottom number right now is the estimated points/presales for when volume 1 ships and it is 984 right now :'(

I"d prefer if you had given me details on how to check the predicted sales for every product, but thank you though! :D

And by now, the BD pre-orders rose up to like 1.1k.... So... I guess we're slowly getting there? xD Let's hope so, though! Gingitsune has like a month and a half left until its first volume goes on sale. Go Silver Fox!

Oct 27, 2013 8:05 PM

Hahalollawl said:
symbv said:
Hahalollawl said:
I think I've only completed the first 2 episodes, but wouldn't you agree that there seemed to be some pretty serious trauma associated with his power? I thought that was why he had a memory issue.
For trauma it means that the incident left an emotional scar to the character. Of course we know there was one massive incident that caused the guy to get the power, but does it mean that it left the guy in some trauma state? This is what I think the author of the LN wants to say: That even though the scale of incident and event can be huge and potentially trauma inducing, this is not what he intends to cover. In fact, he will go for the contrary and say that there is little trauma or angst inside the characters even though they went through those incidents and events.

Hahalollawl said:
This surprises me as well. But clearly Yukina is very popular among anime fans, which of course would help boost the popularity (and sales) of the show.
Modified by symbv, Oct 27, 2013 8:10 PM

Oct 28, 2013 3:09 AM

Oricon Daily All-Genre Top 30 DVD/Top 20 BD Rankings for Oct 21~27.

DVD
*** *** *** **3 **3 **4 *10 | -- | Yamato 2199 7
*** **6 **4 **7 **6 **7 *12 | -- | UtaPri 2000% 5
*** **8 **6 *18 *13 *15 *** | -- | Nekomonogatari Shiro 1
*** *12 **7 *21 *14 *27 *** | -- | BROTHERS CONFLICT 3
**4 *24 *15 *** *28 *30 *** | -- | Shingeki 4

BD
*** **1 **1 **3 **2 **1 **1 | -- | Nekomonogatari Shiro 1
*** *** *** **1 **1 **2 **2 | -- | Yamato 2199 7
*** **6 **2 *10 **6 **5 **3 | -- | UtaPri 2000% 5
*** **3 **5 *13 **7 **4 **4 | -- | RailgunS 4
*** **4 **4 *18 **8 **3 **5 | -- | OreImo. 5
*** *** *** **5 *10 **6 **8 | -- | Date A Live 5
*** *** *** *17 *** *16 **9 | -- | Love Lab 2
*** *** *** **4 *11 **7 *10 | -- | Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2
*** *** *** **2 **3 **8 *11 | -- | Gargantia BOX 3
**2 *20 **9 *** *16 *17 *15 | -- | Shingeki 4
*** *12 *11 *** *17 **9 *16 | -- | Valvrave 5
*** **5 **7 *** **9 *11 *17 | -- | OreGairu. 5
*** *** *** **9 *** *10 *19 | -- | Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W 6
*** *** *** **6 *** *15 *20 | -- | Majestic Prince 5
*** *** *** **7 **4 *18 *** | -- | Full Metal Panic! BOX All Stories
**6 *** *** *** *** *20 *** | -- | Love Live!7
Modified by Ejc, Oct 28, 2013 7:53 PM

Oct 29, 2013 2:19 AM

Got caught up with something, so here is a quick update of today's result. The actual new thread will come a bit later.

BD
35304 NekoShiro 1
22714 Yamato 2199 7
12384 Railgun2 4
11541 UtaPri2 5
11320 OreImo2 5
7823 Gargantia 3
7656 OreGairu 5
5186 F/k Illya 2
5010 Date A Live 5
4174 Full Metal Panic BD Box
3379 Valvrave 5
3254 Shingeki 4
3037 Nyaruko2 6
2973 MJP 5
2878 Yuyushiki 6

DVD
(17618 Gintama event for the movie final)
9536 Yamato 2199 7
8076 UtaPri2 5
(5219 Japanese land SDF DVD narrated by GirlPan's Akiyama-san)
4437 NekoShiro 1
(3932 Shimono's program v3)
3119 BroCon 3
2925 Saint Oniisan movie
2081 Railgun2 4
1984 Shingeki 4
(1912 浪川) 3
1849 KimiMachi 2
1707 OreGairu 5
1525 OreImo2 5
1270 Karneval 6
1261 DanganRonpa 3
1068 Date A Live 5
1014 Totoro
911 Silver Spoon 2
888 Valvrave 5
869 SerSer 3

Biggest observation is NekoShiro v1 did not get past 40k line....
Modified by symbv, Oct 29, 2013 2:22 AM

Oct 29, 2013 3:46 AM

Wow, that's a big drop from Nisemonogatari and it's like half of Bakemonogatari.
I thought Hanekawa was one of the most liked girl in the series as well...
5. Is it actually good?

Oct 29, 2013 3:54 AM

geralt said:
Wow, that's a big drop from Nisemonogatari and it's like half of Bakemonogatari.
IIRC it's even a drop from v1wk1 of Neko Kuro.

I haven't bought it yet myself. After buying the first 13 discs in the franchise, the thought of buying 12 more discs for as low as 25 new episodes this season is a bit of sticker shock. I really should get at least Neko Shiro to make it look complete beside my Neko Kuro discs but man, Aniplex seems greedy right now. I love their releases but so many discs for so few episodes hurts... I expect a break on a 2-cour series, 7-9 discs.
Modified by hpulley, Oct 29, 2013 3:57 AM

Oct 29, 2013 4:16 AM

and Valvrave op (TM X Nana) hit 80k in 1st week

Oct 29, 2013 4:37 AM

geralt said:
But NekoShiro does not feature much of Hanekawa though....

Oct 29, 2013 4:47 AM

symbv said:
geralt said:

I'm pretty sure it does.
5. Is it actually good?

Oct 29, 2013 6:23 AM

jmal said:
geralt said:
symbv said:
geralt said:

I'm pretty sure it does.
Yeah... she's actually in it quite a lot, unlike other arcs named after girls who barely show up.
Sorry I was thinking of Hanazawa LOL Must have been the stress I was experiencing when I was being distracted while typing the post...

Back to your original post then, Hanekawa is not really the most liked girls in the series. She is below Nadeko and Senjougahara, and also Shinobu and likely Hachikuji as well. So among the main cast from Bake she is near bottom. In fact so much so that fans said that this Neko Kuro/Shiro is a hard-to-come-by opportunity to raise Hanekawa's star for the audience. However it seems franchise fatigue may have bigger influence here....

Oct 29, 2013 6:31 AM

Pretty good first week sales for Monogatari Second Season. Curious to see how much loss there will be due to the 'marathon'/12 volume release method.

Oct 29, 2013 10:43 AM

symbv said:
Natsu12345 said:
symbv said:

**,*** ** Blood Lad [BD+DVD]: 2013/09/27
Can anyone tell me what does these **,*** ** mean? Does that mean that it has sold so less that it's not even numbered? lol
In short, the title was not charted at all so there is no number to report. Of course it does not mean the actual sales was zero. In Blood Lad's case, the threshold for charting in the full weekly BD chart was 630 for the week when Blood Lad vol.1 was released, so it means Blood Lad vol.1 had to sell <630 BDs that week. For DVD the threshold was even higher (like 800 something). It is entirely possible that Blood Lad actually sold 1400 BD+DVD that week and still would not be charted, although more likely it should have sold quite a bit fewer than that.

Ugh there goes my hope for s2.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]